Career Questions tagged Campus

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Oct 25, 2021 205 views

How can I cope with the sadness of leaving college?

I'm approaching my last semester as an undergraduate, and I'm already sad about leaving a really phenomenal friend group, campus, and community behind. Many people I talk to say that college is the best time of your life, and I'm worried that I'll have more to look back on than to look forward...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 16, 2020 233 views

Is it important to tour the campus in person before applying to college?

Office Hours #2: SDSU College Student Panel This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was college life. If...

Karoline V.’s Avatar
Karoline V. Aug 26, 2020 324 views

What kinds of things are there to do in your college town?

#college #campus

Caroline C.’s Avatar
Caroline C. Jul 20, 2020 294 views

How can I utilize my campus career center to its full potential?

#campus # #career-development #July #July20

Darin D.’s Avatar
Darin D. Aug 06, 2018 372 views

How competitive is it to get an on-campus job or employment opportunity?

What percentage of students apply for these jobs?
How many of those applicants get accepted?
How many jobs are offered on an average college campus?
What are the typical qualifications desired of applicants?

#campusjob #job #campus #money #competition

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 10, 2018 498 views

Dorm, on campus living; vs apartment,off campus living...

#campus #college-life #college-advice #residence-life #transferstudent I have orientation for transfer students coming up and will most likely be commuting for at least my first semester. The reason being, I don't want too much debt when I get out of college, and also, I would like to meet...

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Jan 17, 2018 601 views

Branch or Main Campus?

My dad was relatively okay with the college he heard I was going to... until he realized I would be going to the branch that's only 15 minutes away from home, so I can commute, instead of receiving my education at the main campus of the school and staying in the dorms. I decided to go to the...

Diljot S.’s Avatar
Diljot S. Mar 07, 2017 665 views

Is living on campus or off campus better?

I would love to know your opinion #college #canada-university #campus #offcampus #oncampus

Raina R.’s Avatar
Raina R. May 20, 2016 2064 views

Do many students work on or off campus in collge? How easy is it to find a part-time job?

I am asking this question because I am considering working while on campus. Although I have been told it is a very strenuous thing to do whether on or off campus, i would still like some professional input as well. #work #college-jobs #campus

Rachel R.’s Avatar
Rachel R. May 19, 2016 626 views

Should I stay on campus?

I can't afford to stay on campus but my mom is offering to pay for my room and board. #college-life #campus

Amira Z.’s Avatar
Amira Z. May 12, 2016 941 views

Is it better to live on or off campus?

Which one is better? #university #life #campus #dorms #off

Mitra D.’s Avatar
Mitra D. Aug 06, 2015 1583 views

Does visiting a school before applying increase your chances of getting in?

How important is it to visit a college and show interest in it before applying to it. Will a college not accept you because you haven't visited their campus or taken a tour? #college #admissions #campus