Career Questions tagged Premed

Pamella R.’s Avatar
Pamella R. Oct 12 36 views

What is the best college major to study before becoming a pediatrician?

I am in 9th grade. I want to go to college after high school to become a doctor that works with kids and their families. I am not sure on what the best college major is when it comes to becoming a doctor. medicine college-major...

premed

Leetsy M.’s Avatar
Leetsy M. Sep 05 163 views

How do you become a medical doctor?

After undergrad and receiving your bachelor’s degree, do you continue to grad school then med school? Or after undergrad, you go straight to med school? doctor medical college medicine...

premed

Munira A.’s Avatar
Munira A. Aug 31 145 views

How can I get to Medical School after High School Instead of 4 years of college?

I want to become a Neurosurgeon and it is going to take a lot of time to reach my goal. I don't want to waste 4 years in college. All I want is to be enrolled in Medical School after High School and start the journey of my career. medicaldoctormedicinecollegecounselor...

premed

pea M.’s Avatar
pea M. Jun 26 113 views

How do I prepare for MCAT as a business student?

I graduated from university with a business degree and now want to become a doctor. I'm not sure where to start as I've not taken 'science' courses in college only in high school, would 1 year be enough to prepare for MCAT realistically? healthcare premed medical medical-school medicine...

mcat doctor

sumayra A.’s Avatar
sumayra A. Jun 24 95 views

What do I need to do to become a neurosurgeon ?

I value helping people and also have high interest in the human body and discovering medical changes that can be beneficial to humanity medicine premed brain...

surgeon

Karan K.’s Avatar
Karan K. Jun 10 114 views

Clinical experience during the pandemic

Hello! I'm a pre-med student looking to get clinical experience. However, the pandemic has caused a lot of clinics near me to stop accepting volunteers. What other ways can I get clinical experience? volunteer premed...

medicine

Divya G.’s Avatar
Divya G. Apr 20 143 views

Which A-levels should I choose for medicine?

My GCSEs are almost done with and I have to choose my A-levels soon. I've already decided on taking biology and chemistry for my first two options, and maybe psychology as a third option because I think it's related to medicine and can help me. My fourth option is giving me quite a bit of a...

undergraduate gcses history english alevels medicine premed physics surgeon science

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Apr 11 118 views

What are some of the best premed schools? (that don't have insane acceptance rates)

I am a junior in high school currently compiling my list of colleges I'm going to apply to next year. I want to be premed, and hopefully get into medical school one day. I've been doing a lot of research lately, and I learned that choosing a good school for premed is actually really important...

science medical_school college university medicine premed high-school doctor

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Apr 11 127 views

Are UC (University of California) schools not preferable for premed?

I read something online that UC schools aren't the best for premed because of the amount of students that attend the schools, and because of the harsh grading curve. Is this true? Should I consider applying to other schools such as University of Washington? doctor premed medical_school...

college medicine university uc

Ane S.’s Avatar
Ane S. Mar 23 229 views

which course to take for med school?

I'm brazilian but I want to start my studies in Canada to become a doctor, but I don't know which premed to choose. I am between biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology. Which of these would be the best choice? doctor medicine canada medical-school pre-med...

premed

Kimberly C.’s Avatar
Kimberly C. Jul 29, 2020 253 views

Is philosophy a good premed major?

I am a senior, and I have decided I want to major in philosophy, and minor in bioethics. Is that a good major for med school? medicine premed philosophy...

july20

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 225 views

Applying to Med School as a Low Income Student?

I know that the general advice for premed students is to keep undergraduate debt low, since the cost of applying can be thousands to begin with. I don't have concerns about having undergrad debt because of my school's generous financial aid (I get school grants, Pell Grants, work study, etc.)....

physician medstudent premed medical-school medschool doctor

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 174 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! electives premed medschool physician...

minor

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 224 views

When do I begin studying for the MCAT?

I just finished my first year as an undergraduate student. I'm majoring in biochemistry and minoring in psychology. I know these two fields are very helpful for the MCAT. (I am very interested in those fields as well, so it was not the only reason I chose them.) When did you begin studying for...

july20 physician medical biochemistry study college premed psychology mcat

Rashin S.’s Avatar
Rashin S. Jul 14, 2020 167 views

How can a college student gain experience in the medical field?

I'm a rising junior at Saint Mary's College and my major is Allied Health Science. Hopefully after receiving my degree, I'd like to become a physician assistant one day, but to do that, I really need experience in the active medical field so currently I have no clue how to get started....

physician-assistant medicine premed

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24, 2020 313 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

medical medicalschool technology neuroscience stem college medicine premed major college-major healthcare

Divya G.’s Avatar
Divya G. Jun 11, 2020 354 views

How do I become a surgeon in the UK?

I'm doing my GCSEs currently, and am questioning how to become a surgeon in the UK or similar countries. Where will I go after I finish my A levels? medicine doctor surgery medical surgeon gcse premed...

alevels

Divya G.’s Avatar
Divya G. Jun 11, 2020 396 views

How do I become a surgeon?

I'm in the first year of my GCSEs, and I'm a little confused about how to become a practising surgeon. What are the elaborate steps I need to take? doctor medicine surgery surgeon healthcare college premed...

school

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jun 09, 2020 1009 views

Should I go into bussiness or medicine

I change my mind a lot and want to do something that is I enjoy every day. I feel that business is broad and it is so much you can do with a business major, however, being a doctor is so straightforward because having a medical degree is just being a doctor. I have always wanted to be a doctor...

medical business medicine premed doctor healthcare marketing

Logan A.’s Avatar
Logan A. Jun 04, 2020 381 views

What kind of experiences would you recommend the summer before senior year and the summer before college in order to get ahead for pre-med in college?

I just finished my junior year in high school and I am wondering how I should be proactive this summer. I have heard that internships and volunteering in clinics is very good if you plan to go into pre-med, but I am unsure of how to get myself out there. Both of my parents did not go into...

internship college medicine premed