Career Questions tagged Advocacy

Megan L.’s Avatar
Megan L. Sep 12, 2018 124 views

What kind of jobs in disability justice are available in Kentucky?

I'm interested in anything from education to legal work to community building. I'm an advocate with experience in the autistic community who's worked with multiple #disability organizations all over the country. #justice #advocacy #nonprofit #kentucky #disabilities #law...

#social-work

steffy O.’s Avatar
steffy O. May 21, 2018 172 views

what are the main qualifications and requirments for becoming a victims advocate

I know becoming a advocate you need to prepare yourself not only mentally but Emotionally as well , what would be some of the in things that jobs target and look for in advocates #psychology #advocacy #community...

#criminal-justice

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 03, 2017 228 views

What jobs are there in specifically science advocacy/outreach and public policy?

I want to pursue science, but I also want to contribute to bridging the current science-policy divide we're facing in America. Are there any careers that deal specifically with these issues? AAAS maybe? #science #public-policy #policy #advocacy #career...

#career-path

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Nov 08, 2017 641 views

How to get involved in politics as a high school student?

I'd like to get more involved in the political aspect of life, and particularly science advocacy. What are some things I can do as a student that might make a difference? #politics #advocacy #science #lobbying #social-activism...

#environmental-services

Allaire T.’s Avatar
Allaire T. Dec 24, 2016 474 views

How likely is it I will get an internship as a first year student?

I am a first year, undeclared student and I am looking for internship opportunities for the summer. I live in an area where there are many opportunities for internships but that means many students travel to the area in order to apply. I a specifically looking for internship opportunities in...

#internships #freshmen #advocacy #nonprofits

pooja V.’s Avatar
pooja V. Jun 23, 2016 2279 views

what do i need to study to become a legal advisor?

i want to work as a legal advisor for a firm but i don't have any idea of which field to go for? #commerce #legal-studies #advocacy #legal-advice...

#legal-writing

Calista P.’s Avatar
Calista P. May 10, 2016 1245 views

Is a minor in women and gender studies a good pairing with a political science/communications major/minor combo?

Women and gender studies as a minor is something I'm interested in, but I'm told it's a useless background to have. Do you think it's still "useless" if I want it to supplement a career in advocacy?? I am semi-lost with this #communications #political-science #gender-studies #advocacy...

#women-studies