Career Questions tagged Speech Pathology

Mae Ling C.’s Avatar
Mae Ling C. Apr 28 91 views

How should I ask to shadow a professional?

I'm looking to shadow an SLP, but I'm unsure about how to approach them. #speech-pathology #job-shadowing...

#career

Alaina M.’s Avatar
Alaina M. Oct 03, 2019 84 views

As a speech pathologist what type of work do you even do? What does a day in that work force look like?

I never thought of this as a career but it was highly recommended on a test that I took so I would like to get more information....

#speech-pathology

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06, 2019 207 views

How to prepare for SLP clinical fellowship year interview?

What are some tips for preparing for a Speech-Language Pathology clinical fellowship year interview? #speechlanguagepathology #slp #interviews #speechtherapy #speech-pathology #speech #clinical...

#fellowship

Sophia W.’s Avatar
Sophia W. Oct 17, 2018 254 views

Can you be a licensed Speech Language Pathologist in multiple states?

I am planning to first get a bachelor degree in either communicative disorders or speech language pathology and then pursue a master's degree in Speech Language Pathology. I understand that there is a requirement to pass state licensing in order to practice in California. I wondered if there's...

#college #speech-pathology #licensing #higher-education #college-major

Ervana S.’s Avatar
Ervana S. Sep 05, 2018 205 views
Sydney T.’s Avatar
Sydney T. Jul 06, 2018 191 views

How important is Speech Pathology/Communication Disorders to the world in general?

Speech Pathology is what I want to be when I go off to college. It helps people with speech impediments such as : lisps, strokes, etc. #sp #speech-pathology #speech-language...

#audiologist

Lindsey G.’s Avatar
Lindsey G. Jun 25, 2018 220 views

Is obtaining your undergraduate degree in speech and language pathology required to get your masters and become a speech pathologist?

I am approaching my senior year of college majoring in family studies and human development and I recently discovered my interest in speech and language pathology and I'm interested in getting my masters in order to become a speech and language pathologist but I was wondering if I need to have...

#speech-therapy #speech-language #speech-language-pathology #speech-pathology

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 204 views

How much schooling will I need to be a Speech Pathologist/Therapist?

I need to know how much scholarship money I will need to raise in order to lessen student loan debts. #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathologist...

#speech-pathology

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 234 views

What is the average pay of a Speech Therapist?

I need to know if it will be sufficient enough to support my future family. #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapist

Alishondra N.’s Avatar
Alishondra N. May 12, 2018 229 views

What is the typical work day of a Speech Therapist working at an elementary school entail?

I am interested in going to college for Speech Pathology and working at a local elementary school. I need to know what a typical day's work will contain #speech-language-pathology #speech-therapy #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapist

Lainey G.’s Avatar
Lainey G. Jan 16, 2018 295 views

What is the job demand for a speech pathology degree?

If I obtain a degree in speech-language-pathology, what are the job demands for this field of study? #speech-language-pathology #college-jobs #speech-pathology...

#psychology

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Apr 06, 2018 217 views

In a clinical setting, how many patients does a speech therapist treat daily?

I am curious as to know how busy I will be during work hours. I know that reports are to be updated after each appointment. How long does it take to update your patient's documents? #speech-language-pathology #speech-pathology #speech-language-pathologist...

#speech-language

Megan S.’s Avatar
Megan S. Mar 16, 2018 226 views

What are the most difficult challenges in obtaining a degree in Speech and Language Pathology?

I'm planning to major in Communicative Disorders / Speech and Language Pathology. I hear it is pretty difficult to achieve. Is that true? If so, why? #speech-language-pathology #speech-language-pathologist #speech-pathology #communication-disorders...

#communicative-disorders

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 548 views

What is the starting salary for a speech pathologist?

I am a junior studying biology in the Boston area, and would like to move on to get my masters in speech pathology. What is the starting pay in my area? #speech-pathology #speech #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#financial-planning

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 614 views

What is it is like being your own boss?

My ultimate goal is to become a speech therapist and help children in elementary schools work on their speech disorders. One reason I job this job is because many times, speech therapists are self-employed, and this is important to me. What is it like being self-employed? #speech-pathology...

#speech-therapy #self-starter #speech #self-driven

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 642 views

Where is the typical workplace for a speech pathologist?

I would like to get my masters degree in speech pathology. To my understanding, speech pathologists work in schools, hospitals and other medical offices. I really hope I get the opportunity to work with children. What are my chances of get my job at a school? #speech-pathology #speech...

#speech-therapy #location #student-engagement

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 720 views

What is the best way to stand out to graduate schools?

I am finishing up my bachelor's degree in biology in the spring of 2018. I would like to move on to graduate school and get a masters in speech pathology. What should I make sure I have completed by the end of my undergraduate career in regards to internships, volunteer work, etc? #biology...

#speech-therapy #graduate #graduate-school #speech-pathology #speech

Bianca S.’s Avatar
Bianca S. Apr 13, 2017 431 views

What schools in my area offer a degree in speech therapy?

I am currently a junior at a school in North Andover, Mass. studying Biology. I would like to move on and get my masters in speech therapy, but I am having a hard time finding schools that offer it. #speech-pathology #speech-language #speech-therapy #speech-language-pathology...

#speech-pathologist

Debra Z.’s Avatar
Debra Z. Dec 27, 2016 466 views

Is it worth applying to a joint BS/MS program after already receiving your BA?

Some graduate programs only offer the joint program. They happen to be much longer since they are joint programs. However, many programs only offer a regular MS degree. #psychology #graduate-school #occupational-therapy #masters-degree...

#speech-pathology

Tyann M.’s Avatar
Tyann M. Oct 23, 2016 425 views

What is the life of a Speech Pathologist/Communication Disorder Specialist like?

I aspire to be a speech therapist and communication disorder specialist. I want to work with people and help them find great ways to communicate their emotions effectively. #communication #speech-pathology #speech...

#speech-language

Victoria W.’s Avatar
Victoria W. Oct 22, 2016 526 views

What is it like in the daily life of a Speech Pathologist working with children?

I'm currently going to school for speech pathology and I would love to work with children. Just curious to know what their average day actually looks like.. #speech-pathology...

#speech