Career Questions tagged Resume

A résumé is a document that highlights your skills, achievements, and job experience. Most career-related fields require a résumé while pursuing an opportunity. Generally, hiring managers or recruiters process résumés...

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jul 30 117 views

Training for a job on my resume?

I was hired for a teaching position in March and I completed all the training, but then all the in-person classes were cancelled and they didn't have enough online students for me to teach online. I still technically work there and I'm waiting for classes to return to in-person. Should I...

#resume #teaching #july #jobs #july20 #covid19 #training

Kelly R.’s Avatar
Kelly R. Jul 30 131 views
olive P.’s Avatar
olive P. Jul 27 174 views

What is the best age to start making a physical resume?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am realizing that it may be a good idea to start creating a resume and wondering if I should, and if so what is the best kind of thing to put on it? #high-school #education #resume #student...

Daniella G.’s Avatar
Daniella G. Jul 25 127 views

Are recruiters looking more into creative (colorful) or formal (black and white) resumes?

I am a current student looking into applying for social media marketing jobs and other positions in the marketing field. I have had submitted my minimalistic creative resume but I have always been curious if one option is better than the other in the eyes of a recruiter. Oh, and how do we know...

#resume #student #marketing #july20

Daniella G.’s Avatar
Daniella G. Jul 25 195 views

What is the biggest mistake you see in a resume?

I am a senior attending university majoring in business administration. I am currently applying for internships that could lead to my career path after graduation. #marketing #career-path...

#resume

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Jul 17 81 views

What should I do to get a first time job?

I've made a basic resume, and because it's my first job I don't have much on it. It's basic, and has some skills and volunteer experience on it. But when I applied in store and online to about 20 places, none of them reached back to me. #first-job #entry-level #job-search #resume #july20 Is...

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jun 02 220 views

How to ask for references?

I've been applying for volunteer and job positions for the summers and ALL of them require references and past employers. Although I have a strong list of teachers and a few past employers, my list is pretty short. (All my positions were long term, I have more quality than quantity) I feel bad...

#job #application #resume #references

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27 208 views

How to make an resume ATS friendly?

I recently submitted my resume to Indeed.com, unfortunately my information did not transfer correctly. I believe the format of my resume is at fault here. What are some great tips to remind when making a resume? What are some great resources or websites that help create a resume that is ATS-...

#job-application #resume #resume-writing #job-search

Polina W.’s Avatar
Polina W. May 22 252 views

How much education should you include in a CV / resume?

Hi, I was wondering what the amount of education that should be included in a resume / CV. I was always under the impression that everything should be included, so in my case as a student in the UK, I would include everything from my GCSE's, A-Levels and then my university / college degree....

#job #resume #college #career

Polina W.’s Avatar
Polina W. May 22 334 views

How many pages for a resume / CV?

Hello, What is the recommended number of pages for a resume / CV? The general consensus​ seems to be saying two sides, however, #resume #job-application #job-search #job #career I have heard from many recruiters and people in general that only one side is preferred. What are your...

carmen C.’s Avatar
carmen C. May 10 219 views

Where can I get a job quickly?

Communicative, quick learner, skillful, good listener #job-search #job #career...

#resume

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. May 05 311 views

What are acceptable hobbies to put on your resume? Sports, reading, video games, card games, exercising, and writing are all things I do

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #resume...

Nancy N.’s Avatar
Nancy N. Apr 29 184 views

How to build an outstanding resume that fits my experience

Am Nancy chinwe Nwokedi, a B.sc holder in economics, am 33 years from Nigeria but lives in UAE. Am still looking for job in UAE, before now I work as a customer service Representative with an insurance company from 2016 - 2020/02/25. #resume...

#job-search

Tiana W.’s Avatar
Tiana W. Apr 24 277 views

Does anyone have advice for college applications?

I'm a sophomore in high school who's looking to get a head start on college applications or improving my resume. I'm interested in business and possibly a job in the medical field (?) and was wondering if anyone had any advice for what I should do to catch the attention of college application...

#resume #medical #college #university #business

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Apr 22 231 views

Does it look good having a summer job on my resume even if it is unrelated to my professional goals.

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #job #resume...

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Apr 22 127 views

What should I do this summer in order to prepare my resume for college now that many internships have been cancelled?

Christie C.’s Avatar
Christie C. Apr 04 352 views

What are some best practices for building a LinkedIn profile as a college student?

On a more specific note, should I include my role in an executive board for a student organization in the experiences section or in the volunteering section? #student #resume #job #career #college #linkedin...

#job-search

Driscilla C.’s Avatar
Driscilla C. Apr 03 245 views

How do I get a job in the creative field with no experience?

I've been looking for a place to start. Also struggling to find connections. #job-search #internship #career #resume #artist...

#designer

KAREN L.’s Avatar
KAREN L. Mar 21 258 views

How to brighten up my CV?

A girl that needs some inspiration #tech...

#resume

charlotte H.’s Avatar
charlotte H. Mar 07 361 views

What's the most important part of a resume?

Which aspect of my resume should I highlight or refer to in my cover letter to have the most impactful and effective application? #job-application #resume #job-search...

#interviews

charlotte H.’s Avatar
charlotte H. Mar 07 199 views

Most Important Part to an Internship Application

I realize not all industries or jobs are alike, but I think it'd be worthwhile to ask. When applying to a summer internship and including my resume, cover letter, and letter of recommendation- which of these 3 do you find to be the most valuable/important? #internship #resume #job...

#application