Career Questions tagged Courses

Grace M.’s Avatar
Grace M. Mar 09 79 views

What are good high school courses to take in preparation for a premed major?

I am a high school student looking to major in premed for undergrad school. Specializing in courses and subjects can help you feel more experienced in the long run, and I would like to best prepare myself for college. #high-school #medicine...

#courses

Samruddhi P.’s Avatar
Samruddhi P. Mar 04 74 views

Should I take Honors Organic Chemistry and AP Chemistry together?

I will be going into 11th grade next year, and I'm interested in going into Pre-Med. Here is my schedule for next year: Hon. Pre-Calc w/ Trig AP US History AP English 3 Hon. French IV AP Chemistry String Orchestra (Gym) I have space for 1 elective, so I was wondering if it would be better to...

#honors #organic-chemistry #ap #chemistry #sophomore #high-school-student #courses

Sophina L.’s Avatar
Sophina L. Feb 18 88 views

What courses should I take in highschool to get a job in the medical field? (nurse, surgeon, doctor, etc.)

I'm a freshman in highschool and I want to make sure I choose the right courses in gr. 11 and 12 so I can possibly get a job in the medical field. #highschool #medical #nurse #surgeon #doctor #courses #surgery #professionals...

#medecine

Chan N.’s Avatar
Chan N. Feb 09 77 views

Courses to consider after undergraduate degree

I have a degree in Business Information Systems BSc, have a certificate in ILM Team Leading but would like to update my CV by completing some courses. #nhs #courses #shortcourses #london #uk...

#businessadministration

Loren U.’s Avatar
Loren U. Jan 22 76 views

What classes and training are the most important to take when pursuing the business and management field?

Right now I'm taking 4 AP. classes and I want to look into dual enrollment. I have finished Algebra 1, Geometry, Alebra 2, and Pre Calc. I've taken Biology and Chemistry. I've taken AP Human Geography, AP Gov, and AP World History. I've taken 9th grade Lit and Comp as well as 10th grade World...

#classes #college #ap #highschool #dualenrollement #courses

Bryce S.’s Avatar
Bryce S. Oct 23, 2020 136 views

What courses in college are required when majoring in physical therapy?

I am a senior in high school, and I am still trying to decide what to major in for college. I have a few ideas as to what I may want to major in and physical therapy is one of my top choices. Learning about the required college courses can help me understand what to expect for this major....

#physicaltherapy #choosing-a-major #courses

Jordan F.’s Avatar
Jordan F. Sep 06, 2019 233 views

what courses would i need in order to become an exotic veterinarian?

I am a Senior student at William J. Brennan High school looking for information on becoming a veterinarian. I specifically want to pursue becoming an Exotic Animal Vet and wouldn't mind traveling at the beginning of my career to do so but i would like to know my chances and what i must do to...

#classes #animals #successful #animal-health #veterinary #veterinary-medicine #courses #requirements #needs #veterinarian

Luis A.’s Avatar
Luis A. Jan 18, 2018 403 views

Why is it that we have to complete all four years of high school?

I already have more than enough credits and I've taken all the necessary classes to graduate. So why? #done #ijustwannagotocollege #high-school #graduation...

#courses

WESTRY T.’s Avatar
WESTRY T. Apr 29, 2018 354 views

I need to know which classes can assist me in as a History Ed Major.

I am transferring from a community college to a four year college. I have completed an Associates Degree so I have my general education prerequisites completed. Upon transferring to a four year college next year, I am not able to transfer into the History Education Department until I take one...

#classes #education #history #college-transfer #history-education #courses

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 312 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 323 views

What courses do you need to become a social worker?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#classes #academic-advising #social-worker #social-work #courses

Kendra P.’s Avatar
Kendra P. May 30, 2018 356 views
George L.’s Avatar
George L. Feb 15, 2018 1937 views

AP Bio junior or senior year?

I'm a sophomore going into junior year and I'm planning to take AP Bio since I might go into the medical field. One of my teachers said that if I take AP Bio junior year I'll start to forget it by the time I take pre-med classes in college. Also whichever year I don't take AP Bio I'll take AP...

