Career Questions tagged Journalism

Journalism is the process of collecting facts to tell a story. Journalism is a part of Mass Communications and focuses heavily on reading and writing. There are multiple different types...

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26 57 views

Is it better to study journalism/communications or Academic subjects to become a Journalist?

So basically, the dilemma here is that I have recently decided to try to become a journalist, and I was wondering if it would be better to do an academic university degree (e.g. international relations, politics etc.) to build a broad foundation of knowledge and then transition to journalism,...

#internationalrelations #politics #journalism #career #academicvsvocational #july20 #reporting #communications

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14 149 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#medical #history #college #writing

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29 113 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#journalism #creative-writing #author #writer #college #writing #copywriting #editing

Indhu H.’s Avatar
Indhu H. Jun 09 104 views

I'm planning to take journalism. I would like to get some insights of choosing it as a career

I would like to know about the following - best place to study and practice it -requirements/talents/priorities for taking it up as a full time career -professional advice for the same...

#journalism

Dylan C.’s Avatar
Dylan C. May 19 119 views

How to break out

I’m a college junior interested in sports journalism, how do I get my first opportunity to break out? #sports...

#journalism

J B.’s Avatar
J B. Apr 22 115 views

What is the traditional path to becoming a journalist in this day and age?

#journalism #writing I am a 15-year-old student at a tech school in Massachusetts looking to become a journalist, as stories are important to me, truth is a necessity to me, and writing is my...

Taya Y.’s Avatar
Taya Y. Mar 18 114 views

What are the best courses I should take through grade 11 and 12 to become a journalist?

I am currently in grade 10, and I would really like to become a journalist. Writing has always been my passion, and I would love to spend the rest of my life doing it. #writing #journalism #highschoolplan #college...

#career-advice

Brice J.’s Avatar
Brice J. Mar 09 129 views

What are some prerequisites that you feel are mandatory to have in the field of literature and journalism?

I'm very reserved and reticent, but with that comes a serene mindset able to endure the crudest of times that require absurd patience. I am willing to partake in any tribulation or lengthy assignment if it corresponds with my will. My linguistic skill in my native tongue is rather astute, but I...

#scripting #journalism #writing

Tomiwa A.’s Avatar
Tomiwa A. Jan 09 121 views

Do I need maths to be a journalist

My name is Peter Tomiwa Andrew,am from Nigeria kogi state.I am 16 years old and about to enter the college,I have passion to become a journalist since my childhood...

#journalism

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 187 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#biology #major #journalism #medicine #computer_science #cybersecurity #undecided #university #english

lerato M.’s Avatar
lerato M. Dec 14, 2019 187 views

I have business studies ,coputer application technology acconting and mathematical literacy as my subjects are those enough or will i need to take a bridging course before i start studing to become a news anchor ?

Hi i am lerato and 15 years of age i live in south africa .I think news is a very important role in our daily life . That is why i want to become a news anchor . Your response to my question will intend be helpful in my decision making. #journalism #business...

#entrepreneur

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22, 2019 149 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. #writing #communication #author...

#journalism

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 186 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#polkcounty #writer #journalism #writing #creative-writing #florida #author

Mark S.’s Avatar
Mark S. Nov 15, 2019 105 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 137 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#author #journalism #writing

Sibonga B.’s Avatar
Sibonga B. Aug 21, 2019 85 views
Shanair P.’s Avatar
Shanair P. Jul 12, 2019 165 views
Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 183 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#journalism #reading #author #journalist #reporting #writing #english #books

Dylan J.’s Avatar
Dylan J. Jul 07, 2019 187 views
Relebohile M.’s Avatar
Relebohile M. Apr 14, 2019 123 views
Krystal W.’s Avatar
Krystal W. Mar 19, 2019 174 views

What's more important? Having connections or experience?

I want to be a sports journalist in the future. I have made connections with people in the journalism field, but I don't know how to keep in touch with them without annoying them. I'm curious to know what's more important for me moving forward. #journalism #college #sports...

#career

Susan F.’s Avatar
Susan F. Feb 24, 2019 159 views

communications major vs. a journalism major?

although i'm not set on anything yet, i've been considering pursuing journalism as a major. however, would a communications degree be more "useful" than a journalism degree since it's more broad? what is taught in for communications majors? what jobs could one get with a communications degree?...

#communication #journalism

jeannine S.’s Avatar
jeannine S. Feb 14, 2019 177 views