Career Questions tagged Computer Software

The coding, application, and programs that tell a computer what to do. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, and network architects. Please read below for more information.

David O.’s Avatar
David O. Jun 16 80 views

[Advice to Career Computer Science students] Should I start as a developer or an operational support in a technology company.

As an operational support intern, I began to wonder whether I should convert to full time and stay in the same team (operation support) or request a team change and become a developer instead? One of my main concerns is which starting point will be most beneficial to my future professional...

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. Jun 09 95 views

Thank you for your help!

For all people that have been helping me with my other questions, thank you because it is really helping! Especially the people that have answered multiple.

Abigail P.’s Avatar
Abigail P. Jun 07 102 views

Tech Career Goals

I am currently going into my third semester of college. In my first two semesters, I've been focusing on nursing, completing the classes for applying to the program. Unfortunately, I couldn't apply to the nursing program for the two semesters. Now going into the third, it's time for me to...

Jacob Z.’s Avatar
Jacob Z. Jun 07 58 views

What education should I acquire if I want to work in an office setting as an IT/Computer Repair Technician?

So far I am working towards my office administration certificate as well as my computer technician certificate. From there I was wondering what my next step should be, I was considering getting an accelerated college degree once I was out of trade school but I know there's online certificates...

Armella W.’s Avatar
Armella W. May 31 71 views

What do you like most about your career?

Internships offer you a peek into the environment you wish to work in someday. As you intern for a company , you get hands-on experience of how things work in an office environment .

Armella W.’s Avatar
Armella W. May 31 54 views

What would you recommend I do ?

Try to understand what you can gain from being employed in this position .

Corvon K.’s Avatar
Corvon K. May 31 72 views

What is like in life of an technologies

What time do you wake up.what are the people like there. do you fix computer or promgram them.

Armella W.’s Avatar
Armella W. May 31 71 views

When you are about to start the day, what are your first duties ?

I like to start each day by going over any schedule to make sure any calls or meetings I have are top of mind and I get any prep work for those done first thing . Then, I usually answer my emails while i'm still fresh.

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. May 27 132 views

What is the difference between these 2 jobs?

Hi im thinking about being a software developer but I keep on seeing software engineer. What are the cons and pros of a software engineer vs a software developer? Also thank you for all the help you guys have given me especially Randy Tolentino.

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. May 26 89 views

How do i get in to NASA as a software Developer?

I want to be a NASA Software Developer but i dont know exactly what i should do to have a high chance to get in

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. May 25 133 views

What is the normal day as a software developer like?

Im 12 and was thinking about my future job in class as a project. My main one was to become a software bc its interesting and i already started coding

Jack S.’s Avatar
Jack S. May 22 164 views

Computer Science/Programming Languages

Do you think that it's worth going to college to get a Computer Science Major/Programming Experience? I heard that coding boot camps do the same, but for less than the tuition that colleges charge you. What are your opinions on learning programming/computer science on websites like this...

Donald D.’s Avatar
Donald D. May 16 166 views

Should I take 4 years for a bachelor's degree or should I make sure I'm fully invested into this career?

Hi, I'm working hard to become a Software Developer. I have yet to get my bachelor's degree but I have finished school and I have my diploma. I have enrolled in Job Corps originally as a sound engineer I have worked on editing sound for podcasts and I wanted to jump off of that into a career...

So24fia H.’s Avatar
So24fia H. May 06 122 views

Programming languages

Hello!

I am a college student majoring in computer science. I have realised that not everything is taught in a classroom, therefore I don't know which language should I pick up next. I studied C, Java, SQL, HTML. I am currently learning CSS, but what should be next?
Thank you!

Wyatt P.’s Avatar
Wyatt P. May 06 103 views

What is the best interactive platform to learn the fundamentals of the C# language?

I'm looking into coding my own game, what do you recommend or what did you use when first learning how to code C#?

ARIANNA S.’s Avatar
ARIANNA S. Apr 27 140 views

Computer Technician- Advance Computer System Administrator Questions..

Thank you for agreeing to this informational interview. I am a Job Corps student at Cascades, and I am reaching out to you because I believe I would enjoy working in Information Technology more specifically Advanced Computer System Administrator, and I would appreciate your perspective on the...

kyle H.’s Avatar
kyle H. Apr 27 129 views

what is the starting money you can make from this job Computer and Information Systems Managers

i am trying to get more info about this job

Jervoris B.’s Avatar
Jervoris B. Apr 26 138 views

Is coding a hard focus area for a Computer Engineer?

Hi, I am a senior Computer Engineering major. I have no experience in the field and I would like to be able to get into the field without being completely lost.

Landon C.’s Avatar
Landon C. Apr 26 142 views

Is getting a job in IT a good idea right after college?

Interested in getting a career in the IT field.

Landon C.’s Avatar
Landon C. Apr 26 141 views

What qualities are companies looking for in a Computer Systems Analyst?

Interested in IT.

Landon C.’s Avatar
Landon C. Apr 26 172 views

How different is being a Computer Systems Analyst from being a Information Security Analyst?

I am interested in both careers but I am wondering which might be a better pick for me. I am interested in the IT field so either sounds good to me.

Landon C.’s Avatar
Landon C. Apr 26 153 views

What are the qualifications to become a computer systems analyst?

Wondering what types of classes, degrees, licenses, etc. are needed.

Landon C.’s Avatar
Landon C. Apr 26 185 views

How often do you interact with customers as a Computer Systems Analyst?

I'm interested in getting a career in information technology.

Tushar M.’s Avatar
Tushar M. Apr 26 182 views

what is the best language to start learning about coding is HTML a good language to start with

I am tushar student of 10 standard. I want to learn about coding I started with HTML and through which I found my passion for software development but is the right language because I don't want to excel in web development. Many people suggested me to learn about python should I learn that.

Myles H.’s Avatar
Myles H. Apr 16 150 views

What makes a good team in software development?

More specifically, what are some good qualities that you have noticed from team members that get a good team going? Humor, flow, just anything in general that you have noticed help bring a team together to be more enjoyable & productive, specifically in computer science.

Myles H.’s Avatar
Myles H. Apr 16 104 views

How much math does someone use daily in software engineering?

Some people say it's good to learn calculus for computer science, but why is that so? How much math is used in a day?

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 16 112 views

Where do I find internships or immersions?

Greetings! I am a Grade 12 student in the STEM fields. I want to start my journey by looking for free and virtual internships and Immersion in the STEM or ABM field to expand my knowledge and skillset in these industries. My school currently does not provide these opportunities. Any experience...

Alexa D.’s Avatar
Alexa D. Apr 06 109 views

What steps does someone take to bring a website from an idea into a fully fledged site accessible on the internet?

So I am about to graduate and I am familiar with how this works on cloud platforms. However, I am curious to know what you would need if hosting yourself and how you would source these things. E.g. domain name, server, etc. Basically, what would you consider your basic website checklist If...

Andy C.’s Avatar
Andy C. Apr 04 110 views

What are the qualifications and things I need to do in order to become a Software Engineer?

A high school student that has interest in the job.

Andy C.’s Avatar
Andy C. Apr 04 133 views

How do I become a Software engineer??

Interested in becoming one, a high school student.