Career Questions tagged Design

Creative design is essential in many careers. Some of the most popular ones include graphic design, interior, video games, and user experience. Please read below for more information.

Bri K.’s Avatar
Bri K. 4 hours ago 5 views

What career would combine all of these?

I am interested in illustration, character design, and costume design for animation. I am unsure of what I should major in. I enjoy creating may things and am unsure what specific career I should aim for. Any advice is helpful. #disney #animation #design #careers #illustration...

#cartoon

Edwin K.’s Avatar
Edwin K. Apr 15 86 views

Are there any in demand jobs that involve design?

I've always been interested in creating things or designing, but don't know how to create a career out of it. #design...

#career

Kalyani C.’s Avatar
Kalyani C. Apr 14 88 views

How do I prepare a portfolio for applying in Master of Design?

Hello! I am a Bachelor of Technology student majoring in Mechanical Engineering. After completing almost 3 years, I wish to pursue a less technical field of Automotive Designing and I am planning on doing Masters in Design. The problem is, all these years I didn't do any projects and I don't...

#mechanical-engineering #engineering #design #automotive-design

Morgan S.’s Avatar
Morgan S. Dec 19, 2020 187 views

How do I get a job in interior design with a HND qualification?

I am a 3D interior design student studying my HND and I am looking to get into the design industry once I have achieved my qualification in May 2021. I love coming up with mood boards and themes for designs and let my imagination run a bit wild with new projects. #interior-design #design...

#interior-designer

Svetla P.’s Avatar
Svetla P. Nov 24, 2020 80 views

PhD in Computational Architecture

Hello, I am looking for a PhD program in computational architecture, can anyone recommend any institution? Preferably in US/Canada or Northern Europe or Japan. Many thanks! #phd #architecture #bionics #computation #progressive...

#design

Yamileth G.’s Avatar
Yamileth G. Oct 28, 2020 350 views

How can i get started in architecture, interior design? Is it possible to take this course as a minor degree?

I'm currently a (junior) in high school and exploring my options/choices in different careers and found architecture, interior designing very interesting. #art #interior #interior-design #architecture #design...

#career

Xue W.’s Avatar
Xue W. Aug 03, 2020 517 views

Is UX design a oversatuarated industry to choose?

Hi! I am a new master graduate in chemical engineering, living in Canada. I'm also a international student. However, I almost have no interest in this field and due to covid-19, most of the oil companies are laying off people rather hiring. This makes me to change my career. I'm interested in...

#career #design #technology #uxdesign

Ana R.’s Avatar
Ana R. Jul 10, 2020 1201 views

do you need to know how to draw to become an interior designer?

hello, I'm currently thinking about changing my major and my uni counselor told me to take one of those tests to know what career would be best for me and my results were design and arts. I'm interested in interior design but im not that good at drawing, I'm not the worst but,,, so, I'd like to...

#career #interior-design #interiordesign #design

Belayneh T.’s Avatar
Belayneh T. Jun 15, 2020 390 views

what is the best programming language for drawing 3-D pictures?

I wanna design 3-D artifact with simple programming languages #programming #design #game-design...

#computer

Younes E.’s Avatar
Younes E. Mar 30, 2020 1177 views

How to be come a UI/UX designer coming an engineering background ?

I'm a computer science engineering student .who is turning to UI/UX design as self-thought . #design #graphic-design #engineering...

#computer

Vincent A.’s Avatar
Vincent A. Sep 27, 2019 187 views

How does a graphic designer get hired?

I would like to know how a graphic designer gets hired and about how long it took to get a call back for an interview? #graphic-design...

#design

Vincent A.’s Avatar
Vincent A. Sep 27, 2019 201 views

What is the best way to deal with unrealistic clients as a graphic designer?

I am aware that some clients may want designs that don't fit in their budget and some clients may be unrealistic with how fast they want the project done, so I was wondering what would be the best and most efficient way to deal with these clients? #graphic-design...

#design

Vincent A.’s Avatar
Vincent A. Sep 27, 2019 168 views

How long did it take to become a successful graphic designer?

I am a high school student and I would like to know about how long would it be before I start to become a successful graphic designer or at least finish a couple of designs for customers? #graphic-design...

#design

Vincent A.’s Avatar
Vincent A. Sep 27, 2019 148 views

What is the pay like for a graphic designer?

Do graphic designers get paid hourly or do they get paid for each project or design they complete for customers? #graphic-design...

#design

Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 16, 2019 124 views
Ave G.’s Avatar
Ave G. Sep 16, 2019 162 views

how hard is it to be a designer and a cool makeup artist

i love making scary make up it is cool and is seems fun to m ake people look so freaky and scary #nightmares #cosmetology #art #artist #fashion...

#design

Avonleigh Y.’s Avatar
Avonleigh Y. Sep 12, 2019 213 views
Celina R.’s Avatar
Celina R. Sep 10, 2019 195 views

What certifications are associated with web design?

I am an artist with an interest in IT pursuing certifications at a program named NPower #art #graphic-design...

#design

Frank R.’s Avatar
Frank R. Sep 10, 2019 197 views

Is it hard to get hired as an animator?

I'm a 17-year old senior in high school and i aspire to become an animator. I have no idea how much the animation field demands to be hired and i worry that there are limited positions to which i can pick up with little to no experience. #animation #art...

#design

Jaden M.’s Avatar
Jaden M. Sep 06, 2019 171 views

What are the requirements to become a graphic designer?

I am a High School Senior, and I have yet to start the college application process. I am interested in both engineering and graphic design. #graphic-design #art #college...

#design

Jennifer E.’s Avatar
Jennifer E. Sep 06, 2019 238 views

What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career in a fashion industry?

Hi my name is Jennifer, I am a Glen Rose HS students, I am 17 years old and a junior. My strengths are being a good communicator, organizing and cleaning. I am interested in the fashion industry. In my spare time I like to organize. What other strengths or experiences might I need for a career...

#career #fashion #fashion-design #design

Israel R.’s Avatar
Israel R. Sep 05, 2019 315 views

I am in the 9th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career, what are some careers and helpful next steps I should consider based on my passions and interests?

At school, I am most interested in Game Designer, Game Concept Designer, and Lead Game Developer, while some of my hobbies include Learning/Playing Video Games, Drawing/Art, and Programming. A topic that I am passionate about is getting into a University that fits my needs. What are some career...

#video-games #technology #design #career #video-game-design #game-design

Caitlin P.’s Avatar
Caitlin P. Jul 12, 2018 1225 views

What part of your job do you love the most?

I am an incoming freshman (Undeclared) with interests in Civil Engineering, Environmental Policy, Biostatistics, Data Science, Sociology, Public Health, Entrepreneurship, Product Design, Network Administration, and Financial Analyst & Planning. I am exploring different career possibilities...

#biostatistics #policy #undeclared #network #stem #business #engineering #data #public #major #administration #environmental #design #public-health #analyst #product #science #financial #health #entrepreneurship #sociology #planning #civil

Saadia A.’s Avatar
Saadia A. Aug 25, 2019 182 views

which field of computers is best for designing different objects such as furniture,buildings.jewelry and lots of other objects

I have the interest of making design of every object in the world ; )...

#design