Career Questions tagged Foreign Languages

Madelyn M.’s Avatar
Madelyn M. May 08 211 views

What are some careers where I can travel in the beginning and then settle down.

I like helping people and learning new languages. I would love to travel the world for the beginning of my career. Although I would want to settle down after I travel the world for some years. #travel #cultures #career...

#foreign-languages

Kelly Z.’s Avatar
Kelly Z. Feb 01 95 views

Does Junior High Spanish count towards one year of foreign language for colleges?

Some colleges I know recommend four years of a foreign language in high school, but does that mean all four years or just up to the fourth level of a language (spanish 4)?...

#foreign-languages

José Alberto G.’s Avatar
José Alberto G. Nov 16, 2019 102 views

What kind of jobs I can apply for as a Languages major?

I'm majoring in English and German. My mother tongue is Spanish #foreign-languages #english...

#college-major

Sydney G.’s Avatar
Sydney G. Oct 23, 2019 112 views

how do you keep up grades when studying abroad when you don't speak the language

Im planning on studying abroad in japan but I don't speak the language, How would I maintain my grades if I don't know the language #study-abroad...

#foreign-languages

Josseline C.’s Avatar
Josseline C. Aug 27, 2018 209 views
Duha E.’s Avatar
Duha E. May 21, 2019 179 views

What is the great way to learn new languages?

I have been studying japanese since 2015 but still couldn't finish it. I learn better by self teaching, but not exactly sure what is the best way to learn faster. I am thrilled to learn more language #foreign-languages...

Blake M.’s Avatar
Blake M. May 09, 2019 173 views

Technology, International, French language, where does it all fit together?

I have only ever worked in the IT field since I was in High school. I am getting an international degree with a focus in MIS Global IT leadership and Management. I learned intermediate level French in France and Canada. I can finish my degree in December; or I can postpone it a semester and go...

#foreign-languages #postgrad #thinktank #abroad #international #business #help #grad #technology

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 176 views

what type of benefits othe than those from the ollege come with being a foreign language professor

is the career of being a foreign languages professor interesting other than the languages being ta #foreign-languages #professor...

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 249 views

have you had the chance to teach foreign languages in other countries?

wonder for the possibility of travel while being a future professor in foreign languages #foreign-languages #professor...

#travel

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 225 views

what college did you go to for foreign languages teaching

for the wondering on which #foreign-languages #teaching #professor which college would be best to enroll for the sake of advancement to become a foreign languages...

Ana C.’s Avatar
Ana C. Oct 22, 2018 184 views

How often do diplomats change countries?

I was wondering if this is why they need 3 world languages #foreign-languages #communication...

#career

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Oct 08, 2018 196 views

What would be a good language course for students studying Mass Communications / Video Production?

I need to take at least two language courses for my major. I plan on doing camera work as well as video editing after college. What would be a good language course for this major? #videoproduction #language #videostudies #firstyear #masscommunications #communications...

#foreign-languages

Daija C.’s Avatar
Daija C. Jan 18, 2018 312 views

Is it possible to make a career out of foreign language study?

I'm asking outside of the typical Interpreter or Translator careers. I love foreign language but I'm not sure if these are there right paths for me. Thanks! #foreign-languages #language...

#humanities

Kamry C.’s Avatar
Kamry C. May 09, 2018 240 views

What colleges offer anti-human trafficking courses or I guess degrees?

I'm a high school student currently and already know I want to put my life on the line in different developing countries and stop human trafficking. I want to go to college and be able to directly progress in this field but have no idea what colleges offer the best programs for prepping to be...

#foreign-languages #college-majors #human-trafficking #college #foreign #college-courses #foreign-countries #save-children

Oleksandra K.’s Avatar
Oleksandra K. May 09, 2018 234 views

What kind of jobs can linguistics/Asian languages majors have in government?

I'm interested in Asian languages and linguistics. In U.S., Asian, Russian, and/or Ukrainian governments, what kind of jobs can I expect? Are diplomacy or translation the only options? #asian #asian-languages #asia-pacific #asianstudies #russia #russian #ukraine #government #japanese #chinese...

#foreign-languages #linguistics #china #international #southkorea #korean #korea

Sabrina J.’s Avatar
Sabrina J. Apr 23, 2018 238 views

Will these college classes work during admissions?

