Career Questions tagged Undergrad

Godavari M.’s Avatar
Godavari M. Apr 05 44 views

Colorado State University -global versus University of Florida

Hi, I graduated my high school. I am planning to major in computer science and was confused about which one would be a better choice- CSU-Global or UF online. Does it make any difference if I get into an accelerated program in CSU -Global or a four-year traditional course would be better....

#computerscience #onlineuniversity #technology #undergrad

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Feb 23 76 views

Should I pursue a senior project that exposes me to a new area of physics or one that is more in line with what I believe I'll want to do as a career?

Currently, I don't have a clear idea as to what I want to do after graduation. I'll definitely apply to PhD programs, but I don't know what field I want to specialize in. Right now I'm most interested in optics, laser physics, and math. For my senior project, I'm tasked with choosing a...

#capstone #research #last-physics #engineering #math #undergrad #optics #senior-project #physics #phd #research-advisor #microelectronic-engineering #undergraduate #college

Olivia C.’s Avatar
Olivia C. Jul 30, 2020 114 views

Is it possible to study specific disorders/syndromes in Neuroscience during undergrad years?

I'm really interested in majoring in Neuroscience and have heard about interesting syndromes and disorders like Savant Syndrome. I would love to be able to study this and I'd like to know if I have a chance to do that during my undergrad years. #july20 #neuroscience #college #research #study...

#undergrad

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Jan 12, 2019 401 views

Undergrad engineering vs Grad engineering?

Hi all, I plan to enter Graduate study for Mechanical Engineering next fall and I just want to know, what are the differences (and even similarities) between the undergraduate and graduate levels in engineering? How should I prepare myself to know what to expect? Thanks. #engineering...

#gradschool #technology #mechanical #undergrad #mechanical-engineering #computerengineering #graduateschool #engineeringstudent #masters #electricalengineering #engineer #civil-engineering

Khushi K.’s Avatar
Khushi K. Aug 31, 2018 285 views
Karlie W.’s Avatar
Karlie W. Jun 13, 2018 412 views

What are some of the best majors for students looking to attend medical school?

I know science majors are the most common, but what are some others that would be considered successful #psychology #experience #school #undergrad #med-school...

#medical-field

Madeline C.’s Avatar
Madeline C. Mar 14, 2018 505 views

What would be the best minors to take as an architecture student?

I don't know which classes would put me ahead of other architects, and I have a few interests in minors. If I were to minor in engineering, which type of engineering would be best? #minors #architecture #undergrad...

#engineering

Austin V.’s Avatar
Austin V. Jan 17, 2018 478 views

Why isn't there a fast track program for all majors?

I am a photography major and I went to Loyola University for my first two years and decided to move home to finish an Associates degree. I moved home mainly because of my money situation. I hoped that by finishing my associates I would be able to find a job that I would like to turn into a...

#camera #art #undergrad #college-advice #fasttrack #loyola #communitycollege #expensive #photography

Keyla H.’s Avatar
Keyla H. Jan 20, 2018 268 views

What are credit hours and how do I get them?

I always hear my older brother talk about having to get enough credit hours for the semester but I never really understood what it meant...

#undergrad

Shanice N.’s Avatar
Shanice N. Jan 16, 2018 368 views

What are some tips and steps that I should take in order to start a charity organization?

I want to start a charity organization that aids in funding the less fortunate, homeless, less developed countries etc. what are some steps that I should be taking I order to start one? For example will I need legal work, lawyers, a large social media platform and donations to start the...

#georgia #undergrad #college #charity #usa #organization #essay #helping #donate #clinicalpsychology #psychology #undergradute

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 06, 2017 459 views

What can one do with a degree in religion or religious studies?

The last few semesters, I have taken a few courses outside of my major and found that I rather enjoy the religion and mythology based courses that my university offers. It has been brought up to me by my professors that a religion degree is offered, and while I have looked into it a bit, I was...

#spirituality #theology #religious-studies #religion #undergrad #college

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 06, 2017 379 views

What is the difference between getting a B.A. and a B.Sc.?

So, I am majoring in the sciences and have been debating between getting BA and a BS. There are only about three classes that differ between them, there is mostly more of a math element to the BS. However, I was wondering if there is actually a true difference, and if graduate schools or...

#college-major #graduate-school #college #undergrad

Cosette V.’s Avatar
Cosette V. Oct 25, 2017 1351 views

How many internships is too many?

I am currently a sophomore in college; advertising major and event management minor. I had my first internship at a small marketing/ad agency last summer and have been working there part time ever since. I'm happy to be working in my industry already and would love to stay with this company...

#internships #marketing #advertising #event-management #undergrad

Tiffanie L.’s Avatar
Tiffanie L. Feb 21, 2017 710 views

What should I be doing to help my future when I get my undergraduate?

I can't help to think about the impending future which is happening in only 2 years. I want to be as secure as I can be so when I graduate I can find a career that I am interested in. What are some things that I can do to give me an advantage over other prospective employees? #college #career...

#future #undergrad #work #life #studies #degree

Ihika R.’s Avatar
Ihika R. Nov 23, 2016 421 views

How should a high school student go about picking a good pre-medical undergraduate school?

A high schooler who is interested in pursuing the medical field and is currently applying to colleges. #professor #undergraduate #physicians #undergrad...

#graduate-doctor-professor

Muhammad J.’s Avatar
Muhammad J. May 24, 2016 536 views

Can I apply for scholarships at my school even though I didn't get one?

I'm going to be attending UCI and it's really expensive, and I was wondering if I can still receive scholarship money from UCI. #college #university #in #scholarship #california #undergrad...

#irvine

Jacqueline M.’s Avatar
Jacqueline M. May 27, 2015 1025 views

How can someone decide to go to a private or public college/university?

I know the major difference is tuition and fees, but what are some other advantages and disadvantages of both public and private universities/colleges. #college #school #professors #college-graduate...

#undergrad

Jacqui D.’s Avatar
Jacqui D. May 06, 2014 987 views

When I apply to medical school, do admissions look at what undergrad school I went to?

I am a sophmore in high school and I'm planning on pursing a career in the medical field. I was wondering if the undergrad school I go to is important to get into medical school? Meaning, when applying to medical school, does admissions look at if I went to a UC school or a State school and...

#state-school #medical-school #uc #undergrad #medicine