Career Questions tagged Journalism

Journalism is the process of collecting facts to tell a story. Journalism is a part of Mass Communications and focuses heavily on reading and writing. There are multiple different types...

Nicolas J.’s Avatar
Nicolas J. Apr 05 50 views

Who is your hero?

I like going for a walk....

#journalism

Dejah J.’s Avatar
Dejah J. Mar 16 90 views

What should I study in college in order to become a journalist?

I'm a 9th grader interested in becoming a news journalist. I wanted to know what college courses I should take in order to pursue this career. #journalism #journalist...

#media

Derven H.’s Avatar
Derven H. Feb 26 70 views
Diya S.’s Avatar
Diya S. Jan 04 130 views

Unable to select a right bachelor degree for me

I am in 12th grade right now, I've taken humanities, I am interested in interviewing celebrities and traveling the world, what will be the right career for me? How can I get a job in foreign countries? I want to get a job ASAP! To earn well, so that I can fulfill my dream of traveling the...

#after12th #career #journalism #travel #degree

Arash B.’s Avatar
Arash B. Nov 24, 2020 99 views

journalism and media

I completed my bachelors in journalism and media want a #job in #journalism and #media in...

#usa

Jaelarae C.’s Avatar
Jaelarae C. Oct 31, 2020 85 views

What do you do when u come across writers block?

I'm interested in learning about what a day in a life is like for a writer, so far I have learned that writing is a good way to Express your feelings and a good way to connect with people, but I would also like to know what type of things do yall do when you come across writers block....

#writer #journalism

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26, 2020 274 views

Is it better to study journalism/communications or Academic subjects to become a Journalist?

So basically, the dilemma here is that I have recently decided to try to become a journalist, and I was wondering if it would be better to do an academic university degree (e.g. international relations, politics etc.) to build a broad foundation of knowledge and then transition to journalism,...

#politics #academicvsvocational #journalism #communications #july20 #internationalrelations #career #reporting

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14, 2020 274 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#writing #medical #college #history

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 279 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#creative-writing #writing #journalism #copywriting #writer #author #editing #college

Indhu H.’s Avatar
Indhu H. Jun 09, 2020 214 views

I'm planning to take journalism. I would like to get some insights of choosing it as a career

I would like to know about the following - best place to study and practice it -requirements/talents/priorities for taking it up as a full time career -professional advice for the same...

#journalism

Dylan C.’s Avatar
Dylan C. May 19, 2020 223 views

How to break out

I’m a college junior interested in sports journalism, how do I get my first opportunity to break out? #sports...

#journalism

J B.’s Avatar
J B. Apr 22, 2020 181 views

What is the traditional path to becoming a journalist in this day and age?

#journalism #writing I am a 15-year-old student at a tech school in Massachusetts looking to become a journalist, as stories are important to me, truth is a necessity to me, and writing is my...

Taya Y.’s Avatar
Taya Y. Mar 18, 2020 182 views

What are the best courses I should take through grade 11 and 12 to become a journalist?

I am currently in grade 10, and I would really like to become a journalist. Writing has always been my passion, and I would love to spend the rest of my life doing it. #writing #journalism #highschoolplan #college...

#career-advice

Brice J.’s Avatar
Brice J. Mar 09, 2020 188 views

What are some prerequisites that you feel are mandatory to have in the field of literature and journalism?

I'm very reserved and reticent, but with that comes a serene mindset able to endure the crudest of times that require absurd patience. I am willing to partake in any tribulation or lengthy assignment if it corresponds with my will. My linguistic skill in my native tongue is rather astute, but I...

#writing #scripting #journalism

Tomiwa A.’s Avatar
Tomiwa A. Jan 09, 2020 178 views

Do I need maths to be a journalist

My name is Peter Tomiwa Andrew,am from Nigeria kogi state.I am 16 years old and about to enter the college,I have passion to become a journalist since my childhood...

#journalism

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 285 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#english #journalism #computer_science #undecided #cybersecurity #major #biology #university #medicine

lerato M.’s Avatar
lerato M. Dec 14, 2019 236 views

I have business studies ,coputer application technology acconting and mathematical literacy as my subjects are those enough or will i need to take a bridging course before i start studing to become a news anchor ?

Hi i am lerato and 15 years of age i live in south africa .I think news is a very important role in our daily life . That is why i want to become a news anchor . Your response to my question will intend be helpful in my decision making. #journalism #business...

#entrepreneur

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22, 2019 218 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. #writing #communication #author...

#journalism

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 255 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#florida #polkcounty #creative-writing #writing #journalism #writer #author

Mark S.’s Avatar
Mark S. Nov 15, 2019 180 views
Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 203 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#journalism #writing #author

Sibonga B.’s Avatar
Sibonga B. Aug 21, 2019 146 views
Shanair P.’s Avatar
Shanair P. Jul 12, 2019 244 views
Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 258 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#reading #english #writing #journalism #journalist #author #reporting #books

Dylan J.’s Avatar
Dylan J. Jul 07, 2019 269 views