Career Questions tagged Speechpathology

Asya M.’s Avatar
Asya M. Jul 17 51 views

Can anyone shed light on what your experience has been like having a clinical doctoral degree for speech pathology? Since attaining your SLPD, have you experienced any differences in the treatment you receive as an SLP?

I just recently learned that there was such thing as an SLPD, so I was wondering if any current SLPs can attest to their thoughts on a speech pathologist getting their SLPD. What was the process like? Did this new degree bring any additional pros/cons to the job? Do you believe that the degree...

#speechpathology #clinicaldoctor #slpd #july20

Asya M.’s Avatar
Asya M. Jul 17 58 views

As an aspiring SLP, is it possible to simultaneously work as a medical SLP and a school-based SLP, or would it be more beneficial to do one before the other?

Hi! I’m very interested in working with those with special needs, though I’m also interested in working in a medical setting where I will be able to learn from other healthcare professionals while I work (hence my interest in both school-based and medical speech-language pathology). I was...

#slp #healthcare #speechpathology #july20