Career Questions tagged Illustrator

Thomas R.’s Avatar
Thomas R. Nov 09, 2020 75 views

How Steps Are There?

I’m An Artist Of Some What, And I Want To Know What Will It Take To Achieve That Goal, And If There Is Any Possible Feedback From Others #artist #illustrator #drawing...

#details

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 27, 2020 79 views

What is the best program to learn how to draw digitally?

I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, and I have little digital art skills. I want to use Procreate, since I've used it before and it's the most accessible for me. But I was wondering if programs like Photoshop and Clip Studio Paint are better. #art #artist #art-education #the-arts...

#illustrator #arts #concept-artist #painting #digital-art #artists

Kayley S.’s Avatar
Kayley S. Oct 27, 2020 82 views

Should I go to a regular college and major in art, or should I go to an art school?

I want to be a concept artist/illustrator, and my dream school is CIA, an art school near me. But I was wondering if it would be more beneficial for me in the long run to go to a regular college or an art school. #art #arts #school #artschool #illustrator...

#conceptartist

Arely H.’s Avatar
Arely H. Apr 22, 2020 215 views

In being an illustrator, how has the coronavirus impacted your work life?

I would say my point of view is influenced a lot by instagram illustrators, such as the ones that make webcomics they have the ability to work at home and continue on with their job. To be a more specific, I want to know how this pandemic has influenced people in the field I strive to go into....

#artist #career #job #art #illustrator

Andria R.’s Avatar
Andria R. Apr 24, 2018 337 views

Is it more beneficial for an art student to attend a general university or an art school?

I'm looking to major in Illustration and just recently got accepted to a few schools; some just regular universities, and others being legitimate art schools. So my question is, is it more beneficial to go to a university that may offer cheaper tuition but isn't necessarily based around the...

#aspiringgraduate #illustrator #fine-art

Cas C.’s Avatar
Cas C. Apr 16, 2018 307 views

What precautionary steps should I take to be an artist an also financially stable?

I'm an sophomore student and I wish to pursue a career in art and illustration, I know it's tough to do what a love and be able to support myself, any extra steps i can take to make sure I can support myself? #fine-artist #illustrator...

#artist

Yasmin  A.’s Avatar
Yasmin A. May 17, 2016 680 views

Should I pursue photography and other careers within the art industry or steer myself towards law, politics and sociology?

I am a student in the UK and I am an aspiring photographer, I also have interests in art and would like to venture into other careers of the art industry, such as illustration, graphic - design. However, I am unable to truly talk to photographers who are willing to take interns or have someone...

#barrister #undecided #graphics #illustrator #photography

Zainab S.’s Avatar
Zainab S. Jan 07, 2017 603 views

What skills a Graphic Designer needs?

A question I had before majoring in Graphic Design. I am sure alot of highschool or college students interested in GD will be asking a similar question to this. #graphic-design #animation #illustrator #photoshop #indesign...

#personal-development

Kelly L.’s Avatar
Kelly L. Feb 24, 2017 551 views

What specific factors affect the chance of a freelance illustrator getting a job offer from a client?

I understand that freelancers have to manage their own money, time, daily schedule, as well as their marketing, and various other things. Because of this, I would like to know the specific actions taken by a **freelance illustrator** (who is looking to get an offer from a client in any...

#digital-illustration #digital-art #art-and-illustration #freelance #freelancer #illustrator #illustration

Zainab S.’s Avatar
Zainab S. Jan 07, 2017 529 views

Why should I consider Graphic Design?

A question I had before majoring in Graphic Design. I am sure alot of highschool or college students interested in GD will be asking a similar question to this. #graphic-design #illustrator #photoshop...

#indesign

Zainab S.’s Avatar
Zainab S. Jan 07, 2017 838 views

How important are internships for Graphic designer students?

#indesign

Zainab S.’s Avatar
Zainab S. Jan 07, 2017 688 views

Can I be a Graphic Designer without studying at college?

A question I had before majoring in Graphic Design. I am sure alot of highschool or college students interested in GD will be asking a similar question to this. #college #graphic-design #illustrator #photoshop #indesign...

#motion-graphics

Zainab S.’s Avatar
Zainab S. Jan 07, 2017 685 views

Should College or School be my only place to do designing projects? Or should I practice during my off time? If yes, what kind of projects should I practice doing?

A question I had before majoring in Graphic Design. I am sure alot of highschool or college students interested in GD will be asking a similar question to this. #graphic-design #animation #illustrator #photoshop #indesign #portfolio...

#logo-design

Darray  H.’s Avatar
Darray H. May 26, 2016 624 views

how does art benefits the not so average artist ?

I love to do art! I'm very good, but I just don't want to waste my time investing my time into something that I feel could benefit for me in the highest way possible, when it seems as if I've done so much but only moved one step. #art #illustrator #comics #drafting #drawing-skills...

#visual

Rita O.’s Avatar
Rita O. May 19, 2016 538 views

Applying for internships in animation?

What advice do you have for animation students applying to intern? What do companies look for specifically in applicants and what can I do to make my application stronger? #animation #3d-animation #illustrator #computer-animation #illustration...

#character-animation

Rachel B.’s Avatar
Rachel B. May 14, 2016 754 views

What are some good tips for finding a career in illustration?

I am very excited to be going to college soon for my bachelors degree in fine arts with an illustration major. I am doing well in school and have had many people say that I should have chosen a different major that will be easier to find a job in. It would be amazing to have a carrier doing...

#drawing #graphic-design #illustrator #art-school

Jennifer N.’s Avatar
Jennifer N. May 07, 2016 623 views

What jobs include illustration?

I've always wanted a career in art, but I was unsure of what kind of jobs there were. #arts #illustrator #studio...

#visual