Career Questions tagged Grief Counseling

Gabriella C.’s Avatar
Gabriella C. Apr 26, 2018 327 views

What is the best way to break the news of the death of a family member to their family?

I am intending on becoming a physicians assistant and I recognize that I may be put in this situation at some point. I would like some tips for this hard topic. #medicine #working-with-children #death #physician-assistant #students-interested-in-career-as-physician-assistants #medical-practice...

#grief-counseling #coping #family-medicine

Samantha S.’s Avatar
Samantha S. May 25, 2016 526 views

After you become a counselor, is it helpful to start working at a religious center if you are religious?

I would like to get a job with my church so that I can interact with people that are the same religion as me or that are at least investigating our religion. I think it would be a good experience for me because I'd be able to learn more about my own religion by working with these people. Plus,...

#grief-counseling #counseling #addiction-counseling

Samantha S.’s Avatar
Samantha S. May 25, 2016 621 views

What degree would be best for becoming a counselor for grief, addiction, abuse, etc.?

I have been looking at the degrees that are out there and I noticed that there's a lot of different counseling degrees. I want a degree that will allow me to counsel people who struggle with some things that I mentioned in my question. Of course, I won't limit myself to just these areas. I also...

#grief-counseling #counseling #addiction-counseling #counseling-fields