Career Questions tagged Books

Arianna D.’s Avatar
Arianna D. Jun 20 109 views

How to stay interested in something you like?

I really enjoy collecting books but I'm scared that one day i'll loose interest....

books

Wei H.’s Avatar
Wei H. Jun 14 124 views

What are some essential books you recommend reading before the age of 20

Hi all, I'm seeking books that will help me grow as a person and provide a different perspective to thinking about today's contentious issues. books writing...

careerdevelopment

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 10, 2020 209 views

Should I self publish my book even though I want to be an editor/publisher?

I started writing (and may illustrate) a children's picture book in my spare time. I spoke to a few different professors at my college about it and they all recommended I self publish it for a few reasons: it's faster, I get more control over what the end result looks like, and I would be...

publishing childrensbooks editing books selfpublish writing

suki Y.’s Avatar
suki Y. Jun 13, 2020 388 views

How to read a book effectively if you don’t know the language well?

Hi! I have learned English for about 10years but still can’t manage myself to read a English book faster and effectively. Can someone tell me how you build up your vocabulary enough to read a book effectively. books english...

language

Kimmy K.’s Avatar
Kimmy K. May 16, 2020 211 views

I want to create an educational coloring book. What are the steps to publishing a book?

I'm a young professional and have an opportunity to work with nursing educators to create and publish an educational coloring book. I'm debating between collaborating with an established organization OR doing it independently and selling it on my own. With the help of the organization, I'd...

llc copyright publish trademark publishing books california publisher coloring-book

Account D.’s Avatar
Account D. Apr 26, 2020 218 views

Will you give me some tips on how to improve my anatomy and physiology exams?

On my last question, college medicine I realized that I shouldn't give up on my dream of becoming a nurse. However, what strategies can I use to do a good performance in my exams? should I read my notes every 15 minutes per day? or maybe read them 40 minutes per day? or what kind of...

exams 2020 dreams books 2023 nurses help

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 329 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

author journalist books english reporting writing journalism reading

paola M.’s Avatar
paola M. Apr 17, 2019 334 views

What are some steps in becoming a successful writer? What should I major in?

I would like to be a writer some day and I would like to know how to get my writing out there, how to be noticed. I will be going to college next year in the fall and I was thinking or majoring in English literature. Would that be a good major? writing college author college-major books...

english literarture

Paola M.’s Avatar
Paola M. Apr 16, 2019 286 views

What is the best way to become a writer?

I love to read and write and I wouldn't mind working in a field that involves that such as publishing and editing. But I would like to write my own books or be a writer in a some type of magazine. What would be the best way to get my writing noticed and successful? I would like to major in...

english columnist books writing literature author

Kathryn T.’s Avatar
Kathryn T. Apr 05, 2018 424 views

I'm looking to open a bookshop- how might I go about doing that?

Focus would mainly be on YA/NA books (both fiction and nonfiction). books bookshop small-business...

entrepreneur

Beverley S.’s Avatar
Beverley S. May 31, 2018 414 views

I self published a book. What's next?

I've sold a decent number of copies of my novel, When the Clouds Break, but I don't know how to expand my audience without spending tons of money. Any advice would be appreciated. books writing advertising...

publication

Anna D.’s Avatar
Anna D. Mar 27, 2018 358 views

How do you get a publisher to look at your book?

I would love to become a published author (think fiction novels), but I do not know what is the right way to get a company to look at my work without hiring an agent. Is the key in your cover letter? If so, how do you write one? Thanks! writer books english-literature...

writing

Andie S.’s Avatar
Andie S. Mar 28, 2018 405 views

What is the best/most affordable way to pay for college text books?

Is it worth the risk to buy a cheaper, but more outdated version of a book or do I take the safe route and spend the extra money for the requested book?...

books

Elaysha W.’s Avatar
Elaysha W. Mar 15, 2018 383 views

What are the best resources for someone interested in book preservation?

I want to work in book preservation and I'm just not sure what resources are available. books preservation conservation library...

special-collections

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 1020 views

Tips for surviving bad classes and/or horrible teachers?

I'm open to answers from both fellow students and former students for this question! I'm currently taking a literature class, and I absolutely love it, but that's in regards to all the novels on our reading syllabus being outstanding reads and my own innate passion for literature. When it comes...

survival literature bad-classes bad-teachers books tips writing english-literature advice help essays surviving-high-school novels academic-english essay novel student-advice student english book class classes high-school-classes reading

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 10, 2018 1221 views

Can you be both a copy editor and a content editor?

Rather than being one or the other, I'm wondering if you can be both. I'm aware that each type of editor has a different skill set; however, I love the idea of doing both types of editing and I wouldn't want to limit myself to one type. Plus, wouldn't the flexibility of being able to do either...

editing content-editor novels novel writing-and-editing publishing copy-editing book books writing editor copy-editor content-editing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 588 views

What is a day in the life of an editor like?

My dream career is to be a fiction author, but I know it's not really a financially-stable career, so I've been thinking of being an editor because I really, really love editing writing. I think I have an eye for it since I've always been the one that my peers come to for proofreading and...

editing creative-writing writers novels author writing-and-editing publishing books writer writing editor

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 549 views

Can you get an internship at a publishing company?

I'm not in college yet, so it might be a little early for me to be asking, but I'd really like to be a copy editor for books and I was wondering if I could get an internship at a publishing company in the future, to scope out the environment and get more experience with the job. Will I have...

novel-writing editing internships creative-writing novels writing-and-editing internship publishing copy-editing books writing editor publishing-company interns

Jasmine B.’s Avatar
Jasmine B. Jan 19, 2018 348 views

How do I get into publishing?

I'm aware that it requires some level of internships but I'm not aware of the amount. Where should I intern? When? How do I acquire an internship? publishing interships english magazines...

books

Devetra C.’s Avatar
Devetra C. Dec 11, 2017 389 views
Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017 531 views

How does one become a book editor?

I love to read, and I have always thought it would be interesting to be a book editor. What sort of background would one need to become one? How does one become an editor for things like scientific journals? Thank you! editor college...

books

Maria T.’s Avatar
Maria T. Mar 12, 2017 3129 views

What is the 1 book you would suggest everyone reads in their lifetime?

I'm making it a personal goal to read for 30 minutes daily again, and am looking for some quality material. Anything related to science, technology, or woman's history are very interesting to me. college engineering science technology tech women-in-tech reading women-in-engineering...

books

Madison B.’s Avatar
Madison B. Sep 01, 2017 743 views

What does being a book editor entail?

I know I want to be incorporated in the book industry. First I thought about being a writer but now I've moved towards editing. Being able to help the books that move so many people and change peoples lives, come to fruition would be amazing. I would want to focus on fiction novels. What I...

books editor career-opportunity-and-preparation

W. C. Y.’s Avatar
W. C. Y. Mar 24, 2017 775 views

Is there any suggestions if I hope to become a writer?

What can I do to improve my writing skill? I understand that I would need to read and write more but is there any other methods which would help me to become a better writer? writer writing author english english-literature books personal-development...

career-details