Career Questions tagged Medicine

There are a large number of careers in the field of Medicine. Some of the most popular include Doctor, Nurse, Pharmacist, Optician, and much more. To learn more about these...

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Apr 03 39 views

What is a doctor's work schedule like?

Vacation days? How many hours/days a week? Amount of stress? How would this schedule compare to that of a nurse practitioner? #nurse #doctor #medicine #nurse-practitioner...

#pediatrician

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Apr 03 43 views

What is social life like during premed and medical school?

What are your experiences going into medicine? I've been watching a lot of youtube videos lately, and everyone that I've watched so far spends practically the whole day studying. Is medical school actually non stop studying? I do understand that medical school is hard, but there has to be some...

#college #pre-med #medical-school #doctor #medicine

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. Apr 02 80 views

What are all the steps to becoming a pediatrician?

Hello, my name is Athena and I am currently a junior in high school. Ever since kindergarten I've wanted to be a "kid doctor". I've always enjoyed the sciences more than anything else. However, I'm not really sure how to become a pediatrician. I think you have to get your undergrad degree...

#pediatrics #college #medical-school #doctor #pediatrician #medicine

Ane S.’s Avatar
Ane S. Mar 23 75 views

which course to take for med school?

I'm brazilian but I want to start my studies in Canada to become a doctor, but I don't know which premed to choose. I am between biology, biomedical sciences and biotechnology. Which of these would be the best choice? #doctor #medicine #canada #medical-school #pre-med...

#premed

Jaayna D.’s Avatar
Jaayna D. Mar 20 62 views

How would I go about becoming an ultrasound technician?

I am in an early college high school with my associate's in science but I want to be an ultrasound technician. #technician #medicine #oncology #doctor...

#high-school

tracy L.’s Avatar
tracy L. Mar 19 70 views
kaiden A.’s Avatar
kaiden A. Mar 18 56 views
Jennifer L.’s Avatar
Jennifer L. Mar 12 75 views
jiali H.’s Avatar
jiali H. Mar 11 49 views

What are some difficulties of your profession.

Being a nurse anesthetist, do you get paid well. Do you have to be professional....

#medicine

Yaz W.’s Avatar
Yaz W. Mar 11 74 views

What extracurriculars should I do to get into medicine?

i unfortunately missed out on the school organised work experience due to covid last year and I am not too sure what to do now. What else should I do to increase my chance of getting in? Volunteering? A sport?...

#medicine

Angelica F.’s Avatar
Angelica F. Mar 10 92 views

Medical School req

I'm currently 3rd-year human biology and minor in psychology My goal is to go to medical school but my GPA isn't the best. I'm planning to take the MCAT next summer however, I'm told by my school advisor that I got no choice but to change my career plan because medicine isn't for me. I was...

#medicine #medschool #school #physician

Grace M.’s Avatar
Grace M. Mar 09 79 views

What are good high school courses to take in preparation for a premed major?

I am a high school student looking to major in premed for undergrad school. Specializing in courses and subjects can help you feel more experienced in the long run, and I would like to best prepare myself for college. #high-school #medicine...

#courses

Grace M.’s Avatar
Grace M. Mar 09 73 views

How do I know if premed is right for me?

I am planning on going to undergrad for premed to study to become an orthopedic doctor. I know that it can be a difficult major sometimes, and require a lot of work. #medicine #doctors...

#career-counseling

Amanda K.’s Avatar
Amanda K. Mar 05 116 views

Choosing a Healthcare Career

How do you choose which healthcare career is best for you? I know I want to be a hospital executive, but I'd also like to be a physician beforehand. I'm just not sure which specialty would be best for me. Any advice on discovering which healthcare career would suit a person the most?...

#medicine #career-choice #career-path #physician

Amanda K.’s Avatar
Amanda K. Mar 05 56 views

What are Possible Careers in the Neurology Pathway?

I'm interested in healthcare and studying the brain, but I'm not familiar with the different opportunities associated with neurology, especially since medicine is such a diverse field. #healthcare #medicine...

#neurology

Nevaeh G.’s Avatar
Nevaeh G. Mar 02 87 views

What motivated you?

School, studying, and grades are all very stressful things. How did you deal with things that got in your way to success? How to stay focused and motivated on not giving up? #school #education #surgeons #surgeon #medicine...

#medical-school

Samruddhi P.’s Avatar
Samruddhi P. Mar 02 95 views

What can I do to save years in college to become a doctor?

I am a high school student interested in pursuing a career in ophthalmology. I would like to complete my Pre-Med in 2 years, and I want to explore if there are any opportunities to do Med School in 3 years (condense the first 2 years and then rotations). I'm a high school sophomore, so what...

#college #pre-med #doctor #student #medicine

Katarina P.’s Avatar
Katarina P. Feb 26 123 views

Is a job in the government easier to achieve then a job in medicine such as nursing.

I´m not sure what career I want to do yet, but I am interested in these but I just don´t know how I would get there. #jobs #government #advocacy #medicine #nurse...

#emt

ilianny M.’s Avatar
ilianny M. Feb 24 85 views

I want a career with genetic invovled and i need help finding narrowing down the list.

Hi my name is ilianny. i am a junior in high school in lynn Massachusetts. i always wanted to be a geneticist but i dont know what majors i have to take in order to purse that career. i also love forensics. i need help figuring out what colleges are good for this career and what maajors and...

#geneticist #bio #forensics #medicine #career #genetics

Caroline M.’s Avatar
Caroline M. Feb 24 68 views
Maya M.’s Avatar
Maya M. Feb 24 94 views

AP Chem or Ap Bio? Elective?

It is around the time of the year again where I have to pick my courses for next year and I am stumped. I want to be a doctor, so I have been focusing on classes to take to help me in the future. I love both biology and chemistry (I got A's for Bio freshman year and an A so far for Chemistry)....

#pre-med #health #doctor #medicine #biology #chemistry

ramon M.’s Avatar
ramon M. Feb 23 79 views

what are the best specialists in field of medicine for doctors?

i'm a junior in Lynn,MA. i'll be applying for college next year and i'm interested of being a doctor but i don't know what specialist i wanna be #doctor...

#medicine

Brooke M.’s Avatar
Brooke M. Feb 12 154 views

What kind of volunteer work should I do for anesthesiology?

I have worked with the Florida Department of Health in research, I have made blankets for the homeless and have helped develop a social media platform for pancreatic cancer awareness. I am going to school for my BS in pre med and ecology. I don't know if it is frowned upon to not get any...

#anesthesiologist #doctor #anesthesia #biology #hospital #volunteer #college #pre-med #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #internship