Career Questions tagged Oncology

Jacob W.’s Avatar
Jacob W. Mar 26 81 views

What is it like to be an Oncologist?

Primarily, I am curious to know what the working hours, the flexibility of work hours, the levels of stress, and the job salaries are. Also, are there any location restrictions to this career? #oncologist...

#oncology

Jacob W.’s Avatar
Jacob W. Mar 26 61 views

What is involved in becoming an oncologist?

I am most interested in learning how much schooling is involved and how long that will take. Additionally, how much stress does this cause? Will the coursework bog you down? How hard is it to get into medical school? #oncology...

#oncologist

Diamond T.’s Avatar
Diamond T. Aug 23, 2018 169 views
Claire L.’s Avatar
Claire L. Sep 01, 2017 299 views

What is a day in the life of a pediatric oncologist like?

I'm interested in pediatric oncology but am worried that I am not fit for this type of emotional job #medicine #pediatric-oncology #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #oncology...

#pediatrics

Angie T.’s Avatar
Angie T. May 16, 2016 470 views

What is it like to work in a hospital with children who have cancer?

My other career is to be children's cancer hospital because I want to help kids with cancer and make their life better and try to help them with their life's and their dream to be because I always think what happen if one of my family has cancer and I don't want anyone to die from cancer. I...

#hospital #oncology #hospital-and-health-care #cancer #healthcare #pediatrics

Ashley L.’s Avatar
Ashley L. Jan 16, 2018 327 views
Dominica D.’s Avatar
Dominica D. May 18, 2016 396 views

What specific skills does one need to be an oncologist?

I'm Dominica and a junior in high school. I have a passion for the medical field and I want to be an oncologist because I want to save the lives of cancer patients, and end up finding a cure for cancer. #psychology #pediatrics #pharmacy #oncology #medicine...

#hospital-and-health-care

Aubree  D.’s Avatar
Aubree D. May 17, 2016 553 views
Emily D.’s Avatar
Emily D. May 15, 2016 423 views

With better cancer medications available, is a career in radiation therapy a good career to get into or is it slowing down?

I am starting college in the fall for pre-radiation therapy. Getting into a radiation therapy program is very difficult as they only take 7 student. So, I know that they are not graduating many therapists per year. Also, there are only 2 universities in my state that even offer the program....

#oncology #cancer #cancer-research #healthcare #medicine #therapy #radiation

isabella R.’s Avatar
isabella R. Nov 16, 2016 471 views

is it necessary to study physics in high school to be paediatric oncologist?

I'm going to be paediatric oncologist so i'm studying chemistry in high school should i study physics? or i can study it in the university? #doctor #medicine #oncology #oncologist...

#pediatric-oncology

isabella R.’s Avatar
isabella R. Nov 15, 2016 400 views

should i study physics in high school because i want to be paediatric oncologist?

i want to be paediatric oncologist in the future so i should study physics ? becouse im studying now chemistry. #medicine #pediatrics #oncology...

#pediatric-oncology

Shelby V.’s Avatar
Shelby V. May 24, 2016 437 views

how would i go about scholing to become a pediatric oncologist nurse?

I am thinking this is something I would really like to do, but because it is so specific I dont know how to go about my schooling #nurse #oncology...

#pediatric

Sierra  S.’s Avatar
Sierra S. May 17, 2016 517 views

How difficult is it to become an oncologist?

This is my future job goals. #doctor #medicine...

#oncology

Sierra  S.’s Avatar
Sierra S. May 17, 2016 421 views

How much schooling does it take to be an oncologist?

I want to becom this. #doctor...

#oncology

Sage H.’s Avatar
Sage H. May 17, 2016 464 views

What is the best college for me

I want and will become a Surgeon no matter what it takes, and I would like to know what college is the best fit for my preferences. Pediatric Surgeon specializing in Oncology, what college, in or out of state (Utah) would fit this description best. #doctor #pediatrics #surgery #surgeon...

#oncology

Melissa R.’s Avatar
Melissa R. May 14, 2016 681 views

About how long would it take to become an Oncologist?

I have a great passion to become an oncologist due to life experiences therefore I was wondering how long does it take. Either way, I'm always going to want to follow that career path #pre-med...

#oncology

Anacia W.’s Avatar
Anacia W. Mar 01, 2016 728 views

I wanted to major in the Biology field in college, I was wondering how will Biology really play a major role in me pursuing my career path in the Medical field, in terms of the process?

When it comes down to what I know, I know that with either being a Dentist, Oncologist, or an Orthopedic Surgeon, I know that I will ultimately have to major in Biology in college for the four years and get my Bachelors Degree. I currently take AP Biology as a Senior at my high School, there...

#biology #oncology #orthopedics #dentist

MaryKate F.’s Avatar
MaryKate F. Apr 08, 2015 687 views
MaryKate F.’s Avatar
MaryKate F. Apr 08, 2015 629 views

What is like to be an oncology nurse and work with children?

I'm in 10th grade and I'm interested in oncology, but don't know what age I would want to work with. #nurse #pediatrics...

#oncology

MiKayla C.’s Avatar
MiKayla C. Apr 09, 2014 1223 views

How long do you have to go to school to be an oncology nurse (including internships)?

I am a junior in high school and I would like to be an oncology nurse. #nurse #school...

#oncology

MiKayla C.’s Avatar
MiKayla C. Apr 08, 2014 876 views

How do you become a pediatric oncology nurse?

I am in the 11th and I am interested in becoming a pediatric oncology nurse. I would like to know what steps I would have to do to become an oncology nursing. #career #nurse...

#oncology

Samantha D.’s Avatar
Samantha D. Mar 31, 2014 2421 views

If I am interested in biology, living environment, and science research what are some good careers for me?

I am interested in science as well as writing and want to know what careers are good for me. #biology #research #oncology...

#data-science