Career Questions tagged Animals

Silvia M.’s Avatar
Silvia M. May 17, 2016 360 views

Is there a growing need for animal professionals?

Since more animals are becoming endangered would this mean that capturing them and keeping them in reserveres, sanctuarys and zoos is the future? #animals #zookeeper #animal-conservation #nature-conservation #zoo #college...

#veterinary

hema B.’s Avatar
hema B. May 16, 2016 584 views
Diandra J.’s Avatar
Diandra J. May 15, 2016 392 views

I want to be a Veterinarian, how important is hands on experience to getting into Vet school?

I have not been able to get much experience except in my Vet Science class. #veterinarian #science...

#animals

Victor M.’s Avatar
Victor M. May 05, 2016 802 views
Jaydah L.’s Avatar
Jaydah L. May 14, 2016 437 views

What advice do you have for your people who are interested in studying wild life and becoming a zoologist?

I want to get involved and know if i should have a secondary skill so I won't starve while looking for a job. #science #job #veterinarian #animals #animal-health #wildlife-biology #wildlife...

#pets

krystine S.’s Avatar
krystine S. May 14, 2016 1096 views

What is the most interesting part about being a marine biologist?

I am currently majoring in M.Bio, and I want a job and career that is interesting and exciting, and not a boring job on repeat for the rest of my life #biology #marine-biology #animals...

#oceanography

Lisa G.’s Avatar
Lisa G. May 18, 2016 574 views

How do I find better opportunities to work with animals?

My name is Lisa, I always wanted to work with animals in some form maybe not as a veterinarian, but taking care of animals in danger or to help house pets find homes. I only know about shelters but not exactly where or what I need to be able to continue on the path to stay involve with them. Im...

#veterinarian #animal-health #animal-work #animals

Becca H.’s Avatar
Becca H. May 16, 2016 478 views
Elizabeth B.’s Avatar
Elizabeth B. May 13, 2016 815 views

Is an online program such as the Zoo and Aquarium Science one from the Animal Behavior Institute an accredited program? And if so, can those courses that you take be transferred to a college for further education?

I am debating on whether I should just take the program and become a zoo keeper then later possibly going back to college to further my education in a zoology degree if I so choose. #animals...

#zookeeper

meghan S.’s Avatar
meghan S. Apr 26, 2016 822 views

How did you decide on your career?

Hi, i am in 9th grade and constantly worry about my future. I am always online googling information that i hope will give me something to let me know that i would be useful in a certain profession. I want to understand how people came to choose their professions, without knowing if they would...

#veterinarian #surgeon #technology #modeling #animals #laboratory #photography #anesthesiologist

Sean M.’s Avatar
Sean M. Apr 15, 2016 547 views

What does the day-to day life of a zookeeper look like?

I love animals and would enjoy taking care of them for a living. I was wondering if zookeepers mostly care for the animals, or if they work more on the business side of a zoo. If they do work with the animals, what sort of jobs do they have? #animals...

#zookeeper

Anya T.’s Avatar
Anya T. Apr 13, 2016 554 views

What can I do in high school to prepare me for a potential career in veterinary medicine?

I am a sophomore in high school in Boston, and I was wondering what I can do inside and outside of the classroom in order to prepare me for a potential career as a veterinarian. I understand that getting into vet schools is very difficult, so I would like to know what activities I can...

#veterinarian #veterinary-medicine #veterinary-technician #animals #veterinary

Zeze U.’s Avatar
Zeze U. Apr 04, 2016 604 views

What should is the best college to go to, to become a vet tech?

I want to become a vet tech and I was just wondering on what college was the best. #medicine #colleges #animals...

#veterinary-technician

Sa'Larra J.’s Avatar
Sa'Larra J. Feb 04, 2016 640 views

what college should i attend to become a veterinarian?

i want to go to a good college to become a veterinarian #veterinary #veterinary-medicine...

#animals

Haevyn W.’s Avatar
Haevyn W. Oct 28, 2015 1799 views

What college should I go to if I want to be a vet?

I love animals and always have. I want to know because I loved role playing a vet with my toys and pets, and I want to go to a good school that will give me a good education on how to be a vet. Thank you! #college #veterinary #veterinary-medicine #animals #animal-health...

#animal-rescue

Jeniffer P.’s Avatar
Jeniffer P. Jun 26, 2015 4250 views

What career can i pursue if i want to work with animals besides being a vet?