In my high school it is not required to take a foreign language class to graduate, so as I am ending my junior year I have never taken any. Unfortunately, most colleges I want to apply to require two years of a foreign language to apply. There is a dual credit program between my high school and...

#requirements #college-admissions #foreign-languages

Jiayun L.’s Avatar
Jiayun L. Jan 14, 2018 509 views

How can I learn Korean by myself?

I am fan of K-pop. I usually watch Korean drama after fansub group translate it but it needs to wait for a long time. So, I want to learn Korean but I don't have enough money to attend Korean classes. Are there some approaches help me learn Korean by myself? #language #korean...

#foreign-languages

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 305 views

How hard is it to get a job through the SMOE program out of college?

I would like to teach English in Seoul, South Korea however, I hear that the SMOE program is very competitive. Are there any things that I can do while in college to make my job application stand out? #tefl #teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl ##korea #korean #esl...

#foreign-languages

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 353 views

What are other job options I can consider from knowing another language?

I have been learning Korean for a few years, and I am planning to continue my studies in college to get to the level of fluency. Are there any jobs other than teaching English in Korea that I can consider? #foreign-languages #language #foreign-language...

#korean

Lianna G.’s Avatar
Lianna G. Jan 16, 2018 331 views

What is a good career choice for a person with a natural ability for learning foreign languages?

In addition to excelling in English throughout high school, I also have a passion for Spanish and American Sign Language. I would love to get input from others regarding a career choice that would allow me to use this strength. #foreign-languages #language #communication #spanish...

#american-sign-language

Tierra J.’s Avatar
Tierra J. Jan 16, 2018 257 views

Are jobs overseas better than the US?

I want to live and work outside the US #foreign-languages #international #jobs...

#working-abroad

Loren V.’s Avatar
Loren V. Apr 18, 2018 291 views

How do I sell my General Bachelor of Arts to future employers?

I am studying both German and Spanish right now in university. I know that language abilities are helpful to a variety of jobs, but if an employer isn't hiring a job that specifically asks for language skills, how to I make myself still seem applicable? #language #foreign-languages #german...

#spanish #hiring

Lindsey D.’s Avatar
Lindsey D. Apr 11, 2018 319 views

What can you do with a Spanish major?

I'm in high school, heading off to college soon, and wondering what jobs I would be able to get with a major in #spanish. I'd love to hear what you for a living after majoring or minoring in Spanish in college! #foreign-languages #language #languages...

#college-major

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Mar 27, 2018 358 views

Will taking a Spanish course in college really help me with my future career in psychology?

The school I want to go to requires that I take a Spanish course. #spanish #foreign-languages #psychology...

Anna D.’s Avatar
Anna D. Mar 27, 2018 321 views

Is it hard to find a job as a German Interpreter?

I would love to major in German in college, but I am not sure if that is a good language to study. Most European countries now study English as a second language , so I don't know how in demand German skills will be!! #german #foreign-languages...

#travel

Emily F.’s Avatar
Emily F. Mar 26, 2018 265 views

What does one do with a Japanese major?

I really want to study Japanese -- it's been a passion of mine for a long time. The only problem is, I only know two jobs that I can do with that major, that being translation and a teacher. Neither of which sound like my cup of tea, so what other options do I have? #japanese #foreign-languages...

#job #future-careers

Diana S.’s Avatar
Diana S. Mar 19, 2018 290 views

I am studying abroad this summer in Valencia, Spain and was wondering what are some of the best ways to integrate myself into the culture?

I want to get the most out of studying abroad because it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. However, I am nervous that I am going to be too shy to talk to the people there. #spain #study-abroad...

#foreign-languages

Jasminne V.’s Avatar
Jasminne V. Mar 19, 2018 302 views

Is it better to minor in French?

I am already fluent in Spanish, but have only taken French in high school. #french #college-minor #spanish...

#foreign-languages

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. Mar 05, 2018 296 views

What are some tips for language learning?

I love to learn languages and often do so by teaching myself. I can speak English and German proficiently, followed by Spanish decently well, and basic sentences in Turkish, Italian, and Russian. What are some tips on learning foreign languages and becoming more fluent? #language #german...

#foreign-languages #languages #spanish #language-skills