Career Questions tagged Foreign Languages

Jack L.’s Avatar
Jack L. Nov 06 51 views

How long does it take to learn a language?

Recently, I've been thinking about what I want to learn in the future and thought about if I wanted to work abroad I would want to be at least conversational level. foreign-languages...

study-abroad

Madelyn M.’s Avatar
Madelyn M. May 08, 2020 513 views

What are some careers where I can travel in the beginning and then settle down.

I like helping people and learning new languages. I would love to travel the world for the beginning of my career. Although I would want to settle down after I travel the world for some years. travel cultures career...

foreign-languages

Kelly Z.’s Avatar
Kelly Z. Feb 01, 2020 302 views

Does Junior High Spanish count towards one year of foreign language for colleges?

Some colleges I know recommend four years of a foreign language in high school, but does that mean all four years or just up to the fourth level of a language (spanish 4)?...

foreign-languages

José Alberto G.’s Avatar
José Alberto G. Nov 16, 2019 235 views

What kind of jobs I can apply for as a Languages major?

I'm majoring in English and German. My mother tongue is Spanish foreign-languages english...

college-major

Sydney G.’s Avatar
Sydney G. Oct 23, 2019 284 views

how do you keep up grades when studying abroad when you don't speak the language

Im planning on studying abroad in japan but I don't speak the language, How would I maintain my grades if I don't know the language study-abroad...

foreign-languages

Duha E.’s Avatar
Duha E. May 21, 2019 394 views

What is the great way to learn new languages?

I have been studying japanese since 2015 but still couldn't finish it. I learn better by self teaching, but not exactly sure what is the best way to learn faster. I am thrilled to learn more language foreign-languages...

Blake M.’s Avatar
Blake M. May 09, 2019 359 views

Technology, International, French language, where does it all fit together?

I have only ever worked in the IT field since I was in High school. I am getting an international degree with a focus in MIS Global IT leadership and Management. I learned intermediate level French in France and Canada. I can finish my degree in December; or I can postpone it a semester and go...

international postgrad help business abroad technology grad thinktank foreign-languages

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 348 views

what type of benefits othe than those from the ollege come with being a foreign language professor

is the career of being a foreign languages professor interesting other than the languages being ta foreign-languages professor...

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 406 views

have you had the chance to teach foreign languages in other countries?

wonder for the possibility of travel while being a future professor in foreign languages foreign-languages professor...

travel

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 370 views

what college did you go to for foreign languages teaching

for the wondering on which foreign-languages teaching professor which college would be best to enroll for the sake of advancement to become a foreign languages...

Ana C.’s Avatar
Ana C. Oct 22, 2018 304 views

How often do diplomats change countries?

I was wondering if this is why they need 3 world languages foreign-languages communication...

career

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Oct 08, 2018 318 views

What would be a good language course for students studying Mass Communications / Video Production?

I need to take at least two language courses for my major. I plan on doing camera work as well as video editing after college. What would be a good language course for this major? videoproduction language videostudies firstyear masscommunications communications...

foreign-languages

Daija C.’s Avatar
Daija C. Jan 18, 2018 600 views

Is it possible to make a career out of foreign language study?

I'm asking outside of the typical Interpreter or Translator careers. I love foreign language but I'm not sure if these are there right paths for me. Thanks! foreign-languages language...

humanities

Kamry C.’s Avatar
Kamry C. May 09, 2018 368 views

What colleges offer anti-human trafficking courses or I guess degrees?

I'm a high school student currently and already know I want to put my life on the line in different developing countries and stop human trafficking. I want to go to college and be able to directly progress in this field but have no idea what colleges offer the best programs for prepping to be...

college foreign-countries college-courses foreign human-trafficking save-children foreign-languages college-majors

Oleksandra K.’s Avatar
Oleksandra K. May 09, 2018 464 views

What kind of jobs can linguistics/Asian languages majors have in government?

I'm interested in Asian languages and linguistics. In U.S., Asian, Russian, and/or Ukrainian governments, what kind of jobs can I expect? Are diplomacy or translation the only options? asian asian-languages asia-pacific asianstudies russia russian Ukraine government japanese chinese...

international korea korean southkorea china foreign-languages linguistics

Sabrina J.’s Avatar
Sabrina J. Apr 23, 2018 367 views

Will these college classes work during admissions?

In my high school it is not required to take a foreign language class to graduate, so as I am ending my junior year I have never taken any. Unfortunately, most colleges I want to apply to require two years of a foreign language to apply. There is a dual credit program between my high school and...

foreign-languages requirements college-admissions

Jiayun L.’s Avatar
Jiayun L. Jan 14, 2018 1443 views

How can I learn Korean by myself?

I am fan of K-pop. I usually watch Korean drama after fansub group translate it but it needs to wait for a long time. So, I want to learn Korean but I don't have enough money to attend Korean classes. Are there some approaches help me learn Korean by myself? language korean...

foreign-languages

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 458 views

How hard is it to get a job through the SMOE program out of college?

I would like to teach English in Seoul, South Korea however, I hear that the SMOE program is very competitive. Are there any things that I can do while in college to make my job application stand out? tefl teaching-english-as-a-second-language-tefl #korea korean esl...

foreign-languages

Tamyko G.’s Avatar
Tamyko G. Jan 16, 2018 588 views

What are other job options I can consider from knowing another language?

I have been learning Korean for a few years, and I am planning to continue my studies in college to get to the level of fluency. Are there any jobs other than teaching English in Korea that I can consider? foreign-languages language foreign-language...

korean

Lianna G.’s Avatar
Lianna G. Jan 16, 2018 509 views

What is a good career choice for a person with a natural ability for learning foreign languages?

In addition to excelling in English throughout high school, I also have a passion for Spanish and American Sign Language. I would love to get input from others regarding a career choice that would allow me to use this strength. foreign-languages language communication spanish...

american-sign-language

Tierra J.’s Avatar
Tierra J. Jan 16, 2018 394 views
Loren V.’s Avatar
Loren V. Apr 18, 2018 458 views

How do I sell my General Bachelor of Arts to future employers?

I am studying both German and Spanish right now in university. I know that language abilities are helpful to a variety of jobs, but if an employer isn't hiring a job that specifically asks for language skills, how to I make myself still seem applicable? language foreign-languages german...

spanish hiring

Lindsey D.’s Avatar
Lindsey D. Apr 11, 2018 575 views

What can you do with a Spanish major?

I'm in high school, heading off to college soon, and wondering what jobs I would be able to get with a major in Spanish. I'd love to hear what you for a living after majoring or minoring in Spanish in college! foreign-languages language languages...

college-major

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Mar 27, 2018 509 views
Anna D.’s Avatar
Anna D. Mar 27, 2018 467 views

Is it hard to find a job as a German Interpreter?

I would love to major in German in college, but I am not sure if that is a good language to study. Most European countries now study English as a second language , so I don't know how in demand German skills will be!! german foreign-languages...

travel

Emily F.’s Avatar
Emily F. Mar 26, 2018 467 views

What does one do with a Japanese major?

I really want to study Japanese -- it's been a passion of mine for a long time. The only problem is, I only know two jobs that I can do with that major, that being translation and a teacher. Neither of which sound like my cup of tea, so what other options do I have? japanese foreign-languages...

future-careers job

Diana S.’s Avatar
Diana S. Mar 19, 2018 410 views

I am studying abroad this summer in Valencia, Spain and was wondering what are some of the best ways to integrate myself into the culture?

I want to get the most out of studying abroad because it is a once in a lifetime opportunity. However, I am nervous that I am going to be too shy to talk to the people there. Spain study-abroad...

foreign-languages