Career Questions tagged Psychologymajor

Can I major in Psychology and become a Pediatrician?

I am a Senior High school and I am super excited about working with patients. however I am having trouble figuring out if a Psychology major can become a Pediatrician. And I'm afraid if there will be a problem in the future. Please help meeeeee!!! #psychologymajor #pediatrician...

#premed

1

Oia Cassar’s Avatar
Active Jun 11 at 05:47 PM

Posted by Rosalie S.’s Avatar Rosalie S.
Oia Cassar’s Avatar
Oia Cassar | Student at Gettysburg College Hey Rosalie, coming from a current psychology undergrad who considered a ...

What job opportunities/prospects and environments are available to someone with a Bachelor's of Science in Applied Psychology?

I know that I could probably work in a hospital, or a therapist's/psychologist's office. I would like to know if there are any jobs where I would be mobile or could make housecalls or videochat with patients who cannot make it to an office building or perhaps are in another country? (There...

#psychologymajor #psychologydegree #psychology #mentalhealth

3

Katey Weaver’s Avatar Miranda Kofeldt, PhD’s Avatar Michael Canzanella’s Avatar
Active Aug 15 at 12:39 AM

Posted by Allison B.’s Avatar Allison B.
Katey Weaver’s Avatar
Katey Weaver | National Director of Integrated Behavioral Health at AmeriHealth ... I have a BA in Psychology and was able to work ...

When studying psychology as a major in college, what are the best ways to prepare yourself for not only tests and exams, but also once you have your degree and are attempting to find a stable start to your psychology journey?

Whenever you hear someone express what they plan to do once they finally receive their degree in college, you always seem to wonder how they'll be able to do so and what you will need to do in order to get where you want to be. It's very important as a student and as a progressive learner that...

#psychologymajor #askquestions

3

Madeline Miscenich’s Avatar Lauren J. Conibear’s Avatar N M’s Avatar
Active Nov 01 at 03:07 PM

Posted by Monica E.’s Avatar Monica E.
Madeline Miscenich’s Avatar
Madeline Miscenich | Career Services and Higher Education Professional Hi Monica, That's great to hear that you are interested in ...

What are the psychological affects working in the mental health department?

For majority of my existence I have personally dealt with Mental Illness and I know that in many cases one could get triggered on a certain topic. For me though, helping other people who are just like me has always been such a huge dream, but I want to know my risks involved so I am not only...

#nevergiveup #mental-health #mental-health-care #psychologymajor

3

Lauren J. Conibear’s Avatar Nickesha Douglas’s Avatar Judy Han, LCSW’s Avatar
Active Sep 22 at 04:13 AM

Posted by Monica E.’s Avatar Monica E.
Lauren J. Conibear’s Avatar
Lauren J. Conibear | Career Advisor Hi Monica! First of all, thank you for sharing your personal ...

What are things to add to your resume or application to make you stand out to colleges?

I work and I heard my counselor say that is something that a lot of colleges don't see anymore. They see a lot of impressive writing camps and things like that to make them stand out, but I just want to know what makes you really stand out to colleges when they are looking through your...

#psychologymajor #college-admissions

3

Lindsay Simeone’s Avatar Justice Mele’s Avatar Breanna Gentile’s Avatar
Active Apr 18 at 08:21 PM

Posted by Ginger M.’s Avatar Ginger M.
Lindsay Simeone’s Avatar
Lindsay Simeone | Customer Success Program Manager As a former Admissions Manager, I can speak to what I ...

What is the best to take notes during a lecture if you are more of a Kinesthetic Learner?

I am in a couple of lecture classes, but because I am still in High School, the teachers still tend to hold our hands a little bit with it. I feel like the level of intensity will change once I am in college and I would like to know how to be better prepared with it also considering the fact...

#psychologymajor #kinesthetic #psychology

4

Justice Mele’s Avatar G. Mark Stewart’s Avatar Emi Keshler’s Avatar Christelle Picard’s Avatar
Active Dec 07 at 08:23 PM

Posted by Ginger M.’s Avatar Ginger M.
Justice Mele’s Avatar
Justice Mele | Childcare Worker at Care.com Ginger, Kinesthetic-tactile techniques are used in combination with visual and/or auditory ...

Is it bad if I am only considering colleges that have my sport in division 1?

I love my sport and it is a huge stress reliever for me, causing me to only consider schools with great teams. Usually people make sure their major has a great program at the school and THEN sports/hobbies, but I am doing it backwards. Is that okay as long as my college has my major too? #sport...

#psychologymajor #school #applying #priorities

2

Justice Mele’s Avatar Katey Weaver’s Avatar
Active Jul 27 at 05:29 PM

Posted by Tess J.’s Avatar Tess J.
Justice Mele’s Avatar
Justice Mele | Childcare Worker at Care.com Tess, I would make sure you are also looking at colleges ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)