Career Questions tagged Religion

Walker’s Avatar
Walker Nov 10, 2022 61 views

Amount of years on average to get a theology degree?

How long on average does it take to obtain a pastoral/theology degree at a base level? What are the minimum years needed?

Mia’s Avatar
Mia Apr 14, 2020 996 views

As a non-religious person, should I exclude religiously affiliated colleges and universities from my college search?

Just a quick disclaimer: I do not mean to offend anyone in this post!! I respect your freedom of religion!! So, I do not follow any organized religion. I do not believe in a God or creationism, and I am not spiritual. I guess I can be categorized as a "nihilist." With that being said, I...

Katelynn’s Avatar
Katelynn May 07, 2019 357 views

How do catholic doctors deal with abortions?

I previously asked a question regarding going into the medical field as a career. If I were to go into the medical field how would I handle a situation where a patient wants to have an abortion? I go to a Catholic high school and it is against my religious beliefs. Within my own understanding...

Mia’s Avatar
Mia Aug 21, 2018 491 views

Should I state my religion on college applications?

#religion

Quinn’s Avatar
Quinn May 29, 2018 645 views

What is the best way for a drummer to become a worship leader in a ministry or church?

#ministry
#drummer
#church
#worship #religion #youth #music #seminary

Fiona’s Avatar
Fiona Mar 07, 2018 543 views

What jobs are available to a student with an Asian Studies BA?

I majored in Asian Studies in college and am graduating soon. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the opportunities out there and am having a hard time narrowing down what I'd like to do. I am interested in religion and have traveled a bit to South Asia. Does anyone have any advice on what to focus in...

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Dec 06, 2017 954 views

What can one do with a degree in religion or religious studies?

The last few semesters, I have taken a few courses outside of my major and found that I rather enjoy the religion and mythology based courses that my university offers. It has been brought up to me by my professors that a religion degree is offered, and while I have looked into it a bit, I was...