Career Questions tagged Police

Working as a police officer requires completion of an academy and a probation period. Careers within the police force range from a detective, crime scene investigator, or a school resource...

Isaiah R.’s Avatar
Isaiah R. May 10 45 views

Becoming A Police Detective

I am very interested in becoming a Police detective, what are the specific details to becoming a Police Detective and what are the step by step actions I have to take to succeed in this occupation? I am currently 17 and I am in Job Corps.

Kelly M.’s Avatar
Kelly M. May 10 62 views

What Is it like to be a police officer? And what kind of steps did you personally take to become a police officer? Also how much would the median range salary for this job title? Very curious and interested to know !

Hello, I honestly wanted to know what Is It like to be a police officer? Like what kind of steps did you have to take to get this role? , And by chance , How much would be for the median range salary for this job position? Any advice or tips? Very curious to hear some answers! Also wanted to...

Amayagrace F.’s Avatar
Amayagrace F. May 09 51 views

I want to be a criminal investigator. I read I need to go to the police academy to become a patrolman and then be promoted to a detective but I don't necessarily want to become a police officer. Is there ways I can become a criminal investigator without the police academy and promotion?

I read about becoming a criminal investigator and plan to get a psychology degree as well as criminal justice. I know I can become a social work investigator but I'm not sure if this would work well to become a criminal investigator after this job. If there is anyone who has experience in these...

Austin P.’s Avatar
Austin P. Jan 04 111 views

Any programs/shadowing opportunities for a Minor in Harris County, TX?

Fire, Rescue, EMS, Parks, Conservation, Law enforcement.

#Fire #EMS #TPWD # #police #police-officer #conservation #wildlife

jaquan J.’s Avatar
jaquan J. Dec 14, 2021 180 views

What do you like most about this career?

I will like to know more about the positive side of this career #police #law #law-enforcement

jaquan J.’s Avatar
jaquan J. Dec 14, 2021 191 views

What makes an resume impressive in your field?

I would like to know so I can have an understanding on how to do my resume #resume #lawenforcement #police

jaquan J.’s Avatar
jaquan J. Dec 14, 2021 121 views

What are the future trends for this field?

I was asking this because i want to become an police officer #police #law-enforcement

Kevin M.’s Avatar
Kevin M. Dec 01, 2021 246 views

3.What job tools should I relate to?

I would like to know which tools are necessary for this type of work and how often the tool is updated.
#law #work #career #police #investigate

Kevin M.’s Avatar
Kevin M. Dec 01, 2021 201 views

2. How often do serious accidents occur in this job?

I am curious to see how frequent are the deaths, accidents and other things that happen in this job.
#career #job #police #investigate

Kevin M.’s Avatar
Kevin M. Dec 01, 2021 211 views

1. Is there an opportunity to move up in this job?

For example, I would like to move up in my position and improve in my work area, so I have this question #career #job #police #detective

Kevin M.’s Avatar
Kevin M. Dec 01, 2021 210 views

What happens after several years of service?

I would like to work in a field related to police, investigation and entrepreneurship.
#police #business
#investigate #any

Hope A.’s Avatar
Hope A. Nov 10, 2021 120 views
Jeremiah F.’s Avatar
Jeremiah F. Nov 08, 2021 144 views

is police academy actually easy? Or is it difficult?

I've interacted with a couple of police officers before and each one has told me that the academy is easy. But I don't know if they were being sarcastic or completely serious. #police-officer #law-enforcement #police

Nadia L.’s Avatar
Nadia L. Nov 04, 2021 163 views

What do I have to do to get into law enforcement ?

My name is Nadia Lopez. I am a junior at Phillip and sala Burton , When I graduate high school I want to join the Air Force & later become a homicide detective. #law #police #lawyer #law-enforcement #criminal-justice

Jeremiah F.’s Avatar
Jeremiah F. Nov 02, 2021 203 views

is it true that police officers are required to write a long report after using having to use their gun? Or any of their weapons/tools

i am 16, I want to hopefully be a police officer myself someday, and I don't know many people to give me advice on how to be a good one. And how to actually even get pass the academy. #law-enforcement #police-officer #police #criminal-justice

elliot O.’s Avatar
elliot O. Oct 27, 2021 131 views
elliot O.’s Avatar
elliot O. Oct 27, 2021 192 views

how do you go about to become a police officer?

#police #law-enforcement #police-officer #law-enforcement #criminal-justice

elliot O.’s Avatar
elliot O. Oct 25, 2021 151 views
jiihad A.’s Avatar
jiihad A. Oct 25, 2021 106 views

what benefits do you get from law and government?

#police
I have a intrest in learning law enforcement