Career Questions tagged Slp

Marie E.’s Avatar
Marie E. Aug 24, 2020 233 views

what is it like to talk to a deaf person as a speech-language pathologist?

I was learning how to do sign language and i was just wondering how like the deaf and blind person understand it supportthedeafandblind speech-therapy speech asl slp...

speech-pathology

Zamantha F.’s Avatar
Zamantha F. Jul 24, 2020 188 views

What is it like being a Bilingual Speech Language Pathologist?

Hi, I am trying to gain more insight on the bilingual aspect in the SLP workplace. I am almost certain that I want to be a bilingual SLP and help service my community, but I am not sure how that would look like. If anyone would like to help me and give me some pros and cons of working primarily...

july20 slp bilingual language speech-pathology

Asya M.’s Avatar
Asya M. Jul 17, 2020 136 views

As an aspiring SLP, is it possible to simultaneously work as a medical SLP and a school-based SLP, or would it be more beneficial to do one before the other?

Hi! I’m very interested in working with those with special needs, though I’m also interested in working in a medical setting where I will be able to learn from other healthcare professionals while I work (hence my interest in both school-based and medical speech-language pathology). I was...

july20 speechpathology slp healthcare

Asya M.’s Avatar
Asya M. May 22, 2020 216 views

Are there any careers out there that combine speech-language pathology (SLP) and applied behavior analysis (ABA) ?

I’m extremely interested in becoming an SLP out of my interest in improving the communicative/throat-related functional abilities of individuals with special needs, but I also have an interest in helping individuals with special needs have an overall better quality of life through applied...

aba career-path specialneeds slp

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06, 2019 335 views

How to prepare for SLP clinical fellowship year interview?

What are some tips for preparing for a Speech-Language Pathology clinical fellowship year interview? speechlanguagepathology slp interviews speechtherapy speech-pathology speech clinical...

fellowship

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06, 2019 175 views

How to prepare for the Speech-Language Pathology Praxis?

What are the best study guides, books, and online resources to score well on the SLP praxis? Are there any decent free resources? praxis speechlanguagepathology...

slp

Miranda C.’s Avatar
Miranda C. Jan 05, 2018 1056 views

How can I be an SLP that incorporates ASL in my practice?

Hi there! I've studied ASL all through high school and college (I'm a senior in college now), originally double majoring in ASL and speech pathology - now just majoring in SLP and minoring in ASL. I desperately want to incorporate ASL into being an SLP, but I've had professors tell me it's...

speech-language-pathology asl slp american-sign-language