How can you make your own card games?

I thought of a cool card game that I want to start a business. #business-development #games #card-games #product-innovation

Anthony’s Answer

Devetra,

Hi! That is so cool! When you have it all put together, i'd love to check it out. Thinking about how to get it made, I would start with patenting your idea or at least checking to see if a patent exists for your game. You can do that here: https://www.uspto.gov/patents-getting-started/general-information-concerning-patents

Beyond that, some other possible avenues to make this happen: First, just make it. You can do this, i'm sure with some time and materials from an arts and crafts store. This is just a prototype. It will give you a better idea of things to consider when you actually make it. Also, you could start a gofundme page or kickstarter page that briefly describes the game, or post a video of people playing it. Maybe put up some images, or prototypes you have in the works. See if you can price how much it would be from print shops to actually make your deck of cards. Get a rough estimate of total cost and then launch your kickstarter.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Anthony
Your answer is great Anthony, thanks so much for sharing your expertise! At this moment there are more than 800 unanswered questions so I wanted to encourage you to keep going! So many students will benefit tremendously from hearing from you. Keep up the great work! Lindsey Manning-Djabbari BACKER