Career Questions tagged Speech Pathology

Ilan S.’s Avatar
Ilan S. May 11 63 views

Speech Therapist, English Teacher, Language Lover, Musician Looking For Creative Work

I am a speech-language pathologist in a school setting. I have long term experience with teaching, as well as playing and writing music, and I have a passion for studying foreign languages. Where to I begin to explore careers that make use of a number of these skills and interests rather than...

Jada G.’s Avatar
Jada G. Aug 07, 2021 295 views

How do I go forward in my dream of being a real estate agent ?

I’m 18 years old, I’ve always wanted to do real estate because the idea of helping others have always been my dream. #real-estate #speech-pathology #career-paths #history

Shafal M.’s Avatar
Shafal M. Jul 29, 2021 288 views
Marie E.’s Avatar
Marie E. Aug 24, 2020 312 views

what is it like to talk to a deaf person as a speech-language pathologist?

I was learning how to do sign language and i was just wondering how like the deaf and blind person understand it
#supportthedeafandblind #speech-therapy #speech #asl #slp #speech-pathology

Zamantha F.’s Avatar
Zamantha F. Jul 24, 2020 258 views

Graduate school for Speech Language Pathologists

Hi, I am looking for more advice on graduate school for SLP. I was wondering how there are ways to pay for this course of study, as for scholarships and grants offered to pay for most of the tuition. I am located in Chicago, Illinois, so I am not sure if someone would have more information that...

Zamantha F.’s Avatar
Zamantha F. Jul 24, 2020 265 views

What is it like being a Bilingual Speech Language Pathologist?

Hi, I am trying to gain more insight on the bilingual aspect in the SLP workplace. I am almost certain that I want to be a bilingual SLP and help service my community, but I am not sure how that would look like. If anyone would like to help me and give me some pros and cons of working primarily...

Mae Ling C.’s Avatar
Mae Ling C. Apr 28, 2020 358 views

How should I ask to shadow a professional?

I'm looking to shadow an SLP, but I'm unsure about how to approach them. #speech-pathology #job-shadowing #career

Alaina M.’s Avatar
Alaina M. Oct 03, 2019 267 views

As a speech pathologist what type of work do you even do? What does a day in that work force look like?

I never thought of this as a career but it was highly recommended on a test that I took so I would like to get more information. #speech-pathology

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06, 2019 414 views

How to prepare for SLP clinical fellowship year interview?

What are some tips for preparing for a Speech-Language Pathology clinical fellowship year interview? #SpeechLanguagePathology #SLP #interviews #SpeechTherapy #speech-pathology #speech #clinical #fellowship

Sophia W.’s Avatar
Sophia W. Oct 17, 2018 676 views

Can you be a licensed Speech Language Pathologist in multiple states?

I am planning to first get a bachelor degree in either communicative disorders or speech language pathology and then pursue a master's degree in Speech Language Pathology. I understand that there is a requirement to pass state licensing in order to practice in California. I wondered if there's...

Ervana S.’s Avatar
Ervana S. Sep 05, 2018 412 views
Sydney T.’s Avatar
Sydney T. Jul 06, 2018 391 views

How important is Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders to the world in general?

Speech Pathology is what I want to be when I go off to college. It helps people with speech impediments such as : lisps, strokes, etc.

#sp #speech-pathology #speech-language #audiologist

Lindsey G.’s Avatar
Lindsey G. Jun 25, 2018 422 views

Is obtaining your undergraduate degree in speech and language pathology required to get your masters and become a speech pathologist?

I am approaching my senior year of college majoring in family studies and human development and I recently discovered my interest in speech and language pathology and I'm interested in getting my masters in order to become a speech and language pathologist but I was wondering if I need to have...

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 359 views

How much schooling will I need to be a Speech Pathologist/Therapist?

I need to know how much scholarship money I will need to raise in order to lessen student loan debts.
#speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathologist #speech-pathology

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 400 views

What is the average pay of a Speech Therapist?

I need to know if it will be sufficient enough to support my future family.
#speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology #speech-therapist

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 411 views

What is the typical work day of a Speech Therapist working at an elementary school entail?

I am interested in going to college for Speech Pathology and working at a local elementary school. I need to know what a typical day's work will contain

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Apr 06, 2018 351 views

In a clinical setting, how many patients does a speech therapist treat daily?

I am curious as to know how busy I will be during work hours. I know that reports are to be updated after each appointment. How long does it take to update your patient's documents? #speech-language-pathology #speech-pathology #speech-language-pathologist #speech-language

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Mar 16, 2018 371 views

What are the most difficult challenges in obtaining a degree in Speech and Language Pathology?

I'm planning to major in Communicative Disorders / Speech and Language Pathology. I hear it is pretty difficult to achieve. Is that true? If so, why?

#speech-language-pathology #speech-language-pathologist #speech-pathology #Communication-Disorders #Communicative-Disorders

Lainey G.’s Avatar
Lainey G. Jan 16, 2018 514 views

What is the job demand for a speech pathology degree?

If I obtain a degree in speech-language-pathology, what are the job demands for this field of study? #speech-language-pathology #college-jobs #speech-pathology #psychology

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 879 views

What is it is like being your own boss?

My ultimate goal is to become a speech therapist and help children in elementary schools work on their speech disorders. One reason I job this job is because many times, speech therapists are self-employed, and this is important to me. What is it like being self-employed? #speech-pathology...

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 838 views

Where is the typical workplace for a speech pathologist?

I would like to get my masters degree in speech pathology. To my understanding, speech pathologists work in schools, hospitals and other medical offices. I really hope I get the opportunity to work with children. What are my chances of get my job at a school? #speech-pathology #speech...

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 911 views

What is the best way to stand out to graduate schools?

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in biology in the spring of 2018. I would like to move on to graduate school and get a masters in speech pathology. What should I make sure I have completed by the end of my undergraduate career in regards to internships, volunteer work, etc? #biology...