#medschool #highschool #college-advice #courses

Poppy B.’s Avatar
Poppy B. Jan 10, 2018 350 views

I am an aspiring fashion designer any advice?

I'm 13 years old (in my second year of high school) and desperately want to be a designer I have started sketching I can hand sew and I've made a couple of tops with my sewing machine and I am hoping to one day move to London and study fashion after I've graduated I'll take any advice about...

#fashion #designers #sewing #art #courses #london #school #future

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 02, 2017 419 views

How do Independent Research Positions or Projects Work at University?

I recently completed and presented a project for a class in which my professor was over the moon about. After class, he suggested that next semester I could turn this project (it was a GIS campus project, in which I worked with Services and various other departments to complete) into an...

#project #gis #research #university #courses

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Nov 24, 2017 676 views

Music Psychology advice?

Can anyone share their experiences if they have ever taken music psychology course or enroll in music psychology programs? it seems to me that most programs available in this area are in UK, but if you know there are programs available elsewhere, please leave a comment #psychology #careers...

#professional-training #undergraduate #music #graduate-school #courses #career-choice #career-development

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Nov 08, 2017 584 views

What courses do Mechanical Engineers have to take in college?

I am wondering what specific courses Mechanical Engineers must take in college. It would be helpful if someone could give me an example of what a mechanical engineer's course looks like. #mechanical-engineering #courses...

#engineering

Destiny N.’s Avatar
Destiny N. May 30, 2017 560 views

Which are the best courses to take if I am aiming to become an ER nurse?

I am a junior in high school and I am having trouble finding which path I should take to increase my chances of going into the career I want to pursue. I know that I want to go to nursing school but I also know that this career is very competitive. Which courses should I take to guide me...

#er #bsn #internships #career-details #nurse #anatomy #courses

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 22, 2017 848 views

Continuing Education credits as an undergraduate?

I am currently a sophomore psychology major. I also am a student affiliate of the American Psychological Association. Each year, my membership comes with 5 free CE credits. They center around some interesting articles, so I'm certainly not going to let them go to waste. I do wonder, however,...

#apa #college #undergraduate #psychology #psych #continuing-education #courses

jeevan N.’s Avatar
jeevan N. May 20, 2016 1421 views
Leslie L.’s Avatar
Leslie L. Mar 08, 2017 423 views

What classes should I take in high school to better my chances of becoming a doctor?

I am recently choosing some classes for my third year of high school and I wanted to gain some insight from professionals. #doctor #medicine #courses...

#undecided

Diljot S.’s Avatar
Diljot S. Feb 21, 2017 729 views

Is summer school considered bad when applying for universities?

I want to do grade 11 and 12 english in summer school because most of the courses I am taking are a lot of work. English at my school has a lot of essays and homework, so taking it in summer school will lessen the workload, especially since I am taking 3 sciences and 2 maths in one school year....

#highschool #summerschool #courses

Diljot S.’s Avatar
Diljot S. Feb 17, 2017 744 views

Is taking 4 sciences in one semester reasonable?

I want to take grade 11 physics, biology, chemistry, and grade 12 chemistry all in grade 11. I would have two each semester, would this be too hard to organize? #science #school #courses #highschool...

#course-selection

Luka G.’s Avatar
Luka G. Feb 17, 2017 1193 views

What's the difference between IB Literature SL and IB Language and Literature SL? Which one do colleges value higher?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I want to pursue the IB diploma. I was wondering to what is the main difference between IB Literature SL and IB Language and Literature SL, which one do colleges value higher, and is one harder than the other? #college #english #language #courses #literature...

#english-literature #ib-diploma

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 10, 2017 706 views

How do I stay motivated to do coursework for uninteresting classes?

This term I am taking two classes that haven't provided me with much of an intellectual challenge. As a result, I am having a hard time staying motivated in my classes, as I am not obtaining knowledge that I do not already have. #college #undergraduate #time-management #classes #studies...

#motivation #work-ethic #courses