Career Questions tagged Criminology

Sadrunisa K.’s Avatar
Sadrunisa K. Dec 13, 2017 234 views

I currently have my honours degree in Sociology. What additional subjects I should take to pursue juvenile justice?

I currently have my honours degree in Sociology. To be a juvenile justice officer, I do understand that you need a degree in criminology and would like to know what additional subjects I should take to pursue that. I love working with the youth and trying to make a change in society, hence my...

#juvenile-delinquency #case-management #juvenile-justice #sociology #criminology

Kima C.’s Avatar
Kima C. May 17, 2018 227 views

Can i major in more than one thing in college

I want to major in #criminology & #sociology & #physiology & #emt and I want to know how many years estimated will I be in...

Mahalet A.’s Avatar
Mahalet A. Jan 17, 2018 271 views

How do you become a Crime Scene Technician?

I have been trying to figure out the real steps to becoming part of the Criminal Justice area, but I would really like to focus on gathering evidence, investigation, etc. However, I do not want to go on the path of a patrol/police officer in order to obtain this job. Is there a path I can take...

#crime-scene-investigation #csi #law-enforcement #criminal-justice #criminology

Jai B.’s Avatar
Jai B. Jan 17, 2018 222 views

I wonder if I made the right choice on my major

I always wanted to be a forensic scientist, so i wanted to major in Criminal Psychology. But once i started looking into the kind of job I wanted, I changed to Business with a minor in Criminal Psychology. It is the biggest decision I have made in my life. #college #college-major...

#criminology #criminal-psychology #business #academic-advising #psychology

Victoria D.’s Avatar
Victoria D. Jan 16, 2018 409 views

I will be majoring in Criminology in the fall. My career goal is to become a FBI profiler. After I graduate from college where would I apply next to reach my goal

I know I will need a lot of schooling to achieve my career goal. But I'm not sure how long or what I do after graduation since I haven't looked that far ahead. I would like to know what steps I am going to have to do to reach my goal. #criminology #criminal-justice #law-enforcement...

#fbi

Regan O.’s Avatar
Regan O. Jan 16, 2018 228 views

Is wanting to become an FBI agent too unreasonable for someone who’s not a genius?

I want to work for the FBI but I’m not sure if it’s possible. #criminal-justice #criminology #law-enforcement...

#fbi

Tyler W.’s Avatar
Tyler W. Jan 16, 2018 254 views
Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Jan 13, 2018 230 views

how will my future be like if i choose criminology as my major?

i want to know how it would change my lifestyle #criminology #forensics #college-major #college...

#academic-advising

Ruby K.’s Avatar
Ruby K. Jan 09, 2018 201 views

What education and training do I need to be a criminal psychologist?

I've always been fascinated by the minds of murderers and criminals and it's my dream job to work with them and be a criminal psychologist. I'm in high school, and I want to start looking at the best colleges to study criminal psychology at early-ish. #criminal-psychology #criminology...

#psychology

Megan C.’s Avatar
Megan C. Jan 24, 2018 448 views

As a criminal profiler, do you get fulfillment and joy from your job?

I am interested in pursuing a career in criminal profiling, however I know the burnout rates in a job such as this could be high. I have spent a lot of time researching this profession, but I wasn't able to find many answers about the emotional aspect of it. And the little exposure I have had...

#criminal-justice #burnout #law-enforcement #criminalprofiling #criminology

Diana S.’s Avatar
Diana S. Jan 30, 2018 527 views

What is the difference between Forensic Science and Criminology?

I really love looking into criminal's cases, deaths, abductions, etc. However, I know, or I seem to understand, that Forensic Science is a branch of either Criminology or Criminal Justice. I would appreciate if someone would help explain if I can only do one or the other or if I can work for...

#criminal-justice #forensic-science #criminology

Diana S.’s Avatar
Diana S. Jan 30, 2018 208 views

Has anyone studied Criminology?

I am attracted to Criminology however because of the lack of resources i have about it I have no clue what I can and should do in order to get there. #crime #law...

#criminology

Mahalet A.’s Avatar
Mahalet A. Jan 17, 2018 545 views

What is the difference between a Crime Scene Investigator and a Crime Scene Technician?

I am trying to narrow in on the kind of job that I really want, but I do not want to accidentally make the wrong choice. I want to gather and analyze evidence, investigate the scene, interact with witnesses, etc. Which job should I focus on if I want to follow through with these specific...

#crime-scene-investigation #criminal-justice #criminology

Mahalet A.’s Avatar
Mahalet A. Jan 17, 2018 231 views

Is Forensic Sciences considered to be a minor?

I am aiming to study Criminal Justice as a major, but I want to include Forensic Sciences in my studies. Will Forensics be included in Criminal Justice or is it offered as a minor course? #forensic-science #criminal-justice #criminology #college-major #majors-and-minors...

#forensic

Nora C.’s Avatar
Nora C. Jan 10, 2018 181 views

What colleges would be best for a major in forensic science?

I'm a 9th grader who is very interested in criminology and forensic science. I was wondering where would be best to go to pursue careers in that pertain to these topics. #college #forensic-science...

