Career Questions tagged Strategy

Devon S.’s Avatar
Devon S. Oct 12, 2020 185 views

Best way to ask for a recommendation letter to a PsyD program

Hello, I am in the process of applying to PsyD programs and started to gather recommendation letters. I am finding it very anxiety provoking to ask current and past employers for recommendation letters for my application. I would love some advice on the best ways to ask for recommendation...

#gradschool #psychologist #career #psychology #recommendations #psyd #strategy

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Sep 12, 2020 541 views

What to say when reaching out connections on Linkedin?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION! Context: I came across a job posting in "X" department I'd like to apply and I know someone who works at that company in "Y" department. I understand that X & Y departments work closely together. I want to gain more insights about the...

#technology #interview #networking #career #employer #strategy #jobapplications #careercoaching #linkedin

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Aug 08, 2020 456 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

#technology #recruiters #careeradvice #career #writer #contentcreator #professionals #consulting #strategy #algorithm #hr #influencer #linkedin

Umair M.’s Avatar
Umair M. Feb 01, 2020 828 views

For Business Development/Partnerships/Strategy professionals in Tech or Business: what type of skills, methodologies, and frameworks have you developed over time in order to do well in your job and have a positive impact towards your organization?

I’m currently a senior @ Rutgers University studying IT & Entrepreneurship. Highly interested in starting a career in the business side of Tech and would like to one day lead the transaction of billion dollar deals and market partnerships. #business #entrepreneur #strategy #business...

#technology #partnerships #management #alliances #marketing #sales #product

Anthony N.’s Avatar
Anthony N. May 30, 2018 288 views

What skill sets make for a better grad school application?

Hi. I'm looking to start building a resume with experience that'll reasonably prepare me for applying to graduate school. What kinds of opportunities should I be searching for to accomplish this? #school...

#strategy

Vera L.’s Avatar
Vera L. Oct 22, 2016 780 views
Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. May 24, 2017 639 views

If I study business strategy, what sort of jobs would I be aiming to go into at the end of my studies?

Commerce is a broad program, and strategy seems to be one niche that appeals to me, but I don't know what careers can be led after studying in such a program. #undergraduate #strategy #commerce #career-path-planning...

#career-details

Tyrel R.’s Avatar
Tyrel R. Aug 12, 2016 659 views

What's the most successful way to become popular in the music industry?

Keeping in touch with celebrities in the entertainment industry is one of my favorite pass times. My reason for answering this question is because it seems as though many new artists have their two years or so of fame but it suddenly starts to die out and they lose thousands of fans. I would...

#leadership #business-development #music #innovation #strategy

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 11, 2017 1032 views

Is job stability ever more important than job satisfaction?

I am an undergrad working towards my Bachelor's. I left a very stable, well paying job in a career that I wasn't passionate about or satisfied in. I am trying to make a career change and am wondering if in the beginning of a person's professional career if job stability is actually more...

#career-counseling #career-choice #strategy #job-search

Angelina P.’s Avatar
Angelina P. Feb 08, 2017 5240 views

If you could go back in time and tell your younger-self one thing, what would it be?

What one piece of advice would you want to tell your younger self? Would it be something about jobs and careers, losses and struggles, life and love? What would it be? #business #medicine #marketing #financial-services #social-media #marketing-and-advertising #strategy...

#customer-service

Liana S.’s Avatar
Liana S. Sep 05, 2016 1603 views
Cameron S.’s Avatar
Cameron S. Aug 14, 2016 624 views

What are some good qualities needed when trying to become a sports-based entreprenuer that is well-known?

I am thinking about taking the risk of opening a sportswear clothing line. I would like to know the base foundation for beginning my journey. #business #entrepreneurship #sports-management #business-development #entrepreneur...

#strategy

Kevin C.’s Avatar
Kevin C. May 24, 2016 700 views
Federico C.’s Avatar
Federico C. May 14, 2016 789 views

How do you feel your work will affect your field?

Interested in HR, and want to gather thoughts on the bigger picture of the field. #business #human-resources #strategy...

#hr

Sofie C.’s Avatar
Sofie C. Mar 04, 2014 813 views

What are some strategies I can use to write effective notes from my history book and be ready for my AP U.S History Exam?

My name is Sofie and I am a junior in high school. I am looking forward to take the AP U.S History in May but I am really struggling to write the most important ideas of the chapters. What are some strategies to write good effective notes. Please help! #history #testing #strategy #studying...

#notes