What can one do with a degree in religion or religious studies?

The last few semesters, I have taken a few courses outside of my major and found that I rather enjoy the religion and mythology based courses that my university offers. It has been brought up to me by my professors that a religion degree is offered, and while I have looked into it a bit, I was wondering if anyone knew what I could do with this degree upon graduation? Is there more than just a personal value to it? Would a minor be a better solution?Thank you!
#undergrad #religion #college #religious-studies #spirituality #theology

2

Arun Kumar’s Answer

Your qualification with a degree in religion can help you in seeking job opportunities in religious institution, many of which are also charity type. If you love 'giving back', you will love the job.

The degree can also help in jobs in social media where religion related programs are aired/telecast

Thank you so much for your response! I had not considered the social media and broadcasting aspects that could be tied back into this work. Ashley H.

0

Rich’s Answer

It is a good major to prepare one for a career in law.

Thank you for your answer! But, how so? Ashley H.

0