Career Questions tagged Detective

Bernice G.’s Avatar
Bernice G. Sep 18 38 views

What do you like the most about being a police detective?

I would like to know more about the field, I am currently in training for protective services. #police...

#detective

Bernice G.’s Avatar
Bernice G. Sep 18 14 views

What is a typical day as a police detective?

I am currently a student in training in protective services that would like to know more about this career. #police...

#detective

Galicia P.’s Avatar
Galicia P. Oct 17, 2018 199 views

What's the best thing about attending Boston University?

I'm thinking of going to Boston University in the future to study Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, but i'm still having doubts about my choice . What other Colleges or Universities are good for studying Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice that really focus on Law Enforcement and Criminal...

#detective #law #police #criminal-justice

Felicia R.’s Avatar
Felicia R. Aug 18, 2018 149 views

What Universities have Forensic Science Curriculum?

Hello, I'm Felicia. I'm in the 6th grade at Pikeville Elementary School in Pikeville, KY. I would like to work in the area of Crime Scene Investigations. I'm considering being a Detective but I'm not sure. Any ideas on annual salary?...

#detective

MaryJane G.’s Avatar
MaryJane G. Mar 13, 2018 399 views

what is the suggested education for special victims detective?

Education recommended like major. Specific requirements needed to be a detective aside from education. #detective #law-enforcement #special-victims #law #majors...

#college-majors

Derek B.’s Avatar
Derek B. Apr 12, 2018 209 views

How do I get qualified for law enforcement?

Senior in high school and interesting in law enforcement. #police #law-enforcement #detective...

#criminal-justice

Tyjha M.’s Avatar
Tyjha M. Jan 26, 2018 215 views
My'Lirea M.’s Avatar
My'Lirea M. Sep 01, 2017 215 views

What is a typical day in your career ?

I'm a high school student who have questions about being a private investigator . #private-investigations #detective...

#private-detective

Diamond D.’s Avatar
Diamond D. Aug 31, 2017 327 views

What is the average day like for a FBI Agent?

I want to know how life is when being an FBI Agent. How do they get through the day with threats from people mainly criminals from putting them in jail and families of the criminal making the agent's life a bad experience? How is the schedule like everyday like does everyone have the same...

#detective #fbi-agent #criminal-justice #law-enforcement

Diamond D.’s Avatar
Diamond D. Aug 31, 2017 325 views

What do I have to do to become a FBI Agent?

I want to become an FBI Agent to investigate and solve the problems/crimes that are going on in the community. I know there are 2-4 year degrees for criminal justice and additional years to get into this career. I've heard things like you have to become a police officer and then be promoted...

#detective #fbi-agent #criminal-justice

june W.’s Avatar
june W. Aug 31, 2017 324 views

What is the best way to become a detective?

I want to become a detective to help investigate and solve serious crimes. What is the best way to get there .To become a detective do someone work up to the career or start from college. What is the best route to become a detective? #detective #police #criminal-justice #criminal-law...

#criminal-investigations

Stevie W.’s Avatar
Stevie W. Aug 29, 2017 391 views

What is the most direct route to become a detective?

I want to become a detective to help investigate and solve serious crimes. What is the best way to get there? I know there are 2 year and 4 year criminal justice degrees. I have also heard experience in the police force is required first and you have to get promoted up to detective. What is...

#detective #police #criminal-justice

Anthony L.’s Avatar
Anthony L. May 18, 2016 562 views

Hi is being a detective scary?

I want to know this because I might want to become one when I grow up #law-enforcement #detective...

#investigator

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Feb 02, 2017 1969 views

Do you need to be a police officer before becoming a detective?

I'm interested in detective work, but I don't want to be a street cop first. I am more analytical than physical. Would a criminology degree allow you to become a detective without being a cop first? #criminal-justice #law-enforcement #criminology...

#detective

Miranda R.’s Avatar
Miranda R. Oct 27, 2016 336 views

Are there only certain forensic scientists that are asked to go crime scenes to investigate and gather data?

I am physically disabled and I enjoy and prefer working in lab settings. I wouldn't be comfortable with going to crime scenes and having to be extra careful with my steps or worrying about how I will help gather evidence if I have to squat or be in positions that are difficult for me to get in....

#forensic-science #laboratory #chemistry #science #criminology #crime-scene-investigator #biology #detective

Cheyanne B.’s Avatar
Cheyanne B. Oct 24, 2016 623 views

Whats the best major if you want to be a detective?

I have wanted to be a detective for a while but I have no idea what I should major in to become one. #college #majors #law-enforcement #college-majors #help #advice...

#detective

Lilian M.’s Avatar
Lilian M. May 14, 2016 411 views

What is the best i should take if i want to become a detective?

Im a high school senior and i want to know what the best option for this career is. It has been on my mind lately and i would lik to know more about it. #law #criminal-justice #detective...

#criminal-investigations

Montana G.’s Avatar
Montana G. Oct 27, 2015 682 views

What type of training would I have to go through if I was going to be a detecive?

Hello my name is Montana Goodman and I am in 6th grade. I know what type of training police officers have to go through I am just not sure if detectives have to go through the same type of training if not more then police officers have? #law #detective...

#enforcement

Luke S.’s Avatar
Luke S. Oct 23, 2015 914 views

What does a private detective do on a daily basis?

I am in 6th grade and I would like to be a private detective when I grow up. Any help would be appreciated, thank you! #police #police-officer #detective...

#private-detective