Career Questions tagged Police

Working as a police officer requires completion of an academy and a probation period. Careers within the police force range from a detective, crime scene investigator, or a school resource...

Kristen P.’s Avatar
Kristen P. Apr 09, 2018 224 views

How often do they hire new forensic scientist?

I want to know how many they hire to know if I actually might have a chance to be hired in the future. #forensic #forensics #police #law-enforcement #science #csi...

#forensic-science

Derek B.’s Avatar
Derek B. Apr 12, 2018 262 views

How do I get qualified for law enforcement?

Senior in high school and interesting in law enforcement. #police #law-enforcement #detective...

#criminal-justice

Steven G.’s Avatar
Steven G. May 22, 2018 245 views
Cheyenne P.’s Avatar
Cheyenne P. May 21, 2018 357 views

In what ways could I better prepare for law enforcement or fire academy?

I am preparing to go into both police and fire academy (one after the other). I have a degree in Criminology and have taken fire science courses at my college. I attend a weekly workout program through a local agency. Do you have any other suggestions on ways to prepare or different subjects to...

#police #police-academy #law-enforcement #academy #career #advice #fire-academy #firefighting

Cheyenne P.’s Avatar
Cheyenne P. May 21, 2018 309 views

How do you handle conflict surrounding the job?

I am in the application process for a couple of different law enforcement agencies. I still live at home and have family members who are current or retired law enforcement. I have tried being open about the process and how it will work after I graduate from academy, but there is no way I'm...

#law #conflict #police #police-academy #advice #criminal-justice #law-enforcement

Bryan T.’s Avatar
Bryan T. Jan 16, 2018 313 views

Will joining the police force after college affect my job placement?

I'm in a music business program to hopefully work in a recording studio and run FOH audio for bands, and I'm curious if joining the police force right after school would affect my opportunities in these fields. #audio-engineering #production #music #law-enforcement #police...

#audio

liz M.’s Avatar
liz M. Jan 12, 2018 345 views

After college what does it take to become a police officer?

i am a student in high school and i am trying to figure out what it takes to be a #police #police-and-law-enforcement...

#law-enforcement

bilquis F.’s Avatar
bilquis F. May 07, 2016 999 views

How do I become an IPS officer?

Kailey K.’s Avatar
Kailey K. Mar 25, 2018 428 views

Is it worth it to get a Master's in Law Enforcement?

I'm currently attending Western Illinois University. About a quarter of the entire student body are Law Enforcement majors. I feel like a lot of the professors are pushing students to get a Master's Degree in Law Enforcement. How beneficial do you think this would be? #masters-degree...

#law-enforcement #leja #police #college-major

Kailey K.’s Avatar
Kailey K. Mar 25, 2018 220 views

What does an aspiring cop have to look forward to in the coming years?

With public relations and police seemingly at odds, what does someone aspiring to join the force have to look forward to? It seems like the swinging pendulum is going fast and faster between liking the police and hating them. The pendulum swing is normal over time, but due to the 24-hour news...

#law-enforcement #criminal-justice #police

Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. Jan 03, 2018 465 views
samuel M.’s Avatar
samuel M. Nov 13, 2017 499 views

What is a cop?

joseph V.’s Avatar
joseph V. Nov 16, 2017 444 views

How do I become a police officer when I grow up

My whole I've been dreaming of being a police officer. What do I need to do to be one. How many years does it take to train and become a police officer. #police-and-law-enforcement #law-enforcement...

#police

Brenda R.’s Avatar
Brenda R. Nov 08, 2017 415 views
Katelyn S.’s Avatar
Katelyn S. Nov 22, 2017 384 views

Are Criminal Justice Summer Internships a thing? Should I seek one out?

I am asking because I plan to go into law enforcement. I want to know if these internships exist and if it is recommended I seek one out. Where do I even look? #law-enforcement #police #internships #police-and-law-enforcement #law-enforcement-internships...

#chicago-police

jayaprasad yadav K.’s Avatar
jayaprasad yadav K. May 02, 2016 630 views

How do I become an IAS Officer?

I'm interested in learning how to become an IAS Officer in India. #police #ias #military...

#government

Dawanna L.’s Avatar
Dawanna L. Aug 31, 2017 377 views

What steps do I take to become a police officer?

I want to become a police officer to help the people in my city stay safe.Whats the best way I can get there? I already know that I can go to school for criminal justice for 2 years.I also know that I will have to go to the police academy.Can you tell me where to start my journey?...

#criminal-justice #police-officer #police

june W.’s Avatar
june W. Aug 31, 2017 305 views

How do I become a police officer?

I want to become a police officer so I can help people in need and solve crime. How can i become a great police officer . What are the main duties of an officer. What is the best route to become a police officer? #police #police-officer #police-and-law-enforcement...

#police-academy

june W.’s Avatar
june W. Aug 31, 2017 378 views

What is the best way to become a detective?

I want to become a detective to help investigate and solve serious crimes. What is the best way to get there .To become a detective do someone work up to the career or start from college. What is the best route to become a detective? #detective #police #criminal-justice #criminal-law...

#criminal-investigations

Stevie W.’s Avatar
Stevie W. Aug 29, 2017 466 views

What is the most direct route to become a detective?

I want to become a detective to help investigate and solve serious crimes. What is the best way to get there? I know there are 2 year and 4 year criminal justice degrees. I have also heard experience in the police force is required first and you have to get promoted up to detective. What is...

#criminal-justice #police #detective

josh H.’s Avatar
josh H. May 24, 2016 394 views
josh H.’s Avatar
josh H. May 04, 2016 464 views

How much do you get paid as a : 1) police officer and 2) sheriff in California starting off?

Do different regions pay more and is there a benefit to joining one over the other? #police...

#law-enforcement

syed ansaar S.’s Avatar
syed ansaar S. May 03, 2016 424 views
jovanny H.’s Avatar
jovanny H. May 17, 2016 513 views

How many arrests did you have to do per year?

i'm saying this question beacouse i want to catch bad guys hahaha #police #law-enforcement...

#police-officer

prajwal L.’s Avatar
prajwal L. May 06, 2016 515 views

How do I make my dreams in life come true?

My dream is to be a police officer. How do I make that dream come true? #college #career #police...

#government

josiah L.’s Avatar
josiah L. May 12, 2017 452 views

Where do you go to school to be a policeman.

Because i would like to be a policeman....

#police

Bruce W.’s Avatar
Bruce W. Feb 08, 2017 495 views

How long do you have to go to college to become a police officer?

I am interested in becoming a law enforcement officer and I am interested in whether I would have to go to college as well as how long I woul dbe in college if becoming a LEO is my goal. #police...

#law-enforcement