Career Questions tagged Community College

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 190 views

When becoming a college professor, is it more beneficial to start at a 4-year or transfer from a 2-year?

I want to know if it would be better for me to go to a 4-year college right off the bat when wanting to become a professor so I can familiarize myself when professors there who can help me. Or transfer from a community/2-year college to a 4-year. (based around finances) #college-professor...

#community-college #professors #higher-education #professor

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Jun 15, 2018 274 views

Should I go to college if I don't know what to do with what I've studied?

I'd like to go to community college and study business and psychology, but I'm not sure what I'd do with what I've learned. I don't like the idea of becoming a therapist of any kind or a business owner. I have no interest in going to a 4 year college unless what I want to do calls for it. Is...

#psychology #community-college #communitycollege #business

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. Apr 21, 2018 257 views

Is it possible for me to double major at a community college?

I wish to major in both business management and fine arts so I can become an art director, but I'm not sure if I can do that at a community college. #community-college #double-major #business-management...

#fine-art

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. Apr 21, 2018 198 views

How can I transfer to a 4 year college after I complete 2 years of community college?

I wish to transfer to another college after I complete two years of community college in order to save costs....

#community-college

Hartasia T.’s Avatar
Hartasia T. Jan 16, 2018 192 views

Is it better to go to a community college before a university or four year college?

I'm a senior this year and I do not know if its best to go to a community college before a university. #college #community-college #academic-advising...

#nursing

Sabrina J.’s Avatar
Sabrina J. Apr 18, 2018 275 views

Is community college the way to go?

I would like to go to a specific university, but there is a chance I will not get accepted. A community college near by said many students go there for two years and then transfer to the university. Will I still be facing the acceptances difficulties, or will there be a easier acceptances rate?...

#community-college

Sandra G.’s Avatar
Sandra G. Sep 01, 2017 427 views

Is it better to stick to a community college for all 4 years or is it better to transfer to a university?

I'm currently enrolled into a community college and i am a freshman. Should i continue in a community college or should i transfer in 2 years or less into a university? I want to major in architecture. #architecture #community-college #college #college-major...

#academic-advising

Alyssa C.’s Avatar
Alyssa C. Oct 31, 2016 360 views

How can you convince your parents into letting you apply for a university instead of a two year college?

This is my situation right now and I have been working on scholarships to obtain as much money as possible. None of my friends are in the same position so I am putting this question out there to see if anyone can relate or has advice. #college #scholarships #financial-aid...

#community-college

Erica H.’s Avatar
Erica H. Mar 27, 2018 235 views

What are the benefits of attending a community college first?

What are the pros and cons of attending a 2 year institution before transferring to a 4 year Vs attending a 4 year the entire time? #community-college #university...

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Mar 13, 2018 197 views

If I were to work on my prerequisites at a local public university for two years and then transfer too a public university out of state, is it worth it?

I have never really wanted to go to a local college because its too close to home and I love to travel. I only chose it because it was cheaper than any others and my parents are not helping me pay for college. Would it be worth it to switch colleges after two years or should I just stay with...

#college-transfer #community-college #college

Emily A.’s Avatar
Emily A. Jan 23, 2018 180 views

When applying for Med school how important is the school from which you took your pre-requisites from?

As my goal is a path that takes me onto medical school, I want to make sure that the choice of college doesn’t hinder my options too much. For example, can you take pre-requisites at a community college? #community-college...

#prerequisites

Magaly L.’s Avatar
Magaly L. Aug 30, 2017 317 views

Would it be more beneficial for a person to go to a community college because of the amount of people attending as well?

Im not sure if the college that I want to go to would have to have a smaller amount of students or a higher amount of students? #wheredoigo #smaller #orbigger #college #college-selection...

#community-college

Tre W.’s Avatar
Tre W. Sep 01, 2017 462 views

Can you get an associates degree at a community college and continue at a different college for a Bachelors?

Is it possible to get an associates degree at a community college, and then go to school for two more years at a different one and get your Bachelors? Or do you have to start all over? #degree #associates-degree...

#community-college

Timothy G.’s Avatar
Timothy G. Mar 29, 2017 715 views

Is college worth the investiment if I am interested in pursuing a creative field?

Hello, currently I am an art student attending community college for an associate's degree in fine art and for a while now I have been contemplating if I am really suited to be in a college environment? Because after reflecting upon my own skills and interests I have recognized that I do not...

