Career Questions tagged Sonography

Christen R.’s Avatar
Christen R. Jul 19, 2018 158 views

Ultrasound and Vascular Techs: What do you wish someone had told you before you chose sonography?

I've been looking for a #medicine #career that fits me and will help provide for my family's future. So far, all I've read from #sonographers seemed like statements given specifically for marketing purposes or the rantings of someone who wouldn't be happy in any job. I need some pearls of...

#sonography

Jacob S.’s Avatar
Jacob S. Mar 03, 2017 462 views

Would sonography be a good fit for me

This last year i have been taking healthcare prereqs with the plan of going into a sonography program. After learning more about what sonographers actually do i've started to have seconds thoughts. I'm a smart kid with math being my strongest subject and english my weakest. What concerns me...

#healthcare #medicine-sonography #hospital-and-health-care #medicine #sonography

Karina V.’s Avatar
Karina V. Aug 30, 2017 373 views

Is it better to get a 2 year degree at a community college or a university?

I want to major in Sonography, which is a degree that can be earned in 2 years. Would it be better to study my major at a community college where I can save money, or study at a university. #sonography #ultrasound #medicine...

#college-advice

Karina V.’s Avatar
Karina V. Aug 30, 2017 247 views

What are the best schools in Texas for Sonography?

I've been attempting to find schools in Texas that offer a degree on Sonography on campus, but all the schools that are being referred to me are online schools. #sonography #ultrasound #medicine #medical-school...

Rachel L.’s Avatar
Rachel L. Sep 01, 2017 326 views

I don't know if I'm ready for college after graduation. My parents won't let me get a job and FAFSA sign ups haven't come yet. Should I take a year off after high school or should I try to go to college with my scholarships. (i don't want to take loans)

I really want to go to college, and I'm not interested in the military. However, I am in a program called Young Marines. Anyways, I have tried to convince my parents to allow me to get a job and they won't. I graduate in May of 2018 at the age of 17, but I would be 18 in August of 2018. If I...

#dentistry #vocals #sonography

Angie R.’s Avatar
Angie R. Oct 27, 2016 405 views

Is it bad to change your majors even if it lands in the same category?

I want to study in the medical field. Anything from technician to nursing. What if I choose to go with nursing in a 4 year college but then regret it and change to sonography or X-ray technology? Is that possible? If so , is that okay? #nursing #college-major #technology...

#sonography

Angie R.’s Avatar
Angie R. Oct 26, 2016 761 views

Is X-ray technician/ ultrasound tech a good career?

I've been thinking about two careers. Ultrasound tech and nursing. I mostly think of going towards nursing but I also want to do ultrasounds, which career is better? #nursing #medical-sonography #radiological-technician #sonography...

#x-rays

Veronica F.’s Avatar
Veronica F. May 20, 2016 631 views

As a diagnostic medical sonographer, does your job require you to come in at night?

I would like to know this because I want to be a diagnostic medical sonographer and would like to know if the job will be overwhelming if I have a future family. #career #medicine #hospital #women #ultrasound #sonography...

#pregnant