Career Questions tagged Medical Practice

Brooke H.’s Avatar
Brooke H. Mar 14, 2018 224 views

What do you wish you knew about the medical field before going into it?

I'm a high school soon-to-be college student pursuing a medical career. I was wondering, what do medical professional wish they knew before starting their career? If it helps, i'm planning on being a surgeon on some sort. Thanks! #medicine #medical-practice #doctor #healthcare...

#hospital-and-healthcare

Rachel H.’s Avatar
Rachel H. Jan 18, 2018 264 views

What is the best college in Texas to get a BSN?

I want to go to the best college possible with a Bachelors of Nursing in Science. #medical-practice #medicine #nursing...

#texas

Arielle B.’s Avatar
Arielle B. May 12, 2018 206 views

Is it more beneficial to own your own medical practice or work for private and public companies?

I plan to go into the medical field and I have a plan for college that will get me my masters in orthotics and prosthetics and out of college in four years. I am unsure where to start my career from there. #career-paths #medicine #medical-practice...

#medical

Dierdre S.’s Avatar
Dierdre S. May 14, 2018 190 views

What can I do with a B.S. in Medical Laboratory Science

I want to get my Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science but I want to know what career options I have other than working in a hospital as a Medical Technologist. #medicaltechnology #medical-practice...

#medicine

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018 216 views

What is the best way to break the news of the death of a family member to their family?

I am intending on becoming a physicians assistant and I recognize that I may be put in this situation at some point. I would like some tips for this hard topic. #medicine #working-with-children #death #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #medical-practice...

#family-medicine #grief-counseling #coping

Jaden P.’s Avatar
Jaden P. Mar 26, 2018 293 views
Maria H.’s Avatar
Maria H. Apr 21, 2018 312 views

Is it harder for D.O.'s to get the same respect as M.D.'s?

I've recently become interested in #osteopathic #medicine. The philosophy of treating patients as a whole instead of just symptoms appeals to me. However, I've heard that it may be hard for D.O.'s to find residencies that are not biased. I hadn't even heard of D.O.'s until a year ago,...

#medical-practice #premedicine #premedical #physician #medschool #medical-school #holistic #premed #doctor

Jasmine H.’s Avatar
Jasmine H. Jan 15, 2018 203 views

How do you start your own medical practice?

After college I want to start my own #medical-practice, but I don't know where to start. Is there anything I can do to prepare while in college? #medicine #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

Sabrina D.’s Avatar
Sabrina D. Jan 10, 2018 247 views

How do you know if you want to be a biomedical engineer?

I am currently in high school and am thinking about majors that I would like to study. Biomedical engineering sounds interesting, but I am not sure if that major would be the best fit for me. #medical-practice #engineering...

#biomedical-engineering

Gabriel M.’s Avatar
Gabriel M. Dec 13, 2017 269 views

What steps are necessary to become an anesthesiologist?

I don’t come from a family of money or a family in the medical career. Honestly I don’t want to become an anesthesiologist for the interest but I have learned that anything I focus towards I grow to love that subject and a job like anesthesiology is something not many people will do, but I will...

#medical-practice #healthcare #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #anesthesiology #family-dentistry

Justin G.’s Avatar
Justin G. Mar 20, 2018 197 views

Where are the best and more cost effective "away rotations" for a 4th year medical student specializing in pediatrics?

I will be choosing 3 or 4 locations across the country that I would like to do a 2-4 week rotation during my fourth year of medical school and would like to minimize my out of pocket expenses as well as have a quality experience. #medical-practice #clinical-rotations #medicine...

#career #hospital-and-health-care

Ream G.’s Avatar
Ream G. Mar 26, 2018 379 views

What is the best major for Medical School?

I hear a lot of people choose majors other than pre-med/biology based majors even though they plan to take the MCAT and go to medical school. I am currently thinking about being a biochemistry major or entering the engineering department and am wondering whether that will have a significant...

#premed #medical-practice #medicine #engineering

Brooke L.’s Avatar
Brooke L. Apr 06, 2018 237 views

Recommendations for my major?

I'm interested in physical therapy and speech pathology, but I also love anything history related. What's something I could major in that includes both the medical field and/or history? #medical-practice...

