Career Questions tagged Resume

A résumé is a document that highlights your skills, achievements, and job experience. Most career-related fields require a résumé while pursuing an opportunity. Generally, hiring managers or recruiters process résumés...

Hildaleez P.’s Avatar
Hildaleez P. 18 hours ago 10 views

How can I appeal to interior design firms/internships?

I just finished my first year in college as an Interior Design student. Prior to college, I had little to none background and experience in architect or design. My resume mainly shows skills and experience of extracurriculars and office work. How can I appeal to an interior design internship...

So24fia H.’s Avatar
So24fia H. May 06 63 views

How to make a good CV ?

Hello!

I was wondering what makes a good CV.

I am a bachelor student majoring in computer science and minoring in business administration. I still don't have any work experience, how can I attract the real world with my CV?

Thank you!

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 16 152 views

What do I say in my email?

Hi! I am asked to email my resume to a recruiter for a free internship. Are there any do's/ don'ts in writing emails for a recruiter or formatting that is appropriate? What do I say in the body of the email?

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Apr 04 158 views

Can employers do this?

I recently applied for a job that required relocation. I was not willing to relocate and made that *very clear* in writing and during phone calls during the initial screening process. I was told this will not be a problem. Now after giving 4-5 interviews (one was really long) I'm being told the...

Zeeshan R.’s Avatar
Zeeshan R. Dec 28, 2021 178 views
jaquan J.’s Avatar
jaquan J. Dec 14, 2021 194 views

What makes an resume impressive in your field?

I would like to know so I can have an understanding on how to do my resume #resume #lawenforcement #police

Aiden A.’s Avatar
Aiden A. Dec 09, 2021 347 views

What is the difference between college and university?

I'm wondering if it would matter on a resume if you went to a university or not or something
#college #university #resume

Aiden A.’s Avatar
Aiden A. Nov 07, 2021 311 views

What is important on a resume?

I was wondering what are important things to be put on resumes and what things don't matter
#resume #job-application

Rodrigo B.’s Avatar
Rodrigo B. Nov 02, 2021 180 views

How do I make a resume?

I want to get a job and make money. #resume #money #job

Iakov T.’s Avatar
Iakov T. Oct 06, 2021 299 views

What can you do for your resume to show experience?

Especially going into the computer science field I believe experience is key to be hired. What are some things I can do to gain more experience to strengthen my resume other than taking courses or doing internships?

#resume #computer #job-application #internship

Weam A.’s Avatar
Weam A. Jul 02, 2021 336 views

How do I apply for a job when I have no work experience or have done any volunteer work?

I am a newcomer and find it hard to start.
I need to start building my resume. #resume #volunteer #first-job

jeia R.’s Avatar
jeia R. Jun 19, 2021 303 views
Alan S.’s Avatar
Alan S. May 20, 2021 316 views

Should I include my political volunteering in my applications and resumes?

I am an Executive Intern for the Young Republicans of Bexar County, and I do a lot of work for them as well. I was selected to be an intern despite only being in high school which is very honorable. However, with bias against conservatives on college campuses, will "liberal" colleges look down...

Lourdes J.’s Avatar
Lourdes J. Feb 25, 2021 313 views

When is the right time to start preparing for college?

I am currently in High School and I am wondering when should iIstart preparing for college. Also, when should I consider writing my resume?
#college #highschool #resume #resumewriting

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 16, 2020 514 views

What is an appropriate but subtle way to indicate my non-binary identity on a resume?

I've decided on adding my pronouns (they/them) to the header, but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas!

#lgbtq #nonbinary #gender #resume #student #job-interview #interview-skills

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 11, 2020 321 views

Can I spice things up graphically on my resume to make it easier to grasp the concepts?

Or should I stick to text-only? Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [42:20] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 05, 2020 362 views

How to stand out with lack of experience for my prospective field?

It’s the medical field and emphasizes a lot of hands-on experience but I’m unable to get any because of COVID. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 369 views

How do I better highlight my marketing experience on my resume?

There were always marketing aspects in my past several jobs. Now I want to apply to marketing-focused jobs. The job description asks for 5 years of relevant marketing experience. The 5 years of experience I have are not consistent, and my job title does not sound marketing related. How do I...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 258 views

Is a functional style resume taken seriously?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [43:00] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 213 views

If a qualified job reference AKA working certificate is required to be handed in with your resume, and it's sub-par, how would you deal with that situation?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [41:10] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 292 views

Is it okay to be more artistic/creative with your resume if you're applying for a more creative job?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [39:48] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 430 views

How to incorporate significant volunteer experiences into the resume?

I'm transitioning from education to community impact. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [38:45] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related...