Career Questions tagged Resume

A résumé is a document that highlights your skills, achievements, and job experience. Most career-related fields require a résumé while pursuing an opportunity. Generally, hiring managers or recruiters process résumés...

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jun 02 179 views

How to ask for references?

I've been applying for volunteer and job positions for the summers and ALL of them require references and past employers. Although I have a strong list of teachers and a few past employers, my list is pretty short. (All my positions were long term, I have more quality than quantity) I feel bad...

#job #resume #references #application

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27 161 views

How to make an resume ATS friendly?

I recently submitted my resume to Indeed.com, unfortunately my information did not transfer correctly. I believe the format of my resume is at fault here. What are some great tips to remind when making a resume? What are some great resources or websites that help create a resume that is ATS-...

#resume #job-search #job-application #resume-writing

Polina W.’s Avatar
Polina W. May 22 190 views

How much education should you include in a CV / resume?

Hi, I was wondering what the amount of education that should be included in a resume / CV. I was always under the impression that everything should be included, so in my case as a student in the UK, I would include everything from my GCSE's, A-Levels and then my university / college degree....

#job #resume #career #college

Polina W.’s Avatar
Polina W. May 22 247 views

How many pages for a resume / CV?

Hello, What is the recommended number of pages for a resume / CV? The general consensus​ seems to be saying two sides, however, #resume #job-application #job-search #job #career I have heard from many recruiters and people in general that only one side is preferred. What are your...

carmen C.’s Avatar
carmen C. May 10 156 views

Where can I get a job quickly?

Communicative, quick learner, skillful, good listener #job-search #job #career...

#resume

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. May 05 252 views

What are acceptable hobbies to put on your resume? Sports, reading, video games, card games, exercising, and writing are all things I do

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #resume...

Nancy N.’s Avatar
Nancy N. Apr 29 155 views

How to build an outstanding resume that fits my experience

Am Nancy chinwe Nwokedi, a B.sc holder in economics, am 33 years from Nigeria but lives in UAE. Am still looking for job in UAE, before now I work as a customer service Representative with an insurance company from 2016 - 2020/02/25. #resume...

#job-search

Tiana W.’s Avatar
Tiana W. Apr 24 210 views

Does anyone have advice for college applications?

I'm a sophomore in high school who's looking to get a head start on college applications or improving my resume. I'm interested in business and possibly a job in the medical field (?) and was wondering if anyone had any advice for what I should do to catch the attention of college application...

#medical #college #business #university #resume

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Apr 22 194 views

Does it look good having a summer job on my resume even if it is unrelated to my professional goals.

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #job #resume...

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Apr 22 102 views

What should I do this summer in order to prepare my resume for college now that many internships have been cancelled?

Christie C.’s Avatar
Christie C. Apr 04 298 views

What are some best practices for building a LinkedIn profile as a college student?

On a more specific note, should I include my role in an executive board for a student organization in the experiences section or in the volunteering section? #student #resume #job #career #college #linkedin...

#job-search

Driscilla C.’s Avatar
Driscilla C. Apr 03 145 views

How do I get a job in the creative field with no experience?

I've been looking for a place to start. Also struggling to find connections. #job-search #internship #career #resume #artist...

#designer

KAREN L.’s Avatar
KAREN L. Mar 21 214 views

How to brighten up my CV?

A girl that needs some inspiration #tech...

#resume

charlotte H.’s Avatar
charlotte H. Mar 07 315 views

What's the most important part of a resume?

Which aspect of my resume should I highlight or refer to in my cover letter to have the most impactful and effective application? #job-application #resume #job-search...

#interviews

charlotte H.’s Avatar
charlotte H. Mar 07 148 views

Most Important Part to an Internship Application

I realize not all industries or jobs are alike, but I think it'd be worthwhile to ask. When applying to a summer internship and including my resume, cover letter, and letter of recommendation- which of these 3 do you find to be the most valuable/important? #internship #resume #job...

#application

Priyanka G.’s Avatar
Priyanka G. Jan 21 122 views

Although badminton won’t be the sole reason for my admission in Stanford if it happens , will it be at least helpful to a certain extent

As it is a club sport and i will have a chance to play there and in some of the competitions they participate in, will badminton have atleast some contribution to my resume or not? #badminton#stanford #resume #career...

#college-advice

Kaya T.’s Avatar
Kaya T. Dec 10, 2019 183 views
Paula C.’s Avatar
Paula C. Oct 21, 2019 226 views

How would I do a resume?

I'm looking to do a professional resume to include my college courses...

#resume

Jennifer L.’s Avatar
Jennifer L. Sep 18, 2019 93 views

What job can I get in HVAC?

I am looking for a job that is welling to pay me really good and have flexibility hours. #career...

#resume

Nancy S.’s Avatar
Nancy S. Sep 04, 2019 166 views

What's the best format for a resume?

Starting out looking for my first job out of college...

#resume

Jolleen R.’s Avatar
Jolleen R. Aug 12, 2019 228 views

If job applications have a section to upload your Resume, but don't have a section to upload your Cover Letter, do you attach the Cover Letter to your Resume?

Not sure if every company has separate sections for uploading Resumes and Cover Letters, but I've ran into both situations and wasn't sure if you're supposed to attach the cover letter when there is only an "Upload Resume" section. #coverletter #resume #application...

#job-application

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Aug 06, 2019 209 views

What summer trip is going to look best on college and job applications?

I can either do a Summer Seminar at one of the service academies (USAFA, USMA, USNA), FLC at Norwich University, or a 16-day Humanitarian Trip (Probably a HEFY trip). #college #job #career #college-advice #job-search #resume #humanitarian #military #job-application #networking #academy #efy...

#hefy #seminar #university