Career Questions tagged Internship

Alejandro P.’s Avatar
Alejandro P. 16 hours ago 5 views

What are the chances to get into Investment Banking (any job) as intern without any experience nor a Master's Degree in Finance / CFA? What should I expect in terms of hours worked and chances of growth if I make it?

I am turning 28 this year. My past experience is in Marketing and Sales and just got my Undergraduate Business degree in 2019. During univeristy I picked up some finance subjects as electives like corporate and financial markets. I really love to sell, to invest and to be aware of what happens...

#investmentbanking #ib #banking #investment #entrylevel #internship #business #finance #career #financialanalyst

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Aug 06 32 views

Am I prepared to apply for Electrical Engineering internships?

Hello I'm going into my third year of my EE degree, so far I have take intro circuits and logic design, this semester I will be taking circuits 2 and electronics. My question is am I prepared to apply for internships or should I wait until I'm more into my EE degree? Thank you! #electrical...

#question #engineering #internship

Elianny A.’s Avatar
Elianny A. Jul 30 16 views

What are good firms to get an internship for interior design after high school and going into college in NYC?

Im going to be a junior this year. I would like to start doing research on places I should apply for. #interiordesign...

#internship

Tyson M.’s Avatar
Tyson M. Jul 29 31 views

When going into the nursing field what can be the most difficult thing you face

I’m a very #outgoing person I would love to find a #internship program to go into maybe even for #human-resources since I do so great speaking to people I have a high interest in helping people as well which is why I thought to go into...

#nursing

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 118 views

How do I make the best impression on an interview for a film internship?

I really want to get hands on experience in the film industry, so I want to know what they are really looking for and how to stand out. #july #july20 #film...

#internship

Diogenes L.’s Avatar
Diogenes L. Jul 21 90 views
Yuri G.’s Avatar
Yuri G. Jul 17 57 views

Will there be abroad remote Internships in 2020/2021?

Considering that the Covid situation won't end soon do you think there will be remote internships in the IT field? I think that this choice for IT companies should be really interesting because at least you don't have additional costs except the salary, so I'd like to hear your point of view...

#july20 #it #computerscience #abroad #internship

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 17 38 views

How can I become part of an archival admissions team?

Some of peers that graduated with B.Archs have gone on to work in museum admissions offices for archival teams. This is a line of work that very much interests me but I have no idea how I would maneuver my professional path towards that direction. Most of my classmates who were able to secure...

#archive #july20 #july2020 #career #architecture #internship

Alisa K.’s Avatar
Alisa K. Jul 07 76 views

how and where can i find opportunities for volunteer work?

I would like to do some volunteer work to build up my CV specifically for the topic of medicine do you have any options or advice for where to volunteer? #volunteer #biology #internship...

#doctor

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03 67 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#medicine #medical #biology #research

Logan A.’s Avatar
Logan A. Jun 04 141 views

What kind of experiences would you recommend the summer before senior year and the summer before college in order to get ahead for pre-med in college?

I just finished my junior year in high school and I am wondering how I should be proactive this summer. I have heard that internships and volunteering in clinics is very good if you plan to go into pre-med, but I am unsure of how to get myself out there. Both of my parents did not go into...

#medicine #college #internship #premed

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27 266 views

What volunteering positions are great in order to become a Software Engineer?

I am a Junior at Aviation High School, the past 2 weeks I spend my time trying to find remote volunteering roles. Some of them included WordPress Mentor, Data Entry and Remote Student Mentor/Tutor. Are they any other volunteering positions that could help land my first job at a tech startup or...

#volunteer #engineer #tech #computer #technology #software #internship

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 267 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#engineering #computer-science #research #stem #science #math

Tamra W.’s Avatar
Tamra W. May 25 103 views

MA skills differences

I graduated with associate in applied science for medical assistant in 2008, went back for healthcare administration but didn't finish how can I get a job in my field asap .I've done research...job search EVERY thing.... #medicalismydream #internship #biology #medicine #healthcare...

#doctor

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 214 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#major #minor #engineering #internship #joint-major #research #college-major #career #math

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 21 235 views

When is the best time for a college student to scout for internships and/or research opportunities?

I am taking summer classes this summer and planning to take more next summer so I can lessen my course work over the school year. During the school year I work part time on campus and my school runs by the quarter system, so I feel like summer classes are a must. That being said, I have left...

#college #engineering #internship #research

Juno Elsa O.’s Avatar
Juno Elsa O. May 20 185 views

Do I need prior work and volunteer experience to get an internship?

Hi there! I’m currently an undergraduate student majoring in Psychology and hope to find an internship sometime during the next school year. However, I haven’t had any work or volunteer experience before and am looking for some opportunities to help my chances with internships and jobs in the...

#undergraduate #volunteer #firstjob #psychology #internship

katerina B.’s Avatar
katerina B. May 18 116 views

How many weeks is this internship?

I am a second year university student who is interested in public health and health policy management. I am looking for opportunities where I can gain transferable job skills and create lasting relationships. #internship #healthcare...

#business

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. May 17 310 views

What a safe job site to find internship job/career?

I am looking for an Information technology internship job /volunteer to gain experience. I have used some job sites to find a job (career builder, indeed, snagajob) , but I got scammed. Someone, please provide me a safe job site. #internship #technology #job #human-resources #tech...

#safe #covid19 #college #engineering #jobscam #career

Taylor A.’s Avatar
Taylor A. May 14 169 views

Am I to young to do an Internship?

I'm 13 years old, but I want to do an internship for interior design. Should I wait? #interior-design...

#internship

Allison F.’s Avatar
Allison F. May 13 112 views

How can this internship help me gain valuable experience for working with a non-profit?

I am a college Sophmore at Trinity College, Ct, majoring in Psychology, but also looking for experience with Global Health campaigns. #college #psychology...

#internship