Career Questions tagged Political Science

Tasneem A.’s Avatar
Tasneem A. Dec 21, 2020 169 views

Which AP courses are useful for political science in high school?

So far, I'm planning on taking AP Comparative Government and AP World History. Also, I'm planning on taking Statistics in Grade 12 because that will be important for recording data, which is important for Political Science. Any other recommendations? #political-science...

#ap

Tasneem A.’s Avatar
Tasneem A. Dec 20, 2020 153 views

Art and Political Science

Are there jobs that connect political science with art & design? Do you have any tips or advice? #art...

#political-science

Tasneem A.’s Avatar
Tasneem A. Dec 20, 2020 177 views

Tips for Political Science

What should I study or know for having a political science-related career? Have you got any tips? #political-science...

#career-advice

Paige O.’s Avatar
Paige O. Dec 03, 2020 300 views

What are some different careers for a political science degree?

I know that I would like to go into political science for my major since I am very passionate about it. I am interested in politics, history, and law. #law #politics #political-science...

#business-law

Claire G.’s Avatar
Claire G. Aug 15, 2020 182 views

Hi! I am seeking advice on how to get an internship in the law field, preferably at a law firm or something of that kind?

I am a junior in high school from New Jersey, I am interested in pursuing a career in the legal field. I do Forensics at my school, which is a big commitment, so I am hoping for an internship that is flexible with a high school schedule. Anything helps, and thank you! #internships #law...

#internship #political-science

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jun 15, 2020 265 views

What are some jobs related to social justice?

I've come to realize that my only passion is social justice, especially for lgbtq and poc. I do also have a desire to help people and a knack for writing. However I feel like I would not thrive on one-on-one work like becoming a councelor because it feels too personal and too much pressure,...

#politics #political-science #law #social-justice #psychology #lawyer #criminal-justice

Mikaela Q.’s Avatar
Mikaela Q. Apr 22, 2020 194 views

How do I go into a career in political strategy?

I'm a senior in high school interested in politics and political science. #political-science...

#politics

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Apr 18, 2020 196 views

Should I change my major from sociology to political science?

I chose sociology because I have an interest in learning about people and the problems we face in the world. I don’t know what I want to pursue career wise but I do know that I want to be able to change lives for the better. I recently have taken a liking to political science and I think it’s...

#college-major #political-science #sociology #career-path

Amaya C.’s Avatar
Amaya C. Apr 14, 2020 202 views

How do I get more information about where to acquire political experience.

I’m a college freshmen sociology major that goes to a hbcu and I just recently became fond of political science and government. I would love to acquire more knowledge about the major and where I should start to gain experience in that field. #college-major #political-science #sociology...

#hbcu

Isabeth M.’s Avatar
Isabeth M. Apr 13, 2020 218 views

How can I get involved in economics and political science? Especially with research. How can I be a leader with these interests?

I’d like to become involved in economics and poli sci and really stand out as a high school student. Are there any recommendations for research or extracurriculars I can start. I have seen people publish books and start organizations and I don’t really have any ideas so far. I am really...

#politics #international #college-major #high-school #political-science #college #economics #international-relations

Brayden V.’s Avatar
Brayden V. Nov 14, 2019 214 views

What is it like in the life of a cop?

What happens on a general basis for the life of a cop #law-enforcement...

#political-science

Roy C.’s Avatar
Roy C. Oct 03, 2019 222 views
Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. May 29, 2019 483 views

if you have a political science/international relations degree what are the jobs you can do?

to all the political science majors, what are the job opportunities your degree give you? and what are the advantages and disadvantages of your job? thank you:) #political-science #international-relations #degree #college-major...

#job

Tristan W.’s Avatar
Tristan W. Apr 16, 2019 229 views

If my strengths include being a conversationalist and being polite then what types of careers might best fit me?

I am primarily interested in the humanities, e.g., political science, philosophy, and other social sciences. #career-path #political-science...

#career

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. Dec 18, 2018 306 views

How do I learn about public policy as a social work student?

I'm interested in doing public policy and community organizing in the future, but I'm currently a social work student. There are only 2 classes about policy for social work, and I completed one with not a lot learned. I am pursuing a political science minor, but there are no classes on policy...

#politics #political-science #social-work #social-justice #policy

Amberly S.’s Avatar
Amberly S. Sep 12, 2018 268 views

Is global warming real?

If climate change is real, how does it affect us daily? #political-science #science #climatechange...

#globalwarming

Zunarah A.’s Avatar
Zunarah A. Jan 22, 2018 420 views

What careers would be available to an individual interested in neuroscience and political science, two inherently different fields?

I am asking this question because throughout my high school career, I have developed an interest in political science through my involvements at school; however, I am also incredibly fascinated by the nervous system and would love to work in such a versatile field. What would a good middle...

#political-science #double-major #neuroscience

Manuel H.’s Avatar
Manuel H. May 25, 2018 282 views

What internships should I be looking for to build an intriguing law school application?

I just graduated high school, and will be attending Johns Hopkins in the fall hoping to major in International studies. I’ve already had an internship at a law office, where I’m now employed. What type of internships should I be on the look out for in the Baltimore area? I only know of law...

#law-school #political-science #law #international-studies #government #pre-law

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 392 views

What is it like working in public policy?

I am getting a degree in social work, but my interest lies in the macro side of the profession. I was looking at getting a degree in public policy after I finish undergrad, but I'm not sure what exact jobs there are in public policy. What skills are taught? Would I work for a company or for a...

#graduate-school #political-science #social-work #mpp #policy #public-policy

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 354 views

How to Get Out the Vote?

Have any professionals been involved in civic engagement? I want to get more young people on my college campus involved in voting and the political process, and I would love to draw on you experiences. I'm a member of the College Democrats, Ignite, AAUW, and SGA; all of these organizations are...

#civics #politics #voting #political-science #social-media #college #civic-engagement

Deana A.’s Avatar
Deana A. May 24, 2018 327 views

What specific skills do I need to be a community organizer?

Right now I am a social work major with a minor in political science at a university in Texas. I want to go into community organizing in the local area, and in the future in other areas. I have a broad idea of what a community organizer does, but I would love to get firsthand information about...

#community #community-organizing #political-science #social-work