Career questions tagged higher-education

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Ivy234 views

How can I overcome my fear of math and build the necessary skills for nursing Are there resources or support systems available for students like me who struggle with math?

I've been contemplating a major in nursing, but I'm grappling with the fact that math has always been a struggle for me. Throughout school, I've often felt embarrassed about my difficulties with math, to the point where seeking help became daunting. Despite my best efforts, I haven't grasped math concepts since elementary school. Considering the math requirements for nursing, I can't shake the feeling that my weakness in math might hinder my ability to become a nurse. It's disheartening when others seem to understand what's going on in the classroom, and I feel left behind. I want to address this challenge head-on and not let it define my future. How can I overcome my fear of math and build the necessary skills for nursing? Are there resources or support systems available for students like me who struggle with math? Sharing my story feels vulnerable, but I want to ensure that I can pursue my passion for nursing despite this obstacle.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Benson439 views

why is it hard to get a career advisor?

How do i start?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rebekah437 views

What is a good career working with marine animals if I struggle with math and biology?

I am very interested in sharks and all marine life. I want to find a career working with marine animals. However, I struggle very much with math and biology. I'm not sure what jobs will be good for me to pursue. Or what type of education I should be looking at getting.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Marina241 views

How good do optometrists have to be at writing (essays)?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaac315 views

How can I start my own business?

What do I need to start my own business?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jalyce259 views

what is the best college to attend and what advice would you give as a college student?

i want to know what colleges are the best to attend for my career of choice which is to be a certified athletic trainer.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jackson208 views

Does it cot alot to get a PHD?

I love everything about science and i was thinging about being an applied pycisist.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Austin305 views

Hello I am a young adult (21) and I need help finding a career for me?

I’m looking for a career that I can, enjoy and make a healthy living off of I enjoy, quantum physics, and astronomy, but I also enjoy computer science and general script writing. I am having a hard time figuring out where to go in life and what to do if anyone has any good ideas I would really appreciate it I just need to find a clear career goal.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Emma270 views

what is best source online to learn math skills?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Larry311 views

Why is College important ?

I have been contemplating about pursuing higher education and have a lot of questions about college. I am curious about the application process, the different majors and programs offered, the types of financial aid available, the campus life, and the career prospects after graduation.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lydia491 views

How much money will I be making if I do decide to get my masters degree in nursing?

I need to be able to finically support myself.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Heaven607 views

Which University would be best for learning psychiatry?

I'm looking into being a Psychiatrist and was hoping for recommendations on where to go for higher education.

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sanilia541 views

seeking advice for scholarships and work-study programs

Currently planning to do my Cambridge A levels; the Oct/Nov 2024 session.. Thinking of heading abroad for university, ideally with a fully funded scholarship—Google's not been much help. Also, I'm eyeing a mix of university and work alongside, focusing on Human Resource Management (HRM).Any tips on scholarship hunts or HRM programs that could help me fund my university journey if i couldnt find a satisfactory scholarship.Could use a hand figuring this out!<3

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
sam592 views

how to sign up for college?

how to sign up for college? I when to go to college but I do not know what to do and I do not know how to sing up for college can you help me

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hugo359 views

I am taking intro to modeling in stats and I am wondering where can I find data sets to use to practice coding with R ?

I have been coding with R for one semester and I have dealt with a few data sets in class

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sherry439 views

What do I do to have a higher chance of getting in a computer science university?

I’m in the 11th grade, my grades are just a bit above average but I haven’t don’t any experience with computer science. I also don’t live in an area where I can easily make connections to work with computer science.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sage265 views

What is the best way to improve my computer science which will impress and catch the college's eye?

I am a high school student who loves science and sometimes math. I am an athlete, musician, in stem courses, stem clubs, debate, and much more. I am very indecisive of my career choices, so I want to know how much I can excel in the careers paths I am interested in.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
jo302 views

how do you get into princeton?

i wanna know how to get into princeton

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chloe260 views

Does real estate or architecture have better money and opportunity?

I’m considering both real estate and architecture, which one do you think has better opportunities? I enjoy architecture but I also am unsure about where I want to attend college.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
lincoln211 views

how can I make good money?

get a good degree

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
William196 views

What should we do to be prepared for the future after theoretical learning and study?

higher education

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lisbeth140 views

What I want to do after high school?

I would like to be a journaliste

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
hannah268 views

Why is college so stressful and why doesn't highshool teach you how to prepare for the real world?

What is the purpose of high school if it isn't to prepare teens for the real world? Is it just to study and learn universally even if it doesn't help everyone?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Maria401 views

how is college? whats th ebst major

how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?how is college?

answer icon13 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samuel268 views

Am not a high school graduate but I want to succeed with my skill and talent how do I go about this in though it hurt me a lot and cause me pain?

How to succeed the ridiculous of life without formal education

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samantha200 views

Should I quit doing an elite sport to focus on paid internships and academic opportunities? Is this a better look for college?

I am in 10th grade and I have been committed to this sport since I was seven years old.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Braedon243 views

How can I become a Fire Crew Supervisor by 35?

My goals in life are to be a Frontline Fire Fighter, then continue to Fire Crew Supervisor, and after if I still have time get my Doctorate in Forestry Preservation and teach as a professor.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aidan334 views

How does one maintain a healthy work/life balance so that the demands of a career or academic goal do not stifle other passions?

I have always had a desire to acquire a deeper understanding of our natural world and its living processes at a molecular level. I am applying to college to pursue Biochemistry/Molecular Biology, with the hope of one day attending graduate school or even taking the Medical sciences route. I know that this will be a challenging endeavor and I am fearful that the workload and long hours will dampen my passion for Science or even stifle other areas of my life that I treasure, like my friendships, sailing and playing hockey. How do professionals maintain that healthy balance so that their studies or jobs do not become their whole identities?

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kristen231 views

Any tips on how to decide what subject to teach?

I want to know what the steps are to become a teacher. Im kind of at a wall right now because Im not sure what grade or subject I would like to teach. I spoke with my counselors and they said I could get enrolled on classes so I can switch between grades as I want later on in the future. Has anyone gone about this path? Was the workload doable? Was it worth it to get double credentialed?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chloe147 views

What should I do after high school to prepare myself for real estate?

I am wanting to go into real estate for my future job after high school, what should I study? What do I need to take? Where should I go?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon