Career Questions tagged Highschool

Layla E.’s Avatar
Layla E. Nov 07 19 views

how do you get through school or college with a baby

I'm in 10th grade...

#highschool

Nicole A.’s Avatar
Nicole A. Oct 11 27 views

should i quit band?

So i just joined band this august and i’m in color guard. now i absolutely love twirling my flag and being in the field and hearing that crowd in that huge football stadium we have at my school, but i hate everything else. i just got told i can’t perform at the game tomorrow or at competition...

#highschool #marchingband #columbia #band #quitting #quit #shouldi #colorguard

Ramses G.’s Avatar
Ramses G. Apr 17 54 views
Kimberly G.’s Avatar
Kimberly G. Apr 10 132 views

How do you shadow a career?

I've been looking on how to shadow a business career. I want to go in either marketing or communications for a major and want to shadow someone to see if I would like the job. I live in Los Angeles so I feel like there'd be a lot of business workers near me but I don't know how to contact them....

#marketing #business #highschool #communications

henry F.’s Avatar
henry F. Mar 18 92 views

So how would i start in the cannabis industry?

so your boi is 14 and one of the careers I'm high key interested in is the cannabis one since I already have these things ready like the store that I can buy and some other stuff but I don't really know about all these kinds of seeds and how I would need to take care of them and like knowing...

#highschool #career #cannabis

Dinah B.’s Avatar
Dinah B. Nov 14, 2018 190 views

How do you know a career is right for you? What if you have a lot of interests but you don't know which one is the perfect fit?

I am in 11th grade and I have a small idea of what I want to do. I am interested in the medical field but I am not confident about it. I want to help others and I want to know if I should pursue this path. It is hard and I do not want to end up not liking it the career I choose. #career-choice...

#medicine #highschool #help #junior #doctor #career #healthcare

Erica H.’s Avatar
Erica H. Oct 11, 2018 156 views

Can I work on medical assistant certification during high school?

I really want to be a medical assistant while I’m working on my bachelors degree. I’m a senior in high school with 3 classes and I was just gonna see if I could start on the 9 month program now so that I could start a job next fall? I don’t want an associate degree in medical assisting but just...

#medicalassistant #highschool #work

Alyssa R.’s Avatar
Alyssa R. Aug 30, 2018 267 views

What was your deciding factor when choosing which college to attend?

I have a few options that I'm considering at the moment, but I can't find anything that stands out about each college that might put one above the others. I was wondering if there was anything, other than such things as scholarships and financial aid that made you chose which college you...

#undergraduate #highschool

Vanessa R.’s Avatar
Vanessa R. Aug 24, 2018 151 views
Jennifer L.’s Avatar
Jennifer L. Aug 17, 2018 226 views

An an aspiring high school mathematics teacher. what are some tips or activities I could use to engage my students in learning and make it enjoyable and fun instead of sitting in classroom for almost 2 hours?

Mathematics is one of the few subjects students struggle on and I aspire to be the teacher who make math exciting and easy to learn, but I have no clue on how to teach my students specific concepts in order for them to understand it. #mathteacher #educationmajor #highschool #teacher...

#study #teaching

Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018 130 views

What is a goal GPA for a high school student?

The GPA is very important to colleges. I want to make sure I fit the expectation! #highschool #gpa...

Carolyn S.’s Avatar
Carolyn S. Aug 16, 2018 153 views

Do colleges look for involvement with sports and organizations?

I participate in cheerleading, track and field, fellowship of christian atheles, younglife, and multiple volunteering programs. Are colleges interested in students tha can balance these things and maintaining a good GPA. Basically, what impact does extra-curriculars bring to the college world....

#cheer #college #trackandfield #highschool #volunteer #gpa #christian

Riley D.’s Avatar
Riley D. Aug 14, 2018 118 views

Will being apart of an Honors College give me career opportunities during and after college?

I'm entering my freshman year of high school and was thinking about trying to get into an Honors College. Is the extra work on my gpa to get into an Honors College worth possibly not having as many extra curricula's on my resume? #honorscollege #highschool #freshman...

#gpa

Anna S.’s Avatar
Anna S. Aug 11, 2018 176 views

If I am able, would it be beneficial to me if I started a new club at my school?

