Career Questions tagged 2D Animation

Brandon’s Avatar
Brandon May 17 126 views

What do I need to do to become a videogame animator

I am a Freshman and have a good understanding on videogame designing, however; I want to know what to do on how to make cut scenes, movement and attacking animations, ect. I know how to code it into the game just don't know if I should take animation, 3d-animation or something else

emanuel’s Avatar
emanuel Apr 24, 2018 446 views

will college be enough to prepare me for an animation career?

I heard that most college schools teach the fundamentals of animation which is not enough for the animation industry as I've heard its extremely competitive. Employers will look at my portfolio more than my degree

#computer-animation #2D-animation #3D-animation

Alexandra’s Avatar
Alexandra Mar 16, 2018 1382 views

Is 2D animation still relevant?

I want to animate and since all I've worked on is pencil drawings, I would prefer professional 2D animation. I wouldn't mind 3D, but I don't want to be jobless because I prefer one to the other. #animation #2d-animation

Elizabeth’s Avatar
Elizabeth Jan 15, 2018 447 views

Pixar hiring from SCAD

Has anyone graduated from SCAD and gotten a job with Pixar? How difficult was it to get hired. #character-animation #2d-animation #animation #3d-animation

Elizabeth’s Avatar
Elizabeth Jan 15, 2018 461 views

Positive or Negative about SCAD

Looking for positive or negative responses about SCAD - especially in the Animation Department #character-animation #2d-animation #animation #3d-animation

Ryan ’s Avatar
Ryan Mar 08, 2017 786 views

What are some colleges that revolve more around arts and getting students started with animation?

I'm considering becoming a storyboard artist for kids cartoons and new animated films, but I'm not sure where I should go to learn the skills that I would need. My main objective is to get a bachelors degree in arts, but I want to know which colleges are better for becoming a cartoonist....

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew May 27, 2016 788 views

What is it like to be an animator or game designer?

I have some interest in becoming of the the jobs above. I really like being creative. #art #animation #game-design #2d-animation