Career questions tagged medicine

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Rachel73 views

How can I become a formula one medic?

I am a senior in high school and I love watching Formula One. I am also planning to pursue a career in medicine, what other steps should I complete to try and make it to Formula One?

undefined's avatar
Kamiya96 views

How can I prepare myself for my future in medicine and in college?

As an African American woman aspiring to be a cardiothoracic surgeon, what are some struggles I should prepare myself for before going off to college and in the work field?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Divya189 views

Med schools?

What colleges are good for jobs in the medical field?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yashika193 views

I am a high school sophomore and have no extracurriculars currently besides 20 community service, I plan on doing SYEP (career skill building work, and you have to research a research question, which I plan on making medical related) this summer and Girls Who Code for skill building on the side for my future resume. I also am secretary of a newspaper club but thats all. Am I on the path for success or is it far too late for me to have enough extracurriculars by the end of junior year Are you guys aware of any medical internships for 15 year olds in NYC? ?

I am in 10th grade, a sophmore, 15 y/o, female, and live in NYC.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rihanna154 views

What else should I add to my career to do list? ?

I want to be in the medical field starting off as an emt/ paramedic then work my way up. Some steps I need to take would be studying really hard, join class that spark the interest and research. What else should I do??

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Siddhi202 views

Are there any research/volunteering/internship opportunities related to med for grade 11/12 students? ?

Can you please send some links or websites for any opportunities either online or in-person in Canada, Ontario? Thank you!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Maybelle270 views

Do I need to go to university before going to college of medicine??

I really wish to study medicine But a friend of mine said I need to first go to university

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Testimony296 views

What can I do to be a surgeon without having to start from the scratch?

Hi, I'm Testimony, I'm in my second year studying physiology but I want to be a surgeon. Do I have to start from the scratch or is there a way I can transit after I'm done with physiology?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexander336 views

How do I proceed ?

I’m not sure how to continue my journey, or at least make it easier to come out of high school. I would like for my career to be in the medical field.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Irene321 views

Medicine & Medical Foundation

How can students find some resources about medicine in the Medical Foundations in a High school that will help them be fully prepared for what Medical career they to take to be in a Medical field?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
miranda154 views

Is there any Nurse Practitioner on here ?

I'm a student and have a few questions about Nurse Practitioner.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mary Hope194 views

What is the most effective way to gain experience and hours related to working with animals?

I am currently a highschool junior who wants to go into the medical field for a profession, specifically veterinary science. Right now i work at a dog daycare, boarding, and grooming place. My experience with animals here includes distrubituing, food and water, cleaning dog supplies, bathing dogs, giving medications as instructed by owners, and watching over up to over 20 dogs at a time. Apart from that, i also regularly pet sit for close friends and family. I have also taken three health science classes and am certified in human CPR and first aid.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jenna230 views

Is it wise to take a gap year between college and med school? What are the best majors for pre-med?

I am a student trying to figure out the best course of action for my undergrad! I would love to be able to directly speak to a medical professional who is a physician or PA.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gipsaris187 views

would it be worth it to become a neurosurgeon?

I've been thinking recently ever since I decided that I wanted to be a neurosurgeon a few months ago, would the job really be worth it? sure they get paid a lot, but the hours would be excruciating. Not only that but the training they have is extremely difficult and intense. It'll also take a long time to achieve, roughly 8 years to complete the training. I'm worried that I wouldn't be fit for the role but I'm certain I want to be some sort of doctor, an important one. Should I keep trying or search for a different job?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Savannah185 views

What is the best nursing job to have?

Hi my name is Savannah and i have wanted to be in the Medical Field for a while now. I went from wanting to be a pediatrician to a veterinarian but now i just want to be a nurse. The type of nurse is what i'm struggling with, i've heard about some but i want to know the pros and cons of them and which one would be the best to pick.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
jennel180 views

Is it advisable to finish getting a bachelor degree in Sonography (even though it’s not needed) or get a degree in a different field ( I want it stay on a healthcare/medicine track incase I want to go to medical school in the future) ?

Backstory: I am studying Sonography at a college for 2 years ( since getting an associate degree is all that is required for a career path in sonography). However, I want to go to a mainstream university to get my bachelor degree.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ahmad Khalid146 views

what are three questions that you would ask from a Nurse Anesthetists in interview?

some informational questions

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tiffany129 views

What Is the most challenging part of becoming a PA (Physician Assistant) And what is a good way to prepare for these challenges? #Spring24 ?

Additional Information about me is I'm really passionate about healthcare. And I enjoy it because I'm helping other people, feel like their best self. At the moment I am working on obtaining my CNA license. And plan on going to college to become a PA this really interested me because not only do I get to spend time with patients, but I also have the chance to learn about so many different aspects of healthcare to treat patients.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ahmad Khalid104 views

What are three informational interview questions you will ask from a Nurse anesthetists?

give me three questions.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jasmine103 views

What school is easier?

How hard is radiology school compared to Veterinary school?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Niah127 views

Travel Nurse Or ER nurse?

I want to be a nurse. There are so many paths I can take to go into this feild, so, I was thinking about travel nursing or working in the ER. Can someone in either of these feilds tell me how they feel about working in this enviroment? What do you enjoy and what are some things that you don't really like.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alayna80 views

What is the best major to take in college if you want to be a surgeon?

I want to become a Pediatric or Neonatal Surgeon and am genuinely curious what major most people who take this pathway take.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Allison149 views

How am I supposed to juggle a part time job, college and hobbies without burning out?

I've wanted to be an EMT since 2019. However, when I researched more about it I found out that even before the pandemic, most EMS providers experienced burnout, depression, PTSD, and suicidal tendencies. Then, I began to wonder If I would still be able to enjoy the hobbies I enjoy like painting or building while maintaining my dream career. Please let me know what you think.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aimerance290 views

What certification is required for risk management ?

What kinds of step can be take to get a Compliance Analyst job?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Anna Grace125 views

How to I prepare best for my future ?

I am interested in a pharmaceutical career path, what classes and out of school activities can I do, to best prepare myself for my future?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Genesis161 views

Advice for which medical job to get?

There's a variety of jobs in the medical field. However, I can't find the best fit for me. I would like something with good pay and good experience in working that field. Specifically, i would want recommendation's.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Luke305 views

Why do we need job interview?

What is the best way to pick a career the can be profitable and that has a lot of impact in the society. Why do I need to get into college to make sure of that

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Macey254 views

What is the best way to get a foot in the door if you wanted to be an aesthetics nurse?

I am in 12th grade attending Clemson University as a Nursing major! As of right now I am interested in aesthetics nursing but I am also open to other things.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ava-Gail163 views

How long does it take to become a surgical physician assistant? Will there be additional years after PA school because of extra training for surgery?

Is there extra training additional to the 2 years of PA school.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sierra201 views

Are surgical technologists on their feet all day?

I am a 19 year old Job Corps student. I want to know if I should expect to be on my feet the entire shift or if I will have time to be seated.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon