Career Questions tagged Job Application

Ashley E.’s Avatar
Ashley E. yesterday 14 views

Which sectors/companies in the business field ask for grades, which don't?

Im new to the village and I have been reading posts about companies like the Big 4 Firms. There is responses that when hiring, they value class grades specifically in accounting. I was wondering how much importance goes to grades, and if there is any changes in different companies or sectors....

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 18 70 views

I just got an offer! How do I tailor my resume?

I just got an offer from a recruiter yesterday. She asked me to send my resume to her email since I want to have an internship to explore the different industries. The recruiter offered me free training in web development. Although, my resume has no experience related to the "web development"...

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 16 71 views

What do I say in my email?

Hi! I am asked to email my resume to a recruiter for a free internship. Are there any do's/ don'ts in writing emails for a recruiter or formatting that is appropriate? What do I say in the body of the email?

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 07 97 views

Where do I find free summer programs 2022?

I want to join a summer program, free and virtual-based only. I don't have a specialization in terms of the subject but I really want to immerse myself in different industries.

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Apr 04 149 views

Can employers do this?

I recently applied for a job that required relocation. I was not willing to relocate and made that *very clear* in writing and during phone calls during the initial screening process. I was told this will not be a problem. Now after giving 4-5 interviews (one was really long) I'm being told the...

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Mar 24 94 views

How do you know if you can discuss an offer letter with someone?

If you receive an offer letter how do you know if are you allowed to review it with someone? If I want to ask the recruiter if I could share it with just my mentor to get advice on the offer is this professional? How should I phrase the question when asking?

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Mar 22 190 views

If you had to bring one item that describes your personality to an interview what would it be?

I was recently told that for an interview I'd have to bring something that describes my personality. I have some things in mind but am curious if anyone else had to do this for an interview. I don't think theres a right or wrong answer as to what you bring (at least not for my interview since...

stephanie L.’s Avatar
stephanie L. Jan 21 134 views

Advice for college interviews

When applying to selective schools, applicants often have to go through interviews in the process. If you’re the interviewer, what’s something you look for (other than passion)? If you’re the interviewee, what’s one thing you wished you knew about interviews before starting one? #interviews...

Zeeshan R.’s Avatar
Zeeshan R. Dec 28, 2021 172 views
Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Dec 13, 2021 674 views

Is it ok to ask this question during a final interview?

After giving a final interview (final round) for a position, if the interviewer does not tell you "you can expect a response in X days", or whether or not you got the position is it ok to ask? If the interview is the hiring manager, how should you phrase it? #interviews #career...

Adrian G.’s Avatar
Adrian G. Dec 11, 2021 156 views

Where to go to create a resume or how to create one.

I am a high schooler that is interested in working #job-application

Megan R.’s Avatar
Megan R. Nov 29, 2021 188 views

Routes to remote admin assistant position?

Trying to build out my resume with volunteer remote work and training on things like excel but not sure how to get my foot in. #job-application #job #assistant

Aiden A.’s Avatar
Aiden A. Nov 07, 2021 291 views

What is important on a resume?

I was wondering what are important things to be put on resumes and what things don't matter
#resume #job-application

kim L.’s Avatar
kim L. Nov 07, 2021 461 views

What are the usual questions do interviewer ask you in applying a flight attendant job. thanks

My name is kim and i'm from davao city, I'm an aspiring flight attendant of cebu pacific pleased to meet you.
#aviation #airline-industry #job-application #interviews #CebuPacific
Can you please give me some interviewee question for Cebu Pacific flight attendant

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Nov 04, 2021 491 views

What are some questions to ask a recruiter for a position you already applied for?

I recently applied for a full time position and am waiting to hear back after they requested additional information about me. In the mean time while I'm waiting for a possible interview, I'm reaching out to recruiters at the company. Sometimes the recruiters don't know anything about my field...

Faith H.’s Avatar
Faith H. Oct 09, 2021 305 views

What jobs can someone with a learning disability do?

Hi my name is Faith and I’m 21 and I also have a learning disability and it’s been hard for me to get a job because of the way I talk in an interview was hard for me to talk in an interview #interviews #job-application #work But mainly I want to work like in fast food or a daycare or as a...

Iakov T.’s Avatar
Iakov T. Oct 06, 2021 285 views

What can you do for your resume to show experience?

Especially going into the computer science field I believe experience is key to be hired. What are some things I can do to gain more experience to strengthen my resume other than taking courses or doing internships?

#resume #computer #job-application #internship

Deepak S.’s Avatar
Deepak S. Aug 15, 2021 314 views

Tell me something about yourself

Tell me something about yourself ? #job-application

aubrey N.’s Avatar
aubrey N. Jun 13, 2021 241 views

what are the summer jobs that fit in the strand ABM

My name is Aubrey
I live in tangke 1, City Of Naga Cebu
I'm 18 years old
My hobbies is watching action movies #job-search #job-application

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27, 2020 565 views

How to make an resume ATS friendly?

I recently submitted my resume to Indeed.com, unfortunately my information did not transfer correctly. I believe the format of my resume is at fault here. What are some great tips to remind when making a resume? What are some great resources or websites that help create a resume that is ATS-...