Career Questions tagged Speech Pathology

Alaina M.’s Avatar
Alaina M. Oct 03, 2019 31 views

As a speech pathologist what type of work do you even do? What does a day in that work force look like?

I never thought of this as a career but it was highly recommended on a test that I took so I would like to get more information....

#speech-pathology

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06, 2019 90 views

How to prepare for SLP clinical fellowship year interview?

What are some tips for preparing for a Speech-Language Pathology clinical fellowship year interview? #speechlanguagepathology #slp #interviews #speechtherapy #speech-pathology #speech #clinical...

#fellowship

Sophia W.’s Avatar
Sophia W. Oct 17, 2018 198 views

Can you be a licensed Speech Language Pathologist in multiple states?

I am planning to first get a bachelor degree in either communicative disorders or speech language pathology and then pursue a master's degree in Speech Language Pathology. I understand that there is a requirement to pass state licensing in order to practice in California. I wondered if there's...

#licensing #college-major #higher-education #college #speech-pathology

Ervana S.’s Avatar
Ervana S. Sep 05, 2018 159 views
Hayley B.’s Avatar
Hayley B. Aug 22, 2018 149 views
Sydney T.’s Avatar
Sydney T. Jul 06, 2018 163 views

How important is Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders to the world in general?

Speech Pathology is what I want to be when I go off to college. It helps people with speech impediments such as : lisps, strokes, etc. #sp #speech-pathology #speech-language...

#audiologist

Lindsey G.’s Avatar
Lindsey G. Jun 25, 2018 174 views

Is obtaining your undergraduate degree in speech and language pathology required to get your masters and become a speech pathologist?

I am approaching my senior year of college majoring in family studies and human development and I recently discovered my interest in speech and language pathology and I'm interested in getting my masters in order to become a speech and language pathologist but I was wondering if I need to have...

#speech-language-pathology #speech-language #speech-pathology #speech-therapy

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 153 views

How much schooling will I need to be a Speech Pathologist/Therapist?

I need to know how much scholarship money I will need to raise in order to lessen student loan debts. #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathologist...

#speech-pathology

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 182 views

What is the average pay of a Speech Therapist?

I need to know if it will be sufficient enough to support my future family. #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapist

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 148 views

What is the typical work day of a Speech Therapist working at an elementary school entail?

I am interested in going to college for Speech Pathology and working at a local elementary school. I need to know what a typical day's work will contain #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapist

Lainey G.’s Avatar
Lainey G. Jan 16, 2018 258 views

What is the job demand for a speech pathology degree?

If I obtain a degree in speech-language-pathology, what are the job demands for this field of study? #speech-language-pathology #college-jobs #speech-pathology...

#psychology

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Apr 06, 2018 156 views

In a clinical setting, how many patients does a speech therapist treat daily?

I am curious as to know how busy I will be during work hours. I know that reports are to be updated after each appointment. How long does it take to update your patient's documents? #speech-language-pathology #speech-pathology #speech-language-pathologist...

#speech-language

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Mar 16, 2018 187 views

What are the most difficult challenges in obtaining a degree in Speech and Language Pathology?

I'm planning to major in Communicative Disorders / Speech and Language Pathology. I hear it is pretty difficult to achieve. Is that true? If so, why? #speech-language-pathology #speech-language-pathologist #speech-pathology #communication-disorders...

#communicative-disorders

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 493 views

What is the starting salary for a speech pathologist?

I am a junior studying biology in the Boston area, and would like to move on to get my masters in speech pathology. What is the starting pay in my area? #speech-pathology #speech #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#financial-planning

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 569 views

What is it is like being your own boss?

My ultimate goal is to become a speech therapist and help children in elementary schools work on their speech disorders. One reason I job this job is because many times, speech therapists are self-employed, and this is important to me. What is it like being self-employed? #speech-pathology...

#self-starter #speech #self-driven #speech-therapy

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 570 views

Where is the typical workplace for a speech pathologist?

I would like to get my masters degree in speech pathology. To my understanding, speech pathologists work in schools, hospitals and other medical offices. I really hope I get the opportunity to work with children. What are my chances of get my job at a school? #speech-pathology #speech...

#speech-therapy #student-engagement #location

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 660 views

What is the best way to stand out to graduate schools?

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in biology in the spring of 2018. I would like to move on to graduate school and get a masters in speech pathology. What should I make sure I have completed by the end of my undergraduate career in regards to internships, volunteer work, etc? #biology...

#graduate #speech-pathology #speech-therapy #speech #graduate-school

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 388 views

What schools in my area offer a degree in speech therapy?

I am currently a junior at a school in North Andover, Mass. studying Biology. I would like to move on and get my masters in speech therapy, but I am having a hard time finding schools that offer it. #speech-pathology #speech-language #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#speech-pathologist

Debra Z.’s Avatar
Debra Z. Dec 27, 2016 419 views

Is it worth applying to a joint BS/MS program after already receiving your BA?

Some graduate programs only offer the joint program. They happen to be much longer since they are joint programs. However, many programs only offer a regular MS degree. #psychology #graduate-school #occupational-therapy #masters-degree...

#speech-pathology

Tyann M.’s Avatar
Tyann M. Oct 23, 2016 389 views

What is the life of a Speech Pathologist/Communication Disorder Specialist like?

I aspire to be a speech therapist and communication disorder specialist. I want to work with people and help them find great ways to communicate their emotions effectively. #communication #speech-pathology #speech...

#speech-language

Victoria W.’s Avatar
Victoria W. Oct 22, 2016 489 views

What is it like in the daily life of a Speech Pathologist working with children?

I'm currently going to school for speech pathology and I would love to work with children. Just curious to know what their average day actually looks like.. #speech-pathology...

#speech

Sarah F.’s Avatar
Sarah F. May 24, 2016 559 views

How will the college classes I pick help prepare me for my career?

I am an incoming college freshman. I am majoring in communication sciences and disorders because I want to pursuing a career in communications, particularly speech and language pathology. I know there a major specific classes, but I want to know how will those courses I take help prepare me for...

#college #speech-pathology #communications #communication #career

Amy B.’s Avatar
Amy B. May 22, 2016 366 views

Do most people that become audiologists go to school full-time or part-time after graduating from college?

I am planning to get a master's degree in speech pathology and am then considering continuing on to become an audiologist. I was wondering if most people continue to work as a speech pathologist while attending additional classes to become an audiologist or if they go to school full-time...

#speech-pathology #audiologist

Amy B.’s Avatar
Amy B. May 22, 2016 457 views

Are the requirements for becoming a speech pathologist the same in every state?

I am planning to study speech pathology, and I know you need to have a master's degree in most states in order to practice. I am wondering if that is the case for all states or if some require additional education or a test to become certified to practice. #speech-pathology...

#audiologist