Career Questions tagged Medical

There are a large number of careers in the Medical field. Some of the most popular include Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, Optician, and various careers focused on medical technology. To learn...

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jan 15 60 views

Getting into Biotech without Biotech related degree

I am a Psychology major graduating in Spring of 2022 and heavily considering getting my MBA after graduation. I discovered recently that I would like to work in business for a medical research/ biotech company in hopes of starting my own one day. But I am not sure if getting in this industry is...

#college #nanotechnology #career-choice #molecular-biology #biotech #business #medical #masters #medicine #medical-research #career #research #mba

Kendyl H.’s Avatar
Kendyl H. Dec 21, 2020 62 views

What are the salary ranges for veterinarians?

How much can you get a year being a veterinarian in your state? #medicine #medical #veterinarian #work #student #graduate-school...

#working-student

Kendyl H.’s Avatar
Kendyl H. Dec 21, 2020 81 views

What are good schools for a veterinary degree?

What schools offer the best training and education for a veterinary career? What schools are accredited that also aren’t difficult to be accepted to? #career #college #veterinarian #school #work #choice #medicine #medical #working...

Esmeralda S.’s Avatar
Esmeralda S. Dec 16, 2020 87 views

What do you on your normal or busy day as a nurse?

What different things do you do throughout your day? What are different types of things do you do like running tests or performing different types of skills. #medical #nurse #registerdnurse #medicine...

#healthcare

Esmeralda S.’s Avatar
Esmeralda S. Dec 07, 2020 109 views

What are your interest as a nurse and what excites you the most about being a nurse?

I would like to know what your interest as a nurse are and what excites the most about being a nurse. #nurse #medical #medicine...

#interests

Maria E.’s Avatar
Maria E. Dec 01, 2020 54 views

Fastest way to become a NP(Psych)

I want to become a Psych NP. I know there are many different programs and degrees to get that position. There's ADN,BSN,MSN,DNP. I want to get my DNP. What is the fastest way. #everyone #medical #medical-school...

#pre-med

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Nov 21, 2020 96 views

How difficult will it be to accumulate hours, without a gap year for PA school?

I am a high school senior planning to be a physician assistant. I have been reading that the majority of PAs take a gap year or two to work enough hours for a competitive to PA school. I have also read that some worked their hours in their four years of undergrad. Initially, I was planning to...

#timemanagement #worklifebalance #physicianassistant #medical #pa #medicine #gap-year #balance #workingstudy #schooling

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 05, 2020 96 views

How to stand out with lack of experience for my prospective field?

It’s the medical field and emphasizes a lot of hands-on experience but I’m unable to get any because of COVID. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours...

#resume #resume-writing #experience #medical #covid

Chelsea M.’s Avatar
Chelsea M. Nov 17, 2020 103 views

How do I decide what career to choose?

I'm a senior in high school and am interested in art and the medical field. I l have always had a passion for art but lately I've been thinking about a career that helps people like in the medical field. I've taken a medical anatomy class before but I wasn't too good at it so I've had it in my...

#medical #art #art-education

Heather G.’s Avatar
Heather G. Nov 13, 2020 52 views

Psychiatrists daily schedule

What is like to be a psychiatrist day to day? Do you get a lot of vacation days? Who employs you? #psychiatrists...

#medical

Matthew L.’s Avatar
Matthew L. Nov 05, 2020 222 views

How do I decide what career is flexible and functional?

I'm a junior student attending Miyamura High School and I am looking for a career plan that flexible #career-choice #future-careers yet functional. My plans are to go into construction but I enjoy technology and medical and would like to considered those options. #technology...

#medical

Mauricio M.’s Avatar
Mauricio M. Nov 05, 2020 74 views

how many years of school do i need to be an orthodontist and what degree would i need?

I am a senior in high school and I would like to go to college to become an orthodontists and I would like to know how many years it would take and what type of degree I would need to be able to do this. #medical...

#dentist

Maiya L.’s Avatar
Maiya L. Oct 21, 2020 70 views

What information would I need in an Interview?

I am planning to become a Medical Scientist after graduating from college and I am also in the 12th grade. #medical #scientist want to do clinical research and this is an interview for after...

