Career questions tagged healthcare

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
mahollia85 views

can I go to the army after college?

can you join the army after you get your certification in RN? If so how can i go about doing that?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours333 views

How to get into a medical school and become a neurosurgeon if I didn't take science in high school.?

I just finished my 12th grade. I was a humanities student. I'm currently in Turkey for my bachelor's in Islamic theology. I want to go to a medical school after I'm done with this bachelor's degree. What should I do right now for that and how to get admitted to a good medical school with a scholarship? I'm good with studies, I scored 99% in the 12th grade. My family is financially backward so they can't support me. Where should I choose to study? Note: this question was asked anonymously by a learner

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours191 views

How can I break into the field of healthcare administration if I'm graduating with a major in neuroscience and a minor in Spanish. I would like to go into the business side of Healthcare. What types of jobs am I qualified for Can I realistically get a job in Healthcare if I don't have a business background??

I have research experience but no experience in healthcare. Is it realistic to get a job in the business side of healthcare with a BS in Neuroscience and a minor in Spanish? Note: this question was asked anonymously by a learner

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dylia242 views

How long does it take to become a surgical technologist?

Could you tell me the steps to becoming a surgical technologist?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kennedy273 views

What questions are asked during a interview for nurse-practitioner school?

any personal, work-related, or challenging real-life experience questions

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kennedy195 views

What classes or "pre-requisites" are required in order to apply to a nurse practioner program??

Other than the undergrad general education classes and the RN & BSN core courses...

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours314 views

How to become a paramedic?

Tell us everything we need to do to become a paramedic. Note: We've seen a lot of interest in this career, so we're looking for guidance from our community of professionals.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha393 views

What are some extracurriculars I could do that is stem/medicine based?

I’ve had a lot of ideas on what Extracurriculars I want to do but they just seem too much for me to accomplish as a 16 year old. Some ideas I had was formulating an eco friendly sunscreen using chemistry principals but I would assume you need to have a degree in chemistry. Another idea was creating a skin cancer detecting app, or starting a program by going around to different schools, and/or community centers providing information on skin cancer and hosting events with the help of volunteers from my school. Honestly this all just seems really complicated for me to do especially without a mentor. I plan to start volunteering at a kidney center next month and get a part time job on the weekends. At the moment I am applying to stem/medicine based internships. I need some advice. I am 16 and in 10th grade. I plan to major in chemistry and I aspire to be a dermatologist.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours359 views

How to become a doula?

Share your journey & guide aspiring doulas on their path. Note: Given the growing interest in this field, we're inviting our experienced professionals to share their knowledge.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours330 views

Looking for scholarships for biology or nurse pa?

Note: this question was asked anonymously by a student

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Crystal232 views

what do i pick? So im signing up currently for my college classes ill be taking as a junior next year, if i want to be a doctor (obgyn) what program do i pick???

Im currently a sophomore signing up for my junior classes, i have 3 blanks im filling with college classes, there are 5-6 “nurse” programs to choose from but i dont know which one to select as i want to be a doctor. Im using the ccp program.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Margaret255 views

What are some learning experiences of nurses?

Things that you had to learn through trial and error, things you were taught in the workplace and not school.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Margaret203 views

What does a day in the life of a nurse look like?

Hours worked on average, daily tasks.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Margaret221 views

what are some helpful pre-courses for nursing?

high school classes, extra college classes

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
gabriela402 views

What can I do to start nursing and what degree do I need ?

High School graduate and nineteen years old married to a husband in the army. I want a career that will help people but mainly work with children.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Myrick693 views

If I already know which career path I want to pursue, would it be beneficial for me to start taking college courses during my high school years that are tailored toward that specific career?

I have always been fascinated by the way technology can be used to improve healthcare services and patient outcomes. Biomedical Engineering seems like the perfect field for me to merge my passion for technology and healthcare. I am excited to learn how to design medical equipment and devices, develop new diagnostic tools, and improve healthcare delivery systems.

answer icon14 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha443 views

How to start a mobile clinic for skin cancer screening for low income communities?

I have an idea in mind but not sure how to start. Like how do I gather a team of volunteers, partner with local clinics, gather funding, etc?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kali522 views

What is it like to be a forensic nurse What were the college classes like? ?

I'm interested in becoming a forensic nurse so I can help people and for my own personal reasons, yet I see people who are in med schools and the workload seems to be too much. Though I will say I'm good with organization and managing stress, I worry it may be too much. If I do take this path, what would I be in for?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Julie489 views

What can you tell me about Nuclear Medical Technology?

Hello! I'm on a journey to find a new career path. I decided to get into medical imaging. There are so many options; Sonography, Nuclear Medical Technology, etc. and I'm unsure what would be best for me. I originally started looking into a Digital Medical Imaging program and with further research, I found Nuclear Medical Technology. I am really interested in Nuclear Medical Technology but the one thing that is holding me back is the injecting part and the risk of exposure to radiation. How concerned should I be?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aisha385 views

How can I create a website that provides telemedicine services?

I've been wanting to create a website that offers affordable telemedicine services for those in low income communities but i'm not sure where to start. (I've been wanting to do this for a long time as a part of my extracurricular activities) I am in 10th grade.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours337 views

How to become a phlebotomist?

Tell us everything we need to do to become a phlebotomist. Note: We've seen a lot of interest in this career, so we're looking for guidance from our community of professionals

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
mariah394 views

How much free time does a healthcare job leave? How much stress does it bring outside of work?

I want to be able to not be negatively affected by my work. In things like healthcare I think that's something to weigh. I would think you have to learn to separate work and home life.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Makiyah352 views

How can I get into a good medical school?

health school

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rakib476 views
undefined's avatar
Sheila426 views

Can you apply to a school for a BSN right after high school?

I'm a Junior in high school and I was doing some research on registered nurses. I am interested in becoming a nurse but I wanted to know if you can go straight to a school to become a nurse after graduating high school. Also, do you have to get your associate's in nursing first to get a BSN?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mihaela389 views

What are some hardships as well as skills required in radiation therapy?

Hi, I'm a high school students interested in the medical field and I was wondering what are the various daily aspects included in radiation therapy? For instance, what skills do you use the most (applied mathematics and sciences)? Is the job emotionally taxing? What does daily life look like?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samantha435 views

Which healthcare setting is it better to work in?

Which healthcare setting is it better to work in an urgent care setting, hospital setting or doctors office setting as a Certified Medical Assistant here in Alaska?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nicolaus413 views

What career other than vet could someone with an interest in animals/healthcare pursue?

I’m an 11th grader. I’ve wanted to be a veterinarian since I was 5. I’ve taken all the classes I believed were useful for my career and am in a program for aspiring medical professionals. However I’m having doubts now as many vets say that it’s an under appreciated job with high stress that you shouldn’t go into if you “just like animals” (the main reason I wanted to enter the field) I’m feeling a bit lost now. I considered becoming a paramedic but I was told it was a high-stress, low-pay job. What other careers could I pursue?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sam411 views

How do i deal with stammering?

My name is Sam, im 16. School has always been challenging for me because i can hardly express myself due to my stammering nature. Is there any stammerer out there? And does it get any easier in College?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Shane464 views

how to be i can a doctor?

i want to be eye specialist

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon