Career Questions tagged Dorms

Teriyana’s Avatar
Teriyana Nov 29, 2021 284 views

If I get accepted into NYU, what are some housing resources that I can utilize?

Does anyone have any advice about East Coast housing resources? I would like to apply for NYU, and if accepted, they have a long dorm wait list. Is there any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend for semi-affordable ways for student to live off campus? Also, I would...

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Nov 05, 2021 416 views

What are the pros and cons of living on and off campus?

Which would be more convenient financially and environmentally? #college #dorms #college-advice #college-life

Julia’s Avatar
Julia Oct 13, 2018 536 views

Should I dorm with my best friend or with someone new?

My best friend and I have been best friends since elementary school. If we end up going to the same college together, should I dorm with her or try meeting someone new? I of course would still be close with her either way, so do I try to branch out or dorm with someone I already know?...

samantha’s Avatar
samantha Aug 28, 2018 572 views

is it better to stay in a dorm or an apartment

i'm planning on going to a performing arts school in New York for college pros and cons on dorms versus apartments would be appreciated any tips on finding a great apartment would be nice i currently have two roommates who would be staying with me and splitting rent. #housing #dorms #dorming...

Christina’s Avatar
Christina Mar 19, 2018 448 views

Living on campus or living off campus?

When coming to college, money is the biggest problem for me. I feel like living on campus is way better because all my resources are around me but I don't have enough money to live on campus. Living at home will be cheaper but harder for me to get to places. What should I do? I do not want to...

Leonard’s Avatar
Leonard Mar 18, 2018 423 views

Is it better to live on, or off campus for college? (No matter what year)

I know to have a dorm on campus would cost significantly more for tuition opposed to not living on campus. I know that there's pros and cons for both, that's why I'm asking. #college-bound, #dorms

Kellen’s Avatar
Kellen Mar 16, 2018 578 views

How do I find a good roommate?

I am enrolling at TTU in the fall. I need a good roommate that plans on residing in the Engineering dorms. #roommate #engineering #dorms #college

Ambre’s Avatar
Ambre Mar 11, 2018 2913 views

What if I can't find housing for college?

I have been searching for housing near my college of choice but have not been able to find anything I can actually afford. The college itself does not offer housing/dorms or any sort of assistance in finding any. What am I supposed to do if I can't even live near my college? #housing...

Cole’s Avatar
Cole Jan 16, 2018 637 views

Regarding a roomate, what would be the proper etiquette on who should bring what?

Rooming with another person is a big change, so I was curious on how to best assign duties. #dorms #college #college-advice #Roommates #Housing #On-campus

Angelina’s Avatar
Angelina Jan 14, 2018 727 views

What's something that I should bring to my college dorm that people wouldn't think to bring?

Going to be going to college in the Fall (of course)! I have a history of being unprepared and want to make my first year as stress free as possible.

#college #dorms #dormlife #freshmen #fall #2018 #classof2022 #student #collegelife

Nathan’s Avatar
Nathan Sep 01, 2017 473 views

What are some ways to adjust from living on campus to commuting to school?

During my first year of college I lived on campus but I will be commuting this year. How is commuting different from dorming and what are some ways to still get the full college experience as a commuter?

#college-advice #dorms #calpolypomona

Brittany’s Avatar
Brittany Oct 21, 2016 724 views

Would it be more beneficial to live on campus if you live about an hour way from the destined college?

I am currently a high school student that is planning to go to a college however it is a bit far #college #experiences #on-campus #dorms #resident

Carolyn’s Avatar
Carolyn May 18, 2016 2088 views

Should I make my roommate aware of my depression, social anxiety, and odd behaviors caused by medication?

Part of me feels like it's my business and that I shouldn't have to tell them extremely personal things but I know the medication causes my eating habits to be extremely weird, mood swings, and on occasions, twitching. I feel that I would appreciate having some sort of warning if my roommate...

Amira’s Avatar
Amira May 12, 2016 1021 views

Is it better to live on or off campus?

Which one is better? #university #life #campus #dorms #off