Career Questions tagged Job Shadowing

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Jul 28 227 views

What paths can a high school student take if they want to pursue a career in the medical field?

Most of my extra-curricular activities are geared towards advocacy, public health, arts and medicine. What are some tips that you can give me as I aspire to be a pediatrician?

Anna’s Avatar
Anna Jun 27 120 views

How should I ask for a shadowing opportunity?

So far, I've been making calls to a few optometry centers to ask for a shadowing opportunity. One of the receptionists told me to show up in person. I gave him my resume without directly speaking to their optometrist, who doesn't work on that day. Would it be better to speak with their...

Anna’s Avatar
Anna Jun 21 105 views

Should I spend the whole summer job shadowing for an optometrist center?

I was wondering if it's possible to shadow a doctor twice a week for the whole summer. Do most job shadowing only last for a week? How long can I shadow a doctor for?

Mae Ling’s Avatar
Mae Ling Apr 28, 2020 571 views

How should I ask to shadow a professional?

I'm looking to shadow an SLP, but I'm unsure about how to approach them. #speech-pathology #job-shadowing #career

Mae’s Avatar
Mae Apr 20, 2018 4653 views

How do I get to shadow a Biomedical Engineer

I was looking to find out how to shadow a biomedical engineer. I did my undergraduate in neuroscience and had the intention of going to graduate school for biomedical engineering. I was hoping to see what there work life was like before going. I've looked into societies like BMES, but no luck....

Kanwarpreet’s Avatar
Kanwarpreet Oct 23, 2017 8454 views

Where and how can I job shadow a Mechanical Engineer?

I decided to do my Senior Project on Job Shadowing a Mechanical Engineering. I want to learn about the job and see how the lifestyle is. I also want to know if I really want to pursue these career. #mechanical-engineering #job-shadowing #engineering #mechanical-or-industrial-engineering...

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Aug 13, 2017 819 views

How do you ask an institution or professional for shadowing opportunities?

I am currently a college psychology student. There is a particular clinical institution that I would be interested in doing some shadowing at. My problem is that I'm not sure how to ask if shadowing opportunities are available when I have no prior relationship with the institution. My target...