#criminology

cheyenne C.’s Avatar
cheyenne C. Sep 29, 2017 357 views

What's the best college for majoring in criminology?

i am asking this question because i want to go to the best school so i know everything i need to know to become a cop. #criminology #law-enforcement...

#college-selection

Diamond D.’s Avatar
Diamond D. Sep 01, 2017 320 views

Is there any challenging that any FBI agent faces ?

I want to know are there any challenges any FBI agent faces when they are on duty? Are there emotional times when they see things happen from someone they don't even know? Is there tension between 2 FBI agents or them having tension with someone else? #fbi-agent #criminal-justice...

#criminal-investigations #criminology

Eunice M.’s Avatar
Eunice M. Sep 01, 2017 300 views

How hard is it to have two Majors that are completely different from each other?

Would it be very hard to major in two fields that have nothing to do with each other, for example Biology and Criminal Justice? And if you did something similar what are some habits or tips you wish you knew beforehand. #criminal-justice #criminology #biology...

#fbi

Camille L.’s Avatar
Camille L. Jul 10, 2017 524 views

If i want to be a lawyer, what should i major in once i get into college?

I'm considering to be a lawyer when I grow up, but I don't really know what to major in once I'm in college. I heard that you're supposed to major in political science and philosophy but I don't know what's it's about. I'm very interested in criminology and criminal justice, just criminals in...

#fbi-agent #psychology #criminal-law #career-details #criminal-justice #law #criminology

Camille L.’s Avatar
Camille L. Jul 10, 2017 2030 views

I want to work at the Behavioral Analysis Unit of the FBI but I have many questions.

Prepare yourself, I'm a talkative and curious kid. I'm interested in psychology, human behavior, criminology, criminal justice, and criminal profiling basically I want to get into the criminal's minds and make a profile about them and help the police catch them. But I already know that it's not...

#psychology #career-details #criminal-profiling #fbi #federal-agent #bau #criminology

Camille L.’s Avatar
Camille L. Jul 11, 2017 1213 views

Is criminology useful to be a criminal lawyer/prosecutor ?

I consider to be a prosecutor when I grow up, I am very interested in Psychology and criminals etc... So I wanted to major in Criminilogy in college but I ask a relative and she said that I can't take criminology to be a prosecutor. Is she wrong? I hope so... #law #criminology #prosecutor...

#lawyer #career-details

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 31, 2017 453 views

I am taking free courses that lead to certification with FEMA, will this be beneficial for government position?

I just received my Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security and am now taking some online courses with FEMA and may start on some courses regarding statistics and the Design of Experiments. Would these be beneficial topics to get with to obtain a way into the government?...

#legal #criminology #government #fema #homeland-security #recruiting #criminal-justice #human-resources

Daycy A.’s Avatar
Daycy A. Feb 22, 2017 398 views

What do you need to do in order to become an FBI agent?

I am asking this so when i graduate high school and i go to college, I can know what i have to do. #criminal-justice #criminology...

#fbi-agent

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 378 views

Career paths with a Criminology/Criminal Justice degree?

What are some possible careers a person could get with a degree in criminology or criminal justice? #law #criminal-justice #law-enforcement #criminology...

#justice

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 1955 views

Do you need to be a police officer before becoming a detective?

I'm interested in detective work, but I don't want to be a street cop first. I am more analytical than physical. Would a criminology degree allow you to become a detective without being a cop first? #criminal-justice #law-enforcement #criminology...

#detective

Naomi P.’s Avatar
Naomi P. Nov 01, 2016 564 views

What career would I need to study if i'm interested in the study of the criminal brain?

I'm asking this because on TV I've seen many shows about people who study the criminal brain and they study how criminals think. This seems very interesting to me but I don't know where to get started. #psychology #law #criminology...

#behavioral-health

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 445 views

What does a regular work day of forensic scientists consist of?

I want to know how often I will be preforming experiments, collecting data, analyzing data, or collaborating with a team so that I know that it is the best fit for me. #science #biology #chemistry #criminology #laboratory #crime-scene-investigator #forensic-science...

#teamwork

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 333 views

Are there only certain forensic scientists that are asked to go crime scenes to investigate and gather data?

I am physically disabled and I enjoy and prefer working in lab settings. I wouldn't be comfortable with going to crime scenes and having to be extra careful with my steps or worrying about how I will help gather evidence if I have to squat or be in positions that are difficult for me to get in....

#science #criminology #crime-scene-investigator #detective #forensic-science #laboratory #chemistry #biology

Celeste O.’s Avatar
Celeste O. Oct 27, 2016 344 views

As a forensic anthropologist, do you feel satisfactory by solving a case? When presenting information on a case, do forensic anthropologists get nervous?

As a junior in high school a forensic anthropologist is my ideal career choice. Before making a final decision on my future career choice I would like to know more information about it than what the internet gives me. To get a better understating of this job and to get information from people...

#forensic-analysis #criminology

Nyjah  R.’s Avatar
Nyjah R. Oct 24, 2016 458 views

Should I partake in mental health internships or criminal justice internships?

I'm asking to know if I should sign up for regular internships during college or ones that relate to my career? #psychology #criminal-justice #sociology...

#criminology