Career Questions tagged Games

Abdiel L.’s Avatar
Abdiel L. Mar 05 96 views

Is a career in Video Game Design viable for living?

If I pursue a career in game design, will it help pay for bills and the like or should it just stay a hobby? #video-game-design #games #design...

#game-design

joseph R.’s Avatar
joseph R. Nov 15, 2019 50 views

how the experience to watch the games will be

i have always wanted to watch a pro game...

#games

goaway B.’s Avatar
goaway B. Feb 09, 2019 531 views
Dylan M.’s Avatar
Dylan M. May 24, 2018 249 views

How to get a good Starting point in the field of Game Design

So i'm looking to peruse a career in Video game design and currently gonna be a senior in high school and want to know a good starting point for getting into it before going off to college. #gamedesign #games #computer-science #computer-graphics #programming #game-design...

#design

Guntaz S.’s Avatar
Guntaz S. Jan 22, 2018 288 views

Is there a Job where you can play games for the company and give them feedback?

Because i'm very interested in games and i would like to make it a profession....

#games

Gabriel H.’s Avatar
Gabriel H. Jan 21, 2018 343 views

Whats the best way to get a job in game design

My dream job is to work on video games, preferably independently but experience at a major game studio would help. I was wondering what are the best things I can do right now to help me get a job at a major game studio? #games #computer-games...

#game-design

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Jan 03, 2018 369 views
harish K.’s Avatar
harish K. May 12, 2016 560 views
kaylen S.’s Avatar
kaylen S. Feb 21, 2017 413 views

what would be more benificial aircraft engineer or a automobil engineer

I am in the six grade and I'm looking to become a engineer but I am not sure out of these two because I want the most money that I can get out of a job and what type of degree would I have to have to be a professional?...

#games

Chase M.’s Avatar
Chase M. Jan 11, 2017 868 views

How do I practice programming and making games?

Currently, all I know is a little bit of GameMaker's built in coding language, and I have a budget of 0 dollars. I've made 1 game with the help of a YouTube tutorial (an asteroids clone) and have multiple unfinished projects. I want to know the answer to these questions: What programming...

#development #games #business-development #game-design #video-games #computer-games #video-game-design #programming

Maitlin B.’s Avatar
Maitlin B. May 24, 2016 659 views

What is it like to be a professional game tester?

As anyone who plays video games would be, I was excited by the prospect that playing video games could be a viable career choice. But I don't know if it would be the right career for me, since in the end it sounds like a lot of sitting down. Is it as fun as it sounds initially, does it become...

#tech #video-games #games #game

Maitlin B.’s Avatar
Maitlin B. May 24, 2016 927 views

How does one get involved in the creation of video games?

I've always loved video games, not only as a way to take my mind off of stress, but also as a form of interactive media that can bring people together. The unique experiences and lessons I've learned from video games have helped me so much in life, that I want to do the same for others, even if...

#tech #video-games #games

Juan R.’s Avatar
Juan R. May 19, 2016 350 views

how can you make a game like minecraft?

i want to create the future minecraft...

#games

devi U.’s Avatar
devi U. Apr 26, 2016 497 views

how to become a good student to my school teacher?

i will always do any silly work and get scold from teacher ..she will always scold me .. what to do to get rid of this #airline-industry #fine-art #games #team...

#kanban

Isaiah V.’s Avatar
Isaiah V. Apr 06, 2016 740 views

Game design or computer science?

I'm interested in game design and thinking about pursuing a career in game design. I heard that majoring in computer science is recommended. Is this true? #computer-science #computer #game-design #games...

#interactive-media

Yung P.’s Avatar
Yung P. Mar 21, 2016 694 views

Do you think game testing is a good way to make $?

Ive been thinking about being a game tester for a living.but i want to know if it will benefit my life. #games...

#video

Tristan S.’s Avatar
Tristan S. Jan 14, 2016 476 views

price of degree

how much would it cost to get a bachelor degree in computer science in canada? #computer-science #games...

#video

Marco G.’s Avatar
Marco G. Oct 28, 2015 525 views

HOW CAN I GET MONEY

games sells...

#games

Marco G.’s Avatar
Marco G. Oct 21, 2015 595 views

what kind of jod do not in the way of school and i can get money

I'm 11 I want money to buy games I like games...

#games

Chance R.’s Avatar
Chance R. Jun 26, 2015 1036 views

What are the key components to becoming a professional game designer?

I am 17 and a student at Balboa High School. I love experiencing the stories that are told through gaming and want to make them. I need to know the requirements to become a professional in that field so I can follow my passion. #general #animation...

#games

Patrick Martin V.’s Avatar
Patrick Martin V. Jun 23, 2015 996 views

What college courses should I take if I want to be a video game designer, writer, artist, or QA tester?

Hi guys, I have a few questions about the gaming industry. I'm an incoming junior in high school, and I've been wondering what courses people would recommend I take if I want to get into the gaming industry. I've been playing video games for most of my life and through the countless number of...

#gaming #games #college #video-games #quality-assurance #game-design

Ethan Z.’s Avatar
Ethan Z. Jun 18, 2015 702 views

What is my best chance of getting into the video game design industry.

So I am a 9th grader and would love to be a video game designer. Is there a specific thing that employers are looking for when hiring?...

#games

Furqan M.’s Avatar
Furqan M. May 27, 2015 879 views

What are the steps I should take to become a video game programmer?

Hi im Furqan i'm in the 10th grade and I attend Hudson High School of Learning Technology. I want to know the steps and helpful tips like summer jobs and etc. please help. #programming #careers #video-games #programmer #games...

#video

Curtis L.’s Avatar
Curtis L. May 11, 2015 757 views

How would I start a business to be competitive with Gamestop?

What schooling could put me at top of game trade/buy/sell companies? I know how I would want my company: tournaments, energy drinks, coffee, pizza (maybe), Lan party capabilities, and would buy/sell/trade video games. #business #education #video-games #games...

#owner

TrollSpy007 A.’s Avatar
TrollSpy007 A. Mar 26, 2014 1624 views

How difficult it is to get into the game-developing industry?

I am going to a community college to major in game programming & design. I am very passionate about video games, but I am unsure about the gaming field and if it is really competitive or not. #video-games #games...

#developers

Logan  P.’s Avatar
Logan P. Mar 05, 2014 1952 views

What are the different occupations within the gaming industry?

I have been playing games since I was at least six years old. I love games, and I hope I can have a future in it. Unfortunately, I do not know what role I want to play and it is getting on my nerves. #games...

#computer-gaming

Luke M.’s Avatar
Luke M. Feb 26, 2014 3836 views

What are some companies that manufacture video games?

My friend and I are working on a project for entrepreneurship class. #games...

#video-game-production