I'm Jeniffer I am 16 years old, and I'm asking this question because I don't necessarily want to be a vet but I do want to work with animals and help them in any way I can, my question is how can I pursue that career and make money at the same time? I don't want to be a vet because I personally...

#veterinarian #animals

Kristina  C.’s Avatar
Kristina C. Apr 08, 2015 974 views

How much does a veterinarian make yearly?

I want to be a veterinnarian but i want to make sure they make enough money. #science #veterinary...

#animals

Kyle W.’s Avatar
Kyle W. Dec 12, 2014 874 views

To become a veterinarian what high school classes would be beneficial to take

i would like to become a veterinarian, and would like to know which classes would be beneficial to take in my high school career. As well as any schools for veterinarians in the eastern United States. #doctor #veterinarian #veterinary-medicine #animals...

#animal-health

Kyle W.’s Avatar
Kyle W. Dec 12, 2014 6382 views

To become a veterinarian what classes should i take in high school

#animal-health

Jocelyn B.’s Avatar
Jocelyn B. Oct 08, 2014 1008 views

What would be the best undergraduate major to be a veterinarian?Pre-veterinary or Animal Science?

I want to become a veterinarian, but i have no idea which major would be better. The reason for this question is because I am not sure if animal science would be best as your undergraduate major, but i also see that Pre-Vet is mentioned as an undergraduate program but i don't know if that what...

#veterinarian #pet #animal-health #animals

K S.’s Avatar
K S. Oct 08, 2014 766 views

What is the best major to go into if you want to become a breeder of swine or beef?

I am a high school senior and am applying to college with the thinking that I should have an animal science major, but it is turning up that this is mostly relevant if you want to become a vet, which isn't my case. What is the best major to go into for breeding animals? #majors #animals...

#agriculture #animal-science #breeding

Teal K.’s Avatar
Teal K. Apr 30, 2014 803 views

What would be a career path for someone who is considering a career in animal therapy or training?

I enjoy working with animals, and have been considering different options that allow this interaction. I do not want to be a veterinarian, but I do have interests in animal therapy or training, and I was wondering if there is any advice you could give or a path to look into during my college...

#pet #animal-therapy #animals

Andrea H.’s Avatar
Andrea H. Apr 23, 2014 1325 views

What is the starting salary for a small animal veterinarian?

This being for either California or New York please. #veterinarian #veterinary #animals...

#salary

Jesse T.’s Avatar
Jesse T. Apr 22, 2014 2381 views

what are some careers that work with animals but don't require a degree from veterinary school?

I love being around animals and I think being a vet sounds like it would be really good for me but I'm not sure I want to spend an extra four years in college and lots of extra money. Any ideas for other careers that might be fulfilling to me? #college #major #veterinarian...

#animals

Andrea H.’s Avatar
Andrea H. Apr 22, 2014 2867 views

UC Davis vs Cornell University for a pre-vet track?

I was accepted to UC Davis for animal biology and to Cornell University for animal science. I know both are very good schools for veterinarians and have highly rated and ranking vet schools and programs. I have heard that Cornell is a bit more hands on work and there is a lot of opportunity for...

#veterinarian #veterinary #career-path #animals

Alejandra  G.’s Avatar
Alejandra G. Mar 17, 2014 976 views

What schools can I look into for animal care services?

I'm interested in working with animals in the future and I wanted to know about where I could go or what I could look into for working with animals. Whether it is training, or nursing, or anything like that. #veterinarian #veterinary #animals...

#pets

Jaclyn  V.’s Avatar
Jaclyn V. Mar 17, 2014 664 views

What is the environment like in working with animals?

I love animals mostly dogs, but whats the environment like in working with them? Is it stressful and hard to deal with sometimes?...

#animals

Wantionette .’s Avatar
Wantionette . May 23, 2012 9142 views

What is the path to becoming a succesful marine biologist?

I want to become a marine biologist, but I don't know what majors to pursue in college. I have been told that in college I need to take classes in zoology or even animal science, but I don't know the career path for a successful career in marine biology. #career-paths #animals...

#marine

Joannacodman2 .’s Avatar
Joannacodman2 . Feb 08, 2012 2580 views

how do you start marine biology and were should you go if interested ?

i am interested in marine biology and i want to start working whit marine life so how should i start?? #biology #animals...

#marine