Career Questions tagged Higher Education

Higher education can include universities, academies, conservatories, institutes of technology, and many more. Please read below for more information.

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 14, 2017 230 views

What was the result of IIT JAM 2017?

Is there anyone who can share the previous year cut off and result of #iit JAM? #studying #exam #india #time-management #higher-education...

#school-counseling

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 12, 2017 417 views

Will joining IIT JAM Coaching be beneficial for preparation?

As we all know that the #iit JAM 2018 Exam will be held on 11 February 2018. So, there are only few days are left to prepare for the exam. I’m also preparing for JAM Exam, and still not completed my syllabus and confused that should I joint IIT JAM 2018 Coaching or self-study is sufficient to...

#india #time-management #exam #studying #higher-education #tutoring #school-counseling

RAVI M.’s Avatar
RAVI M. Oct 09, 2017 261 views

How to get best study material for IIT JAM Preparation?

I want to get best study material to get higher rank in #jam 2018 Exam. #studying #exam #india #time-management #higher-education...

#school-counseling

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16 144 views

Debate vs AP Literature and Composition

In my school instead of a Language Arts Class, you can take Debate. Would it be better to be on Debate and the Debate team, or should I stick with a hard class like APLAC? I also have the option of taking college English or Business Communications. What's the option for college applications?...

#english #high-school #debate #writing #teacher #writer #college #student #educator #school #military #author #any #classes #schedule #higher-education #acting #air-force #ap

Sophia W.’s Avatar
Sophia W. Oct 17, 2018 181 views

Can you be a licensed Speech Language Pathologist in multiple states?

I am planning to first get a bachelor degree in either communicative disorders or speech language pathology and then pursue a master's degree in Speech Language Pathology. I understand that there is a requirement to pass state licensing in order to practice in California. I wondered if there's...

#speech-pathology #higher-education #college-major #college #licensing

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 190 views

When becoming a college professor, is it more beneficial to start at a 4-year or transfer from a 2-year?

I want to know if it would be better for me to go to a 4-year college right off the bat when wanting to become a professor so I can familiarize myself when professors there who can help me. Or transfer from a community/2-year college to a 4-year. (based around finances) #college-professor...

#community-college #professors #higher-education #professor

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018 196 views

What are the chances of getting recruited and playing a collegiate sport?

I have been running track almost my whole life. I am somewhat good nationally and exceptional at my school district. I have done well in the past but this year I performed badly. #career-choice #higher-education...

#sports

Aileen H.’s Avatar
Aileen H. Aug 20, 2018 169 views
Vivian A.’s Avatar
Vivian A. Aug 19, 2018 156 views

How many years in collage does it take to be an Ophthalmologist?

Just not sure! I want to be an ophthalmologist when I grow up but, I don’t know how many years in collage does it take to be one?? If anyone has an answer please let me know!! #doctor #higher-education...

#classes

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jun 15, 2018 258 views

How much do college professors get paid?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #college...

#higher-education #professor #salary #higher-ed

Ellena B.’s Avatar
Ellena B. May 24, 2016 377 views

What college electives would be beneficial to me if I want to be a post-secondary teacher?

I aspire to be a college professor, which I realized requires much dedication and time, all that I am willing to put in. I want to know what electives I should take or perhaps campus jobs that would help prepare me for this career. #professor #jobs #electives #teaching #university-teaching...

#higher-education #college #post-secondary

Samantha D.’s Avatar
Samantha D. May 24, 2018 265 views

How do I decipher Passion vs. Talent?

Not to be intentially cocky, but I’m a pretty good writer. My teachers have all told me that I need to study English and pursue journalism, and my ACT writing scores prove that that’s a likely possibility for me. I think I would be well equipped to go into a profession of writing, but I’m not...

#higher-education

Arielle B.’s Avatar
Arielle B. May 12, 2018 228 views

To what extent does having a doctorates degree affect a person ability to get a high paying job?

I plan to earn a masters in the trade of my interest, but I was wondering if working for a doctorate is a worthwhile pursuit in regards to my career....

#higher-education

Stephanie P.’s Avatar
Stephanie P. Apr 26, 2018 264 views

Will I be able to complete academic research in a field with only a master’s degree, or should I plan to earn a doctorate?

I want to continue to study the relationships between education, psychology, and the ongoing digital revolution. It’s my current goal to be an online college instructor with a master’s degree in education and technology. #higher-education #education #technology #career #onlinelearning...

#masters-degree #masters #instructional-technology #teacher #future-careers #elearning #instructor #instruction

Renee R.’s Avatar
Renee R. Apr 26, 2018 258 views

Does passion outweigh income?

Considering that school is expensive, is it worth it to get a degree in something you love, or something that will make you the most amount of money? Is it actually possible to find a combination of the two? #higher-education #moneyoverpassion...

#passionovermoney

Larissa G.’s Avatar
Larissa G. Apr 24, 2018 200 views

Why are PsyD programs so under-funded?

I'm upset that even as a doctorate student I won't be funded #college #higher-education #doctorate-degree...

#finance

Daeja S.’s Avatar
Daeja S. Mar 19, 2018 230 views

Is it possible to still get into a good college if you have Cs and below or under a 3.0

Because this is literally me rn, the struggle is SO real. Also, I'm in 11th grade so I wanna know if its already too late and I should fling myself into the sun, or if I still have time. #higher-education #gpa...

Kevin G.’s Avatar
Kevin G. Jan 17, 2018 217 views

Which colleges focus more on academics and make learning fun?

I would like to know this because I dont want to go to a boring school and have no fun while studying my major. #college #education #higher-education #college-teaching...

#university-teaching

Cortney L.’s Avatar
Cortney L. Jan 16, 2018 241 views
Josephine K.’s Avatar
Josephine K. Jan 16, 2018 293 views

How can low income students be encouraged to pursue a higher education?

Few people that I have visited living in a low income community have made the excuse that the lack of them being successful is the reason behind how less resourceful their community is. But, In my perspective that reason is invalid because I also live in a low income community. For that...

#higher-education #college #education #community #low-income #social-activism

Evelyn D.’s Avatar
Evelyn D. Jan 16, 2018 204 views

Besides a Master’s in Philosophy, what can help me become a University Philosophy teacher?

Are there other things that can help my prospects on becoming a University Philosophy teacher? #philosophy #higher-education...

#professor

Evelyn D.’s Avatar
Evelyn D. Jan 16, 2018 198 views

What more is to becoming a Philosophy Professor for a University?

I was wondering what other things beside teaching maybe expected from a Philosophy Professor at a University. #philosophy #professor #higher-education #instructor...

Daniella K.’s Avatar
Daniella K. Jan 16, 2018 259 views

How important is going to graduate school?

Many successful people seem to have made it in life outside of the school and degree system. Is the investment in time and money with it? #graduate-school #phd...

#higher-education