Career Questions tagged Computer Software

The coding, application, and programs that tell a computer what to do. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, and network architects. Please read below for more information.

Elijah’s Avatar
Elijah 2 days ago 31 views

Software-Engineering and Coding

Where and how can I learn really advanced coding and when is the best time to start?

Moises’s Avatar
Moises Sep 27 38 views

What are the requirements for good coding jobs?

There are many options for jobs that include coding but what are the requirements to get one.

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew Sep 27 34 views

How does one get started in the Computer Sciences field? What steps have to be taken?

I am looking into the computer sciences field as my choice of career. I have not dedicated this to my career choice as of yet, but it is one of the more promising selections. I just want to know how to get started so that I can delve deeper into my exploration of computer sciences.

Randy’s Avatar
Randy Sep 27 41 views

What should I do or start if I want to become a software developer?

What are the steps or suggestions I could start on?

Jerin’s Avatar
Jerin Sep 22 85 views

When we start a career in computer system what challenges will faced ?

Being overloaded with information, Meeting new colleagues ,Learning your team dynamics , Fitting into company culture..

Jerin’s Avatar
Jerin Sep 22 104 views

What are the skills you need for career success computer system field?

Team work, initiative, Leadership, professionalism, work ethic.

Addison’s Avatar
Addison Sep 22 75 views

What is working in Computing and Networking like?

I'm pretty interested in computers and technology. I've built a PC and I found I really enjoyed doing it and wanted to build computers and fix computers as a career. I have also looked into cyber security.

Shaina’s Avatar
Shaina Sep 11 129 views

How do absorb or learn technical functions in programming languages?

I am an IT student. Having a hard time memorizing the functions in Python and figuring out what the "problem" needs. Like I know what is the flow of the "program" but I have no idea what functions or specific commands to use.

gian’s Avatar
gian Sep 07 112 views

how stressful is being a computer and information system manager and whats the best part?

trying to learn more

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 30 126 views

Understanding the different tech careers.

I've been recently researching the different types of IT/computer degrees, and I'm struggling to understand how they differ. There seems to be a lot of overlap in the various careers. I've been able to improve my comprehension/understanding by comparing the various technology careers to the...

Benjamin’s Avatar
Benjamin Aug 29 99 views

What is the best coding language to start with?

I would like to know what coding languages that can be used universally and where I could learn them from.

Kavion’s Avatar
Kavion Aug 26 114 views

What environments do you work in inside of software development

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 249 views

How common are promotional opportunities in the field of Cyber Security (e.g: promotion wise)

Hello my name is Daniel I am a current Cyber Security prospect and would appreciate information on how consistent or common promotional opportunities are.

Any information helps, Thank you for your time.

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 142 views

What additional training/certifications/classes should I take to further my career in Cyber Security

Hi my name is Daniel I am a current cyber security prospect, I am looking to build myself, as well as my portfolio in the field and would appreciate any information or tips for a strong lucrative start.

Thank you for your time.

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 117 views

Does working in Cyber Security give you more or less time for your life

Hello my name is Daniel I am a current Cyber Security prospect and would like to know if and how working in Cyber Security has affected your time work-wise and socially. (e.g: work hours/free time)

Jack’s Avatar
Jack Jul 21 240 views

Does taking IT help immensely in a Programming Job in the future?

Does Informational Technology (Linux) help at all with Programming (Python)? I've enrolled in an IT 101 course, and I'm getting second thoughts on whether or not I've been tricked into an advertisement or I'm gaining purposeful knowledge.

Mia’s Avatar
Mia Jul 12 198 views

UI/UX DESIGNER HELP

I need help getting started in my ui/ux design career, also any tips on being a project manager will also be super helpful. Every website I look on to try and get a certificate is almost $1000

David’s Avatar
David Jun 16 253 views

[Advice to Career Computer Science students] Should I start as a developer or an operational support in a technology company.

As an operational support intern, I began to wonder whether I should convert to full time and stay in the same team (operation support) or request a team change and become a developer instead? One of my main concerns is which starting point will be most beneficial to my future professional...

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan Jun 09 156 views

Thank you for your help!

For all people that have been helping me with my other questions, thank you because it is really helping! Especially the people that have answered multiple.

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Jun 07 187 views

Tech Career Goals

I am currently going into my third semester of college. In my first two semesters, I've been focusing on nursing, completing the classes for applying to the program. Unfortunately, I couldn't apply to the nursing program for the two semesters. Now going into the third, it's time for me to...

Jacob’s Avatar
Jacob Jun 07 218 views

What education should I acquire if I want to work in an office setting as an IT/Computer Repair Technician?

So far I am working towards my office administration certificate as well as my computer technician certificate. From there I was wondering what my next step should be, I was considering getting an accelerated college degree once I was out of trade school but I know there's online certificates...

Armella’s Avatar
Armella May 31 141 views

What do you like most about your career?

Internships offer you a peek into the environment you wish to work in someday. As you intern for a company , you get hands-on experience of how things work in an office environment .

Armella’s Avatar
Armella May 31 150 views

What would you recommend I do ?

Try to understand what you can gain from being employed in this position .

Corvon’s Avatar
Corvon May 31 137 views

What is like in life of an technologies

What time do you wake up.what are the people like there. do you fix computer or promgram them.

Armella’s Avatar
Armella May 31 138 views

When you are about to start the day, what are your first duties ?

I like to start each day by going over any schedule to make sure any calls or meetings I have are top of mind and I get any prep work for those done first thing . Then, I usually answer my emails while i'm still fresh.

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 27 265 views

What is the difference between these 2 jobs?

Hi im thinking about being a software developer but I keep on seeing software engineer. What are the cons and pros of a software engineer vs a software developer? Also thank you for all the help you guys have given me especially Randy Tolentino.

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 26 199 views

How do i get in to NASA as a software Developer?

I want to be a NASA Software Developer but i dont know exactly what i should do to have a high chance to get in

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 25 229 views

What is the normal day as a software developer like?

Im 12 and was thinking about my future job in class as a project. My main one was to become a software bc its interesting and i already started coding

Jack’s Avatar
Jack May 22 316 views

Computer Science/Programming Languages

Do you think that it's worth going to college to get a Computer Science Major/Programming Experience? I heard that coding boot camps do the same, but for less than the tuition that colleges charge you. What are your opinions on learning programming/computer science on websites like this...

Donald’s Avatar
Donald May 16 247 views

Should I take 4 years for a bachelor's degree or should I make sure I'm fully invested into this career?

Hi, I'm working hard to become a Software Developer. I have yet to get my bachelor's degree but I have finished school and I have my diploma. I have enrolled in Job Corps originally as a sound engineer I have worked on editing sound for podcasts and I wanted to jump off of that into a career...