Career Questions tagged Design

Creative design is essential in many careers. Some of the most popular ones include graphic design, interior, video games, and user experience. Please read below for more information.

Svetla P.’s Avatar
Svetla P. 2 days ago 13 views

PhD in Computational Architecture

Hello, I am looking for a PhD program in computational architecture, can anyone recommend any institution? Preferably in US/Canada or Northern Europe or Japan. Many thanks! #phd #architecture #bionics #computation #progressive...

#design

aysha T.’s Avatar
aysha T. Nov 18 34 views

can we be good at interior designing if we are bad at drawing

hi my names aysha im in7 th in the begining of quarentine i started playing a game where you have complete a whole puzzle to design a small place but then i stopped playing that game because the puzzle was a bit to hard i loved designing houses so i decided that i will look up interior...

#interior-design #design #game-design #game

Jersey S.’s Avatar
Jersey S. Nov 16 46 views

How is the life as a graphic designer? Specifically in areas of package, web or ux design??

I am pursuing graphic design in post-secondary. I am contemplating whether I should focus on package, web, or user experience design. Although, I am kind of leaning more towards user experience so any insights on how is it look would be really appreciated. Thanks! #web-design #graphics...

#arts #package-design #ui-design #graphic-design #user-experience #givingiscaring #design #ux-design #graphic-designer

Alex A.’s Avatar
Alex A. Nov 11 54 views

What kind of education do I need in order to become a Cartoonist?

I’ve always liked to draw, and watch cartoons. Plus, there was someone who inspired me to become a Cartoonist, Craig McCracken!! He is a cartoonist, and as I watched one of his shows, I fell in love with his animation and design, and it looked really colorful that I couldn’t help but beg to...

#cartoonist #design #animation #cartoon #career

Ashley M.’s Avatar
Ashley M. Nov 09 27 views

What careers are there in the field of robotics

I like music, drawing , and reading . I Am a creative thinker and hard worker and I want to build animatronics and maybe design them .#animatronics #design...

#creative

Rhonna S.’s Avatar
Rhonna S. Nov 05 38 views

How to pursue being an interior designer

I enjoy creating mood boards for rooms (furniture, wall colors, flooring, accessories), and I enjoy designing rooms for my family members. How did you start your journey of becoming an interior designer? Was it difficult to find a job? If it was hard to get to where you are today, would you do...

#interior-design #careers #interior-designer #interior #career-choice #design #jobs #career

Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Oct 30 34 views

What did it take for you to get where you are now?

I am interested in becoming a lighting designer within the entertainment industry for things such as, concerts, television, tours, movies, and any other miscellaneous corporate events come my way. For the past couple years I have been able to learn some of grandMA2 by playing around with it and...

#production #live #design #entertainment #grandma2 #concert #lighting

Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Oct 30 40 views

What do you look for when you're creating a new design.

Matthew H.’s Avatar
Matthew H. Oct 30 37 views

What are the ups and downs of going on tour.

Yamileth G.’s Avatar
Yamileth G. Oct 28 41 views

How can i get started in architecture, interior design? Is it possible to take this course as a minor degree?

I'm currently a (junior) in high school and exploring my options/choices in different careers and found architecture, interior designing very interesting. #art #interior #interior-design #architecture #design...

#career

Keon G.’s Avatar
Keon G. Sep 22 90 views

If your a realtor could you design someones house?

I would love to design houses because I play this game Where i build and design homes. #realtor #designer #bloxburg...

#design

James W.’s Avatar
James W. Sep 18 134 views

How to draw.

My name is James and I love to draw but every-time I present everyone asks what’s that. How do I improve my drawing skills? #artist #design...

#art

jessica P.’s Avatar
jessica P. Sep 15 159 views

Interned at Google as a Product Manager and wonder switching my career role

Interned at Google and a couple of startups and realized that product management framework isn't something tangible where it's not an essential skillset needed in a startup. I'd like to be a person who's absolutely needed with tangible skill sets. Talked with a few product managers who've...

#design #product #career

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04 220 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#arts #film-editing #filmdirector #film-production #media-production #film-acting #writer #film #editing #design #director #career #english

Xue W.’s Avatar
Xue W. Aug 03 232 views

Is UX design a oversatuarated industry to choose?

Hi! I am a new master graduate in chemical engineering, living in Canada. I'm also a international student. However, I almost have no interest in this field and due to covid-19, most of the oil companies are laying off people rather hiring. This makes me to change my career. I'm interested in...

#technology #design #uxdesign #career

Tawnyce T.’s Avatar
Tawnyce T. Jul 19 77 views

How do you decide what major you want to do?

I'm graduating class of '21 and I still haven't decided if I actually wanted to go to college. I like to do Interior Design but I'm starting to think that it's just a hobby. #interior-design #design #interior-decorator...

#interior

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Jul 17 106 views

What kind of jobs are avaliable in the art industry right now?

I've always had an interest in studying art, it's one if the few things I enjoy learning and improving in. However, I'm not really sure what kind of careers I could have with an art degree. I'm mainly interested in design programs like game, digitial or 3D modeling design. #design #career #art...

#july20

Samuel D.’s Avatar
Samuel D. Jul 16 92 views
Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Jul 10 132 views

do you need to know how to draw to become an interior designer?

hello, I'm currently thinking about changing my major and my uni counselor told me to take one of those tests to know what career would be best for me and my results were design and arts. I'm interested in interior design but im not that good at drawing, I'm not the worst but,,, so, I'd like to...

#interior-design #design #interiordesign #career

Caireen S.’s Avatar
Caireen S. Jun 19 133 views