Career Questions tagged Journalism

Journalism is the process of collecting facts to tell a story. Journalism is a part of Mass Communications and focuses heavily on reading and writing. There are multiple different types...

jyothi S.’s Avatar
jyothi S. yesterday 16 views
Brennan A.’s Avatar
Brennan A. Jun 03 38 views

How would you find a job from studying the field of English?

Is there any other #career than something like a teacher? I've heard from other people that I handle things where I have to #teach people pretty well but I'm not sure if that is what I want to pursue. I would maybe like to go into the field of #journalism , but I find finding #resources in my...

#confusing

Jessica M.’s Avatar
Jessica M. May 24 39 views

How did you seek interest in becoming a Journalist?

I am doing a career blog project and trying to get insight on how you seek interest in Journalism. #journalist...

#journalism

Jessica M.’s Avatar
Jessica M. May 24 38 views

As a Journalist, how would you handle a hostile or uncooperative interviewee?

I am doing a career bog project and trying to get insight on how do Journalists handle hostile or uncooperative interviewees. #journalism...

#journalist

Jessica M.’s Avatar
Jessica M. May 24 70 views

As a Journalist, how do you ensure your work is accurate and factual?

I am doing a career blog project and is interested in getting an insight into how you know your work is accurate and factual #journalist...

#journalism

Jessica M.’s Avatar
Jessica M. May 24 39 views

As a Journalist, how would you manage the stress of tight deadlines?

I am doing a career blog project and trying to get insight into how journalists manage their stress with tight deadlines. #journalist...

#journalism

Jessica M.’s Avatar
Jessica M. May 24 32 views

What is a typical day as a journalist?

I am doing this career blog project and I need some insight into what's it like on a day to day basis as a journalist #journalism...

#journalist

Nicolas J.’s Avatar
Nicolas J. Apr 05 94 views

Who is your hero?

I like going for a walk....

#journalism

Dejah J.’s Avatar
Dejah J. Mar 16 134 views

What should I study in college in order to become a journalist?

I'm a 9th grader interested in becoming a news journalist. I wanted to know what college courses I should take in order to pursue this career. #journalism #journalist...

#media

Derven H.’s Avatar
Derven H. Feb 26 129 views
Diya S.’s Avatar
Diya S. Jan 04 157 views

Unable to select a right bachelor degree for me

I am in 12th grade right now, I've taken humanities, I am interested in interviewing celebrities and traveling the world, what will be the right career for me? How can I get a job in foreign countries? I want to get a job ASAP! To earn well, so that I can fulfill my dream of traveling the...

#journalism #after12th #degree #travel #career

Arash B.’s Avatar
Arash B. Nov 24, 2020 119 views

journalism and media

I completed my bachelors in journalism and media want a #job in #journalism and #media in...

#usa

Jaelarae C.’s Avatar
Jaelarae C. Oct 31, 2020 121 views

What do you do when u come across writers block?

I'm interested in learning about what a day in a life is like for a writer, so far I have learned that writing is a good way to Express your feelings and a good way to connect with people, but I would also like to know what type of things do yall do when you come across writers block....

#journalism #writer

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26, 2020 333 views

Is it better to study journalism/communications or Academic subjects to become a Journalist?

So basically, the dilemma here is that I have recently decided to try to become a journalist, and I was wondering if it would be better to do an academic university degree (e.g. international relations, politics etc.) to build a broad foundation of knowledge and then transition to journalism,...

#journalism #july20 #academicvsvocational #internationalrelations #communications #career #politics #reporting

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14, 2020 304 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#history #college #writing #medical

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 391 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#journalism #writing #author #creative-writing #writer #editing #college #copywriting

Indhu H.’s Avatar
Indhu H. Jun 09, 2020 238 views

I'm planning to take journalism. I would like to get some insights of choosing it as a career

I would like to know about the following - best place to study and practice it -requirements/talents/priorities for taking it up as a full time career -professional advice for the same...

#journalism

Dylan C.’s Avatar
Dylan C. May 19, 2020 249 views

How to break out

I’m a college junior interested in sports journalism, how do I get my first opportunity to break out? #sports...

#journalism

J B.’s Avatar
J B. Apr 22, 2020 205 views

What is the traditional path to becoming a journalist in this day and age?

#journalism #writing I am a 15-year-old student at a tech school in Massachusetts looking to become a journalist, as stories are important to me, truth is a necessity to me, and writing is my...

Taya Y.’s Avatar
Taya Y. Mar 18, 2020 201 views

What are the best courses I should take through grade 11 and 12 to become a journalist?

I am currently in grade 10, and I would really like to become a journalist. Writing has always been my passion, and I would love to spend the rest of my life doing it. #writing #journalism #highschoolplan #college...

#career-advice

Brice J.’s Avatar
Brice J. Mar 09, 2020 211 views

What are some prerequisites that you feel are mandatory to have in the field of literature and journalism?

I'm very reserved and reticent, but with that comes a serene mindset able to endure the crudest of times that require absurd patience. I am willing to partake in any tribulation or lengthy assignment if it corresponds with my will. My linguistic skill in my native tongue is rather astute, but I...

#journalism #scripting #writing

Tomiwa A.’s Avatar
Tomiwa A. Jan 09, 2020 201 views

Do I need maths to be a journalist

My name is Peter Tomiwa Andrew,am from Nigeria kogi state.I am 16 years old and about to enter the college,I have passion to become a journalist since my childhood...

#journalism

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 319 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#english #journalism #cybersecurity #medicine #biology #university #undecided #computer_science #major