Career Questions tagged Illustration

Bri’s Avatar
Bri May 14, 2021 269 views

What career would combine all of these?

I am interested in illustration, character design, and costume design for animation. I am unsure of what I should major in. I enjoy creating may things and am unsure what specific career I should aim for. Any advice is helpful. #disney #animation #design #careers #illustration #cartoon

Angela’s Avatar
Angela Dec 14, 2020 285 views

What are some free programs you can use for editing digital illustrations and animation?

I currently use Autodesk Sketchbook, but I am unsure of what free programs I can use to edit my videos of illustrations..
#art #animation #digital #illustration #programs

Morgan’s Avatar
Morgan Oct 27, 2020 261 views

I have just learned about the possible career path of veterinary medical illustration, and I'm very interested, but have some questions!

I'm a 12th grader looking to decide her major in college, and through Career Village I have been introduced to the idea of veterinary medical illustration. The only concern I have is that it may be too niche, and I won't be able to make a career out of it. What are the upsides to this? Is it...

Kayley’s Avatar
Kayley Oct 23, 2020 258 views

What are the work conditions, hours, and salary for concept artists/illustrators and art directors?

I'm a senior in high school and recently made a big decision to change my career path back to art, which is what I've wanted to do since I was little. I want to be a concept artist and major in illustration. #art #artist #arts #animation #illustration #conceptartist

Aubie’s Avatar
Aubie Jul 23, 2018 499 views

How much money could i earn from being an animator?

#Illustration #Animation #animator #art #animate #ineedmoney #HELP

Jillian’s Avatar
Jillian May 30, 2018 459 views

What are some internships involved with animation or illustration?

I'm studying to go into the animation field, along with concept art. Does anyone know of companies that have internships for those just starting out?
#art #artist #animation #internship #illustration

Emily’s Avatar
Emily May 16, 2018 456 views

Which companies hire graduates with degrees in Illustration?

If I obtain an art degree in Illustration, where can I see myself working? #art #illustration #arts

Netanya’s Avatar
Netanya Mar 26, 2018 1862 views

What is the best way to land a job as an illustrator?

I plan to major in illustration/animation at San Jose State University but am clueless on how to go about finding a job after college. I've never had an adult who was into the arts the way I was, so I haven't found much solid advice. I realize that it will take time and experience, but my goal...

Chloe’s Avatar
Chloe Sep 01, 2017 2420 views

I'm a graphic designer, but I can't draw. Will this hurt me?

I'm a graphic designer (think layouts, typography graphics, and aesthetic designs) but I've never been able to draw. Seeing as that's a big part of designing, will this hurt me in a real world setting? Might be important to note that I do actually also have a background in photography, so I...

Kelly’s Avatar
Kelly Feb 24, 2017 720 views

What specific factors affect the chance of a freelance illustrator getting a job offer from a client?

I understand that freelancers have to manage their own money, time, daily schedule, as well as their marketing, and various other things. Because of this, I would like to know the specific actions taken by a **freelance illustrator** (who is looking to get an offer from a client in any...

Pam’s Avatar
Pam Jan 26, 2017 600 views

What jobs are available for someone interested in motion graphics?

I am currently a graphic design student and have found a love for typography, vector based illustrations and infographics. I have experimented with AfterEffects and creating simple motion graphics and was wondering what type of jobs are available for such interests. #design #graphic-design...

Rita’s Avatar
Rita Dec 07, 2016 1895 views

I want to be a cartoonist or an illustrator. I like drawing and making comics. I would like to do it as a career, but, I'm not sure how to get there.

I want to make comics for a career because I want a job that I enjoy. #artist #drawing #illustrator #illustration #cartoons

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew May 27, 2016 1607 views

How easy is it to get into the art industry.

I have always loved art and plan to pursue a career in that field after college. #art #drawing #painting #illustration

Rita’s Avatar
Rita May 19, 2016 680 views

Applying for internships in animation?

What advice do you have for animation students applying to intern? What do companies look for specifically in applicants and what can I do to make my application stronger? #animation #3d-animation #illustrator #computer-animation #illustration #character-animation

Rita’s Avatar
Rita May 19, 2016 774 views

What is the best advice that you have for an animation student?

I come from a very strong fine arts background, but I'm about to transfer into a school for an animation/illustration major! I don't have much experience except for a lot of drawing experience and one 3D modeling class. #animation #drawing #3d-animation #computer-animation #illustration...

Sydney’s Avatar
Sydney May 16, 2016 975 views

What colleges on the east coast offer an animation major or an animation concentration?

I live in Virginia and I want to study animation. I do not want to leave the east coast to attend college; I am currently interested in the Savannah College of Art and Design. #art #animation #3d-animation #illustration #character-design

Sydney’s Avatar
Sydney May 16, 2016 803 views

How do you create a great art portfolio?

I want to go to an art school to major in animation. What are ways to improve my portfolio? #design #arts #animation #fine-art #illustration