Career Questions tagged Nonprofit

Theresa C.’s Avatar
Theresa C. Sep 13 40 views

How to find the right entry-level position in the fields of psychology and human services as an unlicensed, post grad.

In December 2018, I graduated from Loyola University Chicago with a bachelors degree in Psychology. Despite my efforts of using Linked in, reaching out to former educators and advisers, and using databases such as Indeed, InHerSight, Glassdoor, and Monster; I still have not landed a relevant...

#job-search #nonprofit #psychology #human-services

Elisa C.’s Avatar
Elisa C. Jan 24 81 views

BCBA Volunteer opportunities for after 5pm on weekdays and anytime weekends

I am a current adult student completing the required academic course work by the BACB; however, to fulfill the 1500 fieldwork hours, I need is a practicum site and a supervisor. I work during the day. That is why I am willing to volunteer after 5 p.m. during the week and anytime on the...

#nonprofit #bcba #volunteering #volunteer #texas

Megan L.’s Avatar
Megan L. Sep 12, 2018 121 views

What kind of jobs in disability justice are available in Kentucky?

I'm interested in anything from education to legal work to community building. I'm an advocate with experience in the autistic community who's worked with multiple #disability organizations all over the country. #justice #advocacy #nonprofit #kentucky #disabilities #law...

#social-work

Andrew C.’s Avatar
Andrew C. May 02, 2018 144 views

How was your experience attending mission humanitaire program in Benin?

Me and my friends are planning to go on a mission humanitaire (http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org) program in Benin. If anyone has any experience with such mission humanitaire program. Please share your experience. #missionhumanitaire #missionhumanitaireafrique #voyagehumanitaire...

#humanitarian #volunteer #nonprofit #volunteering

Wesley M.’s Avatar
Wesley M. Mar 25 118 views

I am interested in working for an organization like CareerVillage.org. What type of opportunities are available for someone passionate in organizations like this?

I would like to do my internship for an organization like this. I'm at Nairobi University from Kenya. #internship #career #non-profit...

#nonprofit

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. May 22, 2018 166 views

What is the best part about becoming a relief worker?

What is the most noticeable change that takes place when you are there? #helping-others #registered-nurse #nonprofit #nurse...

#nursing

Quinn M.’s Avatar
Quinn M. May 29, 2018 164 views
Emma P.’s Avatar
Emma P. May 20, 2018 241 views

Is it possible to live comfortably while working in the volunteer industry?

I hope to serve others and volunteer as a career path. While I feel serving others is my calling, I don't exactly want to live in poverty. So, is it possible to live comfortably while also being able to serve others? In addition, is a career like that able to be balanced with a typical social...

#social-work #nonprofit #volunteer #money #career

Emma P.’s Avatar
Emma P. May 20, 2018 198 views

What's it like to work at a nonprofit?

Do any professionals in the nonprofit sector have any advice for how to jumpstart your own projects? Does it help to be involved with a nonprofit first and then attempt to branch out or to stick with a nonprofit and help shift a focus towards what you are interested in? #nonprofit #...

#nonprofits #career

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Jan 24, 2018 185 views

In the nonprofit sector, does a candidate need to have a degree in a foreign language or is it enough to be fluent in the language?

I am nearing fluency in Spanish and want to know if I should major/minor in the language. #nonprofit...

#foreign-languages

LaRon J.’s Avatar
LaRon J. Jan 16, 2018 230 views

Can I make a decent living working in a non-profit capacity?

I really enjoy helping others and want to help people who are trying to improve their lives. I've been told, however, that non-profit work, although satisfying, doesn't pay well. Can I make enough money to live an average or above average lifestyle?...

#nonprofit

Moe W.’s Avatar
Moe W. Apr 04, 2017 1056 views

I do not know what majors to do in college and I would love to know some tips in becoming a nonprofit lawyer.

I want to become a nonprofit lawyer, (a lawyer who helps with advocacy, public defense, legal services, etc.) #college #lawyer #majors #and...

#nonprofit