Career Questions tagged Diplomacy

Amigun D.’s Avatar
Amigun D. Nov 30, 2020 93 views
B. Eni O.’s Avatar
B. Eni O. Jun 10, 2016 787 views

What college majors should I apply to in order to be a diplomat?

I want to be a diplomat or even work for the U.N, but I am unsure what I should major in. I am currently leaning towards Economics, Journalism, and probably will go to law school. Any other suggestions? #international-affairs #united-nations...

#diplomacy

Jessica S.’s Avatar
Jessica S. May 28, 2016 614 views

To become a diplomat what do you have to do besides the FSOT? I know there's some simulations and an oral part and the telephone test, but is there a physical portion of the test? How hard is the telephone test? What are the simulations/oral portions like

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just really passionate about this. I'll be entering college in the fall and I'm really interested in knowing what classes would help me meet all qualifications needed to become a diplomat. #international-relations #diplomacy...

#foreign-service

Lauren R.’s Avatar
Lauren R. May 28, 2016 411 views

What is it like to work for the UN?

I love the idea of international cooperation and diplomacy, but I'm not sure what it is actually like to work for the UN. What are the different roles? What skills are most important to have to work for the UN? #united-nations...

#diplomacy

Jessica S.’s Avatar
Jessica S. May 24, 2016 1139 views

How difficult is the Foreign Service Officers Test to pass?

Since tenth grade I've wanted to be a diplomat. I know it's not exactly a "common" choice but it's not too easy to find information about becoming a diplomat and I'm very curious. #government #politics #international-relations...

#diplomacy