#american-history

Lauren H.’s Avatar
Lauren H. Mar 25, 2018 317 views

What are the best opportunities for a rewarding career in the medical profession working with children?

I am currently a senior in high school and am interested in the medical profession, specifically working with children. I have been admitted into college and want to know more about my future....

#medical-practice

yadira O.’s Avatar
yadira O. Mar 21, 2018 251 views

If my strengths are being patient and also being a good listener what type of career would be best for me in the medical field?

My best strengths are listing and being patient, I would like to know what career in the medical field would these strengths be better for or which career they would be more useful for? #strengthsandweaknesses #medical-practice #medical-careers #medical-education...

#medical-field

Breanna W.’s Avatar
Breanna W. Mar 12, 2018 301 views
Jennifer M.’s Avatar
Jennifer M. Mar 19, 2018 257 views

What kinds of careers exist for those passionate about both medicine and politics/law?

Hi! I am a current junior with a passion for law and medicine and am working towards an international career that involves advocacy and research. Unlike the process of becoming a doctor, the pathway to my dream profession is not as clearly defined. Now that I'm halfway through my college...

#medical-practice #law-school #international #politics #graduate-school #globalization #medicine #law

Haley L.’s Avatar
Haley L. Mar 08, 2018 239 views

How do I become involved in research opportunities outside of the classroom?

I am undecided on what major I would want to go into so I am interested in finding out if some of these career paths are viable options for me later in life. #research #college...

#medical-practice

Tyniquia T.’s Avatar
Tyniquia T. Mar 03, 2018 422 views

What are the challenges of being a medical laboratory scientist?

This is my major. I want to learn more about this field....

#medical-practice

Angelique V.’s Avatar
Angelique V. Jan 21, 2018 206 views

How did you study for the exams to get into Vet School?

While i was shadowing at an animal hospital one of the veterinarians had told me that getting into Vet school is very difficult and that i would have to stick with it because many schools may turn me down. #vetrinarian #veterinary #medicine...

#medical-practice

Michaela K.’s Avatar
Michaela K. Jan 25, 2018 441 views

What sparks one's calling towards a career?

For most teenagers today, its very confusing and mentally challenging choosing a career path for one's whole future. For me, I want to go into the medical field. I am currently in my school's CNA and CMAA certification program. Just this week when I went to a nursing home for hours, the...

#medicine #medical-practice #doctor #futuredoctor

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 223 views

What jobs can I get as a medical student?

I plan on becoming a forensic pathologist, which takes a very, very long time. I'd like to know what kind of jobs I can get at certain levels of my college education. I'd like good money, so I can start paying off student loans early. Thank you! #medical-practice #student-loans...

#doctorate-degree #forensic-investigation #college-bound #what-kind-of-jobs-can-i-expect

Sheila R.’s Avatar
Sheila R. Jan 18, 2018 299 views

How do you know what specialty you want to pursue during residency?

During #medical-school will it become easier to pick a specialty for #residency as a class will spark your interest or will an adviser help you? some schools i interviewed at said they didn't have a mentoring program to help. #medical-practice...

#medicine

Celine S.’s Avatar
Celine S. Jan 17, 2018 297 views

I don't know what I want to be yet. Will I ever figure it out?

I've had this question burning in the back of my mind since I was in middle school. It seems like everyone around me has it figured out except for me. I know I have an interest in the medical field, but also in the arts and design. I thought I wanted to be a massage therapist until I realized I...

#college-advice #senioryear #medical-practice #medical #fine-arts

Jamaul C.’s Avatar
Jamaul C. Jan 16, 2018 314 views

How do you choose between going to medical school and dental school?

When I was growing up I’ve always wanted to be a cardiologist. However, recently I’ve started doing a lot of research and thought that I might want to go to dental school instead. How do I decide? I don’t want to make the wrong decision and end up having regrets in the future....

#dentistry #medical-practice #medical-school

Vilma K.’s Avatar
Vilma K. Jan 16, 2018 268 views

What can you do in high school to make yourself appear more competitive when applying to a pre-me program?

I’m a sophomore in high school and wondering about what I could be doing now to make myself appear a strong and willing candidate for an exceptional pre-med program in college. I have always wanted to go into the medical field, but never sure about what I could be doing to make myself stand out...

#medical-practice #premedical #medicine #highschool #college #competitive #medical #premed