Esmeralda S.’s Avatar
Esmeralda S. Nov 04, 2020 63 views

What is your greatest skill as a nurse?

I want to become a nurse because I like to care for people. One of my family members I look up to is a nurse. I want to know what skills are difficult or what skills are fun or easy. #nurse #medicine #skills...

#medical

Araeliah C.’s Avatar
Araeliah C. Nov 04, 2020 118 views

I'm in the 11th grade and I have many dreams and careers I want too pursue, what are some helpful next steps I should consider based on my interests and desires?

I am in the 11th grade and I participate in athletics all year around. I play soccer, basketball, and I run track. I do want too pursue a career in athletics in any of the sports I play , or hopes of getting a scholarship in any soccer, basketball, or track, or go too college and become a...

#college #art #athletics #militaryservice #medical #sports #soccer #psychology #career

Jox I.’s Avatar
Jox I. Nov 02, 2020 41 views

A Question for Optometrists

What type of minor surgeries do optometrist do in some states. #medical #health #healthcare...

#pre-med

Bansi B.’s Avatar
Bansi B. Nov 02, 2020 88 views

I want to become a general pediatrician.

Hey there! I want to become a pediatrician. It is my dream! Is there any advice and/or guidance you can provide? I know this is a vague question, but any small idea will do! Thanks! Thanks in advance, Bansi #pediatrician #healthcare #job #doctor...

#medical

Maiya L.’s Avatar
Maiya L. Oct 30, 2020 83 views

What are the advantages and opportunities for advancement?

I want to learn more and explore my options of becoming a Medical Scientists or a Lawyer after high school & college. #law #lawyer #scientists...

#medical

Brooklin P.’s Avatar
Brooklin P. Oct 29, 2020 76 views

What are some good classes to take for wanting to be a nurse?

I want to be able to have some good knowledge on what I’m doing when I get to college. So I was wondering what classes would be good to take. #medicine #medical #career...

#nurse

Audriana M.’s Avatar
Audriana M. Oct 27, 2020 45 views
Ashley S.’s Avatar
Ashley S. Oct 26, 2020 46 views

What are some other related occupations to a pediatric surgeon?

Hello I am Ashley and I am a freshman in high school. I am struggling to figure out what I should do for the rest of my life. #medical...

#children

Gus M.’s Avatar
Gus M. Oct 26, 2020 72 views

What experience would I need to be an anesthesiologist

I am wondering what experiences I would need to become an anesthesiologist and how I would obtain these. #medical...

#healthcare

Gus M.’s Avatar
Gus M. Oct 26, 2020 104 views

What are good colleges to become an anesthesiologist

Hi, my name is Gus and my dream jobs is to become an anesthesiologist. I dont know what colleges would be suitable for a career path like this. I would also like to known what I should take in said colleges. #medical #doctor...

#career

Gus M.’s Avatar
Gus M. Oct 26, 2020 66 views

What skills are needed for an anesthesiologist

What skills are usually need to be an anesthesiologist and how would I learn them #anesthesiologist...

#medical

Gus M.’s Avatar
Gus M. Oct 26, 2020 59 views

Salary for an Anestheseologist

What is the average annual salary for an anesthesiologist? There are a lot different results I have found but I am unable to find a sure answer. #medical...

#salary

Maiya L.’s Avatar
Maiya L. Oct 21, 2020 53 views

Steps I need to become a Medical Scientist?

I'm a Senior in High School and I want to be able to get my dream job to help as many people has I can. #scientist...

#medical

Camila A.’s Avatar
Camila A. Oct 15, 2020 59 views

Lastly, do anesthesiologists have to learn the hospital codes? or are those just for nurses and security?

I always hear these color codes being announced through the hospital speakers and I wonder who listens to them and if they're cancelled out in certain levels, like in the maternity level to let the mothers sleep, calm down, etc. ? #career #medical...

#anesthesiology

Ariatna M.’s Avatar
Ariatna M. Oct 19, 2020 37 views
Yazmine A.’s Avatar
Yazmine A. Oct 19, 2020 67 views
Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Oct 19, 2020 58 views

What does an average day for a Pediatrician look like?

I am interested in becoming a pediatrician, but I would like to know more. What does a typical day in your life, as a pediatrician, look like? #pediatrician #pediatrics...

#medical