Career Questions tagged Premed

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. 2 days ago 31 views

What are some of the best premed schools? (that don't have insane acceptance rates)

I am a junior in high school currently compiling my list of colleges I'm going to apply to next year. I want to be premed, and hopefully get into medical school one day. I've been doing a lot of research lately, and I learned that choosing a good school for premed is actually really important...

#doctor #high-school #premed #science #university #medical_school #medicine #college

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. 2 days ago 25 views

Are UC (University of California) schools not preferable for premed?

I read something online that UC schools aren't the best for premed because of the amount of students that attend the schools, and because of the harsh grading curve. Is this true? Should I consider applying to other schools such as University of Washington? #doctor #premed #medical_school...

#college #uc #medicine #university

Ane S.’s Avatar
Ane S. Mar 23 77 views

which course to take for med school?

I'm brazilian but I want to start my studies in Canada to become a doctor, but I don't know which premed to choose. I am between biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology. Which of these would be the best choice? #doctor #medicine #canada #medical-school #pre-med...

#premed

Kimberly C.’s Avatar
Kimberly C. Jul 29, 2020 126 views

Is philosophy a good premed major?

I am a senior, and I have decided I want to major in philosophy, and minor in bioethics. Is that a good major for med school? #medicine #premed #philosophy...

#july20

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 139 views

Applying to Med School as a Low Income Student?

I know that the general advice for premed students is to keep undergraduate debt low, since the cost of applying can be thousands to begin with. I don't have concerns about having undergrad debt because of my school's generous financial aid (I get school grants, Pell Grants, work study, etc.)....

#doctor #medstudent #medschool #medical-school #physician #premed

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 103 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! #electives #premed #medschool #physician...

#minor

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29, 2020 148 views

When do I begin studying for the MCAT?

I just finished my first year as an undergraduate student. I'm majoring in biochemistry and minoring in psychology. I know these two fields are very helpful for the MCAT. (I am very interested in those fields as well, so it was not the only reason I chose them.) When did you begin studying for...

#biochemistry #study #mcat #physician #july20 #medical #premed #college #psychology

Rashin S.’s Avatar
Rashin S. Jul 14, 2020 110 views

How can a college student gain experience in the medical field?

I'm a rising junior at Saint Mary's College and my major is Allied Health Science. Hopefully after receiving my degree, I'd like to become a physician assistant one day, but to do that, I really need experience in the active medical field so currently I have no clue how to get started....

#premed #medicine #physician-assistant

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24, 2020 240 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#technology #stem #college-major #premed #major #neuroscience #medical #college #medicalschool #medicine #healthcare

Divya G.’s Avatar
Divya G. Jun 11, 2020 180 views

How do I become a surgeon in the UK?

I'm doing my GCSEs currently, and am questioning how to become a surgeon in the UK or similar countries. Where will I go after I finish my A levels? #medicine #doctor #surgery #medical #surgeon #gcse #premed...

#alevels

Divya G.’s Avatar
Divya G. Jun 11, 2020 268 views

How do I become a surgeon?

I'm in the first year of my GCSEs, and I'm a little confused about how to become a practising surgeon. What are the elaborate steps I need to take? #doctor #medicine #surgery #surgeon #healthcare #college #premed...

#school

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jun 09, 2020 524 views

Should I go into bussiness or medicine

I change my mind a lot and want to do something that is I enjoy every day. I feel that business is broad and it is so much you can do with a business major, however, being a doctor is so straightforward because having a medical degree is just being a doctor. I have always wanted to be a doctor...

#marketing #medicine #business #doctor #medical #premed #healthcare

Logan A.’s Avatar
Logan A. Jun 04, 2020 275 views

What kind of experiences would you recommend the summer before senior year and the summer before college in order to get ahead for pre-med in college?

I just finished my junior year in high school and I am wondering how I should be proactive this summer. I have heard that internships and volunteering in clinics is very good if you plan to go into pre-med, but I am unsure of how to get myself out there. Both of my parents did not go into...

#internship #medicine #premed #college

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. May 31, 2020 228 views

What extracurriculars/volunteer programs should I be doing for college (medical field)?

#college #medical #medicine #doctor #premed I am going to be a junior in high school this coming school year, and i was planning on trying to volunteer at several hospitals nearby. However, with COVID-19, hospitals are no longer accepting volunteers, so I am unsure of what extracurriculars or...

Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16, 2020 152 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16, 2020 147 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16, 2020 138 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16, 2020 147 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16, 2020 167 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16, 2020 151 views