Career Questions tagged Cinematography

Alliyah J.’s Avatar
Alliyah J. May 30 187 views

Since the acting and film world is so competitive, how do I succeed in getting my name out there and where do I start?

I am an incoming sophomore at Georgia State University. So many people attend this school, so I don't know where to start making connections in order to get into the acting and film industry. #july #july20 #actress #acting #film #film-acting #college #cinematography #creativity #inspiration...

#love #hope

Innana R.’s Avatar
Innana R. Jun 05 132 views

what does life as a professional camerman look like?

im interested in going into film but I don't even know what the job itself entails! i love filming, editing, working with directors etc, but is that what it would look like on a day to day basis #art #film #cinematography...

#mediastudies

basem M.’s Avatar
basem M. Nov 19, 2018 219 views

I would like to get a certificate in the film Making (online)

I graduated from a college far from my hobby and work. I want to get a certificate to help me in the film making . I have already worked in this field for five years but I do not have time to study i need to study online #film #cinematography #college...

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 275 views

What are the best schools for majoring in film/cinematography production?

What schools would be best suited for this major? Are there certain schools that have an advantage over others? Would you immediately be able to work in the film industry following graduation and earning your degree? #majors #film #film-production #cinematography #film-schools #film-acting...

#television

Genevieve B.’s Avatar
Genevieve B. Aug 30, 2018 1070 views

How hard is it to get a job in the film industry?

I want to work in the film industry as a screenwriter and on the set of movies and in the future after I've gained more experience I would eventually like to become a director. How hard is it getting jobs in this field? #film #film-acting #film-acting #film-editing #television #movies...

#production #cinematography

Tyler D.’s Avatar
Tyler D. Mar 15, 2018 401 views

How important is college in my situation?

I'm going to try to keep this post short.... movies are my life. I've wanted to make films ever since I was a little kid. I can't see myself doing anything else. I'm currently a freshman at a community college. I'm currently building up my credit and saving up to pay for school. My parents...

#film #film-school #movie-production #college-bound #actor #college-advice #associates-degree #cinematography #independent-films #college-major

Annabella V.’s Avatar
Annabella V. Jan 10, 2018 284 views

What kind of internships/jobs are out there in photography/cinematography that are available for minors?

I'm a fifteen year old filmmaker/visual artist and am looking for ways to make future connections to become a Director/Story Artist/Cinematographer. I also want to start saving up for film school, and other necessities to pursue this career, so any job would be helpful. I'm also mixed raced,...

#film-school #director #female-director #cinematography #motion-pictures-and-film #photography #high-school-jobs

Gwenevere  S.’s Avatar
Gwenevere S. Aug 11, 2016 4345 views

cinematography or editing?

Trying to decide between cinematography and editing what are the skills needed for both areas and what are the career opportunities in the areas. #film-production #personal-development #career-details #editing #cinematography...

#movies

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Oct 22, 2016 740 views

Senior Project: Career Exploration or New Skill?

At my school, all the seniors have to do a senior project. As a Junior who is interested in majoring in film and animation, I do not know whether to make my senior project Career Exploration or a new skill. Which one would be best? A note: Students at my school have different opinions on...

#film-production #seniorproject #college-bound #animation #cinematography #personal-development #college-major

Edzel O.’s Avatar
Edzel O. May 30, 2017 581 views

What If the career I want to pursue isn't very successful?

I like dancing and acting, but I know that to be successful in that career, it's a one in a million chance. I would love to just be apart of that world, either editing or filming the whole thing. But I don't know what college to go and am pretty unsure of going on to pursue it. #film #dancing...

#cinematography

Jeffery P.’s Avatar
Jeffery P. Oct 22, 2016 759 views

Graduate School: Is it worthwhile when going into the Film making Industry?

For some industries, graduate school is more important that others. I may consider taking a graduate program over the years once I finish undergraduate school. However, after undergraduate school what's the best route? #film #entertainment #film-production #movies #cinematography...

#film-editing

Jocelyn C.’s Avatar
Jocelyn C. May 19, 2016 896 views

How many career paths are there within film or television production major?

I have a passion for television and film and am planning to focus mostly on cinematography but realistically speaking, which branch within this major is more likely so ensure a job? Writing, producing, editing, networking? #film #television #cinematography #film-editing #tv-production...

#film-producer

Jocelyn C.’s Avatar
Jocelyn C. May 19, 2016 637 views

Any advice for someone who is planning to major in film?

I have recently decided to major in film production but I continuously receive comments about the competitiveness within the film industry especially for women, at times this makes me second guess my major. Is there any advice or information I should know before I take this on? #film...

#producer #director #television #cinematography

Gabriela C.’s Avatar
Gabriela C. May 17, 2016 737 views

What is the best way to involve yourself in the world of cinematography?

The field of film is one with many hardships and competition, which is why I would like to know what is the real way aside from having your own talent and creativity to actually immerse yourself inside this hard and complex world. #film #entertainment #television #cinematography #cinema...

#competition

Gabriela C.’s Avatar
Gabriela C. May 17, 2016 747 views

When can I start to apply for internships inside the Film Studies field?

This question is because there are many internships for film majors but some of them ask for certain experience or will be admitted once the applicant had completed at least half of its bachelor. Is this the case for every internship or most of them? #film #internship #studies #cinematography...

#cinema #films #film-studies

Kamryn M.’s Avatar
Kamryn M. May 13, 2016 809 views

How easy is it to break into the film industry as one a female and two an Asian?

I am currently on the track of being a film student, and when I graduate I would like to get a job working for a film industry. However I would like to know hard much of a challenge it will be. #art #film #movies #cinematography #camera...

#business-art

Hot C.’s Avatar
Hot C. Sep 02, 2015 713 views

What Californian colleges are the best fit to give Majors on Cinematography and Film design?

I aspire to study and eventually become a screenwriter/producer/ and cinematographer later in life. I find it best to find a wide range of cinematic horizons before I enter college and declare, or at least decide on a solid major. #film #cinematography #screenwriting...

#screenplay

Latianna M.’s Avatar
Latianna M. Jun 10, 2015 790 views

How easy is it to find a job in being a director ?

I am Latianna Miller I am a student at hudson high school and i was wondering if its hard or easy to find a job in being a director #film #artist #director #cinematography #directing...

#directx