Career Questions tagged Police

Working as a police officer requires completion of an academy and a probation period. Careers within the police force range from a detective, crime scene investigator, or a school resource...

Jalissa M.’s Avatar
Jalissa M. Feb 25 32 views

What are tips of investigating crimes , violence investigations , becoming a police officer ? How many years of college would it take?

Im a sophomore also very passionate about investigating crimes and putting people in check to do the right things . #business #police officer # crime #solve crimes #detective...

#fbi

sara S.’s Avatar
sara S. Nov 13, 2020 139 views

What’s a good way to get involved in the police force or a K-9 unit before/during college?

I’m interested in possibly joining the police force/K-9 unit when i’m older. I’m not in college yet, but i was wondering what are some good ways to involved (locally) in police work or K-9 work. #police #career #college #k-9...

#policecareer

Colton P.’s Avatar
Colton P. Nov 09, 2020 85 views

What does the daily routine of a police officer look like?

What are all of the things that go into the daily life of a police officer?...

#police

jasmine S.’s Avatar
jasmine S. Sep 21, 2020 107 views

How can I successfully prepare to go into law enforcement?

I intend to go to college but want to major and minor in the right things that will hold me successful for my future. Do I need a backup plan just incase law enforcement doesn't work out? Thanks. #college-major #college #lawenforcement...

#police

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Aug 01, 2020 178 views

How close is Brooklyn-99 to the real NYPD?

Ok, dumb question, but is Brooklyn-99 anything similar to actually being on the NYPD? I love the show and it's made me consider joining the NYPD but I know it's fiction and probably unrealistic. One of the best parts about the show is its representation and diversity, but is the NYPD force...

#cop #july20 #nypd #criminal-justice #police #nyc #cops #new-york

Iqra T.’s Avatar
Iqra T. Apr 17, 2020 329 views

What would you say the most difficult part of your job is?

Everything has pros and cons, what are the cons of your job? #career #job #healthcare #medicine #employment #police...

#tech

Dominick D.’s Avatar
Dominick D. Mar 06, 2020 148 views

What Does a day look like for a k9 officer

A am looking for help whith a life chosie #law #law-enforcement #police...

Elizabeth C.’s Avatar
Elizabeth C. Feb 06, 2020 125 views

What steps do I need to follow to become a Narcotics Officer?

Currently training on protection services #law-enforcement...

#police

brian M.’s Avatar
brian M. Feb 03, 2020 200 views
Thomas B.’s Avatar
Thomas B. Dec 31, 2019 392 views

on a scale from 1 to 10 how hard is being a police officer and why?

I am a junior in high school going to be a police officer later on in life. #law-enforcement #police-officer...

#police

joseph R.’s Avatar
joseph R. Nov 15, 2019 227 views

What will it be like to get shot with a taser as a law-enforcement officer?

I understand that as a law-enforcement officer you sometimes have to consent to being tased as part of your training. What is that like? #law-enforcement #police-officer...

#police

joseph R.’s Avatar
joseph R. Nov 15, 2019 149 views

What would it be like to be a cop?

i have always been interested in being a cop #coplife #law-enforcement...

#police

Alaina H.’s Avatar
Alaina H. Dec 12, 2019 188 views
Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. Nov 14, 2019 264 views

Is attendance important when becoming a police officer?

I’m a junior in high school and I have always wanted to be a police officer. I’m concerned because I feel like I miss quite a few days and I’m worried it will affect my career. #police #police-officer...

#law-enforcement

Isaiah B.’s Avatar
Isaiah B. Oct 25, 2019 144 views

What type Sacrifices did you hate to give up but did it anyways to be in the law enforcement?

I want to bring joy to the world. Be the voice for those who don't have one. want to show that the concepts of the country aren't always bad just how we go about them.#police #law-enforcement...

#criminal-justice

Bernice G.’s Avatar
Bernice G. Sep 18, 2019 115 views

How do you advance in the police detective field?

I am currently in training for protective services and I would like to learn more. #police...

#cop

Bernice G.’s Avatar
Bernice G. Sep 18, 2019 127 views

What do you like the most about being a police detective?

I would like to know more about the field, I am currently in training for protective services. #police...

#detective

Bernice G.’s Avatar
Bernice G. Sep 18, 2019 127 views

What is a typical day as a police detective?

I am currently a student in training in protective services that would like to know more about this career. #police...

#detective

Alexis M.’s Avatar
Alexis M. Sep 06, 2019 215 views

Could you describe a typical work day

I am about being all over the place and being excited to find out what’s next that I could come up to on an everyday workday ....

#police

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 15, 2019 288 views

Police Explorer Program or Civil Air Patrol?

I'm trying to decide on which after school program I should. I don't want to take both since I already have a job, and I plan on taking a lot of AP classes, and joining athletics teams. After high school, first, I'm going to get a mechanical engineering degree, with an emphasis on either...

#law-enforcement #civil-engineering #mechanical #military #social-work #marines #police #aerospace-engineering #marketing #mechanical-engineering #air-force #lawyer #civil-air-patrol #first-responder #mechanical-engineer #engineering