Career Questions tagged Psychologymajor

Rosalie S.’s Avatar
Rosalie S. May 09, 2018 2094 views

Can I major in Psychology and become a Pediatrician?

I am a Senior High school and I am super excited about working with patients. however I am having trouble figuring out if a Psychology major can become a Pediatrician. And I'm afraid if there will be a problem in the future. Please help meeeeee!!! psychologymajor pediatrician...

premed

Allison B.’s Avatar
Allison B. Mar 15, 2018 424 views

What job opportunities/prospects and environments are available to someone with a Bachelor's of Science in Applied Psychology?

I know that I could probably work in a hospital, or a therapist's/psychologist's office. I would like to know if there are any jobs where I would be mobile or could make housecalls or videochat with patients who cannot make it to an office building or perhaps are in another country? (There...

psychology mentalhealth psychologydegree psychologymajor

Monica E.’s Avatar
Monica E. Jan 23, 2018 1059 views

What are the psychological affects working in the mental health department?

For majority of my existence I have personally dealt with Mental Illness and I know that in many cases one could get triggered on a certain topic. For me though, helping other people who are just like me has always been such a huge dream, but I want to know my risks involved so I am not only...

nevergiveup mental-health mental-health-care psychologymajor

Monica E.’s Avatar
Monica E. Jan 23, 2018 401 views

When studying psychology as a major in college, what are the best ways to prepare yourself for not only tests and exams, but also once you have your degree and are attempting to find a stable start to your psychology journey?

Whenever you hear someone express what they plan to do once they finally receive their degree in college, you always seem to wonder how they'll be able to do so and what you will need to do in order to get where you want to be. It's very important as a student and as a progressive learner that...

askquestions psychologymajor

Ginger M.’s Avatar
Ginger M. Jan 19, 2018 415 views

What are things to add to your resume or application to make you stand out to colleges?

I work and I heard my counselor say that is something that a lot of colleges don't see anymore. They see a lot of impressive writing camps and things like that to make them stand out, but I just want to know what makes you really stand out to colleges when they are looking through your...

college-admissions psychologymajor

Ginger M.’s Avatar
Ginger M. Jan 19, 2018 386 views

What is the best to take notes during a lecture if you are more of a Kinesthetic Learner?

I am in a couple of lecture classes, but because I am still in High School, the teachers still tend to hold our hands a little bit with it. I feel like the level of intensity will change once I am in college and I would like to know how to be better prepared with it also considering the fact...

kinesthetic psychology psychologymajor

Tess J.’s Avatar
Tess J. Jan 14, 2018 444 views

Is it bad if I am only considering colleges that have my sport in division 1?

I love my sport and it is a huge stress reliever for me, causing me to only consider schools with great teams. Usually people make sure their major has a great program at the school and THEN sports/hobbies, but I am doing it backwards. Is that okay as long as my college has my major too? sport...

school priorities psychologymajor applying