Career Questions tagged Premed

Kimberly C.’s Avatar
Kimberly C. Jul 29 42 views

Is philosophy a good premed major?

I am a senior, and I have decided I want to major in philosophy, and minor in bioethics. Is that a good major for med school? #medicine #premed #philosophy...

#july20

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 37 views

Applying to Med School as a Low Income Student?

I know that the general advice for premed students is to keep undergraduate debt low, since the cost of applying can be thousands to begin with. I don't have concerns about having undergrad debt because of my school's generous financial aid (I get school grants, Pell Grants, work study, etc.)....

#physician #medical-school #doctor #medschool #premed #medstudent

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 37 views

What kinds of electives would you recommend for a premed student?

I already have a major and minor, but there is still space in my schedule for about 3-4 elective courses. I'd particularly like suggestions about humanities courses, since the majority of my schedule is hard science. Thank you! #electives #premed #medschool #physician...

#minor

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 55 views

When do I begin studying for the MCAT?

I just finished my first year as an undergraduate student. I'm majoring in biochemistry and minoring in psychology. I know these two fields are very helpful for the MCAT. (I am very interested in those fields as well, so it was not the only reason I chose them.) When did you begin studying for...

#mcat #physician #biochemistry #july20 #college #psychology #medical #premed #study

Rashin S.’s Avatar
Rashin S. Jul 14 47 views

How can a college student gain experience in the medical field?

I'm a rising junior at Saint Mary's College and my major is Allied Health Science. Hopefully after receiving my degree, I'd like to become a physician assistant one day, but to do that, I really need experience in the active medical field so currently I have no clue how to get started....

#medicine #physician-assistant #premed

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24 127 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#major #college #healthcare #technology #neuroscience #medicine #medical #stem #premed #college-major #medicalschool

Divya G.’s Avatar
Divya G. Jun 11 95 views

How do I become a surgeon in the UK?

I'm doing my GCSEs currently, and am questioning how to become a surgeon in the UK or similar countries. Where will I go after I finish my A levels? #medicine #doctor #surgery #medical #surgeon #gcse #premed...

#alevels

Divya G.’s Avatar
Divya G. Jun 11 88 views

How do I become a surgeon?

I'm in the first year of my GCSEs, and I'm a little confused about how to become a practising surgeon. What are the elaborate steps I need to take? #doctor #medicine #surgery #surgeon #healthcare #college #premed...

#school

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jun 09 369 views

Should I go into bussiness or medicine

I change my mind a lot and want to do something that is I enjoy every day. I feel that business is broad and it is so much you can do with a business major, however, being a doctor is so straightforward because having a medical degree is just being a doctor. I have always wanted to be a doctor...

#medicine #marketing #doctor #medical #premed #healthcare #business

Logan A.’s Avatar
Logan A. Jun 04 141 views

What kind of experiences would you recommend the summer before senior year and the summer before college in order to get ahead for pre-med in college?

I just finished my junior year in high school and I am wondering how I should be proactive this summer. I have heard that internships and volunteering in clinics is very good if you plan to go into pre-med, but I am unsure of how to get myself out there. Both of my parents did not go into...

#medicine #college #internship #premed

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. May 31 144 views

What extracurriculars/volunteer programs should I be doing for college (medical field)?

#college #medical #medicine #doctor #premed I am going to be a junior in high school this coming school year, and i was planning on trying to volunteer at several hospitals nearby. However, with COVID-19, hospitals are no longer accepting volunteers, so I am unsure of what extracurriculars or...

Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16 86 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16 63 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16 73 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16 87 views

What is on the MCAT

Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16 94 views
Robert B.’s Avatar
Robert B. May 16 90 views
Jeff S.’s Avatar
Jeff S. May 16 98 views
Jeff S.’s Avatar
Jeff S. May 16 94 views
Jeff S.’s Avatar
Jeff S. May 16 85 views
Jeff S.’s Avatar
Jeff S. May 16 78 views
Jeff S.’s Avatar
Jeff S. May 16 63 views
Jeff S.’s Avatar
Jeff S. May 16 86 views