Career Questions tagged Courses

Jordan F.’s Avatar
Jordan F. Sep 06, 2019 133 views

what courses would i need in order to become an exotic veterinarian?

I am a Senior student at William J. Brennan High school looking for information on becoming a veterinarian. I specifically want to pursue becoming an Exotic Animal Vet and wouldn't mind traveling at the beginning of my career to do so but i would like to know my chances and what i must do to...

#veterinarian #needs #courses #veterinary #requirements #successful #veterinary-medicine #classes #animal-health #animals

Vanshika B.’s Avatar
Vanshika B. Jun 08, 2019 252 views
Luis A.’s Avatar
Luis A. Jan 18, 2018 335 views

Why is it that we have to complete all four years of high school?

I already have more than enough credits and I've taken all the necessary classes to graduate. So why? #done #ijustwannagotocollege #high-school #graduation...

#courses

WESTRY T.’s Avatar
WESTRY T. Apr 29, 2018 287 views

I need to know which classes can assist me in as a History Ed Major.

I am transferring from a community college to a four year college. I have completed an Associates Degree so I have my general education prerequisites completed. Upon transferring to a four year college next year, I am not able to transfer into the History Education Department until I take one...

#college-transfer #classes #education #history #history-education #courses

Benjamin K.’s Avatar
Benjamin K. May 21, 2018 276 views
Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 20, 2018 279 views

What courses do you need to become a social worker?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#courses #social-worker #academic-advising #classes #social-work

Kendra P.’s Avatar
Kendra P. May 30, 2018 308 views
George L.’s Avatar
George L. Feb 15, 2018 1422 views

AP Bio junior or senior year?

I'm a sophomore going into junior year and I'm planning to take AP Bio since I might go into the medical field. One of my teachers said that if I take AP Bio junior year I'll start to forget it by the time I take pre-med classes in college. Also whichever year I don't take AP Bio I'll take AP...

#medschool #highschool #courses #college-advice

Poppy B.’s Avatar
Poppy B. Jan 10, 2018 276 views

I am an aspiring fashion designer any advice?

I'm 13 years old (in my second year of high school) and desperately want to be a designer I have started sketching I can hand sew and I've made a couple of tops with my sewing machine and I am hoping to one day move to London and study fashion after I've graduated I'll take any advice about...

#fashion #london #art #school #courses #designers #future #sewing

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 02, 2017 384 views

How do Independent Research Positions or Projects Work at University?

I recently completed and presented a project for a class in which my professor was over the moon about. After class, he suggested that next semester I could turn this project (it was a GIS campus project, in which I worked with Services and various other departments to complete) into an...

#university #gis #research #project #courses

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Nov 24, 2017 605 views

Music Psychology advice?

Can anyone share their experiences if they have ever taken music psychology course or enroll in music psychology programs? it seems to me that most programs available in this area are in UK, but if you know there are programs available elsewhere, please leave a comment #psychology #careers...

#undergraduate #courses #professional-training #graduate-school #career-development #career-choice #music

Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. Nov 08, 2017 537 views

What courses do Mechanical Engineers have to take in college?

I am wondering what specific courses Mechanical Engineers must take in college. It would be helpful if someone could give me an example of what a mechanical engineer's course looks like. #mechanical-engineering #courses...

#engineering

Destiny N.’s Avatar
Destiny N. May 30, 2017 510 views

Which are the best courses to take if I am aiming to become an ER nurse?

I am a junior in high school and I am having trouble finding which path I should take to increase my chances of going into the career I want to pursue. I know that I want to go to nursing school but I also know that this career is very competitive. Which courses should I take to guide me...

#er #bsn #internships #anatomy #career-details #nurse #courses

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 22, 2017 662 views

Continuing Education credits as an undergraduate?

I am currently a sophomore psychology major. I also am a student affiliate of the American Psychological Association. Each year, my membership comes with 5 free CE credits. They center around some interesting articles, so I'm certainly not going to let them go to waste. I do wonder, however,...

#psych #continuing-education #college #apa #undergraduate #psychology #courses

jeevan N.’s Avatar
jeevan N. May 20, 2016 1218 views
Leslie L.’s Avatar
Leslie L. Mar 08, 2017 391 views

What classes should I take in high school to better my chances of becoming a doctor?

I am recently choosing some classes for my third year of high school and I wanted to gain some insight from professionals. #doctor #medicine #courses...

#undecided

Diljot S.’s Avatar
Diljot S. Feb 21, 2017 595 views

Is summer school considered bad when applying for universities?

I want to do grade 11 and 12 english in summer school because most of the courses I am taking are a lot of work. English at my school has a lot of essays and homework, so taking it in summer school will lessen the workload, especially since I am taking 3 sciences and 2 maths in one school year....

#highschool #courses #summerschool

Diljot S.’s Avatar
Diljot S. Feb 17, 2017 572 views

Is taking 4 sciences in one semester reasonable?

I want to take grade 11 physics, biology, chemistry, and grade 12 chemistry all in grade 11. I would have two each semester, would this be too hard to organize? #science #school #courses #highschool...

#course-selection

Luka G.’s Avatar
Luka G. Feb 17, 2017 1019 views

What's the difference between IB Literature SL and IB Language and Literature SL? Which one do colleges value higher?

I'm a sophomore in high school and I want to pursue the IB diploma. I was wondering to what is the main difference between IB Literature SL and IB Language and Literature SL, which one do colleges value higher, and is one harder than the other? #college #english #language #courses #literature...

#english-literature #ib-diploma

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Feb 10, 2017 655 views

How do I stay motivated to do coursework for uninteresting classes?

This term I am taking two classes that haven't provided me with much of an intellectual challenge. As a result, I am having a hard time staying motivated in my classes, as I am not obtaining knowledge that I do not already have. #college #undergraduate #time-management #classes #studies...

#work-ethic #motivation #courses

Okalanie G.’s Avatar
Okalanie G. Feb 04, 2017 512 views

How can I become an elementary school teacher

I have done some research on steps as to how I can become a teacher and all it said was to apply to college and take the early childhood education courses and apply for a license and certificate to teach. I would like to know if I should go for B.A, anything higher, lower? What specific...

#elementary-education #college #teaching #teacher #early-childhood-education #school #courses

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 09, 2016 619 views

Any advice for an aspiring robotics programmer?

It is my aspiration to program robots and I was just looking for any career advice when reaching for this aspiration of mine. I have six universities in mind where I can work and study for the field of Robotics. I was just looking for any advice that I might need to know when I do plan on...

#help #career-advice #courses

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Oct 09, 2016 711 views

What are the requirements for studying software development?

I was hoping for someone's advice for studying software development in general. I always wondered what would have to be done when someone decides to pursue software development. #software-engineering #software-development #courses #software-design...

#software-documentation

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 24, 2016 720 views

What high school/college courses are most important to take for mechanical engineering?

It is my junior year and I wanted to know if taking AP Computer Science is a good start for mechanical engineering before I go off to college. Also,what college courses would I be taking for this field. #college #mechanical-engineering #high-school #help #advice...

#courses

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Sep 08, 2016 400 views

If I plan to major in Robotics, what are some core courses I will have to take in college?

When I do attend college, I want to know of some core courses that I will most likely be taking for majoring in Robotics. I want to get an idea of what will be required of me to learn in the classroom while on college campus. #college-major #robotics...

#courses

Sabrina S.’s Avatar
Sabrina S. May 26, 2016 410 views

Whats the most effective scheduled for a freshman in college?

I get really nervous with change and am open to any suggestions when it comes to planing my courses. #college...

#courses