#career-details #community-college #personal-development #future-careers #artist #creative-direction #associates-degree #financial-planning #career #fine-art

Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. Aug 08, 2017 847 views

Is it time for me to get a part time job?

My name is Briana and I'll be starting my second year at my community college this upcoming fall semester. I'll be taking thirteen units and my parents have been recently pushing me to apply for a job with nods to "we're hiring" signs. I understand with my age I should be working, but I'm not...

#women-in-stem #psychology #community-college #work-life-balance #japan #first-generation-college-students

Kylee W.’s Avatar
Kylee W. May 18, 2016 625 views
Leyki R.’s Avatar
Leyki R. May 25, 2017 488 views

What carrer I should study to be a videogame designer?

I will no be able to go to a university that teach videogmae desing and I don't know what of does university as trustful or not. So I will like to know what carrer that are teached in a community college I could learn in order to become a videogame designer. #video-game-design...

#community-college

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Mar 28, 2017 3297 views

Are Minors offered at community colleges?

Or are Majors the only thing offered since it's a small college? #majors-and-minors...

#community-college

Timothy G.’s Avatar
Timothy G. Mar 21, 2017 745 views

How can I gain work experience when I am unemployed?

Hello, I am a student attending community college and I am interested in getting a part-time job while I am attending school but, unfortunately, I do not have allot of work related experience. My dilemma is that I need more experience to get a job but I can not get any experience because I do...

#college-jobs #part-time-job #community-college #unemployment #work-experience #gaining-experience #job-search #career

Lyndsey H.’s Avatar
Lyndsey H. Feb 10, 2017 681 views
Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. Feb 09, 2017 591 views

How does the Phi Theta Kappa seal on my degree affect my means of employment?

Just the other day I was invited to join Phi Theta Kappa and was wondering what it actually looks like to employers. #community-college #associates-degree #employee-benefits #employee-recognition...

#phi-theta-kappa

Tiffany  B.’s Avatar
Tiffany B. Jan 27, 2017 927 views

Due to the competitive nature, do Big 4 firms discriminate against students who start at a community college?

So I am a student at community college for financial reasons, however I do not want that to make me a 'weaker' candidate. If it does, what can I do to set myself apart from the pack? #accounting #community-college #auditing #working-in-big-companies #deloitte #ey #kpmg...

#pwc

Sean J.’s Avatar
Sean J. Dec 26, 2016 1783 views

Would saving money and going to a community college for two years be acceptable?

I've been told that doing this is perfectly fine yet a lot of people are also telling me that the first two years of going to a University is where you make all the meaningful connections you will be needing for your career. #college #university #college-admissions...

#community-college

Vera L.’s Avatar
Vera L. Nov 07, 2016 566 views
Briana P.’s Avatar
Briana P. Jun 24, 2016 548 views

What do I do if I suspect that one of my parents is unsupportive of me going to college?

As a current high school graduate, I'm looking forward to starting off at my community college this fall. I finished registration and got my financial aid straightened out, and FAFSA looks like It could really help me. During my spare time< I scroll online for any scholarships that could...

#financial-aid #first-generation #college #psychology #community-college #teaching

Hailey B.’s Avatar
Hailey B. May 24, 2016 495 views

How difficult is it to transition from community college to a four year university?

I am currently enrolled in community college. After I complete my Associates in Art there then I want to continue on to an undecided four year university. Will it be easy to transition since I will have an associates degree? Just how different are universities from community colleges, besides...

#college-transfer #community-college #college-prep

abby M.’s Avatar
abby M. May 19, 2016 512 views

How does a university differ from a community college?

I really don't know the difference so I'm looking for some specific answers. thanks! #nursing #university...

#community-college

Esmeralda R.’s Avatar
Esmeralda R. May 09, 2016 696 views

What opinions do you have on going to a community college first and then transfer?

im going to community first and then maybe transfer but im unsure if i should. #college #life...

#community-college

Kali  M.’s Avatar
Kali M. Mar 17, 2016 908 views

I plan on getting my associates degree in nursing then later perusing on, but my question is should I apply to the nursing program my senior year of high school? Or should I take prerequisites first?

I plan on going to a community college (bridgevalley) I cannot even find what prerequisites are required. Maybe one of you could do better than I could if you would mind looking. But I don't know if I should apply next year (my senior year) or after my prereqs. PLEASE HELP #nursing #help...

#community-college #rn #nursing-education