Career Questions tagged Resume

A résumé is a document that highlights your skills, achievements, and job experience. Most career-related fields require a résumé while pursuing an opportunity. Generally, hiring managers or recruiters process résumés...

Lourdes J.’s Avatar
Lourdes J. yesterday 51 views

When is the right time to start preparing for college?

I am currently in High School and I am wondering when should iIstart preparing for college. Also, when should I consider writing my resume? #college #highschool #resume...

#resumewriting

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 16, 2020 224 views

What is an appropriate but subtle way to indicate my non-binary identity on a resume?

I've decided on adding my pronouns (they/them) to the header, but was wondering if anyone had any other ideas! #lgbtq #nonbinary #gender #resume #student #job-interview...

#interview-skills

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 157 views

How to incorporate significant volunteer experiences into the resume?

I'm transitioning from education to community impact. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [38:45] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related...

#job-applications #resume-building #resume

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 118 views

How can I address gaps in my knowledge or knowledge that deviates from my field when applying to a job?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [37:50] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

#job-applications #resume-building #skillset #resume

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 96 views

How do I focus on a hybrid resume of marketing, creative, culture, and data when I'm changing industries?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [36:25] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

#job-applications #changing-industries #resume-building #resume

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 102 views

How can I pinpoint transferrable skills from an old job to a new job in a new industry domain?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [34:47] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

#job-applications #resume-building #resume #new-job #skillset

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 76 views

How do you come up with outcomes and numbers when you don't have the stats?

This is in reference to including specific details on performance or accomplishments when writing a resume. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [35:27] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 100 views

Is it okay to be more artistic/creative with your resume if you're applying for a more creative job?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [39:48] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

#job-applications #resume-building #creative #resume

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 60 views

If a qualified job reference AKA working certificate is required to be handed in with your resume, and it's sub-par, how would you deal with that situation?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [41:10] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

#job-applications #resume-building #resume #work-certificate #references

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 73 views

Is a functional style resume taken seriously?

Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [43:00] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In this case, the topic was resume...

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 03, 2020 141 views

How do I better highlight my marketing experience on my resume?

There were always marketing aspects in my past several jobs. Now I want to apply to marketing-focused jobs. The job description asks for 5 years of relevant marketing experience. The 5 years of experience I have are not consistent, and my job title does not sound marketing related. How do I...

#job-experience #job-applications #resume-building #resume #marketing

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 05, 2020 115 views

How to stand out with lack of experience for my prospective field?

It’s the medical field and emphasizes a lot of hands-on experience but I’m unable to get any because of COVID. Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours...

#covid #resume #medical #resume-writing #experience

CV Office Hours .’s Avatar
CV Office Hours . Nov 11, 2020 131 views

Can I spice things up graphically on my resume to make it easier to grasp the concepts?

Or should I stick to text-only? Office Hours #1: Resume Writing with Judy Park [42:20] This question was posed by a question during one of our most recent "CareerVillage Office Hours" sessions. During Office Hours sessions, we invite students to pose questions related to a specific topic. In...

#resume #creative #resume-writing

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jul 30, 2020 230 views

Training for a job on my resume?

I was hired for a teaching position in March and I completed all the training, but then all the in-person classes were cancelled and they didn't have enough online students for me to teach online. I still technically work there and I'm waiting for classes to return to in-person. Should I...

#july20 #jobs #july #resume #training #teaching #covid19

Kelly R.’s Avatar
Kelly R. Jul 30, 2020 265 views
olive P.’s Avatar
olive P. Jul 27, 2020 257 views

What is the best age to start making a physical resume?

I am a sophomore in high school and I am realizing that it may be a good idea to start creating a resume and wondering if I should, and if so what is the best kind of thing to put on it? #high-school #education #resume #student...

Daniella G.’s Avatar
Daniella G. Jul 25, 2020 219 views

Are recruiters looking more into creative (colorful) or formal (black and white) resumes?

I am a current student looking into applying for social media marketing jobs and other positions in the marketing field. I have had submitted my minimalistic creative resume but I have always been curious if one option is better than the other in the eyes of a recruiter. Oh, and how do we know...

#july20 #resume #student #marketing

Daniella G.’s Avatar
Daniella G. Jul 25, 2020 289 views

What is the biggest mistake you see in a resume?

I am a senior attending university majoring in business administration. I am currently applying for internships that could lead to my career path after graduation. #marketing #career-path...

#resume

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Jul 17, 2020 197 views

What should I do to get a first time job?

I've made a basic resume, and because it's my first job I don't have much on it. It's basic, and has some skills and volunteer experience on it. But when I applied in store and online to about 20 places, none of them reached back to me. #first-job #entry-level #job-search #resume #july20 Is...

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jun 02, 2020 296 views

How to ask for references?

I've been applying for volunteer and job positions for the summers and ALL of them require references and past employers. Although I have a strong list of teachers and a few past employers, my list is pretty short. (All my positions were long term, I have more quality than quantity) I feel bad...

#job #resume #references #application

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27, 2020 324 views

How to make an resume ATS friendly?

I recently submitted my resume to Indeed.com, unfortunately my information did not transfer correctly. I believe the format of my resume is at fault here. What are some great tips to remind when making a resume? What are some great resources or websites that help create a resume that is ATS-...

#resume-writing #job-search #resume #job-application

Polina W.’s Avatar
Polina W. May 22, 2020 354 views

How much education should you include in a CV / resume?

Hi, I was wondering what the amount of education that should be included in a resume / CV. I was always under the impression that everything should be included, so in my case as a student in the UK, I would include everything from my GCSE's, A-Levels and then my university / college degree....

#resume #career #job #college

Polina W.’s Avatar
Polina W. May 22, 2020 501 views

How many pages for a resume / CV?

Hello, What is the recommended number of pages for a resume / CV? The general consensus​ seems to be saying two sides, however, #resume #job-application #job-search #job #career I have heard from many recruiters and people in general that only one side is preferred. What are your...

carmen C.’s Avatar
carmen C. May 10, 2020 334 views

Where can I get a job quickly?

Communicative, quick learner, skillful, good listener #job-search #job #career...

#resume

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. May 05, 2020 391 views

What are acceptable hobbies to put on your resume? Sports, reading, video games, card games, exercising, and writing are all things I do

I'm in high school hoping to go into either a health or law profession after college. I am currently undecided about which university I want to go to and what my major will be. #resume...