Career Questions tagged Job Application

Madisyn M.’s Avatar
Madisyn M. Sep 11
Jose L.’s Avatar
Jose L. Aug 30

what should i include when filling out a resume?

what things/subjects should i put into my resume to insure that i get the spot of employment/stand out from everybody else that has applied for the position #job-application #job-search...

#resume-writing

Jolleen R.’s Avatar
Jolleen R. Aug 12

If job applications have a section to upload your Resume, but don't have a section to upload your Cover Letter, do you attach the Cover Letter to your Resume?

Not sure if every company has separate sections for uploading Resumes and Cover Letters, but I've ran into both situations and wasn't sure if you're supposed to attach the cover letter when there is only an "Upload Resume" section. #coverletter #resume #application...

#job-application

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Aug 06

What summer trip is going to look best on college and job applications?

I can either do a Summer Seminar at one of the service academies (USAFA, USMA, USNA), FLC at Norwich University, or a 16-day Humanitarian Trip (Probably a HEFY trip). #college #job #career #college-advice #job-search #resume #humanitarian #military #job-application #networking #academy #efy...

#hefy #seminar #university

david B.’s Avatar
david B. Apr 17
corey C.’s Avatar
corey C. Apr 10
Sael S.’s Avatar
Sael S. Mar 31
Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. Mar 05
Abner T.’s Avatar
Abner T. Mar 04

Do you currently work and if so where?

What was your job title? How was a typical day at your job like? Do you believe you have learned any useful abilities at your job and what they can contribute in? #job #...

#job-application

Jack J.’s Avatar
Jack J. Mar 04

What's the most important skill to have in your chosen field?

Such as problem-solving, critical thinking, or other types of skills like Microsoft excel proficiency/experience using machinery....

#job-application

Meghan C.’s Avatar
Meghan C. Jan 29

How do I get more looks on my job applications?

I’m a senior in college currently applying for for time employment post graduation. Many of my applications have been sent to companies online and I have not been getting any call backs. I’ve had my resume checked over and have been assured that it look good. I guess I’m trying to find other...

#resume #job-search #job-application #college

Deonte E.’s Avatar
Deonte E. Jan 09

What skills do you use?

# #job-application What skills do you use in the flight attendant...

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Dec 29, 2018

Is it ok to give a generic answer to an interview question?

I am always stuck on the interview question asking me to tell the interviewers a time I was working in a group that I demonstrated leadership skills. The only answer I can come up with is the ghosting of a member and how I reached out to the member to resolve the problem. Is this answer too...

#interviews #advice #career #job-application

Elsa Z.’s Avatar
Elsa Z. Dec 18, 2018

Do employers see value in a Coursera/edX/MOOCs certificates?

I want to continue my studies to build my career and have relevant skills in my field, but it is hard to do in-class courses with a full-time job. This made me strongly consider taking online courses. I definitely think that further education is great for personal growth and learning new...

#education #resume #job-application #certifications #online-courses #career #career-building

Victoria G.’s Avatar
Victoria G. Dec 17, 2018

What are some tips when it comes to making a resume?

I am currently looking for internships in the accounting field. I have never made a resume and don't have any work experience so I am unsure of how to start and what to include in my first resume. I am also wondering what do employers look for in a resume. #resume #internship #job-application...

#business #accounting #finance #job

Naysa B.’s Avatar
Naysa B. Nov 28, 2018

Applying for jobs

Should you apply for jobs if you don't have all the recommended skills needed? Can you learn them when you get there? #job-search #resume...

#job-application

Carson S.’s Avatar
Carson S. Oct 30, 2018

Interning or Making Money

I'm curious about whether I should be focusing on interning this summer as an animator for real world experience and connections or work to try to keep the cost of my education down? Any advice or experience possibly with both? #internship #college #resume #animation #art #summerjob #finance...

#job-application

Brian F.’s Avatar
Brian F. May 24, 2018

Besides a computer science degree, what else can I do while in college to make myself more employable after college?

In addition to working on my college degree in technology, what else should I do while in college to make myself more employable? #computer-science #degree #technology #employable #job-application...

#personal-development

Thompson B.’s Avatar
Thompson B. Feb 24, 2017

Is proficiency in Java enough to get you placed in good company?

I'm a graduate student(MS Computer Science) and I'm gonna be graduating in a year and a half and I wanted to know if there is any skill that I must have besides Java. I would like to know what are the other programming languages/skills that any employer can expect from a potential employee with...

#java #career-details #development #career #software-development #computer-software #job-application #software #personal-development #android

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Oct 01, 2016

Is it exceptional to display a portfolio of your skills on your personally made website?

I have heard that creating your own website is quite exceptional, so I was wondering what are the key points people get for being able to accomplish this task. #skills #portfolio #website-creation #personal-development...

#job-application