Career Questions tagged Highschool

Dinah B.’s Avatar
Dinah B. Nov 14, 2018 284 views

How do you know a career is right for you? What if you have a lot of interests but you don't know which one is the perfect fit?

I am in 11th grade and I have a small idea of what I want to do. I am interested in the medical field but I am not confident about it. I want to help others and I want to know if I should pursue this path. It is hard and I do not want to end up not liking it the career I choose. #career-choice...

#highschool #help #junior #doctor #career #healthcare #medicine

Erica H.’s Avatar
Erica H. Oct 11, 2018 217 views

Can I work on medical assistant certification during high school?

I really want to be a medical assistant while I’m working on my bachelors degree. I’m a senior in high school with 3 classes and I was just gonna see if I could start on the 9 month program now so that I could start a job next fall? I don’t want an associate degree in medical assisting but just...

#work #highschool #medicalassistant

Alyssa R.’s Avatar
Alyssa R. Aug 30, 2018 394 views

What was your deciding factor when choosing which college to attend?

I have a few options that I'm considering at the moment, but I can't find anything that stands out about each college that might put one above the others. I was wondering if there was anything, other than such things as scholarships and financial aid that made you chose which college you...

#undergraduate #highschool

Vanessa R.’s Avatar
Vanessa R. Aug 24, 2018 216 views
Jennifer L.’s Avatar
Jennifer L. Aug 17, 2018 307 views

An an aspiring high school mathematics teacher. what are some tips or activities I could use to engage my students in learning and make it enjoyable and fun instead of sitting in classroom for almost 2 hours?

Mathematics is one of the few subjects students struggle on and I aspire to be the teacher who make math exciting and easy to learn, but I have no clue on how to teach my students specific concepts in order for them to understand it. #mathteacher #educationmajor #highschool #teacher...

#teaching #study

Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018 184 views

What is a goal GPA for a high school student?

The GPA is very important to colleges. I want to make sure I fit the expectation! #highschool #gpa...

Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018 230 views

Do colleges look for involvement with sports and organizations?

I participate in cheerleading, track and field, fellowship of christian atheles, younglife, and multiple volunteering programs. Are colleges interested in students tha can balance these things and maintaining a good GPA. Basically, what impact does extra-curriculars bring to the college world....

#gpa #college #highschool #christian #trackandfield #volunteer #cheer

Riley D.’s Avatar
Riley D. Aug 14, 2018 176 views

Will being apart of an Honors College give me career opportunities during and after college?

I'm entering my freshman year of high school and was thinking about trying to get into an Honors College. Is the extra work on my gpa to get into an Honors College worth possibly not having as many extra curricula's on my resume? #honorscollege #highschool #freshman...

#gpa

Anna S.’s Avatar
Anna S. Aug 11, 2018 238 views

If I am able, would it be beneficial to me if I started a new club at my school?

I've considered starting a new club at my school, but I don't know if it'll be worth it. I have a very busy schedule and most of the students at my school don't join clubs or take them seriously. I don't want to waste my time if it's not going to be worthwhile. #club #extracurricular...

#highschool #collegeapplication

Nailiah S.’s Avatar
Nailiah S. Jun 28, 2018 279 views

Do you have any suggestion on what my qualitative research about financial literacy would be about?

I'm having a hard time looking for good thesis statement, and you may have your past research that you could share to me. #research # #researcher #highschool #financial-literacy #management #finance...

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. May 29, 2018 575 views

Should I take AP Biology or Honors Anatomy/Physiology HS Junior Year?

I've already discussed with my counselor on what classes I will be taking next year as a Junior. I'm taking two APs for sure, which are AP English Language and AP US History. However, I'm determined to do another AP which is AP Biology. I don't know whether I should take AP Biology or Honors...

#aps #highschool #uci #advancedplacement

Alexia G.’s Avatar
Alexia G. May 21, 2018 439 views

College Scholarships

Hi! My mom is a single parent who's had to take care of me since I was seven years old with the help of her family. She is also a soldier in the US Army, so I was wondering if there are certain scholarships for military dependents and if so what are they? #highschool #collegeapplications...

#federal-government #scholarships #militarydependent

Karisma B.’s Avatar
Karisma B. May 11, 2018 321 views

How am I supposed to pay for tuition without going into debt?

I’m on my own when it comes to the college experience, and I really don’t want to be in debt for the rest of my life all because I wanted a better education. FAFSA can only cover so much of the tuition, how am I supposed to manage being a full time student as well as a full time employee?...

#fafsa #school #highschool #scholarships

Ava C.’s Avatar
Ava C. May 10, 2018 346 views

While in high school, how do you know if medical school is the right decision / path?

I'm currently a junior in high school, and just wondering how I can know whether or not I really want to go into medicine. I've heard that shadowing is a good way to find out, but I don't know any doctors and its really hard to find opportunities for people under 18. Suggestions? #medicine...

#medical-school #physician #highschool #healthcare

Giselle L.’s Avatar
Giselle L. Apr 23, 2018 399 views

Will getting a job affect my chances for scholarships at college?

