Career questions tagged nurse

The role of a nurse is a core role within a hospital as well as other medical institutions. A nurse will care for patients, ensure doctors are prepared, and communicate with families. There are over 100 different roles for a Nurse. For more information, please... Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours300 views

Looking for scholarships for biology or nurse pa?

Note: this question was asked anonymously by a student

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Margaret190 views

What does a day in the life of a nurse look like?

Hours worked on average, daily tasks.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Margaret212 views

what are some helpful pre-courses for nursing?

high school classes, extra college classes

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kali515 views

What is it like to be a forensic nurse What were the college classes like? ?

I'm interested in becoming a forensic nurse so I can help people and for my own personal reasons, yet I see people who are in med schools and the workload seems to be too much. Though I will say I'm good with organization and managing stress, I worry it may be too much. If I do take this path, what would I be in for?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sheila423 views

Can you apply to a school for a BSN right after high school?

I'm a Junior in high school and I was doing some research on registered nurses. I am interested in becoming a nurse but I wanted to know if you can go straight to a school to become a nurse after graduating high school. Also, do you have to get your associate's in nursing first to get a BSN?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
stella685 views

what does a nurse skills needed and how get pay

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
stella502 views

joy wolske

what skills does a nurse need

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
deana481 views

What do you think is the best way to become a nurse midwife ? Should I become a labor and delivery nurse and than go back to school and become a midwife ?

I’m a senior in high school, and need help with the best route to become a nurse midwife but i’m confused and overwhelmed about the process and what you think is the best practical way to get to my end goal.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
samaya261 views

whats the best path to take when you want to become a nurse?

whats the best path to take when you want to become a nurse

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Emily297 views

How much does a nurse make in a year?

What are the typical duties and responsibilities of a registered nurse?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ashlynn465 views

How long do you go to college to be a Midwife?

I'm wanting to get advice from an actual Midwife because they went through the experience in college to become one.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yessybel371 views

How has your career path evolved since becoming a Registered Nurse, and what advice do you have for someone starting in this field to navigate and excel in their nursing career?

I'm currently enrolled in trade school, pursuing a career in healthcare to become a Registered Nurse. I am particularly interested in gaining insights from experienced Registered Nurses to better understand the nuances of the profession.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lydia490 views

How much money will I be making if I do decide to get my masters degree in nursing?

I need to be able to finically support myself.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
laniya530 views

How does a career in health care effect your mental health?

I want to be a peds nurse or anesthetists I know working in a career like that can be very tolling.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
karen236 views

I am wondering if I start off being a midwife, is there a way I can switch in middle to a nurse midwife? Also, how much years off school total is it to be a midwife, and a nurse midwife? What is the difference between them? Thanks!

I am in 10th grade, and I am interested in the field of labor and delivery. I find women to be amazing and I would love to be part of the process, to bring more babies into this world! I am interested in Biology and anatomy and physiology.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Valeria349 views

What is the hardest thing about being a labor and delivery nurse or or any nurse in general.

Ive always had this career in the back of my head but never really thought about it until I started reasearching more about it. I have always liked the idea with working with babies even tho that is not what nurses do all the time but just the idea of being around them sometimes sounds like the ideal job. Helping mothers too who are in labor or just helping people in general.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Caroline574 views

What is a labor and delivery nurse?

Do labor and delivery nurses have to deal With bad smells

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ryley750 views

Are new grad nurses prepared to know how to work in their environment?

Im a senior in high school and want to go into nursing. Today, for the first time, with no previous experiences, I shadowed an ICU nurse. It was a cool experience but scary with how much knowledge of machines, technology and charting you have to know how to work? I was truly wondering if any nurses out there can reassure how they feel about that when they were a new grad? Does nursing school truly prepare you for the experience of what to do and how to not bye lost? It just seemed like A LOT!

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
melissa372 views

how can i become more than a CNA right after high school?

I love helping the elder and i really want to become a nurse assistant.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rhianna282 views

Is it true that Psych NP's aren't really recognized in Canada?

I am a canadian high school student going into nursing, and I really would like to become a psych nurse practitioner and felt I resonated with this career path. However I have come to the realization that Canada , or ontario at least doesnt really recoognize psych nps as a specialty, and only offers primary care, adult and peds np's. Is this in all provinces? Just want some insight from any canadain NP's.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Arianna253 views

What is the hardest part about being a registered nurse?

I am researching for my class about careers we would like to eventually have. I would like to be an RN someday and want to know some more information.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Max147 views

How does Tourette’s work with work ?

How. Dose this work

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kaitlyn185 views

As a high school pre-nursing student, how do I know if becoming a nurse is the right career for me?

I have been a pre nursing student since I was 15 years old (almost 3 years). While I love learning new things in the healthcare field, I sometimes wonder if I'm taking all these college classes for nothing.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sophia215 views

How do I get started in my nursing career?

I want to eventually work my way up to becoming a neonatal nurse.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tali133 views

how do I become a nurse and become a lawyer afterwards

how do i become a nurse?? can i become both a doctor as well as a nurse? can i do both or will that impact my job hours and stress levels??

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Betsy248 views

How competitive is the field of nursing and why?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aharon98 views

Is it better for me to enroll in a 4 to 8 week CNA program, or a 32 to 34 week PCT program which can prepare me for becoming a PICU nurse.? Or Is it a better decision to go to EMT taring to prepare me for my PICU nurse career.? I am really stressing about the licenses and classes I must take in order to become a PICU nurse, I need someone to please lay it out step by step please. If I want to start off as a CNA nurse can I work with Pediatric, and adolescent patients, or do I need to work with adult patients. What is an HS.

I finished High school and I do have a diploma, and graduated with a 3.63 GPA. I do believe the CNA program requires one to take an exam with about 70 multiple choice and reading questions, is this true.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kailyn257 views

As a high school student what nursing schools are best to apply to?

As a high school student, what nursing schools are the best to apply to? How to apply to nursing school’s professionally in order to get in to the program?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gabriella170 views

What are the shifts like as a nureology nurse?

Do you work long hours as a neurology nurse or are they quick and easy shifts? Do you do the same things every day or is there something new every day?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nathan305 views

- Why did you pick to be a CRNA? -What department are you in? -What does your work week consist of as a CRNA? -What is the favorite part of ur job CRNA? -What Skill would you say you need as a CRNA?

Please respond

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon