Career Questions tagged Nonprofit

Paridhi’s Avatar
Paridhi Jul 24, 2020 509 views

After confirming a Board of Directors, what are the next steps for registering a nonprofit?

#nonprofits #financial-planning #event-planning #organization #board #science #registration #nonprofit #Texas

Paridhi’s Avatar
Paridhi Jul 24, 2020 605 views

What are the differences between Wix, Go Daddy, and WordPress website builders? Pros & cons?

#technology #website-development #entry-level #Wix #go-daddy #wordpress #web-design #website-design #web-development #website #organization #nonprofit #front-end

Monique’s Avatar
Monique Jul 17, 2020 560 views

What are the pros and cons of working for a nonprofit full-time?

I currently volunteer with several nonprofits doing communications and programmatic work, but I am wondering what a full-time position would look like upon graduation. What are the pros and cons (looking at job security, salary, etc.)?

#JULY20 #career #nonprofit

Charis’s Avatar
Charis Jul 16, 2020 350 views

What are the options for someone looking to work in the non-profit sector?

I am an undergrad student and probably want to work in the non-profit sector eventually. Besides grad school and fellowships, what else can I be looking into? #nonprofit

Kasuba’s Avatar
Kasuba Jun 03, 2020 546 views

How do I find work in the non profit field?

I've been volunteering and interning with different non profit organizations but now I'm looking for a more serious role. #nonprofit

Paridhi’s Avatar
Paridhi May 26, 2020 389 views

What are the best ways to fundraise?

#organization #fundraise #nonprofit #funds

Aleena’s Avatar
Aleena May 09, 2020 518 views

How do nonprofit apps that don't charge for service make revenue? Does the government give grants to nonprofits for their services?

#nonprofit #business #government #entrepreneur #nonprofits

Isabella’s Avatar
Isabella Mar 31, 2020 583 views

Do you need to get a philanthropic-focused MBA to get a CSR job?

I am very interested in pursuing CSR, non-profit work, social entrepreneurship, etc. as a career after college. My university offers a 5-year Bachelors + MBA program which would mean less time and money but they only offer focuses in the big business areas (EX: marketing, management, finance,...

Christie’s Avatar
Christie Mar 25, 2020 803 views

Given the increased need to work from home, I was wondering what sort of factors should I keep in mind while finding/working in an online/virtual internship?

I'm specifically interested in finance, consulting, and non profit work

#internship #finance #consulting #nonprofit #COVID-19

Anjali’s Avatar
Anjali Feb 04, 2020 401 views

How to get involved in the non-profit sector?

I plan to apply to jobs in the nonprofit sector post-graduation for my gap year. Should I do unpaid internships before then? #internship #internship #nonprofit #job-search

Anjali’s Avatar
Anjali Feb 04, 2020 345 views

How to make the most out of my Gap Year?

I am a junior pre-med student and plan on taking 1 Gap Year. I have already taken my MCAT and don't feel like I need to retake it. I also have experienced research throughout college and don't have the passion to continue with that. I am a finance major and am considering using that degree to...

Gabrielle’s Avatar
Gabrielle Jan 30, 2020 318 views

Where should a Community Development major look for a career?

I am not interested in making phone calls all day with my degree. I would like to working within a non-profit or with individuals where I feel that I am actively helping others, working with people. #career #nonprofit #communitydevelopment #outreach #communityengagement

Theresa’s Avatar
Theresa Sep 13, 2019 360 views

How to find the right entry-level position in the fields of psychology and human services as an unlicensed, post grad.

In December 2018, I graduated from Loyola University Chicago with a bachelors degree in Psychology. Despite my efforts of using Linked in, reaching out to former educators and advisers, and using databases such as Indeed, InHerSight, Glassdoor, and Monster; I still have not landed a relevant...

Wesley’s Avatar
Wesley Mar 25, 2019 481 views

I am interested in working for an organization like CareerVillage.org. What type of opportunities are available for someone passionate in organizations like this?

I would like to do my internship for an organization like this. I'm at Nairobi University from Kenya.

#internship #career #non-profit #nonprofit

Elisa’s Avatar
Elisa Jan 24, 2019 474 views

BCBA Volunteer opportunities for after 5pm on weekdays and anytime weekends

I am a current adult student completing the required academic course work by the BACB; however, to fulfill the 1500 fieldwork hours, I need is a practicum site and a supervisor. I work during the day. That is why I am willing to volunteer after 5 p.m. during the week and anytime on the...

Megan’s Avatar
Megan Sep 12, 2018 512 views

What kind of jobs in disability justice are available in Kentucky?

I'm interested in anything from education to legal work to community building. I'm an advocate with experience in the autistic community who's worked with multiple #disability organizations all over the country. #justice #advocacy #nonprofit #Kentucky #disabilities #law #social-work

Stephanie’s Avatar
Stephanie May 29, 2018 722 views

In what kind of professions can you do victim/minority advocacy?

#communityoutreach #advocacy #restorativejustice #law #law-enforcement #criminal-justice #community #outreach #nonprofit #service #social-service #social-work

Quinn’s Avatar
Quinn May 29, 2018 397 views

Do non-profits and ministries hire pilots to fly their workers, mission teams etc to locations?

#pilots
#ministry
#nonprofit

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley May 22, 2018 436 views

What is the best part about becoming a relief worker?

What is the most noticeable change that takes place when you are there? #helping-others #registered-nurse #nonprofit #nurse #nursing

Emma’s Avatar
Emma May 20, 2018 560 views

Is it possible to live comfortably while working in the volunteer industry?

I hope to serve others and volunteer as a career path. While I feel serving others is my calling, I don't exactly want to live in poverty. So, is it possible to live comfortably while also being able to serve others? In addition, is a career like that able to be balanced with a typical social...

Emma’s Avatar
Emma May 20, 2018 585 views

What's it like to work at a nonprofit?

Do any professionals in the nonprofit sector have any advice for how to jumpstart your own projects? Does it help to be involved with a nonprofit first and then attempt to branch out or to stick with a nonprofit and help shift a focus towards what you are interested in? #nonprofit #...

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew May 02, 2018 584 views

How was your experience attending mission humanitaire program in Benin?

Me and my friends are planning to go on a mission humanitaire (http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org) program in Benin. If anyone has any experience with such mission humanitaire program. Please share your experience. #missionhumanitaire #missionhumanitaireafrique #voyagehumanitaire...

Rebecca’s Avatar
Rebecca Jan 24, 2018 385 views

In the nonprofit sector, does a candidate need to have a degree in a foreign language or is it enough to be fluent in the language?

I am nearing fluency in Spanish and want to know if I should major/minor in the language. #nonprofit #foreign-languages

LaRon’s Avatar
LaRon Jan 16, 2018 683 views

Can I make a decent living working in a non-profit capacity?

I really enjoy helping others and want to help people who are trying to improve their lives. I've been told, however, that non-profit work, although satisfying, doesn't pay well. Can I make enough money to live an average or above average lifestyle?
#nonprofit

Moe’s Avatar
Moe Apr 04, 2017 1338 views

I do not know what majors to do in college and I would love to know some tips in becoming a nonprofit lawyer.

I want to become a nonprofit lawyer, (a lawyer who helps with advocacy, public defense, legal services, etc.) #college #lawyer #majors #and #nonprofit