Career Questions tagged Internship

Asuama A.’s Avatar
Asuama A. Dec 03, 2020 79 views

how do I get an internship as a forensic psychology major in college

I am a sophomore in college. I am majoring in forensic psychology and minoring in criminology. I want to get involved through volunteering or internships. #internships #internship...

#college-majors

Marzia M.’s Avatar
Marzia M. Nov 24, 2020 95 views

How to start a career as fashion buyer?

I am a fashion buying student at the University of Westminster struggling to find an internship in the fashion industry. My ultimate aspiration is to become a buyer for a luxury e-commerce retailer but, as it will be my first experience, I am open to everything. I have sent applications for...

#internship #retail #buyer #fashion #future-careers #apparel-and-fashion

Maya P.’s Avatar
Maya P. Nov 13, 2020 78 views

How can a high schooler obtain a machine learning/AI internship?

Where would a high schooler (assuming they have the necessary programming skills) find valuable internships in the field of ML/AI? What would make them stand out as applicants? #computer-science #summer-internship #internship...

#high-school-student

Bella K.’s Avatar
Bella K. Nov 12, 2020 86 views

How can I survive an unpaid internship?

After I graduate high school, my goal is to move to NYC and do 3-4 fashion internships, which I know rarely pay at all. I would really appreciate any tips about how to not go broke living like this! #fashion #intern #internship #summer #apparel-and-fashion...

#fashion-shows

Zach G.’s Avatar
Zach G. Oct 21, 2020 149 views

What exactly happens in an internship?

I'm a sophomore student athlete interested in information technology. #technology #career...

#internship

Juno Elsa O.’s Avatar
Juno Elsa O. May 20, 2020 432 views

Jobs, Volunteering, and Internships

Hi there! I’m currently an undergraduate student majoring in Psychology and hope to find an internship sometime during the upcoming school year. However, I don’t have a ton of work/volunteer experience and I was wondering where I could find some job/work opportunities. I was also wondering if...

#internship #volunteer #psychology #firstjob #undergraduate

Kate D.’s Avatar
Kate D. Sep 12, 2020 154 views

How to do well in an internship for the offer to convert to a full-time role?

Hello, I'm a recent graduate that landed a 6 month trainee/internship programme with the possibility to convert to a full time role following it. Do you have any tips on how I can stand out to make this possible? #internships #internship...

#jobs

Shaima M.’s Avatar
Shaima M. Sep 10, 2020 101 views

Computer Science Degree in Football Analytics?

Hi! So Im a current Computer Science major that really wants to work in the football industry. I'd like a job where I can be hands-on with the team by presenting stats and data, and being able to break down film with coaches and also be able to be there during practice/games. Is there a job...

#internship #jobs #coaching #computer-science #football #film

John D.’s Avatar
John D. Sep 04, 2020 99 views

Are there post graduate internships?

I am a recent graduate and I was looking into law enforcement. Due to these circumstances, most exams are cancelled till who know how long. This would be the time to start looking into other criminal justice careers. #internship...

#criminal-justice

Nikki R.’s Avatar
Nikki R. Aug 20, 2020 113 views

What is a better location to get an internship at? Bigger business or smaller?

I am very interested in going to school to be a Urologist. When applying for an internship, would a bigger or smaller facility give you more on experience.? I feel like a bigger location would be stressful for an intern. On the other hand, I feel like there is more experience. Then I feel at...

#internship #college

Claire G.’s Avatar
Claire G. Aug 15, 2020 133 views

Hi! I am seeking advice on how to get an internship in the law field, preferably at a law firm or something of that kind?

I am a junior in high school from New Jersey, I am interested in pursuing a career in the legal field. I do Forensics at my school, which is a big commitment, so I am hoping for an internship that is flexible with a high school schedule. Anything helps, and thank you! #internships #law...

