Career Questions tagged Medical

There are a large number of careers in the Medical field. Some of the most popular include Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, Optician, and various careers focused on medical technology. To learn...

kathy L.’s Avatar
kathy L. Jul 30 15 views

Whats a normal day for an anesthesiologist?

I'm trying to figure out what I might want to major in, at medical school. #anesthesiologist #doctor #medical #medicine...

#anesthesia

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 38 views

When do I begin studying for the MCAT?

I just finished my first year as an undergraduate student. I'm majoring in biochemistry and minoring in psychology. I know these two fields are very helpful for the MCAT. (I am very interested in those fields as well, so it was not the only reason I chose them.) When did you begin studying for...

#mcat #psychology #college #premed #biochemistry #medical #july20 #study #physician

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 28 171 views

Is it worth it?

Becoming a psychologist requires at least 12 years of studying, but I found out that they don't earn as much I thought they earn. Suppose I graduate from a prestigious university like Harvard med school, and then become a psychologist; will all the studying and hard work be worth it? Will I get...

#money #psychology #medical

Bayan K.’s Avatar
Bayan K. Jul 18 21 views

Advice for entering new field

I am a graduate of Medical Laboratory Science program and my interest in nanobiotechnology but I don't have experience yet. Do you recommend to do a postgraduate degree in nanotechnology or get experience first in the medical lab field? and what kind of entry level role? #july20 #postgraduate...

#nanotechnology #medical

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14 141 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#history #college #medical #writing

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 08 75 views

How do you deal with stressful work situations?

I want to know what helps you calm down during difficult situations. #career...

#medical

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 08 58 views
Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03 66 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#medicine #biology #research #medical

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. Jun 28 118 views

What is the difference between college and medical school? What does it mean to get into medical school straight out of high school?

I am currently an incoming junior in high school and I am planning on going into the medical field! Is it better to apply/get straight into medical school after high school as compared to going to college then medical school? What is the whole process like? #medicine #college #doctor #medical...

#healthcare

Charlotte Y.’s Avatar
Charlotte Y. Jun 28 75 views

What are BS/MD and BA/MD programs?

I am currently an incoming junior in high school and I am planning on going into the medical field! #medicine #medical #doctor #medical-school...

#hospital-and-health-care

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 27 135 views

What's the exact difference between a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a Neurologist?

I know the gist of the differences between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist...but it would really help to know the exact differences {including average salary differences} between these three branches. #psychiatry #psychology #counseling #neuroscience #medical #doctor...

#medicine

Jeannetta G.’s Avatar
Jeannetta G. Jun 25 100 views

What jobs are offered in a doctors office

I currently work at a pharmacy but i really want to start working around doctors or something that’s a little closer to my career choice. I want to learn a grown in my medical career #doctor #medicine #healthcare #medical...

#career-counseling

Charlize M.’s Avatar
Charlize M. Jun 24 121 views

What are some job prospects for a Neuroscience major?

I'm entering college in the fall and planning to major in Neuroscience on a pre-med track. Just in case I don't pursue going to medical school, I was wondering if there are any job prospects for this major, like a back-up plan? In all honesty, I'm fearful that I might pursue the wrong major...

#stem #neuroscience #healthcare #college #premed #medicalschool #college-major #medical #technology #medicine #major

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 17 113 views

What's after 12th??

>Indian >middle class family >biggest dream-- getting into harvard med school >psychology can someone tell me what i should do after 12th??? #doctor...

#medical

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 17 70 views

What can I do at my age that will help me succeed in getting into Harvard Medical school and becoming a doctor?

I'm 14, and my heart is with psychology. And getting admitted into Harvard Medical School is my BIGGEST dream. Since it is SO hard to get in, i feel like I should start doing something at this age itself to achieve my goal. can someone help? #psychology #medical #medical-education #doctor...

#harvardmed-school

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Jun 17 111 views

What are the differences between a nurse practitioner and a physician assistant?

Hello, I am a rising junior in high school who is interested in going into the medical field. However, I don't know what I want to be yet. I am currently looking into both of these careers. Which job in your opinion is "better" (in all aspects: salary, job opportunities, hours, etc.) #medicine...

#healthcare #doctor #nursing #medical #nurse #physician

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Jun 17 57 views

What do nurse practitioners do, and how can I become one?

Hello, I am a rising junior in high school who is interested in going into the medical field. However, I don't know what I want to be yet. I am currently looking into becoming a NP. #medicine #nurse #nursing #medical...

#healthcare

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Jun 17 49 views

What do physician assistants do, and how do I become one?

Hello, I am a rising junior in high school who is interested in going into the medical field. However, I don't know what I want to be yet. I am currently looking into becoming a PA. #medicine #medical #doctor #healthcare...

#physician

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Jun 16 167 views

What exactly is biomedical engineering, and what do people in this profession do?

Ever since I was little, I wanted to be a doctor. Now that I have become a high school student, I've done research about what it takes to go to medical school. Helping and interacting with others is what I want to do. Although, I don't think I have what it takes to go into medical school....

#healthcare #college #engineering #doctor #biomed #medical #biomedical #bio #medicine