Career Questions tagged Criminology

Kelly M.’s Avatar
Kelly M. May 10 62 views

What Is it like to be a police officer? And what kind of steps did you personally take to become a police officer? Also how much would the median range salary for this job title? Very curious and interested to know !

Hello, I honestly wanted to know what Is It like to be a police officer? Like what kind of steps did you have to take to get this role? , And by chance , How much would be for the median range salary for this job position? Any advice or tips? Very curious to hear some answers! Also wanted to...

Samira M.’s Avatar
Samira M. Oct 26, 2021 218 views

Criminal Law or something else?

I am really interested in criminal law, however, is it possibly dangerous to get mixed with crime? What is the longest course for law school e.g. hypothetically family law takes 4 years whereas criminal law takes 5 etc. #lawyer #law #criminal-justice #criminology

Jenna O.’s Avatar
Jenna O. Sep 15, 2021 179 views
Sarah C.’s Avatar
Sarah C. Sep 09, 2021 194 views

what is the best education if i wanna be a crime scene investigator

i am still not sure what i wanna do i am stuck between crime scene investigator or a lawyer. #criminal-justice #law #college #criminology

Ari’elle D.’s Avatar
Ari’elle D. Aug 05, 2021 198 views

How do I figure out which career to choose?

I really enjoy psychology, criminology, and sociology but I'm having a hard time choosing which one I should pursue. #psychology #sociology #criminology

Shakarri P.’s Avatar
Shakarri P. May 31, 2021 171 views

Civilian Jobs with a criminal justice or criminology bachelors?

I sort of already know what I want to do for my future jobs. I have a huge list actually, just incase I can’t get the first! I always thinks it’s nice to have a bunch of jobs I would like to do so I don’t get discouraged if I can’t get the first one. I have been going insane trying to find as...

Rashmi M.’s Avatar
Rashmi M. Apr 19, 2021 235 views

International student opportunities with criminology and criminal justice major.

Hi. I'm currently pursuing my second masters in criminology and criminal justice. I am a F1 student and on graduation would need visa sponsorship. I finished my first masters in US, majoring in business management and undergrad in information science and engg in India. I'm looking to seek...

Makalah D.’s Avatar
Makalah D. Jan 17, 2021 324 views

What are the best internships for my major and minor?

I am an undergrad student studying psychology pre-law with a minor in criminology. I would love intern to in any of those fields I mentioned! It'll be an honor to get experience before going to graduate school and eventually into the real world. #psychology # #clinical-psychology #criminology...

Kendall T.’s Avatar
Kendall T. Jan 11, 2021 375 views

How to reach my goal of working in the BSU of the FBI?

I’m currently a psychology and forensic science (interdisciplinary studies) major at a university. I’m a sophomore right now but I really would love to work with the FBI in their Behavioral Science Unit. I’d love to interview criminals and such. How do I get to that point? #interviewing...

Shakarri P.’s Avatar
Shakarri P. Dec 22, 2020 172 views

Getting my Bachelors in Criminology, need more information regarding my goal careers!

Hello! I am a 24yr old student currently attending Portland State in hopes that I can finish with my Bachelors in Criminology. I have a passion for true crime and study a dozen or more cases a day on my own. I also interview inmates in prison as a hobby and blog about it. (I used to have an...

Kellen T.’s Avatar
Kellen T. Nov 05, 2020 153 views

how do I get into the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

I always wanted to be agent for the FBI so how do I get in? my family members say its easy but not so easy, they said I have to get my bachelors degree, accounting degree 2 or more years and Hard science I just wan to know if this is true. #criminology

Wendy C.’s Avatar
Wendy C. Nov 02, 2020 269 views

What’s the hardest part about studying criminology?

I’m 17, I’m in high school. I want to study criminology but I don’t know if it’s the right path for me. #high-school #criminology

Grayson F.’s Avatar
Grayson F. Oct 27, 2020 198 views

What is a day to day in the life for a police?

I want to kinda get a knowing of what a day is for a police or a police detective. I already love the actual meaning of the job and I would love to become an officer, but I want to know what a day to day is in the life for a police officer or a police detective. #criminology #career

Lucy M.’s Avatar
Lucy M. Oct 15, 2020 239 views

What kind of jobs are there for college students that are majoring in criminology and criminal justice?

I’m still in college and will be receiving my bachelors in criminology and criminal justice in 2022 but I’m looking for an entry level job to start getting some experience. Are there any for college students? #jobs #criminology #criminaljustice #collegestudent

Jenny G.’s Avatar
Jenny G. Oct 05, 2020 300 views

What do I do after graduating high school and want to work with crimes and figuring them out? Criminology perhaps

hello! I have some questions because i really don’t know what to do after I graduate especially when you’re the first one in the family to go through this. im absolutely interested in going to college and get a degree in criminology,but I don’t know for how long,what the degree will get me...

Abby C.’s Avatar
Abby C. Sep 09, 2020 337 views

Should I become a lawyer and how do I do it?

I am in the eleventh grade and I have always wanted to become a lawyer. My aunt is one and we always talk about how interesting it is. I have done some research and I think I want to work as a legal counsel for corporate or as a public defender, leaning more towards legal counsel due to the...

Andrea A.’s Avatar
Andrea A. Aug 24, 2020 271 views

What are ways to narrow down my career interest in Criminal Justice?

I'm a first generation college student and I am currently on my 3rd/last year at a community college. I am trying to create a plan to transfer to a university but I am not only having trouble choosing a specific major but my overall path. I have always had an interest in Criminal Justice but,...

K K.’s Avatar
K K. Jul 23, 2020 368 views

Are criminal justice classes similar to criminology?

I am interested in becoming a criminal intelligence analyst and currently, I am a sociology major. My university does not offer criminology as a major and so there are not many classes related to the subject. However, there are criminal justice classes. Would taking criminal justice classes be...

Eva T.’s Avatar
Eva T. Jul 08, 2020 337 views

Professional jobs that don't involve spending all day on the computer

I'm a political science college grad with experience working in the courts system, legal support, and criminal justice policy. I've realized that I don't like spending all day on the computer, and most of the professional jobs that I've had involve a lot of solo computer work. This last...

Nino K.’s Avatar
Nino K. Jun 08, 2020 653 views

Can I become a barrister/solicitor with criminology degree?

I studied Access to Higher Education Diploma in Law, then I went to university and started studying Criminology which I am not enjoying as much as I enjoyed studying law. my question here is if I should start studying law from year 1, which would mean that I have to restart and waste £18 000 or...