I've considered starting a new club at my school, but I don't know if it'll be worth it. I have a very busy schedule and most of the students at my school don't join clubs or take them seriously. I don't want to waste my time if it's not going to be worthwhile. #club #extracurricular...

#collegeapplication #highschool

Nailiah S.’s Avatar
Nailiah S. Jun 28, 2018 213 views

Do you have any suggestion on what my qualitative research about financial literacy would be about?

I'm having a hard time looking for good thesis statement, and you may have your past research that you could share to me. #research # #researcher #highschool #financial-literacy #management #finance...

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. May 29, 2018 252 views

Should I take AP Biology or Honors Anatomy/Physiology HS Junior Year?

I've already discussed with my counselor on what classes I will be taking next year as a Junior. I'm taking two APs for sure, which are AP English Language and AP US History. However, I'm determined to do another AP which is AP Biology. I don't know whether I should take AP Biology or Honors...

#advancedplacement #uci #aps #highschool

Alexia G.’s Avatar
Alexia G. May 21, 2018 310 views

College Scholarships

Hi! My mom is a single parent who's had to take care of me since I was seven years old with the help of her family. She is also a soldier in the US Army, so I was wondering if there are certain scholarships for military dependents and if so what are they? #highschool #collegeapplications...

#militarydependent #federal-government #scholarships

Karisma B.’s Avatar
Karisma B. May 11, 2018 250 views

How am I supposed to pay for tuition without going into debt?

I’m on my own when it comes to the college experience, and I really don’t want to be in debt for the rest of my life all because I wanted a better education. FAFSA can only cover so much of the tuition, how am I supposed to manage being a full time student as well as a full time employee?...

#school #scholarships #highschool #fafsa

Ava C.’s Avatar
Ava C. May 10, 2018 243 views

While in high school, how do you know if medical school is the right decision / path?

I'm currently a junior in high school, and just wondering how I can know whether or not I really want to go into medicine. I've heard that shadowing is a good way to find out, but I don't know any doctors and its really hard to find opportunities for people under 18. Suggestions? #medicine...

#medical-school #highschool #physician #healthcare

Giselle L.’s Avatar
Giselle L. Apr 23, 2018 283 views

Will getting a job affect my chances for scholarships at college?

I’m really young and will be going to high school soon, but my family needs the money for the future. I’ve heard about a possibility that if you work while in high school, you won’t get a scholarship for the money. I was wondering if this was true. #scholarship #highschool #college...

#college-advice #work-life-balance

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. May 02, 2018 202 views

How do you become valedictorian of your high school?

I know that becoming valedictorian is much more than just GPA, but what else should I be making sure I am excelling at? #valedictorian...

#highschool

Delaney R.’s Avatar
Delaney R. Apr 26, 2018 191 views

When planning on what to do in college, should I continue all my hobbies from high school?

I am in choir, orchestra, Model United Nations, student government, theatre, and more, but I am not sure whether I should continue all these things in college. What should I continue and what should I quit? #college-advice...

#highschool

Zoya H.’s Avatar
Zoya H. Apr 25, 2018 459 views

Can you get your Masters and Bachelors degree at the same time?

I am considering going into information technologies. I was wondering whether or not I can get my Bachelpr's and Master's degree at the same time in undergrad and/or grad school. #degrees #bs #mba #help...

#highschool

Zitlali G.’s Avatar
Zitlali G. Jan 12, 2018 287 views

If I already took Biology and Chemistry what other class could I take in highschool to help me become a Registered Nurse

Im a #highschool student wanting to become a Registered Nurse I'm done with my two required #classes and I would like to know what other class I could take to help me achieve my goal of becoming a #registered-nurse #nursing #healthcare...

#hospital-and-health-care

James M.’s Avatar
James M. Jan 03, 2018 332 views
Patrick D.’s Avatar
Patrick D. Sep 01, 2017 271 views

What support programs are there for students with autism in college? #autism#support

I am asking since my parents want me to have extra support while in college? # autism#support .#technolgy #medicine #highschool #college #disabilities #accessibility...

#autism-spectrum-disorders

Kylie B.’s Avatar
Kylie B. Mar 18, 2018 204 views

What would be the pathway to take to go pre-med in college?

In high school, the closest thing to a medical degree we have talked about is biology so I don't know what classes, volunteer programs, or internships I should take to help me get into college for pre-med. #premed #medicine...

#highschool