Career Questions tagged Freshmen

Victoria S.’s Avatar
Victoria S. Jan 17, 2018 240 views

I start college in the fall, but am undecided about a major. How do I decide?

I really have no idea what I want to do in the future. I will be a college freshman in the fall. Is that a big problem? #undecided #freshmen #college #college-major...

#academic-advising

Brooklyn M.’s Avatar
Brooklyn M. Mar 17, 2018 1684 views

Can a student recover from failing a college class?

How many classes can a student fail before they are not able to succeed? Can a student recover from a few failed classes after retaking them and getting a better grade? What happens when you take a class that cannot be retaken because it is above 3000, but you need it to succeed? Can I...

#stress-management #grades #mental-health #recovery #college #university #failure #freshmen #stress #gpa #recover #student #student-development #help #classes #sophomore #class

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 222 views

What scholarship are good for future medical students?

I come from a low-income family, and plan on going to college for at least 10 years for forensic pathology. What kind of scholarships should I apply to? #highschool #freshmen #medicine-education #scholarships #financial-aid #forensic-investigation #medicine...

#low-income

Sean C.’s Avatar
Sean C. Jan 20, 2018 281 views

What are some necessities(or extra things) I need to bring to college?

Being the first child that is going to college in my immediate family, what are some necessities or extra things I should bring to college as a freshman? Thanks! #college #freshmen #student...

#student-counseling

Jada H.’s Avatar
Jada H. Jan 19, 2018 208 views

What are the secrets to surviving and doing well in college?

I am asking because I am going to college in September and I want to know how to succeed without failing first. #college #freshmen #newbeginnings #newplace...

#carrer

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Jan 17, 2018 358 views

What advice would you give to an upcoming college freshman?

I'm a soon-to-be college freshman and I'm very nervous because I don't know what to expect. What was college like for you and what advice would you give me? #college #college-admissions #college-advice #college-advising #college-bound ###college #college-majors #education #higher-education...

#freshmen #primary #college-freshman #advice #undergraduate #university

Angelina N.’s Avatar
Angelina N. Jan 14, 2018 325 views

What's something that I should bring to my college dorm that people wouldn't think to bring?

Going to be going to college in the Fall (of course)! I have a history of being unprepared and want to make my first year as stress free as possible. #college #dorms #dormlife #freshmen #fall #2018 #classof2022 #student...

#collegelife

Carrington B.’s Avatar
Carrington B. Sep 01, 2017 342 views

What are good scholarships for freshmen?

I am going to be a freshmen starting next semester. So I was wondering what are the best scholarships, and where can I find them? #freshmen #scholarships...

#financial-aid

Serenity W.’s Avatar
Serenity W. May 09, 2016 1478 views

How often do college students get to go back home?

I know there are breaks during semesters, but I've also heard there's "dead time" in between those breaks as well. I am going 4 hours away from my home and I have people that I want to see more often than on holidays. Do I just have to wait until breaks or will there be a time that I can go...

#college #freshmen #moving #visiting

Rawaf A.’s Avatar
Rawaf A. Jan 19, 2017 637 views

How to manage your time in the first year of college?

Freshmen nowadays get confused on how to manage their work life and studying and having fun. Any advice to help them to be more organize? #college #management #time-management #freshmen #scheduling #study #first-year...

#time

Nada D.’s Avatar
Nada D. Dec 26, 2016 504 views

What are some steps to take as a freshman towards preparing for university?

I am a highly ambitious person and am aiming high in my choices of universities and I know to be accepted there are a lot of people that start preparing from now. The problem is I don't know what steps I can take to prepare for university or to make my application look really good when the time...

#freshmen #university-applications #university #high-school-students

Allaire T.’s Avatar
Allaire T. Dec 24, 2016 497 views

How likely is it I will get an internship as a first year student?

I am a first year, undeclared student and I am looking for internship opportunities for the summer. I live in an area where there are many opportunities for internships but that means many students travel to the area in order to apply. I a specifically looking for internship opportunities in...

#freshmen #internships #advocacy #nonprofits

Alista E.’s Avatar
Alista E. May 18, 2016 589 views

How do i find the college right for me

Im really concerned about going to a great college #teaching #teacher #students #professors #graduates...

#freshmen

Tatyana J.’s Avatar
Tatyana J. May 13, 2016 564 views

What are some college dorm room must haves?

I'm starting school in the fall and just wanted to know some things necessary for a comfortable dorm life. There aren't any communal bathrooms so I shouldn't worry about buying a bath kit, unless I should. I'm a little overwhelmed and I do not want to over shop or under shop for dorm...

#college #college-life #freshmen

Joana R.’s Avatar
Joana R. Jul 28, 2015 5329 views

What are the pros and cons of becoming a preschool teacher?

I just graduated from high school. And I am going to start college this fall but I am still undecided for my major. So I am thinking of working with kids? I think they are cute and adorable. I want to know what are the pros and cons of becoming a teacher at an elementary school? #college...

#freshmen #teacher #children #education