Career Questions tagged Medical

There are a large number of careers in the Medical field. Some of the most popular include Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, Optician, and various careers focused on medical technology. To learn...

Aneri S.’s Avatar
Aneri S. May 17 44 views

How do I find volunteer placements as phlebotomists/medical laboratory technician?

I live in North York. I complete my masters degree in medical laboratory technology specialist in clinical biochemistry which is equivalent to Canadian masters degree. I have 3 years experience as medical technologist including phlebotomy and 1 year experience as Genetics technician. I am...

#medical

Leslie M.’s Avatar
Leslie M. May 01 93 views

Should I take anatomy and physiology along with Pharmacology and Nutrition?

Hello there So in summer I term which starts 06/04/2020 and ends on 07/01/2020 I will plan to take anatomy and physiology level 2 which is 4 credits in 5 weeks. Now along with that class, I'm planning (or deciding) whether or not I should take pharmacology which is 3 credits. However, there...

#college #nurse #books #fashion #careeradvice #medical #courses #medicine #nursing #summer #library #anatomy #summerterm #career #help

Makayla H.’s Avatar
Makayla H. May 14 41 views

What are different types of neuroscience careers you can get with an MD?

I am in my last year of undergraduate for a neuroscience major and just started thinking I want to do pre-med. But, I am struggling with what speciality I would wanna do with an in MD related to neuroscience . I am very interested in forensics so like forensic neuropathology (but scared I might...

#md #medical #doctor #medical-school #neuroscience #forensicneuropathology #neuropsychology #forensic #pre-med #neuropathology #forensicneuropsychology

On Ni L.’s Avatar
On Ni L. May 14 47 views

Where can I look for shadowing opportunities from a GP/ a specialist?

I am Annie, a year 3 student studying business administration and law at the University of Hong Kong, but it has always been my passion to enter a medical school and serve as a surgeon in the future. I am looking into applying for MD at Duke-NUS upon graduation of my current degree. And I would...

#pre-med #doctor #mcat #medical #medicine #healthcare

Lin Y.’s Avatar
Lin Y. May 13 58 views

What kind of extracurriculars should you do to get into medical school?

I am currently a third-year college student. My major is in Biology with Physiology as concentration. My minor is in Chinese Language. I am fairly confident in my education since my GPA is considerably high, however, I have absolutely no other experience since I have been focusing on my school...

#medical #medical-school

Nichelle E.’s Avatar
Nichelle E. May 12 64 views

What are the pros and cons of working in Medical Billing and Coding?

Hello, I am someone who is looking for a job where sitting down is ideal and less stressful than most jobs. I've heard that this type of job is ideal, but I would love to hear more hands-on experience in this line of work. #job #medical #billing #coding #office #stress #experience...

#advice

kyra D.’s Avatar
kyra D. May 11 40 views
Makayla R.’s Avatar
Makayla R. May 10 32 views

Will a sub specialty affect how long it takes to become a pediatrician?

Will you have to finish your sub specialty's course to be able to graduate or can you start your residency while learning? #pediatrician #medicine...

#medical

Gordon P.’s Avatar
Gordon P. May 08 68 views

How can I endeavour in my interests and thrive in the careers I want with this experience?

I am a year 12 student studying in the UK, but returned to HK temporarily. I am studying biology, chemistry, single math and Japanese at the moment, and I am considering nursing/medicine and other healthcare professions as my future career. I hope that I can learn more from volunteering and...

#nursing #science #medical #medicine #healthcare

Henry L.’s Avatar
Henry L. May 05 48 views
Irene M.’s Avatar
Irene M. May 04 88 views

Is the medical field for rich kids only?

As a pre medics student, sometimes I feel like the path I’m choosing it’s going to lead to my downfall #medical #medicine...

#doctor

farheen D.’s Avatar
farheen D. Apr 28 50 views

Steps to becoming a doctor

I got to community college and intend on transferring to UCLA to do biochemistry as my premed degree. How can I make myself a more competitive applicant? #college #doctor #premed #medical #medicine...

#communitycollege

Aghia M.’s Avatar
Aghia M. Apr 27 91 views

How can I find remote research/internship oportunities this summer?

Hi! I just finished my freshmen year of undergrad and was supposed to enroll in a research project this summer. unfortunately all the programs that I applied to are cancelled due to covid-19. was wondering if I could still find some online research related programs. #research #internship...

#medical #science

Sarah W.’s Avatar
Sarah W. Apr 25 44 views

How can I get shadowing opportunities for medical school?

I am a second-year Bioengineering major looking to get more involved in my future career field. #healthcare #medicine...

#medical

Kaitlyn R.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn R. Apr 25 50 views

Has COVID-19 affected the way a dermatologist is able to see their patients?

With a lot of businesses and schools closing down, everyone is pretty much trying to stay home and avoid contact with anyone from outside. I assume this has affected the way dermatologists and other doctors see their patients. #doctor #healthcare #medical #medicine #dermatology...

#dermatologist

Paola G.’s Avatar
Paola G. Apr 24 64 views

What does the normal routine of a nurse consist of? Has Covid-19 made the medical facilities less busy (due to people staying at home) or has it kept its level of intensity?

I'm very interested in working in a fast pace environment like the ER. I like the idea of how you'll be able to see all types of cases everyday. And how to deal with the patients and they are needing in the moment. #nursing #nurse #healthcare #college #medicine #medical #student...

#career

Stephanie C.’s Avatar
Stephanie C. Apr 24 65 views

What does the normal routine of a neonatal nurse consist of ? How was the COVID-19 impacted medical facilites, for example what are the work days looking like?

I'm very interested into going into a work field where I get to work with children and also care for them, more specifically newborns. #medicine #medical #nurse #nursing...

#healthcare