Career Questions tagged Journalism

Journalism is the process of collecting facts to tell a story. Journalism is a part of Mass Communications and focuses heavily on reading and writing. There are multiple different types...

Dylan C.’s Avatar
Dylan C. May 19 69 views

How to break out

I’m a college junior interested in sports journalism, how do I get my first opportunity to break out? #sports...

#journalism

J B.’s Avatar
J B. Apr 22 71 views

What is the traditional path to becoming a journalist in this day and age?

#journalism #writing I am a 15-year-old student at a tech school in Massachusetts looking to become a journalist, as stories are important to me, truth is a necessity to me, and writing is my...

Taya Y.’s Avatar
Taya Y. Mar 18 89 views

What are the best courses I should take through grade 11 and 12 to become a journalist?

I am currently in grade 10, and I would really like to become a journalist. Writing has always been my passion, and I would love to spend the rest of my life doing it. #writing #journalism #highschoolplan #college...

#career-advice

Brice J.’s Avatar
Brice J. Mar 09 97 views

What are some prerequisites that you feel are mandatory to have in the field of literature and journalism?

I'm very reserved and reticent, but with that comes a serene mindset able to endure the crudest of times that require absurd patience. I am willing to partake in any tribulation or lengthy assignment if it corresponds with my will. My linguistic skill in my native tongue is rather astute, but I...

#journalism #scripting #writing

Tomiwa A.’s Avatar
Tomiwa A. Jan 09 106 views

Do I need maths to be a journalist

My name is Peter Tomiwa Andrew,am from Nigeria kogi state.I am 16 years old and about to enter the college,I have passion to become a journalist since my childhood...

#journalism

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 139 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#major #journalism #cybersecurity #university #biology #medicine #computer_science #english #undecided

lerato M.’s Avatar
lerato M. Dec 14, 2019 171 views

I have business studies ,coputer application technology acconting and mathematical literacy as my subjects are those enough or will i need to take a bridging course before i start studing to become a news anchor ?

Hi i am lerato and 15 years of age i live in south africa .I think news is a very important role in our daily life . That is why i want to become a news anchor . Your response to my question will intend be helpful in my decision making. #journalism #business...

#entrepreneur

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22, 2019 130 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. #writing #communication #author...

#journalism

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 158 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#journalism #writing #creative-writing #florida #polkcounty #author #writer

Mark S.’s Avatar
Mark S. Nov 15, 2019 89 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 122 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#journalism #author #writing

Sibonga B.’s Avatar
Sibonga B. Aug 21, 2019 71 views
Shanair P.’s Avatar
Shanair P. Jul 12, 2019 150 views
Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 152 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#journalism #journalist #books #reading #english #author #writing #reporting

Dylan J.’s Avatar
Dylan J. Jul 07, 2019 157 views
Relebohile M.’s Avatar
Relebohile M. Apr 14, 2019 109 views
Krystal W.’s Avatar
Krystal W. Mar 19, 2019 157 views

What's more important? Having connections or experience?

I want to be a sports journalist in the future. I have made connections with people in the journalism field, but I don't know how to keep in touch with them without annoying them. I'm curious to know what's more important for me moving forward. #journalism #college #sports...

#career

Susan F.’s Avatar
Susan F. Feb 24, 2019 143 views

communications major vs. a journalism major?

although i'm not set on anything yet, i've been considering pursuing journalism as a major. however, would a communications degree be more "useful" than a journalism degree since it's more broad? what is taught in for communications majors? what jobs could one get with a communications degree?...

#journalism #communication

jeannine S.’s Avatar
jeannine S. Feb 14, 2019 154 views
Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 329 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

#journalism #career-advice #college #work-environment #career-help #writing #career #college-student #stress #work-life-balance #student-advice #job-environment #career-counseling #job #work #burnout #advice #help

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 264 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#journalism #career-advice #college #career-path #publishing #technical-writing #career-help #creative-writing #writing #career #career-choice #career-planning #work-life-balance #student #student-advice #career-counseling #job #work #writing-and-editing #editing #following-your-passions #advice #help