Career Questions tagged Design

Creative design is essential in many careers. Some of the most popular ones include graphic design, interior, video games, and user experience. Please read below for more information.

kyla N.’s Avatar
kyla N. Oct 19 25 views

How do I become a fashion designer for like models or movies or just in general? I don't know how to start my career and get other people in the world to see my designs, how do I show my designs?

I love clothes and shoes and creating outfits in general and when I get older if acting doesn't work out for me I want to become a fashion designer. fashion design...

fashion-design

Gianna M.’s Avatar
Gianna M. Oct 15 41 views

What does the average day look like for a 3D computer animator and/or advertiser?

I am currently an art student in high school, and I've always wanted to go into an artistic career. I was thinking about graphic designing, but I want to take it a step further and pursue a career where I animate, specifically advertisement commercials or even in movies or television shows....

design art animation graphic-design career

sohaya K.’s Avatar
sohaya K. Oct 11 58 views

How to get a job as a new graduate without any experience

Hi, my name is sohaya, I just graduated college with a degree in human-centred Design from India, I just moved to the US and am trying to look for a job as a design researcher, with no experience working in the US. What should my initial steps be? career design...

Gabriella G.’s Avatar
Gabriella G. Oct 06 60 views

Where is graphic design best paid?

I am a Jobcorps student looking for information about graphic design. graphic-design design...

art

Gabriella G.’s Avatar
Gabriella G. Oct 06 68 views
yuyan H.’s Avatar
yuyan H. Oct 05 46 views

What are courses I take in college if I want to major in a field related to graphic design (computer art)?

I am a high school student, currently taking computer art. I'm passionate in designing such as graphic design, create poster, banners... graphic-design design...

art

Ranjit H.’s Avatar
Ranjit H. Oct 03 109 views

How to create an attractive portfolio as a UI/UX designer?

I'm thinking of pursuing a career in UI/UX designing and right now I am finding an internship. But I have no idea how to start with my portfolio. internship design...

graphic-design

Zion O.’s Avatar
Zion O. Sep 21 91 views

I wanna be a successful animator,author ,comic artist, and actor so I have what it takes?

My favorite color is red n black. My favorite food is pizza N Im tryna be a animator someday communication art animator animation...

design

Jamie J.’s Avatar
Jamie J. Sep 19 176 views

How necessary is it to get a college degree for web development or UI/UX design?

I am a current high school senior considering whether or not I want to dedicate four year’s time and go into debt for a bachelor’s degree in computer science with a minor in design. I am hoping to get online certificates and take online courses instead as I’ve heard the computer science/design...

web-development uxdesign technology user-experience design computer uidesign graphic-design computer-science

Jayden Z.’s Avatar
Jayden Z. Sep 15 94 views

What is the best way to balance learning or working for a career you are interested all while doing a side hobby/gig to help better yourself financially?

I am interested in Computer Science, Graphical Design/Art, Computer Engineering as well as Video Production. My experience varies in those categories but all the while, I want to maintain a side gig in college so I am able to self-sustain myself. computer-science computer...

computer-engineering design computer-software

Jose M.’s Avatar
Jose M. Aug 31 99 views

Do I need an expensive pc for game design?

I'm a senior in Glendale High School, I'm taking Digital Art class 5-6 and I want to learn about video games design. game-design video-game-design...

design

Roger P.’s Avatar
Roger P. Aug 26 93 views

What are some simple jobs that I could have, (before I start/finish college) that have to do with graphic design?

So I'm looking for an entry-level job that has to do with graphic design. I don't know what jobs I should be looking for. I probably want to be a motion graphic designer, so if there's a simple job related to that somehow that would be preferable. Thanks for the future responses....

design graphic-design art computer graphic-designer

Saul C.’s Avatar
Saul C. Aug 18 154 views

What advice would we use for new people who would like to be like you?

What advice will be useful to start our career, how to deal with people, give good impressions, etc. animation career personal-development art job...

design

Tamia E.’s Avatar
Tamia E. Jul 28 126 views

What can I do to learn more about computers and design?

I want to do something in the future that has to do with programming and design, maybe animation? I don't know, but I want to do something creative and I want to do it with computers. I have no idea where to start. I am going into my senior year in high school and I still no nothing about...

design graphic-design computer animation

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jul 19 199 views

Is it possible to get a UI/UX job with a IST degree?

My major is IST and the classes I've taken are mostly web development/network architectures based. I've learned things like HTML, CSS, JS, C#, ASP.NET but nothing really design based. Would it still be possible to get a UI/UX designer based job even if I don't know things like how to use all...

design technology computer-science career

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jul 19 475 views

What do UX/UI designers major in and what are some daily tasks you do on the job?

I'm an IST major going into my last semester. Most of the classes I've had for my major have been web development/network architectures related. I think this is main reason why I started liking front end, but recently I've really wanted to learn more about UX/UI design. I've always had a strong...

ui design computerscience art college-major ux

Malevin A.’s Avatar
Malevin A. Jul 14 100 views

Help me know if I am on the right track .

Am an Ib student in grade 11 wanting to pursue interior designing or fashion design in university . This are the subjects I do : Language and literature English(HL) Mathematics (SL) Btec Diploma Art and Design art...

design

Alyssa M.’s Avatar
Alyssa M. Jul 03 111 views

I want to be an animator or work for character animation. I know there are many places to start but I don't know what would be the best. Where should I start

- I want to be able to create shows/animated series for any audience (adult or children) - I want to know what studios would be best to work with - I also wonder what are the best qualities that colleges and animation studios look for in artists animation art design...

artist