Career Questions tagged Books

Samira’s Avatar
Samira Sep 03 111 views

What books do you recommend to read about law or medicine?

Are there any books that are very insightful and interesting about law and medicine?

Voc’s Avatar
Voc Feb 23 109 views

How do I help people find what they are looking for? How do you organize books? What classes should I take?

#books #library

Rosetta’s Avatar
Rosetta Oct 27, 2021 142 views

What books should I read to be a doctor?

#doctor #books

Arianna’s Avatar
Arianna Jun 20, 2021 231 views

How to stay interested in something you like?

I really enjoy collecting books but I'm scared that one day i'll loose interest. #books

Wei’s Avatar
Wei Jun 14, 2021 302 views

What are some essential books you recommend reading before the age of 20

Hi all,

I'm seeking books that will help me grow as a person and provide a different perspective to thinking about today's contentious issues.
#books #writing #careerdevelopment

aisha’s Avatar
aisha Apr 26, 2021 436 views

How do you publish a book ?

#books #writing #writer #creative-writing #publishing

Ray’s Avatar
Ray Oct 10, 2020 348 views

Should I self publish my book even though I want to be an editor/publisher?

I started writing (and may illustrate) a children's picture book in my spare time. I spoke to a few different professors at my college about it and they all recommended I self publish it for a few reasons: it's faster, I get more control over what the end result looks like, and I would be...

Mariah’s Avatar
Mariah Jul 27, 2020 239 views

What are some great book clubs online that teenagers can join? Are there any programs that I can join that involve reading to children virtually?

# book reader #books #authors #professional

suki’s Avatar
suki Jun 13, 2020 569 views

How to read a book effectively if you don’t know the language well?

Hi! I have learned English for about 10years but still can’t manage myself to read a English book faster and effectively. Can someone tell me how you build up your vocabulary enough to read a book effectively. #books #english #language

Ms. Kim’s Avatar
Ms. May 16, 2020 331 views

I want to create an educational coloring book. What are the steps to publishing a book?

I'm a young professional and have an opportunity to work with nursing educators to create and publish an educational coloring book. I'm debating between collaborating with an established organization OR doing it independently and selling it on my own. With the help of the organization, I'd...

Account’s Avatar
Account Apr 26, 2020 338 views

Will you give me some tips on how to improve my anatomy and physiology exams?

On my last question, #college #medicine I realized that I shouldn't give up on my dream of becoming a nurse. However, what strategies can I use to do a good performance in my exams? should I read my notes every 15 minutes per day? or maybe read them 40 minutes per day? or what kind of...

Hoor’s Avatar
Hoor Apr 14, 2020 562 views

I'm still a student but I'm interested in marketing and I hope you advise me on how can I start in this field and which kind of books or articles I should read? , because I wanna graduate with sufficient skills and experience to find a good job

#marketing
#social-work
#career
#internship
#communication
#pr
#business
#psychology
#books
#articals
#research
#

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Mar 28, 2020 657 views

Any advice on getting a book published?

I write fiction. My dream is to get published someday. #writing #books #author #fiction #writer #book #published

paola’s Avatar
paola Apr 17, 2019 476 views

What are some steps in becoming a successful writer? What should I major in?

I would like to be a writer some day and I would like to know how to get my writing out there, how to be noticed. I will be going to college next year in the fall and I was thinking or majoring in English literature. Would that be a good major? #writing #college #author #college-major #books...

Paola’s Avatar
Paola Apr 16, 2019 403 views

What is the best way to become a writer?

I love to read and write and I wouldn't mind working in a field that involves that such as publishing and editing. But I would like to write my own books or be a writer in a some type of magazine. What would be the best way to get my writing noticed and successful? I would like to major in...

Emma’s Avatar
Emma Feb 20, 2019 472 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

Brenna’s Avatar
Brenna Aug 22, 2018 506 views

What are some life-changing, view-altering, mind-stretching books?

#reading #books #interesting #unique #literature #point-of-view

Beverley’s Avatar
Beverley May 31, 2018 550 views

I self published a book. What's next?

I've sold a decent number of copies of my novel, When the Clouds Break, but I don't know how to expand my audience without spending tons of money. Any advice would be appreciated. #books #writing #advertising #publication

Kathryn’s Avatar
Kathryn Apr 05, 2018 563 views

I'm looking to open a bookshop- how might I go about doing that?

Focus would mainly be on YA/NA books (both fiction and nonfiction). #books #bookshop #small-business #entrepreneur

Andie’s Avatar
Andie Mar 28, 2018 482 views

What is the best/most affordable way to pay for college text books?

Is it worth the risk to buy a cheaper, but more outdated version of a book or do I take the safe route and spend the extra money for the requested book? #books

Anna’s Avatar
Anna Mar 27, 2018 474 views

How do you get a publisher to look at your book?

I would love to become a published author (think fiction novels), but I do not know what is the right way to get a company to look at my work without hiring an agent. Is the key in your cover letter? If so, how do you write one? Thanks!
#writer #books #english-literature #writing

Elaysha’s Avatar
Elaysha Mar 15, 2018 493 views

What are the best resources for someone interested in book preservation?

I want to work in book preservation and I'm just not sure what resources are available. #books #preservation #conservation #library #special-collections

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Feb 10, 2018 1311 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Feb 10, 2018 1503 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

Shalini’s Avatar
Shalini Jan 24, 2018 461 views

Which are the best books for practising JEE Advanced 2018 mathematics?

#books for preparation #mathematics

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Jan 21, 2018 756 views

What is a day in the life of an editor like?

My dream career is to be a fiction author, but I know it's not really a financially-stable career, so I've been thinking of being an editor because I really, really love editing writing. I think I have an eye for it since I've always been the one that my peers come to for proofreading and...

Catherine’s Avatar
Catherine Jan 21, 2018 725 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

Jasmine’s Avatar
Jasmine Jan 19, 2018 453 views

How do I get into publishing?

I'm aware that it requires some level of internships but I'm not aware of the amount. Where should I intern? When? How do I acquire an internship?

#publishing #interships #english #magazines #books

Devetra’s Avatar
Devetra Dec 11, 2017 462 views

It there any websites/books that can help me in Economics 2?

I want to get a head start in before I start my next semester. #economics #books #college #career

Ashley’s Avatar
Ashley Dec 08, 2017 642 views

How does one become a book editor?

I love to read, and I have always thought it would be interesting to be a book editor. What sort of background would one need to become one? How does one become an editor for things like scientific journals? Thank you!
#editor #college #books