#internship #political-science

Alejandro P.’s Avatar
Alejandro P. Aug 09, 2020 246 views

What are the chances to get into Investment Banking (any job) as intern without any experience nor a Master's Degree in Finance / CFA? What should I expect in terms of hours worked and chances of growth if I make it?

I am turning 28 this year. My past experience is in Marketing and Sales and just got my Undergraduate Business degree in 2019. During univeristy I picked up some finance subjects as electives like corporate and financial markets. I really love to sell, to invest and to be aware of what happens...

#financialanalyst #internship #entrylevel #business #investmentbanking #banking #finance #career #ib #investment

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Aug 06, 2020 165 views

Am I prepared to apply for Electrical Engineering internships?

Hello I'm going into my third year of my EE degree, so far I have take intro circuits and logic design, this semester I will be taking circuits 2 and electronics. My question is am I prepared to apply for internships or should I wait until I'm more into my EE degree? Thank you! #electrical...

#internship #engineering #question

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Jul 14, 2020 288 views
Elianny A.’s Avatar
Elianny A. Jul 30, 2020 95 views

What are good firms to get an internship for interior design after high school and going into college in NYC?

Im going to be a junior this year. I would like to start doing research on places I should apply for. #interiordesign...

#internship

Tyson M.’s Avatar
Tyson M. Jul 29, 2020 102 views

When going into the nursing field what can be the most difficult thing you face

I’m a very #outgoing person I would love to find a #internship program to go into maybe even for #human-resources since I do so great speaking to people I have a high interest in helping people as well which is why I thought to go into...

#nursing

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30, 2020 173 views

How do I make the best impression on an interview for a film internship?

I really want to get hands on experience in the film industry, so I want to know what they are really looking for and how to stand out. #july #july20 #film...

#internship

Diogenes L.’s Avatar
Diogenes L. Jul 21, 2020 168 views
Yuri G.’s Avatar
Yuri G. Jul 17, 2020 134 views

Will there be abroad remote Internships in 2020/2021?

Considering that the Covid situation won't end soon do you think there will be remote internships in the IT field? I think that this choice for IT companies should be really interesting because at least you don't have additional costs except the salary, so I'd like to hear your point of view...

#july20 #internship #it #computerscience #abroad

Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Jul 17, 2020 99 views

How can I become part of an archival admissions team?

Some of peers that graduated with B.Archs have gone on to work in museum admissions offices for archival teams. This is a line of work that very much interests me but I have no idea how I would maneuver my professional path towards that direction. Most of my classmates who were able to secure...

#july20 #internship #architecture #archive #july2020 #career

Alisa K.’s Avatar
Alisa K. Jul 07, 2020 161 views

how and where can i find opportunities for volunteer work?

I would like to do some volunteer work to build up my CV specifically for the topic of medicine do you have any options or advice for where to volunteer? #volunteer #biology #internship...

#doctor

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jul 03, 2020 142 views

Is it possible to find an internship in biology and research without any prior experience

I'm a 3rd year in college and a Psychology major, but lately I have been wondering if I should switch. Biology, research, and medicine seem to interest me. Is there any possible way where I could find an internship in this field and get acquainted with it with no prior experience? #internship...

#research #biology #medical #medicine

Logan A.’s Avatar
Logan A. Jun 04, 2020 227 views

What kind of experiences would you recommend the summer before senior year and the summer before college in order to get ahead for pre-med in college?

I just finished my junior year in high school and I am wondering how I should be proactive this summer. I have heard that internships and volunteering in clinics is very good if you plan to go into pre-med, but I am unsure of how to get myself out there. Both of my parents did not go into...

#internship #medicine #college #premed

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27, 2020 407 views

What volunteering positions are great in order to become a Software Engineer?

I am a Junior at Aviation High School, the past 2 weeks I spend my time trying to find remote volunteering roles. Some of them included WordPress Mentor, Data Entry and Remote Student Mentor/Tutor. Are they any other volunteering positions that could help land my first job at a tech startup or...

#internship #computer #software #engineer #technology #volunteer #tech