Career Questions tagged Writer

candice S.’s Avatar
candice S. Apr 07 82 views

can a student get a full-time job?

Very good character with a great personality. Disciplined and respectful. Hard worker and determined. Leader and Team worker. Punctual and prompt. Ambitious and Determined. Hands on and co-operative. Good grammar and communication skills. #career #business #fun #sonogram #artist #fashion...

#book #writer #author #fashion-design #modeling #models

Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24 64 views

What's something about the writing industry new writers should know?

I'm a Sophmore in high school who is very determined to get into the writing industry with an urban fiction novel I'm working on. I'm the type of person who likes to know everything I can about something before going forward so what are some things that I, as a new writer, should know about the...

#highschool #literature #writer #author

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 55 views

I want to be a writer, but what do you do when you have writer's block?!

Hi! I'm Ms. Eldridge at the International Community School. My 5th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance!...

#writer

Jaelarae C.’s Avatar
Jaelarae C. Oct 31, 2020 85 views

What do you do when u come across writers block?

I'm interested in learning about what a day in a life is like for a writer, so far I have learned that writing is a good way to Express your feelings and a good way to connect with people, but I would also like to know what type of things do yall do when you come across writers block....

#writer #journalism

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 04, 2020 378 views

I'm a sophomore in high school and I'm exploring my career options. What are some career options that align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps I can take in the near future?

At school I'm mostly interested in English while my hobbies include writing, criticizing or praising movies and music, photography, and anything that has to do with design or visual art. Topics that intrigue me are politics, debate, and changing the world for the...

#english #film-acting #filmdirector #film #director #writer #career #arts #film-production #design #film-editing #editing #media-production

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Aug 08, 2020 355 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

#influencer #technology #professionals #strategy #writer #contentcreator #careeradvice #career #hr #algorithm #recruiters #consulting #linkedin

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 279 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#creative-writing #writing #journalism #copywriting #writer #author #editing #college

Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28, 2020 247 views
Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 255 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#florida #polkcounty #creative-writing #writing #journalism #writer #author

Dylan J.’s Avatar
Dylan J. Jul 07, 2019 269 views
Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 330 views

Debate vs AP Literature and Composition

In my school instead of a Language Arts Class, you can take Debate. Would it be better to be on Debate and the Debate team, or should I stick with a hard class like APLAC? I also have the option of taking college English or Business Communications. What's the option for college applications?...

#english #writing #higher-education #high-school #student #air-force #writer #school #ap #acting #educator #college #any #author #teacher #classes #schedule #debate #military

Madison W.’s Avatar
Madison W. Mar 26, 2019 214 views

What are some Day-to-Day responsibilities of a Copywriter?

I was wondering what some of the day to day activities of a copywriter were. I am a high schooler interested in the field and I was wondering what it was like. Thanks so much! #technology #copywriter...

#writer

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 08, 2019 243 views

Best Creative Tech

What are the best kind of devices to take on the go for art/writing/anything artistic? I've heard you should get devices that have no internet access and then others say to get devices with lots of fancy apps. Advice? #writing #college #art #writer...

#tech

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 08, 2019 178 views

Creative Equipment

What is the best tech for writers? I've been told that you need special programs to help fact-check, plaigarize-check, etc. Is this true? And if so, does this tech really help? #writing #creative-writing #author #writer...

#tech

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 05, 2019 214 views

Self Publish or Pitch?

I've heard it both ways: pitch your book. Self-publish. Which is better to do first? Publishers have declared they like unknowns, while others want authors with a following already? Which path is more lucrative and advisable for a young author just starting out? #write #writer #youngauthor...

#writing #teenauthor #selfpublish #author #publishing

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 05, 2019 174 views

What is YA?

I am a teenager who enjoys writing, but I often find myself frustrated by the books on the YA shelf as the majority of them seem to be only romance or a romance with thinly veiled fantasy/dystopian elements thrown on top of it. I enjoy writing whatever I want, but I'm wondering if my historical...

#ya #youngadult #teenauthor #writing #write #writer #author

maurice W.’s Avatar
maurice W. Jan 17, 2019 175 views

Anyone has any tips on writing a science fiction novel

I want to make my book unique unto itself and not another repeat of the general story types....

#writer

Crystal E.’s Avatar
Crystal E. Nov 27, 2018 361 views

What would be the best college classes to take to become a writer/editor?

I am a Freshman in High School who has always had a passion for writing. I have taken to writing stories online as posting them on sites such as FanFiction.Net and Quotev.Com. Does anyone have any suggestions or even just advice. #writing #college #author...

#writer

Hannah N.’s Avatar
Hannah N. Aug 12, 2018 368 views
Gabriel S.’s Avatar
Gabriel S. May 28, 2018 303 views

Do you have any advice for a student who wants to be a novelist?

I will be attending NYU this fall and majoring in English and I hope to be a novelist in the future. #english #writing #novelist #fiction #writer...

#author

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Jul 23, 2018 289 views

How Do I Break Into the Screenwriting Industry?

How do I get into writing for film? Is it easier than writing literature or is it harder? I don't want to be famous, just write things. Which is an easier field to get into or what is the significant difference that could affect my choice about which writing industry to go into? #writing #film...

#literature #writer #author

Diana M.’s Avatar
Diana M. May 31, 2018 423 views

How hard is it *really* to publish a book?

While I want to be a copyeditor as my *day* job, I've written several novels I would love to publish sometime down the road (after much revision...). Every time I speak about this with someone, though, their immediate answer seems to be, "Ha! Good luck." My questions is... is it really that...

#book #creativewriting #novel #publish #writer

Lane J.’s Avatar
Lane J. Jan 10, 2018 330 views

What is a year in the life of an author like?

I really want to know what progress is like as an author in the real world, and if there is any struggles or problems, and what it's like to pick certain genres (or not). I'd also like to know when are the most enjoyable/satisfying times of an author's career. #author #writing #progress...

#publishing #writing-and-editing #writer

Anna D.’s Avatar
Anna D. Mar 27, 2018 295 views

How do you get a publisher to look at your book?

I would love to become a published author (think fiction novels), but I do not know what is the right way to get a company to look at my work without hiring an agent. Is the key in your cover letter? If so, how do you write one? Thanks! #writer #books #english-literature...

#writing

Lia A.’s Avatar
Lia A. Jan 22, 2018 312 views

What kind of writing careers can I pursue ?

careers excluding being a journalist , I mostly like writing about stuff pertaining to psychology ( getting to know why humans react they way they do)...

#writer

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 21, 2018 505 views

What is a day in the life of an editor like?

My dream career is to be a fiction author, but I know it's not really a financially-stable career, so I've been thinking of being an editor because I really, really love editing writing. I think I have an eye for it since I've always been the one that my peers come to for proofreading and...

#creative-writing #novels #writing #editor #writing-and-editing #writer #author #writers #editing #publishing #books

Fathima M.’s Avatar
Fathima M. Jan 17, 2018 305 views

How do I blend visual art and writing skill with my biotechnology degree for a career?

Ever since I was a kid, I was constantly stuck between wanting to be an artist, a writer, or a scientist. There must be some way to have all these things in my life, but I'm not really sure since I want to be a microbiologist or parasitologist. #biology #biotechnology #molecular-biology...

#marine-biology #drawing #drawing-and-painting #writer #cell-biology #wildlife-biology #evolutionary-biology #painting