I’m really young and will be going to high school soon, but my family needs the money for the future. I’ve heard about a possibility that if you work while in high school, you won’t get a scholarship for the money. I was wondering if this was true. #scholarship #highschool #college...

#work-life-balance #college-advice

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. May 02, 2018 250 views

How do you become valedictorian of your high school?

I know that becoming valedictorian is much more than just GPA, but what else should I be making sure I am excelling at? #valedictorian...

#highschool

Delaney R.’s Avatar
Delaney R. Apr 26, 2018 274 views

When planning on what to do in college, should I continue all my hobbies from high school?

I am in choir, orchestra, Model United Nations, student government, theatre, and more, but I am not sure whether I should continue all these things in college. What should I continue and what should I quit? #college-advice...

#highschool

Zoya H.’s Avatar
Zoya H. Apr 25, 2018 829 views

Can you get your Masters and Bachelors degree at the same time?

I am considering going into information technologies. I was wondering whether or not I can get my Bachelpr's and Master's degree at the same time in undergrad and/or grad school. #degrees #bs #mba #help...

#highschool

Zitlali G.’s Avatar
Zitlali G. Jan 12, 2018 380 views

If I already took Biology and Chemistry what other class could I take in highschool to help me become a Registered Nurse

Im a #highschool student wanting to become a Registered Nurse I'm done with my two required #classes and I would like to know what other class I could take to help me achieve my goal of becoming a #registered-nurse #nursing #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

James M.’s Avatar
James M. Jan 03, 2018 413 views
Patrick D.’s Avatar
Patrick D. Sep 01, 2017 339 views

What support programs are there for students with autism in college? #autism#support

I am asking since my parents want me to have extra support while in college? # autism#support .#technolgy #medicine #highschool #college #disabilities #accessibility...

#autism-spectrum-disorders

Kylie B.’s Avatar
Kylie B. Mar 18, 2018 251 views

What would be the pathway to take to go pre-med in college?

In high school, the closest thing to a medical degree we have talked about is biology so I don't know what classes, volunteer programs, or internships I should take to help me get into college for pre-med. #premed #medicine...

#highschool

Joey L.’s Avatar
Joey L. Mar 18, 2018 303 views

How can I find a balance in my college decision/choice?

I attend a high school with 300 students total and this makes me jealous of students that attend a bigger high school than mine. Because of this, I would like to go to a farther college and live on campus to experience the full offer of college. However, I am torn because my parents require my...

#family #highschool #college

Malina D.’s Avatar
Malina D. Mar 15, 2018 263 views

Does taking challenging courses in high school actually pay off?

Initially, when I began taking accelerated courses --which evolved into Honors programs and AP classes-- my goal was to complete most necessary classes so that by senior year I could go home after fourth period. Now here I am, at that aspired goal of checked off credits and possessing the...

#classes #highschool #credits #high-school-classes #college

Haley C.’s Avatar
Haley C. Mar 13, 2018 250 views

What advice would you give to a student applying to their dream school?

I'll be a #highschool senior in the fall! What do you wish you heard earlier in the application process? What did you wish you had done earlier in high school to help yourself get into your dream school? I am head-over-heels for Duke! Any advice to prepare an eager student is much...

#college-admissions #college

George L.’s Avatar
George L. Feb 15, 2018 1417 views

AP Bio junior or senior year?

I'm a sophomore going into junior year and I'm planning to take AP Bio since I might go into the medical field. One of my teachers said that if I take AP Bio junior year I'll start to forget it by the time I take pre-med classes in college. Also whichever year I don't take AP Bio I'll take AP...

#courses #medschool #highschool #college-advice

Avni T.’s Avatar
Avni T. Feb 10, 2018 570 views

How can I find good internship opportunities as a high school student?

I have a Linkedin but all the internships require one to be currently pursuing a college degree but I'm still a senior in high school. I'm interested in UX Design and Computer science. #computerscience #user-experience #user-experience-design #internships #highschool...

#highschoolsenior

Jason C.’s Avatar
Jason C. Jan 22, 2018 377 views

What should i learn to be a game designer?

I have zero experience in gaming design, but i want to learn. It is like one of my dream jobs. Is unity a good one to start with? I like Dota 2, Overwatch, and Lost Saga. #highschool #game-design...

#technology

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 263 views

What scholarship are good for future medical students?

I come from a low-income family, and plan on going to college for at least 10 years for forensic pathology. What kind of scholarships should I apply to? #highschool #freshmen #medicine-education #scholarships #financial-aid #forensic-investigation #medicine...

#low-income

Harley S.’s Avatar
Harley S. Jan 21, 2018 310 views

What are the average requirements for a thesis or dissertation?

I am an avid writer, and I don't think a thesis or dissertation will be too difficult for me. However, this is a high school student speaking, so I can't really be sure. I'd like to know ( on average) what the requirements are in the forensic pathology field, so I can get used to writing with...

#writing #dissertation #thesis #highschool #masters #forensics #medical-education #doctorate-degree