Career Questions tagged Interviews

Interviews happen with a potential employer. They can be stressful. Look through the questions and answers and see if any apply to your current interview question. For more information, please...

Esteban B.’s Avatar
Esteban B. Sep 10

How can I improve the odds of getting an interview through the ATS?

Student of NPower trying to choose the right opportunity at the right place. #interviews #career-counseling...

#job-search

Greg B.’s Avatar
Greg B. Aug 13

What are some strategies or tips for building a network while searching for an internship?

Building a network has been one of the hardest things I have had to do. At times it makes me question my abilities. How does someone maintain confidence while searching for an internship (getting denied a lot) but trying to build a network with the same people? #internship #networking...

#interviews #business

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. May 06

How to prepare for SLP clinical fellowship year interview?

What are some tips for preparing for a Speech-Language Pathology clinical fellowship year interview? #speechlanguagepathology #slp #interviews #speechtherapy #speech-pathology #speech #clinical...

#fellowship

Terrell T.’s Avatar
Terrell T. May 21
David C.’s Avatar
David C. May 10
Destinee J.’s Avatar
Destinee J. Apr 30
khamira W.’s Avatar
khamira W. Apr 30
david B.’s Avatar
david B. Apr 17
Sael S.’s Avatar
Sael S. Mar 31
J F.’s Avatar
J F. Mar 05

How should I prepare for interviews?

I've heard that books such as Cracking the Coding Interview are good prep for #tech #interviews as well as solving problems on Hackerrank and Leetcode. Are these helpful, and are there any other ways I can prepare...

Antonea C.’s Avatar
Antonea C. Feb 27
Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Dec 29, 2018

Is it ok to give a generic answer to an interview question?

I am always stuck on the interview question asking me to tell the interviewers a time I was working in a group that I demonstrated leadership skills. The only answer I can come up with is the ghosting of a member and how I reached out to the member to resolve the problem. Is this answer too...

#interviews #advice #career #job-application

Ashley W.’s Avatar
Ashley W. Nov 19, 2018

What are the hardships of a women becoming an architect?

I’m a sophomore looking at possible career choices, but I want to know all the possible hardships I could face and what might happen if I were to join architecture. #architecture #architect #interviews...

#career

Bryan M.’s Avatar
Bryan M. Oct 31, 2018

During networking events, what questions can I ask to build meaningful relationships that also keep conversations going for along time?

In a general context, however what would be examples of questions to ask Healthcare IT professionals that can help you learn more about thier department and why they do what they do? #human-resources #interviews...

#business

Cierra M.’s Avatar
Cierra M. Oct 15, 2018

In a job interview, I often hear that despite it being illegal, there are questions such as age and sexuality asked. What is a good way to get around this?

According to various sources (including personal contacts), interviewers sometimes break the law in terms of personal questioning. Of course that would make the interview difficult, and so I wonder what some tips are to help cirumvent this. #job #interviews #career...

#job-search

Cori C.’s Avatar
Cori C. Oct 06, 2018

How should I dress for college interviews?

I am a female and wondering what type of attire to wear for interviews at colleges looking to be accepted into a 3+3 DPT program as incoming freshman. #interviews #college...

#dress-for-success

Tomiris K.’s Avatar
Tomiris K. Oct 05, 2018

How to learn work ethics and become more confident entering the workspace?

I have worked as a research assistant, primarily communicating only with my mentor and doing it online. What are some helpful tips once I start working with more people? #internship #interviews #workspace #workethics #work #job # #career #relationship...

#colleague

Samuel F.’s Avatar
Samuel F. Aug 29, 2018
Sarah S.’s Avatar
Sarah S. Aug 21, 2018

How to nail an interview?

What are your best tips for being successful in an interview? I'm in college and thinking about having to start applying for real jobs once I graduate and even for internships etc. and need some help! #interviews #interviewing-skills...

#interview-preparation

Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jun 22, 2018

How should I prepare for a Consulting Case Interview?

I'm interested in management consulting. How should I prepare for the case portion of interview? I haven't taken any business classes, although I have taken micro economics and macro economics. #consulting #interviews #case-interview...

#management-consulting