Career Questions tagged Resume

A résumé is a document that highlights your skills, achievements, and job experience. Most career-related fields require a résumé while pursuing an opportunity. Generally, hiring managers or recruiters process résumés...

Belinda’s Avatar
Belinda Sep 17 78 views

Resume writing

How can I ensure an acceptable resume for future opportunities?

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan Aug 26 73 views

What makes a resume for my job impressive?

Being that i want to do a job in Electrician, what would be impressive or what type of skill, education or experience would i need to have on this resume to make it enough.

Jonathan’s Avatar
Jonathan Jun 29 206 views

Questions Regarding A Librarianship Career

How much does a Librarian earn right out of college? What majors are required to become one, and what non-essential majors would give me an advantage in the field? What types of Librarians receive the highest wages? Also, is it possible to become hired as a Librarian without going to college?...

Anna’s Avatar
Anna Jun 27 118 views

How should I ask for a shadowing opportunity?

So far, I've been making calls to a few optometry centers to ask for a shadowing opportunity. One of the receptionists told me to show up in person. I gave him my resume without directly speaking to their optometrist, who doesn't work on that day. Would it be better to speak with their...

Ki Hyun’s Avatar
Ki Hyun Jun 15 377 views

Master degree course work

First of all, I am an international student and have a year to finish my course. I am doing my masters in mechanical engineering. However, I somehow dived into the computer science field studying human&AI and currently preparing for the graduation project in this field. I am willing to find...

Freddie’s Avatar
Freddie May 31 232 views

Can you put community service on your resume or even college application?

I have about 50+ hours of community service and I was wondering if I can use it for resumes and even college applications. Does it count as extracurricular activities or does it entirely depend on the project that I was working on. I was reading question about this and I remembered that I...

Hildaleez’s Avatar
Hildaleez May 23 142 views

How can I appeal to interior design firms/internships?

I just finished my first year in college as an Interior Design student. Prior to college, I had little to none background and experience in architect or design. My resume mainly shows skills and experience of extracurriculars and office work. How can I appeal to an interior design internship...

So24fia’s Avatar
So24fia May 06 355 views

How to make a good CV ?

Hello!

I was wondering what makes a good CV.

I am a bachelor student majoring in computer science and minoring in business administration. I still don't have any work experience, how can I attract the real world with my CV?

Thank you!

Shaina’s Avatar
Shaina Apr 16 286 views

What do I say in my email?

Hi! I am asked to email my resume to a recruiter for a free internship. Are there any do's/ don'ts in writing emails for a recruiter or formatting that is appropriate? What do I say in the body of the email?

Shaina’s Avatar
Shaina Apr 07 218 views

How do I make a criteria for myself?

I want to do everything, all are important but I can't choose what to prioritize.

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Apr 04 294 views

Can employers do this?

I recently applied for a job that required relocation. I was not willing to relocate and made that *very clear* in writing and during phone calls during the initial screening process. I was told this will not be a problem. Now after giving 4-5 interviews (one was really long) I'm being told the...

Zeeshan’s Avatar
Zeeshan Dec 28, 2021 226 views

what should I include in the outline of a cover latter?

#resume #resume #coverlatter #job-search #business #internship #finance #job-application #job-application #collouge

z’s Avatar
z Dec 26, 2021 571 views

How to write a good resume for computer science fresh graduate?

#resume #computer-science

jaquan’s Avatar
jaquan Dec 14, 2021 241 views

What makes an resume impressive in your field?

I would like to know so I can have an understanding on how to do my resume #resume #lawenforcement #police

Aiden’s Avatar
Aiden Dec 09, 2021 582 views

What is the difference between college and university?

I'm wondering if it would matter on a resume if you went to a university or not or something
#college #university #resume

Aiden’s Avatar
Aiden Nov 07, 2021 484 views

What is important on a resume?

I was wondering what are important things to be put on resumes and what things don't matter
#resume #job-application

Rodrigo’s Avatar
Rodrigo Nov 02, 2021 217 views

How do I make a resume?

I want to get a job and make money. #resume #money #job

Iakov’s Avatar
Iakov Oct 06, 2021 364 views

What can you do for your resume to show experience?

Especially going into the computer science field I believe experience is key to be hired. What are some things I can do to gain more experience to strengthen my resume other than taking courses or doing internships?

#resume #computer #job-application #internship

Nestor’s Avatar
Nestor Sep 18, 2021 354 views

What can I include in my CV if I have no experience

#resume #first-job

Khristian’s Avatar
Khristian Sep 17, 2021 345 views

What would be good to write about on my resume?

#job-search #resume #job-application

Ire’s Avatar
Ire Sep 03, 2021 290 views

Qué puedo poner en mi cv si no tengo experiencia?

#teamneustar, #resumetips , #resumereview, #cvtips, #resume

Rochelle may’s Avatar
Rochelle may Aug 09, 2021 306 views

What makes you a good fit on this job?

#job #job-search #career-counseling #resume

Weam’s Avatar
Weam Jul 02, 2021 439 views

How do I apply for a job when I have no work experience or have done any volunteer work?

I am a newcomer and find it hard to start.
I need to start building my resume. #resume #volunteer #first-job

jeia’s Avatar
jeia Jun 19, 2021 541 views

what is a resume?

i need this answer #resume

Alan’s Avatar
Alan May 20, 2021 381 views

Should I include my political volunteering in my applications and resumes?

I am an Executive Intern for the Young Republicans of Bexar County, and I do a lot of work for them as well. I was selected to be an intern despite only being in high school which is very honorable. However, with bias against conservatives on college campuses, will "liberal" colleges look down...

ayuni’s Avatar
ayuni Apr 10, 2021 44264 views

What is the difference between CV and resume?

#resume #CV

Lourdes’s Avatar
Lourdes Feb 25, 2021 347 views

When is the right time to start preparing for college?

I am currently in High School and I am wondering when should iIstart preparing for college. Also, when should I consider writing my resume?
#college #highschool #resume #resumewriting

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Dec 16, 2020 575 views

What is an appropriate but subtle way to indicate my non-binary identity on a resume?

I've decided on adding my pronouns (they/them) to the header, but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas!

#lgbtq #nonbinary #gender #resume #student #job-interview #interview-skills

Eloy’s Avatar
Eloy Dec 07, 2020 415 views

How should I customize my basic resume for shuttle driver - epic mountain express

#Resume #jobs

CV Office Hours’s Avatar
CV Office Hours Nov 11, 2020 362 views

Can I spice things up graphically on my resume to make it easier to grasp the concepts?

Or should I stick to text-only? Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [42:20] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In...