Career Questions tagged Highschool

Yisbel F.’s Avatar
Yisbel F. 2 days ago 62 views
Franklin N.’s Avatar
Franklin N. May 27 105 views
Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. May 14 103 views

What are the different steps you need to take to become an educator?

I am an eighth grader who is wondering about the steps to persue my dream of becoming a teacher. I would like to teach highschool students. I want to know what the best schools are for teaching and all about the process of becoming a teacher. #education #teacher #educator #teaching...

#highschool

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 14 258 views

Should I take calculus?

I'm in high school right now wanting to pursue an education in business/economics, and I'm wondering if I should take calculus in my senior year. Any advice? #math #business #career #econ #economics #highschool #school #professional...

#university

Harry S.’s Avatar
Harry S. May 13 90 views

How do you get a lab internship as a high school student?

I would love to know, be introduced, or be given with any tips towards getting into a lab internship as a high school student specifically inside the pediatrics, behavior science, or Autism related lab research. #internship #student #highschool #science...

#research

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 13 234 views

How can I make the most out of quarantine at my age?

Hi! I'm a 16-year old high school student wanting to volunteer and do some good during this difficult time. But, all the virtual opportunities are more offered toward adults rather than teenagers. Therefore, I'm stuck /: #career #volunteer #student #highschool...

#opportunities

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11 371 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this?

Hi, I'm a 16-year-old high school student determined to get an education in the areas of economics and business. I have many strengths but one of them does not include math. The Idea of this extremely bothers me because I feel as if I will struggle. Any advice? (thank you for all the...

#linkedin #highschool #career #strengths #business #student #highschoolstudent #economics #math

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 11 185 views

Math is not one of my strongest strengths. Will I struggle in the area of economics because of this.

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 06 256 views

What types of jobs can I pursue with a background in economics?

Hi, I'm a 16-year-old high school student determined to get an education in the areas of economics and business. I have a huge interest in these subjects but I'm not sure what types of jobs I would be pursuing as an economist in the future. #career #economics #business #highschool...

#student #linkedin #highschoolstudent

danieh K.’s Avatar
danieh K. May 03 474 views

How can I make the best connections on linkedin as a high school student

I'm a 16-year-old high school student in grade 11, aspiring to pursue a future in the business industry. Subjects like economics, and information technology interest me and I hope to gain more knowledge in those areas. #business #technology #student #highschool #sfu...

#economics

Jared H.’s Avatar
Jared H. Apr 22 113 views

What are the requirements for a career in engineering?

I have been passionate in engineering, but I am looking for help because I am not sure what I should be looking to do in high school or college. #engineering #college...

#highschool

Lqra T.’s Avatar
Lqra T. Apr 18 408 views

Is there anything you regret not doing in high school/college?

Why didn't you do it and is it something you would recommend others do? #college-advice #college #highschool...

#highschool-advice

Ethan G.’s Avatar
Ethan G. Mar 24 131 views

Can this count for my volunteer hours?

I am a grade 10 high school student attending Saint Mother Teresa. I love mathematics and is pretty good at it (87 average). My hobbies include playing board games, chess and basketball. Recently I was going to get interviewed to become a tutor but because of COVID-19, it got canceled and now I...

#highschool #grade10 #volunteer #math

Nancy C.’s Avatar
Nancy C. Feb 21 108 views

How do I determine what I want to do with my life?

I don't want anything that has to do with the law or blood. I like something more on the artistic side. #artistic #dreamjob #highschool #job...

#career

Ella W.’s Avatar
Ella W. Jan 26 113 views

What are some career or leadership experiences that will help me choose my career

I'm currently interested in business and the STEM world, though I still enjoy playing sports and instrumental music. I would really appreciate any opportunities (online or in-person)! #careerchoice #highschool #stem #business #career #opportunities #internship...

#volunteering

Layla E.’s Avatar
Layla E. Nov 07, 2019 76 views
Nicole A.’s Avatar
Nicole A. Oct 11, 2019 97 views

should i quit band?

So i just joined band this august and i’m in color guard. now i absolutely love twirling my flag and being in the field and hearing that crowd in that huge football stadium we have at my school, but i hate everything else. i just got told i can’t perform at the game tomorrow or at competition...

#highschool #quit #shouldi #band #columbia #quitting #marchingband #colorguard

Ramses G.’s Avatar
Ramses G. Apr 17, 2019 93 views
Kimberly G.’s Avatar
Kimberly G. Apr 10, 2019 197 views

How do you shadow a career?

I've been looking on how to shadow a business career. I want to go in either marketing or communications for a major and want to shadow someone to see if I would like the job. I live in Los Angeles so I feel like there'd be a lot of business workers near me but I don't know how to contact them....

#communications #business #highschool #marketing

henry F.’s Avatar
henry F. Mar 18, 2019 132 views

So how would i start in the cannabis industry?

so your boi is 14 and one of the careers I'm high key interested in is the cannabis one since I already have these things ready like the store that I can buy and some other stuff but I don't really know about all these kinds of seeds and how I would need to take care of them and like knowing...

#cannabis #highschool #career

Dinah B.’s Avatar
Dinah B. Nov 14, 2018 260 views

How do you know a career is right for you? What if you have a lot of interests but you don't know which one is the perfect fit?

I am in 11th grade and I have a small idea of what I want to do. I am interested in the medical field but I am not confident about it. I want to help others and I want to know if I should pursue this path. It is hard and I do not want to end up not liking it the career I choose. #career-choice...

#healthcare #help #highschool #career #doctor #junior #medicine

Erica H.’s Avatar
Erica H. Oct 11, 2018 202 views

Can I work on medical assistant certification during high school?

I really want to be a medical assistant while I’m working on my bachelors degree. I’m a senior in high school with 3 classes and I was just gonna see if I could start on the 9 month program now so that I could start a job next fall? I don’t want an associate degree in medical assisting but just...

#highschool #work #medicalassistant

Alyssa R.’s Avatar
Alyssa R. Aug 30, 2018 365 views

What was your deciding factor when choosing which college to attend?

I have a few options that I'm considering at the moment, but I can't find anything that stands out about each college that might put one above the others. I was wondering if there was anything, other than such things as scholarships and financial aid that made you chose which college you...

#highschool #undergraduate

Vanessa R.’s Avatar
Vanessa R. Aug 24, 2018 206 views
Jennifer L.’s Avatar
Jennifer L. Aug 17, 2018 289 views

An an aspiring high school mathematics teacher. what are some tips or activities I could use to engage my students in learning and make it enjoyable and fun instead of sitting in classroom for almost 2 hours?

Mathematics is one of the few subjects students struggle on and I aspire to be the teacher who make math exciting and easy to learn, but I have no clue on how to teach my students specific concepts in order for them to understand it. #mathteacher #educationmajor #highschool #teacher...

#teaching #study