Career Questions tagged Speech Pathology

Jada G.’s Avatar
Jada G. Aug 07 175 views

How do I go forward in my dream of being a real estate agent ?

I’m 18 years old, I’ve always wanted to do real estate because the idea of helping others have always been my dream. real-estate speech-pathology career-paths...

history

Marie E.’s Avatar
Marie E. Aug 24, 2020 233 views

what is it like to talk to a deaf person as a speech-language pathologist?

I was learning how to do sign language and i was just wondering how like the deaf and blind person understand it supportthedeafandblind speech-therapy speech asl slp...

speech-pathology

Zamantha F.’s Avatar
Zamantha F. Jul 24, 2020 187 views

What is it like being a Bilingual Speech Language Pathologist?

Hi, I am trying to gain more insight on the bilingual aspect in the SLP workplace. I am almost certain that I want to be a bilingual SLP and help service my community, but I am not sure how that would look like. If anyone would like to help me and give me some pros and cons of working primarily...

july20 speech-pathology language bilingual slp

Zamantha F.’s Avatar
Zamantha F. Jul 24, 2020 181 views

Graduate school for Speech Language Pathologists

Hi, I am looking for more advice on graduate school for SLP. I was wondering how there are ways to pay for this course of study, as for scholarships and grants offered to pay for most of the tuition. I am located in Chicago, Illinois, so I am not sure if someone would have more information that...

july20 speech-pathology graduate-school

Mae Ling C.’s Avatar
Mae Ling C. Apr 28, 2020 257 views

How should I ask to shadow a professional?

I'm looking to shadow an SLP, but I'm unsure about how to approach them. speech-pathology job-shadowing...

career

Alaina M.’s Avatar
Alaina M. Oct 03, 2019 210 views

As a speech pathologist what type of work do you even do? What does a day in that work force look like?

I never thought of this as a career but it was highly recommended on a test that I took so I would like to get more information....

speech-pathology

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06, 2019 334 views

How to prepare for SLP clinical fellowship year interview?

What are some tips for preparing for a Speech-Language Pathology clinical fellowship year interview? speechlanguagepathology slp interviews speechtherapy speech-pathology speech clinical...

fellowship

Sophia W.’s Avatar
Sophia W. Oct 17, 2018 425 views

Can you be a licensed Speech Language Pathologist in multiple states?

I am planning to first get a bachelor degree in either communicative disorders or speech language pathology and then pursue a master's degree in Speech Language Pathology. I understand that there is a requirement to pass state licensing in order to practice in California. I wondered if there's...

speech-pathology college higher-education college-major licensing

Sydney T.’s Avatar
Sydney T. Jul 06, 2018 311 views

How important is Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders to the world in general?

Speech Pathology is what I want to be when I go off to college. It helps people with speech impediments such as : lisps, strokes, etc. sp speech-pathology speech-language...

audiologist

Lindsey G.’s Avatar
Lindsey G. Jun 25, 2018 331 views

Is obtaining your undergraduate degree in speech and language pathology required to get your masters and become a speech pathologist?

I am approaching my senior year of college majoring in family studies and human development and I recently discovered my interest in speech and language pathology and I'm interested in getting my masters in order to become a speech and language pathologist but I was wondering if I need to have...

speech-pathology speech-language-pathology speech-therapy speech-language

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 288 views

How much schooling will I need to be a Speech Pathologist/Therapist?

I need to know how much scholarship money I will need to raise in order to lessen student loan debts. speech-language-pathology speech-therapy speech-language-pathologist...

speech-pathology

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 343 views

What is the average pay of a Speech Therapist?

I need to know if it will be sufficient enough to support my future family. speech-language-pathology speech-therapy speech-pathology...

speech-therapist

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 331 views

What is the typical work day of a Speech Therapist working at an elementary school entail?

I am interested in going to college for Speech Pathology and working at a local elementary school. I need to know what a typical day's work will contain speech-language-pathology speech-therapy speech-pathology...

speech-therapist

Lainey G.’s Avatar
Lainey G. Jan 16, 2018 434 views

What is the job demand for a speech pathology degree?

If I obtain a degree in speech-language-pathology, what are the job demands for this field of study? speech-language-pathology college-jobs speech-pathology...

psychology

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Apr 06, 2018 297 views

In a clinical setting, how many patients does a speech therapist treat daily?

I am curious as to know how busy I will be during work hours. I know that reports are to be updated after each appointment. How long does it take to update your patient's documents? speech-language-pathology speech-pathology speech-language-pathologist...

speech-language

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Mar 16, 2018 321 views

What are the most difficult challenges in obtaining a degree in Speech and Language Pathology?

I'm planning to major in Communicative Disorders / Speech and Language Pathology. I hear it is pretty difficult to achieve. Is that true? If so, why? speech-language-pathology speech-language-pathologist speech-pathology communication-disorders...

communicative-disorders

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 673 views

What is the starting salary for a speech pathologist?

I am a junior studying biology in the Boston area, and would like to move on to get my masters in speech pathology. What is the starting pay in my area? speech-pathology speech speech-therapy speech-language-pathology...

financial-planning

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 781 views

What is it is like being your own boss?

My ultimate goal is to become a speech therapist and help children in elementary schools work on their speech disorders. One reason I job this job is because many times, speech therapists are self-employed, and this is important to me. What is it like being self-employed? speech-pathology...

self-driven speech speech-therapy self-starter

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 776 views

Where is the typical workplace for a speech pathologist?

I would like to get my masters degree in speech pathology. To my understanding, speech pathologists work in schools, hospitals and other medical offices. I really hope I get the opportunity to work with children. What are my chances of get my job at a school? speech-pathology speech...

student-engagement location speech-therapy

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 847 views

What is the best way to stand out to graduate schools?

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in biology in the spring of 2018. I would like to move on to graduate school and get a masters in speech pathology. What should I make sure I have completed by the end of my undergraduate career in regards to internships, volunteer work, etc? biology...

speech speech-therapy speech-pathology graduate graduate-school