Career Questions tagged Journalism

Journalism is the process of collecting facts to tell a story. Journalism is a part of Mass Communications and focuses heavily on reading and writing. There are multiple different types...

anitha T.’s Avatar
anitha T. May 06, 2016

Which subject is suitable for Media Studies

I have completed 10th, so please help me #educator #journalism #media...

#media-relations

Racinda G.’s Avatar
Racinda G. May 19, 2016

What is the difference between a data journalist, graphics, CAR, news applications, etc?

I have realized as my interest has grown larger and larger for journalism that there are many different types. And also many different areas of journalism one may branch off into. I'm wondering what makes each of them different or so significant to the profession, that I may further educate...

#science-journalism #mass-communications #data-journalism #broadcast-journalism #journalism

Racinda G.’s Avatar
Racinda G. May 19, 2016

Why is journalism important?

Ever since I was in the 6th grade ive wanted to become a Journalist. I have a strong passion for informing, researching and helping the commuity as best as I can. But, I have also realized that there is barely a demand for journalists. And anytime I express to anyone that this is my future they...

#science-journalism #communications #online-journalism #mass-communications #broadcast-journalism #journalism

John S.’s Avatar
John S. May 16, 2016

What career field should I explore if I love to talk, write and care about history?

I am undecided what to major in. I am very passionate about history, but also love writing and talking to anyone who listens. #journalism...

#teachers

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. May 13, 2016

What classes should I take to become a writer?

I am a high school senior and I have always been fascinated with writing and how books are so compelling. It is my dream to do what other writers have done and entertain readers with worlds that I create. #college #college-major #journalism #writer...

#editor

William F.’s Avatar
William F. Oct 23, 2016

What is the most rewarding thing about a career in journalism

I don't necessarily like to write but I have been told that I am good at it. I am trying to determine if being good at writing is the best way to judge if this is the career for me. #journalism #communications...

#business-communications

Riley U.’s Avatar
Riley U. Aug 21, 2016

When deciding where to go to college how important is it to access location?

The main reason I ask this question is because I am an aspiring entertainment journalist and I would like to know if it is helpful to go to college in a place like Boston or New York, or if it really doesn't matter as long as I am getting a good education. Being from Eastern Washington I see...

#entertainment-industry #communications #college #location #journalism

Jakob R.’s Avatar
Jakob R. Aug 21, 2016

Aside from interviews and basic research, what is the overall process like to gather information and report the story?

I am a high school student interested in the field of journalism. I would appreciate knowing how they get their information and what kind of sources they use to create a strong story for the public. #sports #journalism #sports-journalism...

#broadcast-journalism

Jasmine S.’s Avatar
Jasmine S. Aug 22, 2016

What advice do you give to a student whose dream career is susceptible to job/financial instability due to constant evolving and influence by the advancement of technology?

As a journalism major, I'm always concerned about the highs and lows of such a career that is always changing and one that is sometimes susceptible to the loss of jobs due to the advancement of technology? #college #business #career #science #technology #journalism...

#human-resources

Jasmine S.’s Avatar
Jasmine S. Aug 22, 2016

What advice do you have for students trying to uphold the balance between attending college and making time for hours at work?

As a college student, this seems impossible at times and often intimidates me. Sometimes as a student you feel incapable of succeeding when so much is inundated onto your plate. #college #business #nursing #jobs #graduate-school #journalism #students...

#work-life-balance

Ashanti D.’s Avatar
Ashanti D. Aug 19, 2016

What is it like to be in the public eye when it comes to sports entertainment?

I have always been curious as to how these athletes live out their daily life as normal citizens. #journalism #athlete...

#sports-journalism

Ayanna A.’s Avatar
Ayanna A. Aug 19, 2016

If you've ever doubted your ability to do great in your dream career, does that mean that you're not cut out for it or is that completely normal?

I had a bad experience with a terrible former employer who used to belittle me and downplay my work ethic. After that experience, I spent a month reflecting, wondering if I was indeed bad at my job. While I no longer believe the awful things she said to me, sometimes I look back and wonder if...

#internships #communications #editing #writing #public-relations #journalism

Lolaestella C.’s Avatar
Lolaestella C. Aug 16, 2016

What courses should I take for journalism?

Once i go to college I plan on taking a creative writing class but what else should I take....

#journalism

Lolaestella C.’s Avatar
Lolaestella C. Aug 16, 2016

Is journalism a hard business to get into?

I've wanted to do something with writing for a long time and if it's easier to do it with sports rather than on my own....

#journalism

Lexis M.’s Avatar
Lexis M. Aug 16, 2016

Do people with higher degrees most likely get better positions at a job?

I am going to school for a master's in journalism and a Ph.D in communications. I wanted to know if when I apply to a job I'm more likely to get a higher position that is available since I have a higher degree of education. #journalism #communications #broadcast-journalism...

#marketing-communications #investigative-reporting

Lexis M.’s Avatar
Lexis M. Aug 16, 2016

How long does it usually take to get into a job after graduating college?

