2

Would a pediatric oncology nurse fit me?

I like kids
I enjoy helping others
I work well with others
I enjoy making people feel good about themselves
I strive to make people feel their best when they are at their worst
#Oncology
#Pediatric Nurse

2

0

Catherine’s Answer

Hi lolann!

I absolutely agree with what Doreen said, especially about finding a career that allows you to do what you love every single day.

I love your passion for helping others, and it is absolutely wonderful to want to continue that throughout your career. Especially for a career in medicine, I'd highly suggest shadowing a pediatric oncology nurse in a hospital or clinic near you! If you can't land a shadowing position quite yet, try signing up to volunteer in a Children's hospital, so you can be exposed to the environment that you would be working in. Shadowing and volunteering for an extended period of time will allow you to gauge for yourself whether or not being a pediatric oncology nurse would fit you!

Good luck, and you can do it!

- Cathy
0
0

Doreen’s Answer

Hello lolann!

The key to career happiness is to find a job that allows you to do things that you love doing every.single.day.

The best way to find out if a particular job is the right one for you is to talk to several people doing that job and ask them what they most often find themselves doing in their work week - What specific activities take up the majority of their time?

Take that list of activities and ask yourself - which of these do I love doing? Which of these do I hate? Which would I tolerate?

I'd recommend that you evaluate a few different jobs at the same time using this method. The "winner" is the one where you will do the most things you love each day.

Best of luck to you!
~Doreen
0