I don't want to get into a hastle where I'm struggling to make a living because my job search isn't going well or I'm in a job I'm not happy with. #business #career #career-counseling #journalism #communications #communication #social-media-marketing...

#investigative-reporting

Kayla J.’s Avatar
Kayla J. Aug 16, 2016

Would it be better for me to major in Journalism or Mass Communications?

I am asking this question because ever since I was a little girl I always wanted to be a magazine editor; however, lately i have been thinking about pursuing a career in broadcast journalism. Also many people who do end up majoring in Journalism have difficulties finding a job, so would...

#reporter #editor #magazine #editing #journalist #journalism

Lauren D.’s Avatar
Lauren D. Aug 16, 2016

What is it like to cover a major sporting event outside the US, like the Olympics or Copa Mundial?

I'm a Senior in high school and am interested in pursuing a career in Journalism. I currently live in Albuquerque, New Mexico, but I hope to attend college out of state, possibly in Chicago. While I'm not planning on having a career in Sports Journalism, I'm open to writing and reporting on...

#writers #reporter #journalist #journalism

Katie S.’s Avatar
Katie S. Aug 13, 2016

What type of degree is recommended for a career in sports broadcasting

I see a lot of ex-athletes in sports broadcasting. Do they all have college degrees? Some of them have degrees because they talk about them. But after speaking to my parents, it's possible many went to college but didn't finish. So do you really need a degree or do you just need to be one...

#sports-management #sports #broadcast-journalism #journalism

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Jul 30, 2016

How do I find inspiration to write articles for the student newspaper

I want to sign up for one of the many student newspapers at my future college, but I worry that I won't always be able to come up with an idea for an article in time for deadlines. Should I still sign up? How do I find topics if I don't have inspiration?...

#journalism

Angela D.’s Avatar
Angela D. Jun 24, 2016

I want to get into a job and travel around the world. I have seen in many lifestyle channels like TLC and FOX where the anchor has visits different countries and does a destination haul. How can I get into a silimar job.

I am totally fascinated by the lifestyle channels. The anchors get to visit various countries, try the cuisine. meet new people. I mean what job can be better than this. How could I get into such a Job. I am from India #journalism #travel #lifestyle #traveling #online-journalism...

#channel-partners

Aziz M.’s Avatar
Aziz M. Jun 24, 2016

What should I pursue in 12th to study Mass Communication in Graduation? Eligibility to get admission?

I am a student of class 10th. I want to know that what stream should I opt for in 12th so that I can study Mass Communication in Graduation? What is the eligibility criteria for getting admission? #journalism #arts #advertising #media...

#broadcast

Aziz M.’s Avatar
Aziz M. Jun 24, 2016

Is it possible to pursue Mass Communication after class 10th?

I want to know that is it possible to pursue Mass Communications after completing class 10th? Can it be done without graduation? Please answer. #journalism #arts #advertising #broadcast...

#news-editor

Rohit S.’s Avatar
Rohit S. Jun 20, 2016

What are the options in Journalism?

I am a class 10 student, want to work as a Journalist in future. #journalism #sports-journalism #online-journalism #science-journalism...

#long-form-journalism

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 12, 2016

How's the outlook for a career in game journalism?

I've always loved playing games and writing about them as a career would be amazing, but how easy is it really to get a job like that? #journalism #online-journalism...

#gaming-industry

nora A.’s Avatar
nora A. Jun 08, 2016

A.A in Journalism, B.A in Comm?

Hello, I am currently completing my general education classes in city college and I was planning to take additional classes to complete the Communications program as well, however, I've always had an interest for writing. My ultimate career goal is to work in editing. I have done my research...

#communications #journalism

Calvin K.’s Avatar
Calvin K. Jun 07, 2016

How do I get into sports journalism?

Obviously I'd have to go into an English-focused stream, but I was wondering if there is a stream specifically for sports? Or do opportunities (hopefully) open up later in my post-secondary career? #journalism #english...

#sports-journalism

leah H.’s Avatar
leah H. May 27, 2016

Is it appropriate to network online?

I want to work in the field of journalism and the coolest thing about this industry is that it's already accessible to me. It's so easy to find writers that I admire and follow them on social media. Often I have questions about the websites they write for or I'm just interested in things they...

#media #social-media #networking #writing #journalism

Liya C.’s Avatar
Liya C. May 27, 2016

Is it a good idea to get a journalism degree if you're not so sure you want to be a journalist?

My college has a great journalism major, but I'm not sure yet if I want to stick with journalism as my career path. I know I want to do something writing-related, but that could include newspapers, magazines, scripts, blogging, publishing, editing, even copyediting is something I'm interested...

#writer #writing #journalism

leah H.’s Avatar
leah H. May 25, 2016

How do you navigate a broad career field?

I want to go into the field of Journalism. I love writing, reading, social media, news, etc. The issue is that there's so many different mediums you can pursue and because I'm so curious and multi-interested, I want to dabble in many things. My question would be is it smarter and more stable to...

#media #writing #journalism